Castor Oil

4.4

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil.

on 2/11/2014 5:48:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

My high school friend's Italian grandmother told me about castor oil when I complimented her on her lashes. She is in her 70s but has the most beautiful eyelashes I have seen on a human being regardless of age. She told me to apply castor oil every night before bed. After 3 months of use I notice my lashes are indeed longer and denser. She also taught me how to make cannolis from scratch. I love that woman.

on 2/11/2014 4:15:00 PM

This is my eyelash story: I always had long lashes until about a year ago my eyelashes suddenly began to fall out. I would have NONE or very few on each eye. I went to the eye doctor who recommended I see a dermatologist which my insurance did not cover. Frustrated, I turned to eye lash serum. I used L'Oreal, but after one month I saw NO results. Not wanting to spend big bucks for expensive serums that may or may not work, I searched the internet for alternatives. I stumbled on reviews from other viewers via YOUTUBE who had used Castor Oil for making their lashes/brows grow and I decided to try it. I purchased an 8 oz bottle for 4.99 at my local vitamin store, and have been using it faithfully every night no for 10 days applying like liner and mascara with a qtip. I began with very little to no lashes and now have lashes after just ten days that are noticeable and curving!

on 2/10/2014 12:47:00 PM

I originally bought this for the oil cleansing method (never never again, gave me such bad cystic acne) and I stopped after I had used only half the bottle. I bought a more expensive castor oil as I was using it for my face. I think mine is Pukka herbs. So anyways, I was trying to find a use for my oil and it came up as being good for hair growth. I ,mixed some with my shampoo and the next day my hair was over soft, managable and even my split ends had disappeared! Amazing. However my hair was slightly greasier than normal but it was worth it. Also when I was 13 I seriously over plucked my brows so I've been applying castor oil to them and they seem thicker after only two weeks! Finally my eyelashes are very thick and luscious, I almost don't need mascara any more.

on 2/7/2014 11:49:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This works.

I'm a guy, about 30, and I just bought the cheapest, generic castor oil at Walmart.
After 2 weeks, and definitely after 3 weeks, I looked like Snuffaluffagus.

Now it's few months later, and they kind of look like Steve McQueen's in The Thomas Crown Affair, when he's playing chess with Faye Dunaway.

on 1/31/2014 6:24:00 PM

I don't have thinning eye lashes, but after reading the reviews I decided to give it a shot because who DOESN'T want longer eyelashes? umm no one.

All I can say is WOOOWWW in two weeks my eyes lashes were noticeably longer both on the top and the bottom. THey look long and full without mascara and absolutely unbelievable when I apply mascara; but this is not the only benefit I've seen from using castor oil.

I put a dime size amount in my shampoo about twice a week, and in three weeks my hair is shinier and growing much faster. My hair does get greasier quicker, but the beautiful shine and soft texture is 100% worth it.

To apply to the eyelashes, I keep a bottle near bed and simply rub along the lash line with my finger. I have not broken out, and I have sensitive skin.

A small bottle is only like $5, BUY IT and TRY IT truuusssttt me. You gotta be persistent with it at first, like every night apply it to the lashes. For $5 you can't go wrong, you'd spend 6X more on a new mascara!

i've been using this regularly for 2-3 weeks now and have not seen any improvements. in fact, I've been losing more lashes than normal every time i take off my eye-makeup. I apply it nightly using a qtip along the base of my lashes and will put extra on the lashes themselves. i will give it one more week and then if it still doesn't get better, will toss.

on 1/16/2014 10:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

OK, so. I'm a sort of "LOVE/HATE" relationship with this oil.

For about a month I applied it to my eyelashes with an old mascara wand.
After only a week I noticed new babylashes coming through. I also felt like my lashes felt stronger. I got so excited, but I noticed that the new lashes that were growing out, was sticking down vertical!

It began to annoy me a lot. First of all, it messed up my mascara routine, and second it annoyed my eyes a lot. I had to stop using the castor oil.

- I might work different on your lashes, than it did on mine, but it's for sure making your lashes GROW!

on 1/16/2014 6:45:00 AM

i am an asian with very thin and light eyebrows and lashes..so you can imagine how depress i feel when i see those models with amazing eyebrows...well shaped eyebrows are very much essential in defining your face..so after hearing so much about castor oil i decided to give it a shot..and boy i have to say m amazed..i have been using it religiously every night since one month and i can see that my eyebrows have grown thicker...will definitely keep using it till i get my desired shape....

on 1/6/2014 8:31:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have been using castor oil for about a year. It has made an incredible difference in my skin. I use it on my face, throat, and chest every time I wash my face. I've done a lot of research on castor oil and wrote an article about how to use it effectively. You can read my article on castor oil at http://www.anniesnuggets.com/search/label/Castor%20Oil

on 12/16/2013 12:36:00 PM

*Edit*
4/19/2015
I bought a hexane free brand from local health food store and it works so much better than the cheap drugstore stuff. I cleaned out an old mascara tube filled it with castor oil and it has made my nightly routine easier. I wash face, brush teeth and swipe this on my lashes and eyebrows at night. It takes a few weeks but if you use it every night you will see results. I also use this as a compress when I have a bruise. Just put some on a cloth lay it on the area and cover with saran wrap it will help swelling and the bruise won't be as bad. Also, use in hair to help with growth but I recommend adding another oil because its sticky and hard to manipulate and only have it on a couple hours I had it on overnight and it dried my scalp a little.

It does work to grow in eyelashes and eyebrows. I saw a difference after about 2 weeks of using it nightly. I saw a huge difference after 6 weeks or so. However when I dropped off the wagon and stopped using it my eyelashes did not maintain their bounty. So I gotta get back on it. I don't use on lower lashes as I have bumps there. I dip a clean cotton swab in the bottle wipe off excess then slowly swipe it across the base of my upper lashes then gently dabbed my lashes with it. It's important to be precise where you put this. I wasn't careful before and ended up with tiny lashes above my regular lashes which freaked me out as in a second row of lashes on my eyelid Yikes! It works well for filling out my brows but again be careful where you put it. I do this at night right before I lay down b/c its a pain to walk around with it on. Don't get into eyes and make sure to scape off extra before applying but other wise it really works. Haven't used it enough in my hair to notice any difference.

Popular Brows Products