April 20, 2014 | 1759 users online

Blush - Bourjois - rose d'or

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2008 9:17:00 AM More reviews by vitaminas

I love, love, love this gorgeous color! I love the small iridescent glitter amount. I would definitely repurchase it. I have to say, it's quite expensive for the small amount you get in the pot, but the color is unique.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/21/2008 8:48:00 AM More reviews by cazs

i bought this recently because I wanted to try a pink in a powder blush and bourjois is known for being good with brushes. Lately i've been using maybelline dream mousse in mauve (soft plum in the US), because cream or mousse blushes have been plauded for being better at achieving a natural effect than powder ones but, though i love the colour, i have found that the application is much harder and it's difficult to get the right amount of mousse onto the right part of your cheeks and sometimes with all that blending the oils on your finger start to take your foundation and powder off so it can end up looking wrong. Anyway it took me quite a while to decide which one to get either this one, rose d'or, or rose de jaspre. I'm very pale so thought that this as the lighter of the two shades would be better. It cost 6.25 on the expenseive side for a drugstore blush. the have to types of bluses, matt ones, or the ones with slight shimmer - they all have 'd'or' in the title, literally, of gold from French. Anyway this gives a lovely pink glow (v similar to maybelline's) and can be built up slowly. it is quite pigmented so watch out. As for the case, it's probably not the best design but i have a few of these little pots and they have never broken. oh , it does come with a tiny brush inside but I advise using a fullsize pro brush. all in all, happy with my purchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/15/2008 5:32:00 AM More reviews by Dilaa

I really love this one, I love the subtle sparkles in it

rated 4 of 5 on 4/9/2008 3:55:00 AM More reviews by CandyApple85

This is my go-to blush for day to day use. i find that a quick swipe of this leaves me with a very natural "rosy-cheeked" look, and it can be built up very easily for a more dramatic evening look, without ever looking clownish! when i wear this i look healthier, and i don't think its glaringly obvious that i'm wearing blusher at all because it looks so natural. i love the scent of this stuff too, not that it is particularly relevant! the only negative i have about this product - i have been using bourjois eyeshadows and blushers for years, and whilst the little round pots are cute, they always seem to end up breaking at the hinge or cracking, which is such a pain. i have a pile of about 6 of them on my shelf that can't go in my makeup bag because the pots are broken :(

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2008 12:35:00 PM More reviews by BlueyedBabe

I Love this Blush! The compact is adorable with a brush that fits around the spherical shape of the blush, itself. It's perfect for touchups, not for initial application. I have very fair skin, and a little goes a long way! I can wear it with cool colors or warm colors! It complements any color Lippies, too! Since it is a powder I recommend application with a fluffy brush applied on skin with foundation/base and powder, first, not straight onto skin. I Love Love Love the fragrance...it's a classic perfumey fragrance that makes application even more fun!

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2008 12:08:00 PM More reviews by louiseb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I got this because I liked the color and have heard it recommended in magazines.I have to say not happy with the results. I am fair with blonde hair and it just seemed too pink on me. I found the brush terrible as it laid it on streaky and was hard to blend unlike some other more expensive blushers I have used. The packaging looks cute but I dropped it once the other day and the blush powder broke in the middle leaving only a small bit of blush in the bottom of the container. The catch on the container also broke in the fall so now the enclosed brush won't even stay in. Have to say was disappointed overall and won't buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2008 12:16:00 AM More reviews by genie1226

Isn't the package just cute? Despite the fact that it's not easy to open and that the lil brush is not quite handy, still I'm blown by it's cute box. This color 34# ROSE D'OR looks better than 95#, which looks a lil dark on my Asian yellow skin :-p. This blush pigments easily and gives me this healthy look! Wish I can wear it 24/7!!! :) When I bought it at Boots, it's on sale and only costs around 5 pounds... what a deal!!! Will definitely repurchase, next time may try 33#LILAS D'OR.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2007 11:47:00 AM More reviews by Waiting_tx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I don't know about price of this brand in other countries, but in Singapore, it really isn't that cheap. This blush costs SG$20 something here, and a MAC blush is only a few dollars more than that~ which made me think twice between this and another MAC...in the end I caved in and wanted to finally try this brand out~ well I probably shouldn't have~
I'm NC25 with yellow undertone and have visible reddish acne scars all across the cheeks, so I usually stay away from blushes. ALthough some blushes do make me look better(eg MAC peachykeen, NARS Orgasm). Not this one. This bourjois rose d'or is such a cool pink in the pan, but turns out orangy on me. It turns cloudy and muddy, which makes me look sunburnt. The golden shimmer isn't obvious.
The smell is ok to me, very noticeable but acceptable. It's a bit hard to pick up the blush using a very soft brush, but I manage to swipe enough amount each time coz it is actually very pigmented.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/4/2007 12:24:00 AM More reviews by boogiedisease

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've found my HG blush! I had been lemming this one when I first saw it at Boots and kept eyeing it every time I would go in there. Finally, I decided I needed it!
I think it's one of the most beautiful, flattering blushes I own, and it goes perfectly with my medium-light olive toned skin.
It's a gorgeous, perky, cool pink, swirled with gold shimmer. Don't let the gold shimmer part put you off-- it really is gorgeous! It's the right amount for really perking up the complexion and giving a radiant glow. I think of it as a more concentrated/pigmented (as far as colour goes) and a cooler version of what Guerlain Meteorites in Pink Fresh looks like brushed on. All it takes is a few swirls on the skin to get the perfect colour.
First of all, pitch the silly little thin, angled brush it comes with because it's useless. Use your own larger brush :-)
Also, use a light hand, 'cos it's quite pigmented.
It blends like a dream, on top of it all. A little goes a long way! I know I won't have to rebuy for quite a while, but rebuying is something I'll definitely do.
Another note about it-- it's baked and is rounded, which is convenient as the compact is a bit small (smaller than my brush). Because of the domed/rounded shape, it makes it easy to gather on the brush.
I think this blush is what BeneFit Dandelion wishes it was. Rose D'Or is cooler, in many ways-- in both colour and performance.
Oh, and as another fellow MUA'er pointed out, the packaging is the exact colour as the product. Makes it easier to find in the bag!
As far as scent is concerned, yes there is a scent-- not sure what it is (doesn't smell like vanilla to me-- Besame takes care of that, I think). It's nice, but hardly noticeable. If you've used Guerlain products... now that's some scent. The scent from this product comes nowhere near matching that, so it shouldn't be bothersome for most people.
I think this shade will suit pale people, as well-- even those with pink tones in their skin.
Although I can get it cheaper (even with UK to US exchange) than what Sephora sells it for, the Sephora price is definitely worth it to me. As I said before, best blush I've ever used!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2007 4:00:00 PM More reviews by lou4k6

I love this blusher. It is very reasonably priced and i have this also in a brownish colour( not sure what its called) but i prefer this one. It perks you up and has shimmer in it, it makes your cheeks look very pretty. I found you dont need much for it to show up, and it comes off on a brush fairly easily, however the brush that comes with it is useless.