August 1, 2014 | 1013 users online

Brows - Castor Oil

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 6/2/2013 8:36:00 PM More reviews by Problemchild

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The search for longer, fuller and healthier brows and lashes stops here.
I have had health issues that made my brows and lashes fall off- slow but sure march to trying anything and everything to keep them from going the way of the dinosaurs.

I decanted some of this oil into an empty and very clean mascara tube. Brushed it on at night and saw improvement in 3 weeks. It has gotten to the point where I can see a weird second line of new lashes and it is crazy long.

I doubt that this product needs any more positive things said about it, as it has marched on for centuries curing all sorts of ailments. I just wanted to add my two cents so that anybody suffering from the same problem may think of trying this oil out and spare themselves the rigmarole of jumping from one product to the next without finding an answer.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2013 3:55:00 AM More reviews by 14357

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

my eyelashes did grow legnth wise! been using it for almostt a month,

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2013 5:48:00 AM More reviews by seramadis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I lost a lot of hair after having a baby. I couldn't use this for my brows or lashes because it really STINGS and BURNS if it gets into my eyes, like getting soap into your eyes! Didn't anyone else have this reaction? I can't use it on the brows because I tend to always overdo things and put on too much and it runs into my eyes and burns. But on my head, trying to get back the hair I lost? I'd been using rosemary oil for a long time to try and get the hair back but to no avail. So I thought I would have to get resigned to the idea of having thinning hair forever, like some elderly ladies I see. Then I read about castor oil on here and I started applying it to my roots (mixed with olive oil) twice a week a couple of months ago. And OH BOY AM I SOOO HAPPY NOW!!! I've got lots and lots and lots of little baby hairs sprouting out all over now, a whole halo of baby hairs everywhere. I just apply it, leave it on for at least 2 hours and then shampoo it out, it takes 2 shampoos and I use sulfate-free shampoo bars. I don't know if I will ever go back to pre-baby thickness, but for the moment I am absolutely THRILLED, like you can't imagine!

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2013 11:40:00 PM More reviews by curlycuesue

This stuff works, slowly but surely. I've applied it to my brows and lashes for the past month or so, few times a week, and I notice a difference. I'm trying to thicken my brows, and correct the uneven, sparse areas. Some areas have new growth (albeit fine and light), and others are still empty, but I'm not giving up hope. For my lashes, I don't notice any new growth or thickness/lusciousness, but they're definitely longer (both top and bottom). I can't wear castor oil on my lashes when I go to sleep b/c it irritates my eyes causing puffiness in the morning. However, when I'm home and have nowhere to go, I dip a q-tip in the oil, and generously spread it on my brows and lashes. Will definitely keep using!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/25/2013 3:53:00 AM More reviews by noelineX

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Castor oil is great for dry sensitive skin and all skin types. My adult acne cleared up completely since I ditched all chemical cleansers, toners and creams. I have no more scarring thanks to a combination of essential oils, nourishing oils, and base oils of avocado oil and castor oil. I wash with a glyserine soap, use pure honey for a facial massage, tone with aloe vera juice and moisturise with above combination of oils. Cosmetic companies use chemicals to 'puff up' their ingredients to make them look more, they add chemicals to actually seal your skin and it feels soft and smooth but it has a drying effect, so you use more of their creams this = more sales. acne is caused by dead skin that we shed daily that's not removed properly which then clogs the pores, by washing your face lightly with a spunge daily with light cleanser like glyserine removes these flakes. I used to work for a big cosmetic company and will never use the chemical ridden products again. Remember, what you put onto your skin gets absorbed into your body, which causes illnesses later in life. Go natural and keep your skin and body healthy. a Happy skin is a glowing skin.

14 out of 21 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2013 6:54:00 PM More reviews by Catloveschanel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have used Castor Oil for 2 weeks on my eyelashes and eyebrows and it is working. My eyelashes have gotten longer and thicker in one week. My eyebrows are not unruly anymore (they are very sparse) and I can see new growth. I put this on at night with a q-tip after I have gotten everything else done. The second night I put it on, I got too much on and in the morning, my eyelashes were kind of sticking and I had not gotten all the mascara off, so it came off everytime I blinked. It was sort of hilarious, well it would have been if I had not been trying to get out the door. Now I wipe the excess off on a spot on the back of my hand and I don't see that it is lightening, or going away, but I doubt that this is the intent, I was just trying it.

My husband asked if it was poisonous, and I googled that and people use it internally for a laxative - but I am not recommending internal use. The waste product contains a toxin, which you can read about on wickipedia in light of events in Boston ...

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2013 1:05:00 PM More reviews by trillium13

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I really wanted this to work for me to thicken up my super sparse brows. Alas, it did nothing. I also find the scent really awful.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/8/2013 3:48:00 PM More reviews by madhat

Drop the expensive mascaras,fake lashes and other products promising to grow your lashes to the garbage bin!I swear to God,if you apply castor oil every night on your lashes(I do so on upper and low lid) after one month,in combination to your mascara,your lashes will be absolutely perfect!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2013 10:36:00 AM More reviews by dddoxie

I use castor oil in my homemade oil cleanser. 3 parts castor to 1 part EVOO with a splash of jojoba and almond. wonderful for gently removing makeup and conditioning eyelashes.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/8/2013 6:38:00 AM More reviews by SpectrumHeart

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use this as an oil treatment in my hair and its growing so fast! I've had to get two hair cats in the last month to keep up with it! My only complaint is that I have to wash twice but it's worth it!