Salux Nylon Japanese Bath Towel

4.8

Nylon 60% Polyester 40%

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

I don't know how I ever thought my skin was soft before I used this cloth. Those little meshy poof things and fancy body scrubs are NOTHING compared to the Salux, which is deliciously scratchy and capable of some badass exfoliation.The first time I used it, I felt like my skin was going to split open! However, within a week I was used to the sensation and will now scrub away quite happily. I use this in the mornings - It really wakes up my mind and body and gets my circulation going.

Because it dries so quickly (like 20 minutes, tops) the Salux is way more sanitary than anything else, but it's machine washable if you want that extra peace of mind. Apparently it lasts well for years too.

I've been using this religiously for 2 months and the results have been wonderful. Besides the all over baby-soft skin, my shaves are closer and the KP on the back of my upper arms has practically disappeared. There aren't any bumps left at all, just a few red dots which I'm pretty sure will vanish eventually. My skin is always smooth and soft now even without body lotion (which takes it to a whole different level, but isn't necessary if you use a moisturising soap with your Salux).

I bought a pack of 2 from the online Salux Shop (do NOT order off ebay or Amazon, too many fakes) and was over the moon with the customer service I received. Shipping was free from the US to South Africa and my package took about 2 weeks to arrive, which is pretty reasonable for most internationally shipped stuff. Joie (the lady in charge of the online shop) even included a lovely, personally signed little note.

Really, I can find nothing negative to say about this product. Just a reliable, affordable way to get smooth, soft skin. IMO everyone should have one of these little cloths in their shower.

on 11/27/2013 6:24:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love these. There is nothing that makes you feel better than going for a good steam or soak, having a good sweat and scrubbing all the dead skin off with these. Clears the mind and the body!

on 11/26/2013 11:53:00 PM

I'm currently in my mid to late 30s (37 years old) and have been using this towel since I was at least 15. It is the best wash cloth for your body-EVER! Some people find it too rough, but I like the texture. (I think they make. It in different textures too!) When I use it, I feel like my body is actually clean! I love that it dries extremely quickly, so you don't have a mildew-like smell when you use it the next day. You should definitely try it!

on 11/18/2013 5:08:00 PM

I absolutely love these bath towels. They do such a great job of lathering up and exfoliating your skin. They also make it easy to get at hard to reach areas like the middle of your back. They feel much more hygienic than a loofah, give them a shot!

on 11/3/2013 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Decent product.

I do like apply soap with this.

It exfoliates nicely but it isn't face worthy.

Price is reasonable and it eliminates the need to purchase a body scrub.

It does a good job but I think I like the shower puff better

on 9/25/2013 1:37:00 PM

Great for your everyday shower! Very inexpensive too!

on 9/14/2013 7:08:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

I've been using these for about 15 years now. Discovered them in an Asian supermarket and fell in love. I have seriously dry skin and go for Korean exfoliation scrubs about every other month. These help in between to keep the flaking to a minimum. Make sure to hang to dry after use so they don't stay damp.

on 8/22/2013 9:41:00 AM

This was a great find, thanks MUA! I normally use exfoliating gloves but I wanted something that I could use to reach my back. This towel is a little on the scratchy side but still works really well. Apparently Salux also make a silk version which I am interested in buying, hoping that it would be softer, but can't find any at the moment. I would absolutely buy more of these and I would recommend trying these if your skin isn't too sensitive to a scratchy towel.

on 7/26/2013 9:15:00 AM

Sorry, but this towel is not good. It is too harsh. Harsh scrubbing led to inflammation, and the inflammation led to a bad case of keratosis pilaris (KP, a condition that affects people with dry skin). I had never had it before using this towel on my body, and I still have scars on my arm from a serious breakout. Sometimes things that seem too good to be true actually are. Now I gently exfoliate with a sugar scrub twice a week and use a body wash with glycolic acid and a body moisturizer with lactic acid. I haven't experienced any new breakouts since throwing away the salux and starting my new routine.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I ordered a Salux Japanese Towel online purely on the reviews listed here on MUA. Wow, I totally understand all the love. It is fabulous and I am so very glad I use this now. My skin thanks you 10X over. It is a bit scratchy to start off, it is an exfoliating towel after all. But you quickly get over that and now I am obsessed. Using this awesome towel makes my skin super soft, softer than it has ever been. I love the design of it and it makes it so easy to use this in the shower on your back and feet. I also have keratosis pilaris on my upper arms and this towel has completely removed all of it after using for a month or so! I adore this and give it my wholehearted 100% guarantee that you will love it. (I found online and ordered off amazon)

Popular Misc Beauty Tools