April 16, 2014 | 948 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Rimmel - Fix and Perfect Foundation Primer

rated 3 of 5 on 5/28/2012 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Lxvechloe

This primer was a major dissapointment. I was super excited to try it based on some good reviews I had read and it really did not deliver. It was essentially like I didn't apply a primer at all. Within a few hours of applying my makeup it was flakey, blotchy, and just terrible looking. I definitely will not be repurchasing.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/22/2012 2:19:00 PM More reviews by akmcarpenoctem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I bought this primer because I read really good things about it.

I picked up this product (Rimmel Fix and Perfect 002) at Walgreens for $11.99. I have skin that tends toward oily, and as I work in a kitchen, it's very important for my make-up to stay put. This primer didn't do it for me. I tends to hold make-up for awhile, but by the 3rd or 4th hour, my makeup starts to wear off. I was really not impressed.

I will use up this tube but will be looking elsewhere. It wasn't horrible...it just didn't really work for me, either.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/5/2012 8:15:00 PM More reviews by donutlooksforgreatproduct

Its orange which some people are complaining about but you're going to put foundation ontop of it anyways so why complain? It also has this interesting smell. It can be very strong at first but after a whle the smell dies down. I soetimes use this primer alone though since my skintone works with it. It doesnt come on orange fo me. It claims to even out your skin and minimize pores but I only notice change in skin tone. It works amazing with drugstore foundations but I havent tried it with my high end ones since I have a high end primer which I dont like to mix around with

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2012 9:33:00 AM More reviews by oxfordjrr

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I bought this as was running out of my avon magix primer and while I was happy with it, I always like to try different products. I originally wanted to get the Bourjois primer balm, but at 9.99 it was way too expensive. I got this instead, I think it was 6.99? Which is a more reasonable price. It has a medium consistency with a very silky texture. I would highly recommend for dry skin as it blends so easily and mattifies without drying. It smells good and kept my oily/combination skin matte until the end of the day with a full face of make up. My only miss-givings about this product is that it contains no SPF, which my last primer had at the same price, but apart from that, I would definitely recommend/repurchase.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/26/2012 11:44:00 PM More reviews by azngirl7979

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

My holy grail primer would have to be the Smashbox photo finish primer light, but this is my second favorite. It doesn't make my skin as smoothe as the smashbox one, but this does sink into my skin pretty well. It actually controls my oil pretty well. I will still get a little oily throughout the day, but much better than if I didn't use one as well. It is so cheap I would recommend it to anyone,
On a side note, I know a lot of people complain about the tinted color of the primer. The tint doesn't even transfer unless you use a ridiculous amount. It sounds weird, but I think it just makes your face more glowy and it does not emphasize redness, so no worries!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2012 11:09:00 PM More reviews by mmmaggie

This I have repurchased. As far as drugstore goes, this is the only primer I have ever liked.
PROS: It feels like a moisturizer but without any of the oiliness some have. I like that it has a colour, it does wear into the skin but it makes mine look more vibrant.
CONS: colour range
DUPE: MAC Prep + Prime Fortified Skin Enhancer in Recharge

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by DisneyAnimeFan92

I tried this product for the first time today after buying it on a whim when I went to CVS for mascara. I had a Sephora primer sample, and that was the first primer I had ever tried. It worked pretty well, but it's almost gone now, and I didn't feel like heading to a Sephora store or paying a ton in shipping and handling to have more delivered when I knew there was a highly recommended drugstore brand primer that I could get right down the street.

This primer went through the ultimate test today. It's an extremely humid spring day, the kind of day where I sweat A LOT and my oily skin completely destroys any makeup I attempt to put on. I've had this primer on under my foundation and concealer for almost seven hours, and despite teary allergy eyes, massive amounts of sweat, and a little oil breakthrough from the humidity, everything is still in place. Even my favorite L'Oreal blush, which normally doesn't last the entire day, is still visible on my cheeks. Needless to say, I am very, very impressed.

The apricot color of the primer, which other reviewers have complained about, did scare me when I opened the tube for the first time. l I have dark brown skin with yellow and red undertones, so had the primer been pigmented, it would have been unwearable for me. Luckily, it turns clear once it's blended, and I didn't notice any trace of orange on my skin when I applied it or hours later when sweat and oil mixed with it. It made my skin feel smooth and even, and almost felt like a second moisturizer. I'm so glad I took a chance and tried this out, and will certainly buy again.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/1/2012 2:07:00 PM More reviews by ncdecolover

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This product works great on me. I particularly like the fact that it seems to either absorb or act as a barrier to the oil that always tends to break through on my nose after 2-3 hours.

My only complaint is that I think Rimmel either needs to offer a colorless version of this product or a lighter shade than 01, which I bought. My skin is in the 15 range so 01 is reallytoo dark on me.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/17/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by eyeshadowforall

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Green

My warning: I'm ALLERGIC to this!!! I'm REALLY ticked off cause this was expensive! if you have sensitive skin, invest in something using natural ingredients instead of wasting $12 on this thing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2012 9:25:00 PM More reviews by SimpleNSexy

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I know that the apricot colour is scary but all it does is brighten ur skin a bit. No pink face, I promise. As far as staying power goes, this helps my face stay matte for 6+ hours. Doesn't feel rubbery or slippery when I put it on either.