Dr. Hauschka Cleansing Milk

3.8

Water/Aqua, Alcohol, Anthyllis Vulneraria Extract, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Glycerin, Fermented Grain Extract, Cetearyl Alcohol, Bentonite, Lecithin, Xanthan Gum, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Fragrance/Parfum (Essential Oil), Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Citronellol 5/29/09

on 12/2/2008 1:52:00 AM

Not bad at cleaning, but it did make my skin blotchy, red and bumpy (think eczema and milia, not acne). I'm allergic to oats and there are "grain extracts" in this, so I think that is what irritated my skin.

on 10/22/2008 11:44:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

This is a lovely gently cleanser. It leaves my skin feeling soft and also moisturised. However I think that it is a little too gentle and sometimes I feel when I use this, that I need to wash my face twice to get thoroughly clean, so for that reason I woudn't repurchase.

on 9/23/2008 7:54:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I have used the cleansing milk and toner for almost a year and love it. My skin is less dry, my skin texture is more smooth, I have less irritation, and breakouts. I have more of a glow! I do use jojoba oil at night to take off my make up first, and then the cleansing milk, because it didn't seem to remove enough make up. I love this product and usually buy several of each when Whole foods has a sale. I did switch to the Weleda's intensive almond cream due to cost and I really felt like I needed some moisturizer at night. (Dr Hauschka's rose day cream is not recommended to be used at night)

Would I buy it again. most likey. I"ve thinking about switching because of the cost, but this works so well and I have already tried so many things. I have a very challenging list of skin problems: dry, very sensitive, and acne prone. I am still considering switching to the weleda brand for cleansers and toners. Weleda got a very high rating in Germany for Natural ingredients and for some reason Dr Hauschka rated low? I had to update this review after finding out and I changed my 5 to a 4 overall.

update: I suspected that I may have even less breakouts with a cleanser that had less oil in it so I switched to Oranicare daily cleanser. Now I have almost no breakouts and my clogged pores have improved as well. So, I changed my scores. I think this is a great product for someone who is not acne prone.

on 9/22/2008 1:46:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is a gorgeous cleansing milk! I use it in the evenings to remove make up (and then follow with Dr. H's Cleansing Cream) or as my facial cleanser if my skin is feeling a bit sensitive. When using as a make up remover I don't wet my face first, when on bare skin I dampen my face a bit, I massage it gently and rinse. I find with Dr. Hauschka cleansers you really need to rinse your face well in order to remove the product. Cleasing Milk soothes my skin and it looks fresh and moisturized - not tight and dry. I follow this with Clarifying Toner and if its night time - no moisturizer. The no moisturizer at night took a while to get used to, but in the morning my skin looks plump and rested - my tzone is not an oil slick!

on 9/2/2008 2:41:00 PM

This is a soft cleanser for my face. My skin always look so healthy and soft after using this product I use it now for a year.
In combination with the dr haushka facial toner there is no need to use night cream anymore. Which is fantastic!

The price seems a bit high, but it goes a long way. So it's not that expensive overall

I really like the natural smell. That's something you might get used to.

What can I say: it's a natural product, it's soft, it's good, it's the best one for me, it has all I search in a cleanser.

on 8/24/2008 2:52:00 PM

Me: n/d, 41, no allergies to nuts, some problems with sensitivity/dermatitis. Pros: Silky, clean smelling cleanser which has soothed my face all summer long without irritating a mild case of eczema/dermatitis. Removes light makeup pretty well, but I use jojoba oil too if I'm wearing eye shadow or mascara (I'm sticking to mmu b/c of the dermatitis problems). Substantial bottle, pump makes it easy to control application, clear glass means you can see when you need more product. Price: Very expensive, but you don't need much and I intend to stock up when Whole Foods has its semi-annual Hauschka sale. Cons: Many essential oils in the Hauschka range, including some derived from nuts. Probably not a great cleanser if you wear a lot of liquid makeup or eye products and aren't willing to double cleanse. May also not be cleansing enough for oilier skins. Buy again: yes. I was afraid I'd have to go on antibiotics for the dermatitis and this has really helped me avoid that so far (2 mos. or so).

on 7/21/2008 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I've been verrrry careful on how i review products now, every since my hg cleanser, turned out it was causing whiteheads on my forehead. So i've used this for at least a year, and i havnt experienced any dryness, breakouts, increase production of oiliness, you name it. This is the cleanser i've always gone back to. The one that i always go crawling back to when all of the other one's i was trying out let me down. my homebase!

The consistency: not a heavy cream, it leans more on the light side. Think of it as a watery creamy texture. I hope that makes sense.

How it should be applied: It says to moisten your face first. I do this sometimes. i feel like the product becomes extremely diluted with the water on my face and that i can barley feel the "milk" there. At the same time, i dont mind this, infact i prefer this. Especially when im doing everything i can to not breakout.

The result: smooth, no dryness, clean and supple skin. What more could you want?

on 7/6/2008 12:41:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this cleanser every evening and morning and it's great for my sensitive skin. My skin feels soft and clean afterwards and it doesn't cause any spots of redness like some other cleansers do. It's gentle and although I don't usually have any spots, they are less red the next day if I use this cleanser in the evening before I go to bed. I haven't found anything better yet, and I've used a lot of different cleaners. I prefer it to the Cleansing Cream just because it's silky in texture so easier to wash off.

on 7/3/2008 3:43:00 AM

In the last few years, I have tried any kind of organic cleasing milks (both high & low-ends) and I consider this cleanser one of best items on the market. The product comes in a glass bottle w/a gold pump, the milk is white in color with a pretty creamy consistency and a very light smell of lemon. My skin feels very fresh, supple and smooth every time after using it so I really couldn't be happier.
By the way, Dr. Hauschka’s range isn’t cheap and this cleanser makes no difference, but in this case it is true that the price reflects the quality of the product so don't hesitate to buy one if you are thinking about it.

on 6/14/2008 4:10:00 AM

This leaves my skin glowing, rosy and soft. The glass bottle is quite heavy, especially for travelling. I need quite a lot of the product, so overall it is rather expensive. Will buy again though, because nothing comes close. My skin is rather oily and has large pores, so I use the face oil as well - and the combination is really really great for my skin type.