August 31, 2014 | 1019 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skin Finish Natural - Medium Plus

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2011 12:25:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

I like this powder a lot, but at the same time I wouldn't use it on its own as my setting powder. Only because I need something that's more oil absorbing (more so after using a liquid foundations). This powder makes you semi-matte so if you like that look, go for it, but I need something more heavy-duty. I like using it to blend my makeup and as a finishing touch. I probably would get this again but I don't think I need it in my collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Jlhiga83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow...I don't know why I waited so long. What is wrong with me? For some reason, I wasn't really interested in trying any Mac products. But I was out on a mission to find the perfect setting powder. I own and use all different types of foundations and wasn't gettin the finish I wanted. My current faves are mufe hd, mufe mat velvet, cover fx cream foundation and smash box studio skin. I always use my elf powder brush to apply and always get flawless results. At least that's what I thought. I have set each foundation with my newly purchased MSFN, and I am amazed. It looks a litlle powdery for the first couple minutes, but by the time I am done applying my blush, my skin looks so soft, with a healthy glow. I do get a little oily throughout the day, but with this powder, it's more of a dewy look than greasy. I do no touch ups except lips during my 10 hour days. I have been getting a lot of compliments and it's definitely my new powder!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2011 2:18:00 AM More reviews by leeyao

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm NC40 & wear MSFN in Medium Plus almost daily as my foundation. Upon first application, Medium Plus looks a tiny bit too pink, but after it settles into my face after a few minutes, it looks perfect. I absolutely love how quick & easy it is to get medium to full coverage with it. I buff it in with a kabuki, spritz my face with Fix+, then buff some more in if I deem it necessary. That's it! The process takes about 30 seconds, and the result is a satin finish that looks completely natural, not cakey or fake, on my normal-to-dry skin. My skin is already pretty clear to begin with, but I can't believe how much better it looks with just MSFN on. I have repurchased MSFN several times - it is one of my must-have products!

In comparison to Careblend, I find that MSFN offers a more natural finish on my skin. Careblend looked heavy & cakey no matter how well I tried to blend it, and it didn't offer nearly as much coverage as MSFN. I've heard the opposite from MUAers though, so like most products, YMMV.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2011 6:20:00 PM More reviews by prettyvalerina

I am on the early testing stages of this product. I always read nothing but good reviews for the most part on this so I figured I'd shell out the $27 for this. It sets my foundation pretty well doesn't leave my face completely flat and matte looking which I like. It does last a few hours and this speaks volumes for myself as I have oily skin. And upon reapplication for any touch ups I'm finding this doesn't cake! So thats another good thing! The color in my opinion is still a tad on the pinky side to my liking but nothing overly bothersome or noticeable. I also have this in the medium deep that I accidentally chose but was too dark for my winter skin tone, I'll keep that for summer time. All in all as of now I am satisfied with this. The only cons are the price 27$ (the most expensive pressed powder I've ever purchased). And the smell, I am a bit worrisome on that as I am a little on the breakout prone side because of fragrance in face products, but we will see.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2011 1:57:00 AM More reviews by CurlySophie

I do really love this! If you're oily and not looking for something too cakey this is definetly a good product for you. it is quite sheer though

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 9:41:00 AM More reviews by paradoxical76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have no idea how I ever went without this product. I can wear it alone on good skin days, and I use it religiously to set any foundation I wear. My skin never looks too matte, too oily, it just looks perfect. The name truly is right, Skin Finish Natural, because your skin is finished and natural looking. I keep it in my purse just in case I feel the need to touch up, however, my only complaint is that even though I keep it in my makeup bag, not floating around with all my junk, sometimes the clear plastic of the compact lid will pop out. Now, it only goes down onto the top of the product, and is easy to pop back in, it does bug me. Other than that, this is definitely an HG powder for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2011 6:03:00 AM More reviews by manishap

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product now for a year and i love it. It gives a natural glow and non messy. I apply my liquid foundation and then Skinfinish with a MAC 170 brush. It gives an amazing air brushed look and a little goes a long way. I have read the reviews below and people are talking about a puff. I have not seen one or had one with my purchases but i think the brush is always the best way to go with minerlize products.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2011 4:56:00 PM More reviews by BellaBoo86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Just wanted to add another glowing review for a great product! My skin tone is anywhere from NC25 to NC35 (depending on how well I'm keeping up with my sunless tanning) and I've got fairly strong yellow undertones. I was matched to Medium Plus as the regular Medium was way way too pink. I ADORE the finish of this product, luminous is truly the right word for it. It's been said before, on it's own this product's coverage is on the sheer side. It's not going to do you any favors if you're trying to cover blemishes or significant color unevenness. On days that my skin just sucks, I bust out my DS liquid foundation and do a layer of that followed by MSFN. It's like a whole new face! On "good skin" days, or even just lazy days, this stuff is great on it's own. With or without the liquid foundation, I just buff it on with a kabuki brush or a fluffy powder brush. I LOVE the pressed minerals as they're not nearly messy as the loose. It's much more convenient for traveling too (if any one has tried to bring BM on a plane or car trip, you know what I'm talking about). I didn't have any breaking out problems with this product. The packing is sleek and simple, I like it, but agree a mirror would have been nice for touch ups on the go. Pricey product, but very well worth it in my mind. I'd recommend this to anyone and everyone. I'll be buying a second one when I don't stay on top of the upkeep of my fake tan. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2011 3:30:00 PM More reviews by Tifmcd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Love it! I'm an oily girl and up until now I had realized that I should probably chuck liquid foundations. This product has given me the coverage I need without overly oilying my face.

Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/10/2011 7:38:00 AM More reviews by xxhna

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've always been quite picky with powders because my skin has the tendency to break out easily. Most powders I had tried in the past always left my skin feeling tight and/or dry even when I had moisturized, or didn't give me enough coverage. But this powder was different. I had gone to MAC and told the SA my problems and she recommended this. I love this powder! I feel it has light-medium coverage. What I love about it is how it sits on my face. It's almost like a moist powder? As I get oily during the day, the powder doesn't separate or fade away, it just looks more natural. It's not entirely matte. I used to use Select Sheer but it left my skin dry and flat. I'm very glad this isn't LE or anything like that because I've actually found a powder that agrees with my skin and doesn't make me look made up! My only problem with this product is the puff it comes with. I rather prefer applying it with a brush.

For reference I'm an NW25.