Clinique Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15

ACTIVE INGREDIENTS: titanium dioxide 13.00% [] octinoxate 2.00% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: talc [] dimethicone [] nylon-12 [] silica [] squalane [] boron nitride [] vinyl dimethicone/methicone silsesquioxane crosspolymer [] cetyl caprylate [] diisostearyl malate [] phytosteryl/isostearyl/cetyl/stearyl/behenyl dimer dilinoleate [] methicone [] aluminum hydroxide [] glycerin [] sodium hyaluronate [] magnesium palmitoyl glutamate [] sodium palmitoyl sarcosinate [] palmitoyl proline [] alumina [] tocopherol [] palmitic acid [] 1,2-hexanediol [] ascorbyl tetraisopalmitate [] tin oxide [] sodium dehydroacetate [] [ /- iron oxides (ci 77499, ci 77492, ci 77491) [] mica [] titanium dioxide (ci 77891)]

on 4/9/2012 4:05:00 PM

I just recently switched my powder after getting over the whole bare minerals fad. I love it. It has great coverage without feeling too cakey, and I'm glad that it does not at all contribute to acne, which I was concerned about when switching my make-up. So far so good, and it's the same price as a bare mineral foundation with smoother coverage.

on 3/21/2012 8:13:00 PM

I use this to set foundations, and I love it! It's sheer enough to not look cakey on me, and on good skin days, I can just use this with some concealer and I'm good to go.

on 3/19/2012 6:59:00 PM

Awesome! awesome! I have an acne prone skin and its the best powder foundation I ever used. first of all its a natural finish and the best thing is it doesnt break me out..
1.)i never even feel that im wearing make up...
2.)it gives me a flawless finish without the cakey looking..
3.)its very natural looking and no one would detect that your wearing makeup ...

(I use this at school and my skin is flawlesly beautiful because of this!) i bought 3 of this because im so contented and happy :) thanks clinique mwaaa

on 3/18/2012 11:28:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

The color selection is awful and the overall packaging is tacky. I would think clinique would come up with something classy and sleek. Anyways, my skin looked ashy and dull. Oil control was awful with this and I looked like a hot mess within 4 hours. Returning this tomorrow.

on 3/5/2012 12:24:00 AM

This product creates a beautiful finish- but beware if you have oily or acne-prone skin. I think this product is mispackaged and thus often mis-sold at lots of Clinique counters- it's not necessarily meant to be a setting powder so much as an actual foundation in and of itself. When I visited the counter, I told the assistant that I wanted a light coverage powder simply to set my foundation. She handed me this, presumably for the "almost" title. I may not have had the best counter experience, but this assistant completely failed to mention that the product is a powder foundation and can/should be worn alone. I loved the finish in the store, but when I tried it over my foundation at home I looked cakey, a little oily, and very "made up." Within two days, I was experiencing severe breakouts. Needless to say, I went back to Macy's and exchanged for the Oil Free Sheer Matte Clinique powder, with which I have had MUCH better results. A lot of people with oily skin have posted here saying how much they love the product, and it's definitely possible... my skin might just be very acne-prone, or perhaps they were using it as a standalone makeup without a foundation underneath. Either way, this product is NOT oil-free, so if you are wary about putting things like that on your face, stay away!

on 2/24/2012 5:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Its the absolutely best powder product on the market! I had everything, from Chanel to MAC, Bobbi Brown and Dior and Lancome ... I even tried out every single powder from Clinique and this is the best powder I ever had in my life.
It has good coverage but looks absolutely natural. You can use it to set your make up or for touching up on the go. The formula is just perfect. Theres nothing even close to be not so good about it.

on 2/15/2012 1:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

Caused the most painful break out ever.

on 2/3/2012 4:35:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine

This is my first ever experience of powder foundation and was purchased solely on the basis of the reviews I read here - I have not been disappointed :) It's a fabulous alternative to my usual liquid foundation (also Clinique) and on days when I don't feel much like blending, powdering and all the other stuff required by liquid base application, this is totally liberating. That said, the finish it gives is easily good enough for a night out and I've been surprised by how flawless my skin can look with just a few strokes of this little miracle worker.

The packaging is reasonable, though I do feel the green 'faux marble' look is pretty dated now and not terribly sleek, however, the product inside more than makes up for what the packaging lacks and I'll definitely repurchase.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine

Love this product. I use the lightest shade, and it covers redness and evens out my skin tone beautifully. On days when I am in a hurry, I can usually skin concealer. Doesn't cake up, and controls the oil in my tzone decently. I have repurchased this several times, and I have a back up on hand now. Highly recommend.

Edit: For some reason, this product has started to break me out. I also have problems with fading by mid afternoon. By the time I get off work, you can't tell I ever had makeup on. I can't be for certain if it's my skin that's changed, or the formula of the powder has changed, but I can't use it anymore.

on 1/22/2012 4:22:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I'm not getting the enthusiasm for this product. Purchased this on a mission after reading so many good reviews and wore it for 2-3 days. I tried applying with a big powder brush and with the sponge -- neither achieved the desired effect. Light to medium coverage, didn't cover blemishes or discoloration, dry patches accentuated and couldn't find a perfect color match -- the shade I bought looked right at Nordies but became more pink over time and did nothing to counteract redness. Also cracked and flaked like nobodies business after a few hours of wear.

I recently discovered Too Faced Amazing Face (see my review) and am giving that a whirl -- so far it's blowing this stuff out of the water.