September 30, 2014 | 1861 users online

Hair Treatments - It's a 10 - Miracle Hair Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2009 9:34:00 PM More reviews by FrugalMakeupAddict

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

LOOOVEEE this product. It is quite a heavy duty treatment and is probably best suited for thick, coarse, frizzy or really damaged hair. I have used it on finer hair with no problems. I find it makes a difference in one treatment. Personally I have medium texture, wavy hair that takes a beating with heat styling tools. If I am going to wear my hair naturally wavy ( air dry or scrunch dry) I use this everytime I wash my hair and leave it in even though it is not meant for a leave in. For me this was a HG find for that purpose alone. It makes my hair actually hold a natural curl better with a little texture and body to it and better curl definition, rather than frizzy and poufy with little curl. I use gel on top of this, and it's perfect. It does not leave a greasy feel, and does not make it too heavy for the next day if I want to straighten my hair (after washing it again). I also leave this in overnight in a ponytail sometimes as a treatment. If I am wanting to wear my hair straight I do not leave it in but rather use it in the shower or use the leave-in spray version of this. I have several people hooked on doing the same thing as I do and one of them in particular has quite fine, but quite curly hair. Hers is not exceptionally frizzy per se, but this defines the curl in a fantastic way.
I would say try this for sure.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/27/2009 11:04:00 PM More reviews by blpbkp

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I have fine, thick hair. I tried this product based on reviews. It made my hair shiny and highlights looked great, however, it weighed my hair down significantly not only the day I used it but for days after. I tried using a very small amount and still had the same effect. I will not be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2009 9:08:00 PM More reviews by kmorse4219

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the spray leave in product. It literally saved my damaged hair. My hair was breaking off all over and wouldn't do anything. I probably lost 2" just in breakage before trying this product. I just spray it in each time I wash my hair and within about a month the breakage stopped. I think it will last a really long time, in over a month it has hardly gone down. It is rather expensive but I do believe it will last a while.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2009 6:33:00 AM More reviews by eleanorch

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have read the reviews here on MUA and have saved money and potentially avoided costly mistakes. I have bought some products that I would not have even known about if not for you reviewers. So I thought I’d contribute too and hopefully others can make some informed choices as I have. I'm really impressed with this and I think you should not buy anything else until you try this.
It has recently become available in Sally’s in Edinburgh. This is hands down the best hair mask that I've come across, and makes my hair feel soft. I have long, dark, although now colour treated highlighted hair that has been always dry…well ever since I can remember. I used this a few weeks and Voila - even my hairdresser commented on the condition of my hair. Don’t waste your hard earned money on anything else. This beats all hands down. Buy it!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/15/2009 9:48:00 PM More reviews by bozmog

I have very fine hair and it made my hair "too soft". It wouldnt hold any curl and had no body. Went flat for days. Dont use on fine hair--too heavy.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2009 2:19:00 PM More reviews by SexySalonGrl

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!! it's very hard 4 me 2 find a good hair mask that's not ridiculously marked up or actually works. i read the reviews about it and decided 2 get it. i have extremely thick, color processed, course, and dense hair. i am the most skeptical person when it comes 2 products working. but i love this stuff!
i left it in for 20min and rinsed.. and viola my hair felt waaay better. i dont know what happened 2 the girls who said they didnt like this product. but every1s different. i would ABSOLUTELY BUY AGAIN!! i'm a hair stylist so i bought this for $15.. usually salons do 100% markup so it would be $30? which is not bad compared to $50-$60 for kerastase which i do not have access to so i pay retail as well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2009 5:27:00 PM More reviews by hwywmn76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After using it on my extremely battered hair twice so far, I think that it is ok. I will continue to use it up , in keeping with my severe hair boot camp that I am establishing this summer in the hopes that it will continue to improve the overall shape of my hair week after week.

Felt nice on, rinsed well, after though I still absolutely needed a leave -in detangler ( I'm using the it's a 10 leave in). Otherwise it would have been a snarly mess, Despite it's claims to detangle my hair. After I let it air dry, I had soft, shiny hair. Is it actually "repairing" it? I'm not sure yet- but I can tell you my shine & softness had been slowly depleted from my hair, so it was a huge relief to have that back, even if it is fleeting...

(long, wavy, super highlited blonde, with a fresh cut)

The #1 thing I DIDN'T like is that it faded my highlites. There is no question, they were only about 2 weeks old, so still very vibrant and after the first time I felt that my color looked...different, and the second I can just describe it as saying that instead of highlites popping, it just all looks a little dulled, and all blending together. I haven't had this issue w/ the Leave In product, only the mask. THAT part is very disappointing.

For this reason, I doubt I'll repurchase, unless, it really does revivie my hair with consistent use.
I promise to update.

I like it, but not in love yet.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2009 12:50:00 PM More reviews by smashbox2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received a good size sample of this with the shampoo that I bought. I used the It's a 10 shampoo, mask and leave in. I am very underwhelmed with the mask. It isn't very thick and not really crazy about the scent. My hair didn't feel really moisturized and for the cost I think I will stick with my BB cdc or Jessicurl weekly deep treatment.

Here are the ingredients:
WATER/AQUA/EAU, GLYCERIN, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOMETHICONE, CETYL ALCOHOL, ISOPROPYL PALMITATE, BEHENTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, AVENA SATIVA (OAT) KERNEL EXTRACT, RETINYL PALMITATE, ASCORBIC ACID, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, APRICOT (PRUNUS ARMENIACA) KERNEL OIL, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL, LINUM USITASSIMUM (LINSEED) SEED EXTRACT, METHYL GLUCETH-20, FRAGRANCE/PARFUM, DIMETHICONOL, HYDROLYZED COLLAGEN, HAIR KERATIN AMINO ACIDS, CARAMEL, DIAZOLIDINYL UREA, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, CITRIC ACID, SODIUM CHLORIDE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, BUTYLPHENYL, METHYLPROPIONAL, d-LIMONENE.

7 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2009 4:59:00 PM More reviews by missy24680

Definately Would NOT buy again! nothing special to this conditioner...it is really bland and definately "not a 10" ..conditioned fairly well but used MUCH better before

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2009 8:38:00 PM More reviews by facebylace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff seriously came to my rescue. I recently tooked extensions out of my hair, and my hair is messssssed up. I tried this stuff (left it on for 20 min.) and my hair is getting much softer. If you have a beauty license you can get it for $15. Even if you don't have the license (i think its $30) it's so worth the price. I also recommend using their leave in conditioner too because the pair is just what the doctor ordered.