Bourjois rose d'or

4.1

TALC, MICA, CI 77891 (TITANIUM DIOXIDE), SYNTHETIC FLUORPHLOGOPITE, CI 77491 (IRON OXIDES), PARFUM (FRAGRANCE), BENTONITE, CI 77492 (IRON OXIDES), PARAFFINUM LIQUIDUM (MINERAL OIL), ZEA MAYS (CORN) STARCH, CI 77499 (IRON OXIDES), CI 77163 (BISMUTH OXYCHLORIDE), CI 15850 (RED 7 LAKE), CI 77007 (ULTRAMARINES), MAGNESIUM ALUMINUM SILICATE, SILICA, CI 15850 (RED 6 LAKE), LANOLIN ALCOHOL, CI 75470 (CARMINE), CI 19140 (YELLOW 5 LAKE), SODIUM METHYLPARABEN, AMMONIUM SILVER ZINC ALUMINUM SILICATE, METHYLPARABEN, PROPYLPARABEN, DEXTRIN, TETRASODIUM EDTA, BHT, PROPYLENE GLYCOL, ASCORBYL PALMITATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, CITRIC ACID Updated as of November 14, 2011

on 11/12/2008 7:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Whoa. I just bought this on midseasonsales and I'm wowed. I had been looking for a new blush for ages and after reading the good reviews I decided to try it. I was a bit worried when I saw what it looked like in the package because it looked extremely shimmery! But when I applied it it just gave me a nice glow without looking fake. It looks very natural and one sweep does the trick for me. I'm very pale with blonde hair and blue eyes and this is perfect for me. It is buildable but with me that looks a bit weird so I'll stick with one sweep. The package is a bit tricky at first but once you get the hang of it it's allright, just dont use too much force. On the whole a lovely blush, will definetly repurchase and try other colors of this.

on 10/10/2008 3:30:00 AM

This blush is one of the cutest cheap things you can buy out there. My obsession with Bourjois blushes started around 6 years ago. I own and adore many HE blushes (Chanel, Lancome, Nars etc...) but Bourjois is my cheap fix (costs approximately 10 euro in Greece). I love the cute, small, round pots and I love that the packaging matches the color of the blush so I can reach immediately for the one I want. The smell is not bothering me at all, on the contrary, it gives it a retro feeling that I like a lot, plus it disappears when I put it on. The fact that they are baked means that they can go hard on the surface but it hasn't been a real problem for me all these years. Now the particular shade: Rose D'Or is a medium pink with gold shimmer. It looks a bit scary in the pan but once it's applied the shimmer is really subtle (almost undetectable) and the color is a girly, bubblegum shade. On my skin it always apply very nice, sheerly and evenly, in fact I like it way more than some expensive and really pigmented blushes I own. Pale people (like myself) should be careful though, you should use a light hand with this one. In my honest opinion it looks better on neutral/cool skintones but I have seen it on a warm-toned girl and it looked nice on her too. If you don't like Rose D'Or the whole line of Bourjois blushes is worth checking out. I also adore Lune D'Or (a staple if you're fair) and Rose De Jaspe.

on 10/1/2008 7:07:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I bought this very recently and was very excited about it, but I made the unforgivable mistake of using the brush that comes with it to try it for the first time: suddenly I wasn't seeing cheeks anymore, I was seeing easter eggs:-D That scared me a bit but I didn't lose faith, I just used my normal soft blush brush the next time: instant, sexy glow:-)).
Now in the container this is bubblegum pink with golden streaks; pretty to look at, but a bit scary. On my face it turns into a very slightly shimmery, rosy color. I use it with the lightest hand possible, a little bit goes a long way ladies, so the fact that it's baked powder and therefore not too easy to get onto the brush is very convenient to me; otherwise I'm afraid I would overapply all the time.
The scent is noticeable as you open the container and I find it divine; reminds me of vanilla with a slight hint of cinammon. I can understand many of you wouldn't want your blush to smell, but I personally adore it, makes using it even more fun.
Now about the package, I am one of the people that find most Bourjois containers cute, not cheap, but it's a fact that this looks a little brittle. I'm not crazy about the brush lying on top of the actual product and not somewhere next to it (but that would require totally transforming the container) but I think I'll be tossing it anyway as it doesn't do the trick for me.
The price is fine, and considering this will probably last for ages, more than reasonable.
All in all I love this and I hear it also comes in other tempting colors - I'll be getting the lune d'or version sometime soon. Highly recommended.

on 9/17/2008 12:20:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I ADORE this blush!!! It's a sassy bubblegum pink with just a hint of gold and slight shimmer. I agree with one of the other reviewers that said this is better for touch ups rather than initial application, but it's also pretty enough to just swipe on easily for a natural flush when I'm in a hurry and need to get out the door. Its dainty compact with a mirror is perfect for my purse m/u bag. I read somewhere that this is one of the oldest and most classic blushes and it does have a vintage, classic look to it. I also love the light, clean scent, fresh but not overpowering. I am a m/u brush snob but have to admit that I really like the small little round brush that comes with this! I just swirl it in a circular motion on the apple of my cheeks and it looks so pretty and natural. I love this blush so much that I bought two of them! I would recommend this to anyone who can wear pink blushes and if not this color, then try one of the other shades. This just happens to be the shade that looks best on me and it's a good thing because I would buy them all! LOVE this!!!!

on 8/10/2008 6:45:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Lovely colour. Stays on all day. I still look fresh and alive at the end of the day. The brush is a little scratchy though. Will have to get around to buying a proper brush.

on 7/9/2008 11:15:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

i love this colour and i love the scent. the scent is feminine and subtle, and not little girly, and it doesn't last long. i am rather fair and a little of this goes a long way, so the smaller amount people are talking about here is really a non-issue for me. the shimmer is lovely and subtle. my main complaint is that the case broke so soon after i purchased this. i travel a lot for work and i have to leave this at home and keep it flat on a shelf as the top part of the compact (the mirror part) completely broke off. i read that bourjois eyeshadows and blushes are made by the manufacturers who make chanel, but i cannot confirm this.

on 6/23/2008 9:17:00 AM

I love, love, love this gorgeous color! I love the small iridescent glitter amount. I would definitely repurchase it. I have to say, it's quite expensive for the small amount you get in the pot, but the color is unique.

on 6/21/2008 8:48:00 AM

i bought this recently because I wanted to try a pink in a powder blush and bourjois is known for being good with brushes. Lately i've been using maybelline dream mousse in mauve (soft plum in the US), because cream or mousse blushes have been plauded for being better at achieving a natural effect than powder ones but, though i love the colour, i have found that the application is much harder and it's difficult to get the right amount of mousse onto the right part of your cheeks and sometimes with all that blending the oils on your finger start to take your foundation and powder off so it can end up looking wrong. Anyway it took me quite a while to decide which one to get either this one, rose d'or, or rose de jaspre. I'm very pale so thought that this as the lighter of the two shades would be better. It cost 6.25 on the expenseive side for a drugstore blush. the have to types of bluses, matt ones, or the ones with slight shimmer - they all have 'd'or' in the title, literally, of gold from French. Anyway this gives a lovely pink glow (v similar to maybelline's) and can be built up slowly. it is quite pigmented so watch out. As for the case, it's probably not the best design but i have a few of these little pots and they have never broken. oh , it does come with a tiny brush inside but I advise using a fullsize pro brush. all in all, happy with my purchase.

on 6/15/2008 5:32:00 AM

I really love this one, I love the subtle sparkles in it

This is my go-to blush for day to day use. i find that a quick swipe of this leaves me with a very natural "rosy-cheeked" look, and it can be built up very easily for a more dramatic evening look, without ever looking clownish! when i wear this i look healthier, and i don't think its glaringly obvious that i'm wearing blusher at all because it looks so natural. i love the scent of this stuff too, not that it is particularly relevant! the only negative i have about this product - i have been using bourjois eyeshadows and blushers for years, and whilst the little round pots are cute, they always seem to end up breaking at the hinge or cracking, which is such a pain. i have a pile of about 6 of them on my shelf that can't go in my makeup bag because the pots are broken :(

Top Rated Bourjois Products