Castor Oil

4.3

Ricinus Communis (Castor) Seed Oil.

on 3/10/2014 8:38:00 PM

Oh my!!! I have noticed as I am getting older that my eyebrows are not growing in so much. My eyebrows were never thin but just some area's have stopped growing in. My eyelashes are much sadder, so straight and not full at all.

I bought the natural one at Whole Foods and applied it twice a day and it's only been 2 weeks and the results have been amazing.

My eyelashes are much longer and fuller, my eyebrows have no bald patches. The hairs on my hairline are growing in much thicker. I am so happy about this and for the price it's unbelievable. I will continue to use this always!!

on 2/28/2014 6:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This didn't do much for my eyebrows, I must admit. Then again, I had so little to work with from the start. HOWEVER...my eyelashes have never been so long! Ever! With just a couple of light coats of mascara they look like false lashes. And I've been applying this to my face, throat and hands at night and after my morning shower for 2 months, sometimes straight or mixed with moisturizers. My skin has never felt this clean and soft! It also got rid of a dry patch of skin on the bridge of my nose that I've had forever -- all flakiness on my nose is gone! Castor oil will live forever in my memory as the product that got my skin through the (Michigan) winter of 2014. Thanks to MUA readers for all the great reviews that led me to try it!

on 2/26/2014 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral

I think that castor oil is overrated and extremely expensive for what it is. I don't like this particular one because of its smell but I have purchased a new by a different brand which is cheaper and could tell the difference on my brows within 4 weeks of having it. This one is not worth the money but if you are just trying it for the first time give it a chance and don't be influenced by my review because it works differently for different people. But if you are not sure about buying it, listen to me and don't waste your money on it.

on 2/23/2014 11:02:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Castor oil is such a brow saver! I've been using it for quite some time now and my brows have never looked better. After a bad tint my hairs started to fall out and I wasn't left with much. After a few months use (not consistently just when I remember) I have full thick brows with hairs growing in spots I thought I would never have hair again. Definitely recommend castor oil to anyone!

on 2/20/2014 11:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure

I want to share my experience to you guys. Im an asian with very short lashes, i cant even curl it! So im really searching for creams/oils or whatever-you-call-it thing that will help me grow my lashes longer and thicker. So then one time I saw on facebook this "natural beauty and health remedies" group(you should join this gals too) i saw that a lot of members are using 'castor oil + vit e mixture' to have a longer lashes and they have a good feedback in it.

So after reading a lot of reviews i give it a try. I bought 60ml castor oil and 2 vit e capgel(myra-e) . What i did is i cut the vit e and mix it with the oil. I use vit e because it will boost the effectiveness of the oil. I applied it to my lashes every night before bedtime using my finger. After 6 times of using it, i see the results already! Awesome right? And now i keep on applying it for more healthy and longer lashes!

Don't hesitate to try this! Make sure you'll apply it gently to avoid Eye contact.

on 2/19/2014 8:31:00 AM

Definitely the best product for your eyes and body. Multipurpose thing - every girl/boy shoud have it!

on 2/18/2014 2:00:00 AM

Best beauty product ever - and for so cheap. I use it as the "muscle" in my oil mixture for the Oil Cleansing Method. I use it to help fill in bald spots on my eyebrows, to make my lashes grow longer, to get rid of age spots in two weeks or less, to fade scars, as an anti-frizz leave-in conditioner, to soften my feet, as well as to plump up wrinles. The stuff is very viscous but is easily absorbed by the skin. Castor Oil Packs became widely known during Edgar Cayce's readings, and there are thousands of cases of its healing power. I have seen it myself. I tell ya, the 'Palm of Christ' oil is nothing short of miraculous. I will never be without it again.

on 2/17/2014 11:29:00 PM

I began using castor oil a few years ago after reading about it's healing properties and ability to aid in hair growth. From what I have read, it helps eyelashes/eyebrows in the following way: the antimicrobial effect of the oil on a hair follicle kills bacteria present that causes hair to prematurely fall out. Therefore, the follicle itself becomes much healthier and hair will remain in it for a longer time - this is why lashes end up looking longer - they are allowed to grow for a longer period of time. The bonus here is that you are not using any drug that will have negative side effects. IMO, always go for an oil remedy over a drug remedy. Castor oil can actually be used in the eye for infections and styes. It can be taken internally, although the results are dramatic, so don't - unless you really know what you are doing. I say this to point out that it is definitely safe and has many uses. The castor BEAN is poisonous - but not the oil. The oil is tremendously beneficial.

What I do: I wash my makeup off with a bit of castor oil mixed with Dermalogica Precleanse. I follow this with a regular face wash on all but my eye area. The oil takes any makeup off very gently, and then is washed away on my skin by the face wash. But some of the oil remains on my eye area, thus helping my eyelashes. My lashes are definitely better these last couple years than they were even in my teens. It's not a dramatic fake eyelash look, but it's visible and they look great - thicker and longer. I plan to use it for the rest of my life!

BTW some of our other uses in our family have been: applying to remove warts and plantar warts, thickening eyebrows, putting on wounds to keep them moist and sterile, healing chapped hands, softening calluses, etc. We slap this on a lot of stuff!

on 2/11/2014 5:48:00 PM

Eyes: Violet

My high school friend's Italian grandmother told me about castor oil when I complimented her on her lashes. She is in her 70s but has the most beautiful eyelashes I have seen on a human being regardless of age. She told me to apply castor oil every night before bed. After 3 months of use I notice my lashes are indeed longer and denser. She also taught me how to make cannolis from scratch. I love that woman.

on 2/11/2014 4:15:00 PM

This is my eyelash story: I always had long lashes until about a year ago my eyelashes suddenly began to fall out. I would have NONE or very few on each eye. I went to the eye doctor who recommended I see a dermatologist which my insurance did not cover. Frustrated, I turned to eye lash serum. I used L'Oreal, but after one month I saw NO results. Not wanting to spend big bucks for expensive serums that may or may not work, I searched the internet for alternatives. I stumbled on reviews from other viewers via YOUTUBE who had used Castor Oil for making their lashes/brows grow and I decided to try it. I purchased an 8 oz bottle for 4.99 at my local vitamin store, and have been using it faithfully every night no for 10 days applying like liner and mascara with a qtip. I began with very little to no lashes and now have lashes after just ten days that are noticeable and curving!

Popular Brows Products