Cover Girl CG Smoothers Concealer

3.7

Squalane, PPG 2 Myristyl Ether Propionate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, Triisocetyl Citrate, Trimethicone, Euphorbia Cerifera Wax (Candelilla), Ozokerite, Chamomilla Recutita Extract (Matricaria), Tocopheryl Acetate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, C10 18 Triglycerides, Propylparaben, Copernicia Cerifera Wax (Carnauba), Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, May Contain ( /-): Mica 6/2/09

on 9/25/2011 8:28:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

This goes on smoothly & conceals dark spots & under eye circles pretty good. I wouldn't say it was the best but it is a close second. The only reason I gave it 4 stars is because it fades a bit after a few hours but otherwise, for the money, it is a great concealer.

on 9/25/2011 4:56:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOOVE the consistency of this concealer. Like seriously, it's SO SMOOTH. It stays on, and doesn't crease, and has GREAT coverage. The reason I have it three lippies however, is because of the colors. I have it in the shade medium, and it has very pink undertones, which don't work for olive skin. It does counter the darkness under my eyes nicely, but at the same time, it's not very natural looking, but only because of the pink undertones. I'm going to go out and buy this in yellow, and see if I can somehow mix the two together. But other than that, this is a great concealer.

on 9/13/2011 7:11:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I get this in the "Illuminator" shade - actually... I had one in that shade for the last two years that lasted and lasted (still have about 3/4 of a centimeter left of that stick actually) and I realized that I love it so much, I better find a replacement... so I checked stores and none carried the Illuminator shade!! That's the only one I'll use, on my fair skin, it really brightens around my eyes, not totally concealing my under eye circles, but imparting a brightness and freshness that makes me look more awake, without being detectable as makeup at all... I also put in the corners of my eyes. Well, I found my replacement, on sale no less, on drugstore.com... just received it last weekend...and while the packaging is slightly different (just labeling wise, it's still the same twist up stick), its the same great formula, smooth, creamy and perfect color for what I use it for. I'm gonna stock up!!! Illuminator is not an urban legend, just hard to find...

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

This concealer is too pink for my yellow undertones, and it doesn't work as a "salmon" based color for my under eye circles, either. I have pretty dry skin, and this concealer, although advertised to be smooth, rich, and moisturizing, does nothing to help the dryness. It looks cakey and it creases under the eyes (which is what I needed it for mostly), but a setting powder helps with that. I'm going to buy a liquid concealer for my undereye circles instead. This concealer works well as an eyeshadow primer as it keeps my shadows stuck to my lid. However, I would not repurchase.

A little too heavy for my under eyes, and can often appear cakey if applied too much.

on 8/28/2011 12:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

This is my favourite little concealer that I buy over and over again. I use it to cover up my blemishes and my under eye circles. It goes on smoothly and blends easily and gives me with great coverage that lasts. The packaging is great because its doesn't look like a concealer because it looks like a lipstick tube and its small enough that it will fit in any of my clutches so I touch up my makeup on long night out.

on 8/7/2011 11:42:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

This is a product I keep going back to. It is so smooth, moisturizing and easy to blend. I don't use this for under eye circles though because I personally like to use a yellow-based concealer and the shades CG offers for this aren't yellow. As for covering spots, scars and blemishes though...this is amazing!

on 7/25/2011 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

For the price, this is really a find. It applies really smoothly, is easy to carry around and covers red spots or dark circles with enough coverage.
I only use it during the winter because my skin is really pale and I found the perfect shade for it. During the summertime, my skin changes so much with the sun, I use a blend of two concealers (one package) from another brand because it's easier than carrying two sticks.
I've gone through two sticks and will definitely continue to repurchase!

on 7/17/2011 11:30:00 AM

I've tried so many drugstore concealers, and this is the one I keep coming back to. Covers my dark circles well, blends easily and lasts throughout the day. While I have yet to find a concealer that offers perfect coverage, I've found that this is the best that the drugstore has to offer.

on 7/17/2011 2:46:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I have really dark hereditary circles under my eyes. I usually use a liquid concealer, but picked this up on a whim. First of all, this is a scented product. To me, this smells like maple syrup. I LOVE how this product smells. When it sets, it dries like a powder. But I really do love this product. After I put this product under one eye, the difference was outstanding.
It doesn't seem to settle into fine lines, either

Video Reviews & Tutorials