October 31, 2014 | 1561 users online

Pressed Powders - MAC - Mineralize Skin Finish Natural - Medium Plus

rated 5 of 5 on 2/5/2012 12:12:00 AM More reviews by Kc3558

I have the "shimpagne" color & my only complaint is that if i use a heavy hand it has too much shimmer, i use this to highlight lightly with my fan brush, its beautiful. Just dont put too much or you'll look like a fairy. Its expensive but i've had mine for 5 yrs. I know a bit embarrassing but you just need a little bit. Its still in tact and in toss my bag everyday, no shatter.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2012 1:01:00 PM More reviews by blacklikemyheart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased this on the advice of Lisa Eldridge as a contouring powder. The BA tried to sell me a dark bronzer "we use this to contour all skin colors" (REALLY?) but I stuck to me guns and glad I did so. Medium plus is about 2 shades darker than my regular powder and it is perfect for contouring subtly. Under my cheek bones & along the sides of my nose, it's long lasting and easy to blend.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2012 12:07:00 PM More reviews by Kitty010

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was the first product I ever got from MAC, and I must say, I love it so much. It had a light-medium coverage, and I'm not a huge fan of foundation so I just use this on lazy days. It doesn't look cakey at all, and I got a pretty dry and sensitive skin. I think this is a good product for beginners and younger girls who just start use makeup.

Btw, I use a kabuki brush to apply this.

So, yeah, this was my first review.
I'm under 18 years, and I'm Swedish, so don't blame me for my bad english. :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2011 12:25:00 PM More reviews by LuvsMakeup82

I like this powder a lot, but at the same time I wouldn't use it on its own as my setting powder. Only because I need something that's more oil absorbing (more so after using a liquid foundations). This powder makes you semi-matte so if you like that look, go for it, but I need something more heavy-duty. I like using it to blend my makeup and as a finishing touch. I probably would get this again but I don't think I need it in my collection.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2011 12:06:00 AM More reviews by Jlhiga83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Wow...I don't know why I waited so long. What is wrong with me? For some reason, I wasn't really interested in trying any Mac products. But I was out on a mission to find the perfect setting powder. I own and use all different types of foundations and wasn't gettin the finish I wanted. My current faves are mufe hd, mufe mat velvet, cover fx cream foundation and smash box studio skin. I always use my elf powder brush to apply and always get flawless results. At least that's what I thought. I have set each foundation with my newly purchased MSFN, and I am amazed. It looks a litlle powdery for the first couple minutes, but by the time I am done applying my blush, my skin looks so soft, with a healthy glow. I do get a little oily throughout the day, but with this powder, it's more of a dewy look than greasy. I do no touch ups except lips during my 10 hour days. I have been getting a lot of compliments and it's definitely my new powder!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/23/2011 2:18:00 AM More reviews by leeyao

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I'm NC40 & wear MSFN in Medium Plus almost daily as my foundation. Upon first application, Medium Plus looks a tiny bit too pink, but after it settles into my face after a few minutes, it looks perfect. I absolutely love how quick & easy it is to get medium to full coverage with it. I buff it in with a kabuki, spritz my face with Fix+, then buff some more in if I deem it necessary. That's it! The process takes about 30 seconds, and the result is a satin finish that looks completely natural, not cakey or fake, on my normal-to-dry skin. My skin is already pretty clear to begin with, but I can't believe how much better it looks with just MSFN on. I have repurchased MSFN several times - it is one of my must-have products!

In comparison to Careblend, I find that MSFN offers a more natural finish on my skin. Careblend looked heavy & cakey no matter how well I tried to blend it, and it didn't offer nearly as much coverage as MSFN. I've heard the opposite from MUAers though, so like most products, YMMV.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/21/2011 6:20:00 PM More reviews by prettyvalerina

I am on the early testing stages of this product. I always read nothing but good reviews for the most part on this so I figured I'd shell out the $27 for this. It sets my foundation pretty well doesn't leave my face completely flat and matte looking which I like. It does last a few hours and this speaks volumes for myself as I have oily skin. And upon reapplication for any touch ups I'm finding this doesn't cake! So thats another good thing! The color in my opinion is still a tad on the pinky side to my liking but nothing overly bothersome or noticeable. I also have this in the medium deep that I accidentally chose but was too dark for my winter skin tone, I'll keep that for summer time. All in all as of now I am satisfied with this. The only cons are the price 27$ (the most expensive pressed powder I've ever purchased). And the smell, I am a bit worrisome on that as I am a little on the breakout prone side because of fragrance in face products, but we will see.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/9/2011 1:57:00 AM More reviews by CurlySophie

I do really love this! If you're oily and not looking for something too cakey this is definetly a good product for you. it is quite sheer though

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2011 9:41:00 AM More reviews by paradoxical76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have no idea how I ever went without this product. I can wear it alone on good skin days, and I use it religiously to set any foundation I wear. My skin never looks too matte, too oily, it just looks perfect. The name truly is right, Skin Finish Natural, because your skin is finished and natural looking. I keep it in my purse just in case I feel the need to touch up, however, my only complaint is that even though I keep it in my makeup bag, not floating around with all my junk, sometimes the clear plastic of the compact lid will pop out. Now, it only goes down onto the top of the product, and is easy to pop back in, it does bug me. Other than that, this is definitely an HG powder for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2011 6:03:00 AM More reviews by manishap

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product now for a year and i love it. It gives a natural glow and non messy. I apply my liquid foundation and then Skinfinish with a MAC 170 brush. It gives an amazing air brushed look and a little goes a long way. I have read the reviews below and people are talking about a puff. I have not seen one or had one with my purchases but i think the brush is always the best way to go with minerlize products.