September 2, 2014 | 1938 users online

Cleansers - Dr. Hauschka - Cleansing Milk

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/3/2008 3:43:00 AM More reviews by Mirtilla

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

In the last few years, I have tried any kind of organic cleasing milks (both high & low-ends) and I consider this cleanser one of best items on the market. The product comes in a glass bottle w/a gold pump, the milk is white in color with a pretty creamy consistency and a very light smell of lemon. My skin feels very fresh, supple and smooth every time after using it so I really couldn't be happier.
By the way, Dr. Hauschkaís range isnít cheap and this cleanser makes no difference, but in this case it is true that the price reflects the quality of the product so don't hesitate to buy one if you are thinking about it.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2008 4:10:00 AM More reviews by Nefertati

This leaves my skin glowing, rosy and soft. The glass bottle is quite heavy, especially for travelling. I need quite a lot of the product, so overall it is rather expensive. Will buy again though, because nothing comes close. My skin is rather oily and has large pores, so I use the face oil as well - and the combination is really really great for my skin type.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/25/2008 4:35:00 AM More reviews by Mipmip

This thick cream is good for cleansing if you don't wear makeup, otherwise it is not efficient enough.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2008 4:24:00 PM More reviews by esoterica7

I love everything about this! It is creamy and gentle (I use it on my eyes and it never stings), with a wonderful natural scent, and it never causes breakouts. I use this as a makeup remover in the p.m. only, and follow with the Cleansing Cream and Clarifying Toner. I start with a warm compress for a few seconds, and then spread one pump's worth of the Cleansing Milk on my face, in circular motions for a minute or so. Then I splash clean with warm water, and finally I take cotton pads and wipe my face in an upward motion until no makeup or grime appears on the pads. When I initially started using this, I would wipe my face clean with a wet washcloth after applying the Milk, but I noticed a big difference when I switched to dry cotton pads (thanks to the advice I found here!). I don't think I was getting all the makeup/dirt off with the washcloth, and, like the Cleansing Cream, I find the Milk is more effective with less water. The glass pump dispenser is great. It's so refreshing to use this, but also really effective at getting my makeup off without stripping my skin.

My acne-prone, combination skin (oily t-zone, very large pores on my cheeks, black heads everywhere), has definitely changed since starting my all-Hauschka routine about 3 months ago. And while I never thought I'd say this about a skincare line, I think you absolutely have to use all (or at least most) Dr. Hauschka products to benefit and truly change your skin. All the products compliment each other. I also think that application technique is very important with basically every Hauschka product, so you have to do some research and find what works best for you. If you're not interested in using all natural products, and can't invest time and patience (and money!!) into this (my morning, night-time, and weekly mask routines take much longer, but it really becomes a happy ritual for me because I feel like I'm taking care of myself), then they're probably not for you.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2008 3:23:00 PM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

My favorite cleansing milk hands down. I prefer non-foaming cleansers because my skin is very sensitive and has a tendency to overdry. This product removes my makeup and sunscreen effectively, doesn't irritate (no rashes, bumps, or breakouts), and is the cleanser I always return to if I happen to stray and try another brand. It contains alcohol so it feels cooling on application - like a cleanser & toner in one - yet, it leaves my skin smooth, soft and hydrated enough that I don't feel the need to overload on moisturizer afterwards. I can also apply this on and around the eyelids without experiencing any stinging or blurred vision. One complaint is for the packaging - I don't like the fragile glass bottle and I have difficulty getting the product out once it gets down to ~1/4 empty. I hope they redesign the package to a squeeze tube or some sort of airtight pump like REN brand cleansers. ~~~INGREDIENTS: water * alcohol * anthyllis vulneraria extract * jojoba oil * sweet almond oil * apricot kernel oil * glycerin * fermented grain extract * cetearyl alcohol * bentonite * lecithin * xantham gum * fragrance (parfum) *limonene * geraniol * linalool * citronellol

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2008 7:57:00 AM More reviews by jaws

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I ran out of my Laventine olive oil cleanser which I only use to remove my makeup. I decided to try Dr Hauschka's cleansing milk to remove my makeup since I already use the cleansing cream, clarifying toner, normalizing oil, clay mask, and facial toner. The cleansing milk left my skin feeling very oily but did remove my mascara and SheLaq on my eyelashes. It burned my eyes a little. I was able to remove the oily feeling by cleansing with the cream after makeup removal and following with my normal Dr Hauschka routine. The price was high, did what it was supposed to do, and I love the glass bottle but I don't know if I would buy this again for makeup removal.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/30/2008 4:39:00 AM More reviews by Shanplum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Terrible terrible, do not buy if you have sensitivity to nuts of any kind! All these products are terrible and aggrevated my eczema so badly. The Naturopath lady was shocked at what happened to my skin using this range. I had the whole skincare line plus the makeups. cost hundreds what a waste. they say chemicals are the enemy but they have nothing on these so called natural ingredients.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/29/2008 10:54:00 PM More reviews by jhr

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love Dr. Hauschka products. I have a tendency to want cleansers to leave my skin feeling stripped (which is not good). This product certainly does not do that. It leaves the skin clean and moisturized at the same time. It has a lovely, natural scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/26/2008 11:13:00 AM More reviews by lussinka

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I usually don't write reviews and actually this is my first one ever, but I have to let you know about this fantastic product!!
I've always used expensive and fancy and the-latest-technology products, but since I've discovered Dr. Hauschka, I'm never going back! I've been using a few product from Dr.H line for a few months now. I used to have combo skin before, and now it's ''changed'' to NORMAL- I know it sounds strange, but as strange as it sounds - it's true. Let me tell you about the products that have helped me. An amazing Cleansing milk! It has nice texture, not too thick and not too runny, white colour and herbal-y,almost lemon-y smell to me. Honestly, at first I didnt really liked smell too much, but then I realized, it must be much better for my skin than any perfume other brands put in... And it was. In the evening, I moist my face with water and apply on my face (2 pumps) using the press and roll motion. It melts my makeup beautifully (I dont use it for eye makeup, I use eye make up remover or Virgin Olive oil). I do this for a minute or two, then I take damp cotton pad and take it off my face. Then I towel dry and thats it. It makes my skin unbelievably soft and moisturized, my pores are a little smaller (I cannot say it does miracle for pores) but it definitely got rid of my blackheads! I used to have some on my chin and now there are NONE and on my nose is at least 2/3 gone. This milk is formulated for dry and sensitive skin conditions, as I said before my skin was combination and it worked for me anyway. Some people here say it's expensive. IMO it's not, I've had mine current for over a month and maybe 1/5 is gone, and I use 3 pumps a day. The only thing I dont like is the packaging..while the pump is great and very controlable, you have to be careful about the glass bottle, but this isn't a big problem. Bottle alone looks great, very retro and 70's. Well, back to my routine. After cleansing with milk I use Dr.H Facial Toner, which is so lovely.. I got used to the smell and now I almost love it, it's so nice and fresh, I just spray it it over my face and that's it. My skin feels so moisturized that I don't need to use night moisturizer. You might need to use an eye cream if you use one, I dont. well, that's it. That's my whole routine that makes my skin so beautiful! I have no more breakouts (not even one!) and my skintone is nice and even and what's the best, I dont even need to use Photoshop on my photos anymore :)) In the morning, I use Cleansing milk again, usually only one pump, I dont care about 'press and roll' because I'm usually in a hurry, I just slap it on my face and massage in, remove with lukewarm water and towel dry. After I use Facial Toner and Rose Cream light (I find the regular version too heavy for me, but I can imagine it working for the drier skins than mine). It doesnt take long to soak in and in a few minutes I'm ready to apply my primer/foundation. Since I use this line I dont need powder anymore because my T-zone isnt as shiny as it used to be, which was a little.. Now I use powder only when going for a night out and so. I LOVE the whole Dr. Hauschka line and I honestly recommend it, I understand that natural skincare isn't for everyone, but give it a try, I would never thought it was for me either. And it was! From other Dr.H products, I also use Steam bath with Clay mask afterwards, and since I don't exfoliate as Dr.H advices, I'm gonna purchase Cleansing cream which I'm gonna use in the evenings after Milk and also I want to try Rejuvenating mask..
I have to tell you girls, since I kissed my Dior and Chanel goodbye and started with Dr.Hauschka routine, plus Olive oil as an makeup remover, also hair mask (you have to try this!!) and coconut oil as a body moisturizer, my skin is beautiful and I'm very happy, especially because everybody compliments me :) I'll never be able to get rid of my completely unnatural make up products though :) <3 MAC too much :)
I'll update if anything ever breaks me out but as I've been using it so long I don't think so.
Hope this review's gonna be useful :) The end.

17 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/31/2008 9:00:00 PM More reviews by LoloDSM

I bought the Dr. Hauschka trial set for normal, dry, sensitive skin three weeks ago. My skin is naturally oily and prone to breaking out, but years of acne treatment (including Retin-A) have left my skin dry and sensitive. In the past, I've used Estee Lauder, Mary Kay, Clinque, Kiehl's, La Mer, and Cetaphil, but I wanted to get away from synthetic products. So far, I've been very pleased with Dr. Hauschka. It's gentle on my skin and I love the scent of the products (even the cleansing cream). It's helped with dryness and redness (caused from Retin-A), and has left my skin soft.

I've since bought full-sized bottles/tubes of the set, and I still really like everything. The cleansing milk does not remove waterproof mascara, but I still like it overall as a make-up remover. Plus, it smells wonderful (very lemony). Dr. Hauschka doesn't believe in having a squeaky clean face which took some getting used to, but now my skin is very healthy feeling and looking.