April 20, 2014 | 944 users online

Treatments - It's a 10 - Miracle Hair Mask

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2009 2:19:00 PM More reviews by SexySalonGrl

I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!! it's very hard 4 me 2 find a good hair mask that's not ridiculously marked up or actually works. i read the reviews about it and decided 2 get it. i have extremely thick, color processed, course, and dense hair. i am the most skeptical person when it comes 2 products working. but i love this stuff!
i left it in for 20min and rinsed.. and viola my hair felt waaay better. i dont know what happened 2 the girls who said they didnt like this product. but every1s different. i would ABSOLUTELY BUY AGAIN!! i'm a hair stylist so i bought this for $15.. usually salons do 100% markup so it would be $30? which is not bad compared to $50-$60 for kerastase which i do not have access to so i pay retail as well.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/28/2009 5:27:00 PM More reviews by hwywmn76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

After using it on my extremely battered hair twice so far, I think that it is ok. I will continue to use it up , in keeping with my severe hair boot camp that I am establishing this summer in the hopes that it will continue to improve the overall shape of my hair week after week.

Felt nice on, rinsed well, after though I still absolutely needed a leave -in detangler ( I'm using the it's a 10 leave in). Otherwise it would have been a snarly mess, Despite it's claims to detangle my hair. After I let it air dry, I had soft, shiny hair. Is it actually "repairing" it? I'm not sure yet- but I can tell you my shine & softness had been slowly depleted from my hair, so it was a huge relief to have that back, even if it is fleeting...

(long, wavy, super highlited blonde, with a fresh cut)

The #1 thing I DIDN'T like is that it faded my highlites. There is no question, they were only about 2 weeks old, so still very vibrant and after the first time I felt that my color looked...different, and the second I can just describe it as saying that instead of highlites popping, it just all looks a little dulled, and all blending together. I haven't had this issue w/ the Leave In product, only the mask. THAT part is very disappointing.

For this reason, I doubt I'll repurchase, unless, it really does revivie my hair with consistent use.
I promise to update.

I like it, but not in love yet.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/26/2009 12:50:00 PM More reviews by smashbox2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I received a good size sample of this with the shampoo that I bought. I used the It's a 10 shampoo, mask and leave in. I am very underwhelmed with the mask. It isn't very thick and not really crazy about the scent. My hair didn't feel really moisturized and for the cost I think I will stick with my BB cdc or Jessicurl weekly deep treatment.

Here are the ingredients:
WATER/AQUA/EAU, GLYCERIN, DIMETHICONE, CYCLOMETHICONE, CETYL ALCOHOL, ISOPROPYL PALMITATE, BEHENTRIMONIUM CHLORIDE, AVENA SATIVA (OAT) KERNEL EXTRACT, RETINYL PALMITATE, ASCORBIC ACID, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, APRICOT (PRUNUS ARMENIACA) KERNEL OIL, PRUNUS AMYGDALUS (SWEET ALMOND) OIL, LINUM USITASSIMUM (LINSEED) SEED EXTRACT, METHYL GLUCETH-20, FRAGRANCE/PARFUM, DIMETHICONOL, HYDROLYZED COLLAGEN, HAIR KERATIN AMINO ACIDS, CARAMEL, DIAZOLIDINYL UREA, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, CITRIC ACID, SODIUM CHLORIDE, BENZYL SALICYLATE, BUTYLPHENYL, METHYLPROPIONAL, d-LIMONENE.

6 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2009 4:59:00 PM More reviews by missy24680

Definately Would NOT buy again! nothing special to this conditioner...it is really bland and definately "not a 10" ..conditioned fairly well but used MUCH better before

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2009 8:38:00 PM More reviews by facebylace

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This stuff seriously came to my rescue. I recently tooked extensions out of my hair, and my hair is messssssed up. I tried this stuff (left it on for 20 min.) and my hair is getting much softer. If you have a beauty license you can get it for $15. Even if you don't have the license (i think its $30) it's so worth the price. I also recommend using their leave in conditioner too because the pair is just what the doctor ordered.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2009 4:19:00 PM More reviews by cwiese

A review from a hair product skeptic...I reluctantly bought this product after my hairstylist (strongly) suggested it. I am naturally skeptical when it comes to believing that a product can actually change the condition/appearance/texture of hair. Long story short, this product does work. I apply it once every two weeks and put on one of those disposable hotel shower caps on for 10 minutes. I have long, medium-thick, color-treated hair, and this product keeps the split-ends at bay and affects the texture/light-reflective properties of the hair in a positive way. It does not weight down the hair or have an offensive aroma. At $30 a tub, however, it's not cheap, but it should last 6 months for people with medium-long hair if used twice a month.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2009 2:38:00 PM More reviews by ageleg

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Here's my theory/opinion: if a conditioner comes in a tub, it's not meant to be used in the shower. Any treatment should be applied 'outside' of the shower on damp hair. Then you leave it to sit and penetrate for at least 20-30 mins or more. This way they are way more effective and you get your money's worth.

That is how I applied this mask and it left my hair beautiful. I put it in my hair, put a bag on my head and blow dry the bag to heat it up. After about an hour, I take the bag off and dry it into my hair fully (only on the weekends!) I sleep on it and wash it off after exercising the next day. Man...beautiful hair every time! It's a great treatment and smells nice too.

I will buy it again despite its high price!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2009 6:00:00 PM More reviews by girlingoldboots

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Wow, finally a hair product that does what it says. This mask has the consistency of Biolage Conditioning Balm, without making my hair tangle like the Biolage did. I use this in the shower for a few minutes and my hair is awesome afterward- shiny, easy to manage, and soft. It comes in a tub, which can be annoying in the shower because it's easy to get water in it, and it's really expensive, but those are the only two cons I can come up with. Because of the results I get, I will definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2009 5:26:00 PM More reviews by Kayelle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I purchased this because of the great reviews, and while it doesn't quite meet my expectations it's still a pretty good treatment. The fragrance is a bit much for me and I don't like the usage of toxic ingredients, but it effectively moisturizes my hair without weighing it down or making it oily. As far as repairative ability it's about on par with a few other treatments I have, but my color-treated hair does seem a bit healthier with regular usage. Overall it isn't amazing, but I would recommend it for those with dry, coarse or damaged hair.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2009 9:06:00 PM More reviews by hockeymomof3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First, the packaging is great - love the flip top tub. The smell of the conditioner is very clean and refreshing, not too florally or sweet, but just right. The consistency of the mask is perfect - it's an opaque white and is very smooth to the touch. You don't need a lot for it to be effective. I have curly/wavy hair that I have been straightening and needed some moisture back in my hair. This did the trick. I put it in my hair, let it sit for a few minutes and rinsed. It rinses clean, didn't feel sticky or anything or didn't feel any residue. After my hair dried it felt wonderfully soft and after my hair fully dried I did notice frizz reduction. The flat iron seemed to go through my hair a bit easier as well. After using a lot of other masks, I never could see or feel a difference, but I did with this one. It's a winner, even at $25. I will be trying the other products in this line (shampoo and leave in). I will update this as I use it more.