October 23, 2014 | 2201 users online

Powder - Clinique - Almost Powder Makeup SPF 15

rated 2 of 5 on 1/22/2012 4:22:00 PM More reviews by Pearfish

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm not getting the enthusiasm for this product. Purchased this on a mission after reading so many good reviews and wore it for 2-3 days. I tried applying with a big powder brush and with the sponge -- neither achieved the desired effect. Light to medium coverage, didn't cover blemishes or discoloration, dry patches accentuated and couldn't find a perfect color match -- the shade I bought looked right at Nordies but became more pink over time and did nothing to counteract redness. Also cracked and flaked like nobodies business after a few hours of wear.

I recently discovered Too Faced Amazing Face (see my review) and am giving that a whirl -- so far it's blowing this stuff out of the water.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2012 2:06:00 PM More reviews by uponbluemoon

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Less is definitely more with this powder! I use it to set my liquid foundation. Just one swirl with a powder brush is more than enough to cover my T-zone.

My skin is on the dry side but I do notice that I get the tiniest bit of shine in my T-zone. I used to cover my entire face with powder and hated how cakey it looked and how it accentuated my expression lines. I didn't use it for a couple of months and picked it up again the other day just on a whim. Since I was short on time, I just gave it one swirl and lightly dusted my T-zone only. Wow it looks amazing.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2012 2:14:00 AM More reviews by Ericoy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was at the mall and decided to stop by Sephora and just window. But I decided to ask one of the sales women there about their opinion on some of their products and what will work for my skin type.
My skin type is oily skin. And if your like me, it's hard to find the perfect face powder makeup that will stay on for a good amount of time, no skin irritations and won't clog pores.
The sale representative told me about Clinique's Almost Powder Makeup. I have never used anything by Clinique so I was a bit skeptical about the product. She applied a very small amount of powder onto my face I was amazed. She applied the powder to half of my face and I was amazed at the difference. This powder evened out my skin tone and didn't look cakey at all. Also a bonus about this product it has SPF 15 protection to it. And also there is no fragrance added to the face powder so it doesn't irritate my sensitive skin.
The price is a bit on the expensive side but I would definitely buy it again. Because I can see myself using very little of it, which will last long and it will save me a lot of time and money of using cheap face powder. Ever since I started using this product I will not go back :]
THIS IS A MUST HAVE FOR ANY SKIN TYPES.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 12:02:00 PM More reviews by Cellove15

ABSOLUTELY STUNNING!!! I never expected to actually like this that much. Got it on ebay and was like "uhhh well, I can try it but it sure is like any other powder... it's just powder, you know"... But this stuff really surprised me!!!! It's lovely!!! Best mineral makeup I own. .... The color (fair) is nice for my nc15ish skin and this makeup is hardly visible at all... BUT does provide a surprisingly good coverage! Wow wow wow. Clinique really delivers with this one!!! Definitely gonna repurchse this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Edit: Love this so much I'm gonna buy some backups right away

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 11:16:00 AM More reviews by Smile12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I use the lightest shade which is 'Fair', which I find to be a great colour, blending in nicely to my pale skin.

The texture is lovely and I actually enjoy putting this powder on. It doesn't dry out my dry areas or clog up the pores in my oily T-Zone. I went throught a phase of using different liquid foundations for a while which resulted in my skin breaking out, and my pores were clogged. So I switched to using my moisturiser and this powder and have actually noticed that my skin is looking alot clearer. It is definately agreeing with my skin.

I would say that the finish is light to medium if you use with a brush, or you can get a fuller coverage with a sponge. It has passed the durability test as it tends to last pretty well throughout the working day.

It is on the pricey side, however I feel like you get value for your money - great quality product that will last a good few months and lovely packaging. I will definately be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/2/2012 3:03:00 PM More reviews by pink_paige

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well for the first time in my life my skin has changed, part due to hormones of early 40's I think. I am now t-zone quite oily. this foundation my girlfriend was using and I noticed how great it was on her,natural, doesn't settle into lines...great colours. Only down point as i am used to Chanel and Dior Packaging is a little ho hum...green???

rated 3 of 5 on 12/15/2011 11:58:00 AM More reviews by rachelicious904

Amazing coverage and doesn't even dry out my sensitive skin to boot. I had this in ivory and it was perfect on my skin and when I repurchased, it was like they had changed the colour it was so pink :( I have never been so disappointed, I actually had to use it as a blusher! It is fairly expensive as well. I have since wasted another £22 on another colour which is too dark. I just can't seem to find the right shade for me any more! Which is a shame because it is a fabulous product. However, it doesn't last long at all if you want to use every day so not value for money and it always seems to break up when I'm about half way through so I waste loads.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2011 3:48:00 PM More reviews by marybob

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Once I tried the free sample of this i never looked back. Its not a long wearing foundation like I had been using but it covers my broken capillaries and acne scar/blotches leftover from younger years. Doesn't settle into lines too much and I can apply without looking too closely and without glasses. The fair neutral is an exact match for me (nw20). I wash the sponge out with dawn every so often to keep things clean and it lasts a couple of months. Can't go without this!

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/4/2011 10:13:00 AM More reviews by Leleth

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I'm a big fan of powder foundations and this is hands down one of the best products I've ever used. The colour range is very good, the two lightest shades even work for super pale nordic complextion without being too orange or pink.

The powder is very silky and gives a natural looking finish even if you apply several layers. This might not be the best product for those who are looking for a foundation that gives full coverage, but if you want a natural looking finish and don't have a lot of impurities to cover this just might do the trick.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/3/2011 8:37:00 PM More reviews by 73steph

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I got this by accident, but the sa knew what she was doing! I'd asked her for a powder to set my liquid foundation, as I was trying to use it up. She suggested this and I didn't realize it was a foundation til one rushed morning when I used this instead of my foundation for some quick coverage. I was amazed by how good I looked later in the day and put 2 and 2 together. Long story short- really love this foundation, it may be better than my old fave, Lancome Dual Finish and it costs less + spf. Win-Win! You can use the sponge it comes with or a brush for lighter coverage, really pretty finish for not a lot of money :)