August 28, 2014 | 1740 users online

Mascara - Smashbox - Bionic Mascara

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2009 1:44:00 PM More reviews by sarahharb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this! I am surprised at how much as I have a tricky time with smashbox...a sorta love/hate thing. but this mascara really does a great job. my lashes look lush and natural and (so far) i haven't ended up with racoon eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/28/2009 9:14:00 PM More reviews by MACfairy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I really like this mascara (besides Prescriptions lash envy and MAC dazzlelash). I like thicker, longer lashes, and no clumping. Bam, bam, bam, this one does just as good as my other faves. Love it!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/19/2009 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Technique

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Ugh, one word. HATE.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2009 7:12:00 PM More reviews by vc1079

thank god i didn't pay full price for this mascara, since it did absolutely nothing! my lashes kept sticking to the bottom. the only thing good about it was it made my lashes a bit darker and thicker. but it felt like putting glue onto my lashes... disgusting

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2009 8:59:00 PM More reviews by jessimarie326

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

At first, I loved this mascara but after a few weeks, I was underwhelmed. The formula seems kinda 'waxy'- sorta...

Maybe the formula dries out a bit or it runs out more quickly than comparable mascaras.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2009 7:44:00 PM More reviews by laceylogan

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This product is OK...no real pros...no real cons...I think next time I'll save some $ and buy a DS mascara!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/8/2009 9:41:00 PM More reviews by mermaid28

This mascara does absolutely nothing. I have naturally thick, super long eyelashes and this still didn't do a thing. It doesn't even look like you have mascara on. I have no idea why it is called 'bionic' because it makes your lashes look thinner and dries them out. I returned it right away.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/4/2009 7:59:00 PM More reviews by Maderine

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Bionic? Did someone say this crap was Bionic? Yeah, well, I always thought Lindsay Wagner couldn't act for crap, either. (That's a 1970's joke for you oldsters out there!)

I was so unbelievably disappointed in this mascara. I read Paula Begoun religiously and always try her top picks, and not ONCE has anything she's loved ever worked for me. Same with this crap. I usually wear Clinique Naturally Glossy in brown, and I love it. I get length, mild thickening, and a nice deepening of my natural color. I can wear it on both top and bottom lashes, and it only runs if 1) I cry or 2) I'm out in the rain. Even then, I can gently wipe it off with a Q-tip. Perfect, right? I swore that my hunt for HG mascara was over when I found Naturally Glossy, but like many true beauty addicts, I'm always wondering about the next thing.

I bought this crap thinking that maybe I'd like a more dramatic look from time to time. Its reviews (away from Productville, that is!) were very good. So off I went to Sephora to slay a lemming. I put this crap on my lashes this morning and I was surprised at how not-special it was. Lengthening and thickening were EXACTLY the same as I get with Clinique's mascara, and the deep black color didn't make quite the statement I'd hoped for either. My lashes felt nice and soft, but by noon I had mondo raccoon eyes. Water and a paper towel did a great job removing all the makeup under my eyes, but it left the raccoon marks right where they were.

Crap. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 5/1/2009 5:56:00 PM More reviews by merberry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am a mascara lover, and extremely lucky because I never need mascara for volume or length. However, my lashes are blonde, so I need something that goes on naturally that blackens my lashes. This product is great because its not goopy or too slimy. My lashes look more natural, and the consistency works really well for my type of lash. However, I could see how if one is looking for length, this might not be the best mascara. My lashes look utterly thick and delicious (as delicious as lashes can be) after applying this.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2009 1:02:00 PM More reviews by NicoleCL

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a fine mascara for general use - it's a little lengthening, and medium as far as thickening. The brush is nice and dense, and this gives me a pretty, sooty fringe of lashes. It doesn't make my lashes sticky, clumpy or spiky. However, I find that it will faintly smudge under my eyes, so I won't re-purchase. I have a hard time finding a mascara that won't smudge under my eyes (probably due to the fact that I have long lashes and always wear under eye concealer), so YMMV. If you aren't prone to this problem, you may find that you really like this mascara. If you have oily lids or are prone to smearing, stay away.