Maybelline Define-A-Brow

4.2

Ethylhexyl Stearate, Carnauba (Copernicia Cerifera) Wax, Hydrogenated Palm Kernel Glycerides, Silica, Hydrogenated Palm Glycerides, Aloe Vera (Aloe Barbadensis) Extract, Methylparaben, Tocopherol, Tin Oxide, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Retinyl Palmitate, Propylparaben, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Ethylparaben, May Contain (+/-):, CI 77492, CI 77499, CI 77491 (Iron Oxides), Mica, CI 77007 (Ultramarines), CI 75470 (Carmine) (Carmine), CI 77000 (Aluminum Powder), CI 77163 (Bismuth Oxychloride) (Bismuth Oxychloride), CI 77288 (Chromium Oxide Greens) (Chromium Oxide Greens), CI 77289 (Chromium Hydroxide Green) (Chromium Hydroxide Green), CI 77400 (Copper Powder) (Bronze Powder), CI 77400 (Copper Powder), CI 77510 (Ferric Ammonium Ferrocyanide), CI 77742 (Manganese Violet) (Manganese Violet), CI 77891 (Titanium Dioxide) (Titanium Dioxide), FD&C Blue 1 (Blue 1 Lake), FD&C Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake (Yellow 5 Lake)

Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

I got this after reading several reviews on YT,blogs about how this this pencil was a dupe for the Mac one. Being as the small area I live in I only have the option to order or drive to a Mac counter. So when I was out of my Strut pencil I happen to grab this one day. I was a little bummer they didn't have a color close to strut but,but I grabbed the dark brown & it works for when my hair isn't done. Overall this is a nice brow pencil & the comb on the end is a plus. I'll def keep it for a back up.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I used to use this all of the time, and it's been awhile but I do remember that I loved it. It stays on, I love the little brush that comes with it, and it looks natural but also is dark enough for really sparse brows. Love.

on 2/27/2013 11:19:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

When I first started using this product, much like other people's thoughts, I believed I had found a dup for MAC's brow pencil. After switching back and fourth between the two products, I have to say, not quite. I am someone with VERY FEW eyebrow hairs. I have to draw on my entire eyebrow, which means I need to be very careful of accidentally rubbing it off, or if someone accidentally hits my brows, I need something that is going to stay.

While this brow pencil would be good for someone who simply needs to fill in a bit, I'd say steer away if you are like me and need to literally draw on your eyebrows. It does not stay put as well as the MAC brow pencils by any means. I give the product a 4 as most people do have more eyebrow hairs than I do, and it would work perfectly fine for them.

on 2/27/2013 9:41:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I was previously using the Anastasia Brow Wiz pencil in the color Brunette when I unfortunately ran out. I was going crazy looking for a quick substitute that was similar to my beloved brow pencil and I must say, Maybelline Define a Brow is nearly identical. I LOVE the thin pencil because of allows you to make thin strokes for a more natural hair-like look. It's not too creamy to wear it looks fake and the Medium Brown color was a perfect match for me. AMAZING PRODUCT!

on 2/19/2013 11:32:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I tried this in medium and dark brown, medium is way to reddish but dark brown is a good ash brown and since it's not incredibly creamy it doesn't seem to go on to dark. Comb on the end is useless-every brow brush should come with a spoolie! Not sure how long it will last so we'll see if it's worth it but for someone that is never satisfied with the ashyness in brown brow pencils I think I would keep purchasing it. Some are saying dark brown has been discontinued-I live in Canada and there are still a lot here but maybe they will get rid of it. My other fav brow pencil is universal dark brown by annabelle, it is pretty much the exact same as this one.

on 2/16/2013 9:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

I love this pencil! I used to splurge and get the Anastasia brow pencil for $20 and this is for the fraction of the cost! For 6 bucks who can beat that!

I do love how it's thin and waxed based and glides smoothly making it more natural looking.

One of the cons is the comb on the end of the pencil. I wish there was a mascara tip brush at the end but hey I can use another brush.

on 2/16/2013 6:45:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Let me start by saying that I LOVE this brow liner. I don't think I could go back to any other after using this one. I've never tried MAC's, though I have heard that it's very good and comparable. It's a very thin pencil, which I love because it allows for exact precision. It can be hard to find sometimes, I hope it isn't discontinued.

The one CON is that the shades err on the warm side, meaning that they aren't perfect for people with cool undertones, like me. It doesn't look bad, and I still use it, but the dark brown is more red than ashy brown. It may not be suitable for ladies with very cool skin tones.

on 2/13/2013 11:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I'm quite surprised by the wonderful reviews. The color is way off. I believe I got the darkest brown available (forgot the name) and there is this reddish tint to it that makes my eyebrows look horrible. Perhaps the color is just not right for me?

on 2/10/2013 1:56:00 AM

I have this in Dark Blond. It works fine, I'm happy with the color and the texture, but the fact that it is so incredibly thin - it's about 1/3 the diameter of most automatic eye pencils - means that there is very little actual product inside the pencil tube. I end up using a couple millimeters every time I do my brows, which means this will only last me about a couple weeks or so. I find myself having to twist up more product constantly because each swipe across the brow uses up so much. At $7-8 per pencil, this can get really expensive. A fine pencil, but way overpriced for how little product you're actually getting here. They should have given you a couple more replacement sticks and made it so you can load them in yourself, like an automatic lead pencil that you use in school!

on 2/3/2013 4:31:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool

In my opinion, this is one of the best easy-to-apply eyebrow products out there! The only downfall I have with it is that if you use it constantly, you tend to run out pretty fast.

Popular Brows Products