Neutrogena Healthy Volume

3.7

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I got this mascara as a free gift with purchase of eye makeup remover. I decided to try it and was fairly impressed with the results. It went on smooth and made my eye lashes look a bit fuller. Does not give a crazy amount of volume but still looks nice for a more down played look. It does flake a bit, but nothing too severe. It actually makes a nice primer under my other mascaras and I will probably purchase this item again mainly for that reason. Overall not a bad product, but there are plenty others I would recommend first.

on 9/12/2010 10:32:00 PM

I love how this mascara looks when I just put it on, but later in just a few hours, I notice that I have the early signs of raccoon eyes ... small little specs of mascara right under my eye. Not a fan!

on 8/11/2010 12:54:00 AM

This mascara is almost a duplicate to Benefit's Bad Gal Lash. The brushes look exactly the same and I LOVE this mascara...more than Bad Gal. I would buy this again and again...I hope it's never discontinued.

wow, this doesn't hold a curl at all. it doesn't really give me a lot of length and volume-wise, at least it doesn't clump. this really just looks awful on me and smudges like crazy. ><

on 8/3/2010 10:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

I liked this product, although today was the first day I tried it. The brush reminds me of the brush from DiorShow, but the formula wan't thick and smudgy. It did not clump on my eyes when I applied it, and it gave me subtle volume. I believe if I continued to apply it, it would have given me the volume I was looking for, but its okay to wear everyday, which is what I'm looking for. I like the fact that it conditions my eyelashes which is another plus I'm looking for. My lashes are long and fine, so I definetly need a volumizing mascara. I will continue to use it, because I wear mascara everyday. When I need dramatic lashes I will use this as a primer and use my HG mascara Voluminous.

Wy

on 8/2/2010 4:33:00 PM

I am really liking this product! For years, I'd been buying Almay and then decided to switch a while back for various reasons. I tried Lancome on a recommendation and hated it! This Neutrogena is really VERY nice. No chemical smells, goes on smooth and easily, and really does a nice job of adding SOME (not a lot) of volume! I've tried SO many volumizing brands that have kind of added fiber thingies in them which I hate! They flake and get in your eyes, and make my lashes look like I'm in a horror movie! This Neutrogena mascara is really very nice and I will definitely keep using it!

on 7/25/2010 11:34:00 PM

WOW I cant believe that so many people likr this!!

this flaked on me within 30-45 mins. and it had major trnafere problem so much that my co-work thought i had a black eye!

I have this mascara and I use it everyday. It gives me nice natural lashes without clumping. The only problem I have is the brush is too large which makes it harder to reach bottom and inner lashes I would definitely recommend and purchase again

on 7/25/2010 10:33:00 PM

I love this mascara! It makes my eyelashes look great! Part of the reason why I like it is because I know that there are natural ingredients and it's helping my lashes become stronger/more moisturized with daily use. It also easily washes off with soap/makeup remover.

I use carbon black for when I do charcoal/black smokey eye and black/brown for brown smokey eye.

I haven't tried the waterproof version because I don't like putting such harsh chemicals around my eye...

on 7/18/2010 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

This has become my go-to mascara, I have purchased it several times. It makes lashes thicker and longer, and I swear that continual use actually helps your lashes grow too. I have pretty decent lashes anyway, so with this mascara they almost look like false lashes. When I do stray and try a new mascara I remember how other brands make lashes kinda crispy and brittle, but Neutrogena Healthy Volume keeps lashes soft. The wand is ridiculously big, and I have to be careful not to smudge my eyelids, but that's all part of the magic I guess. I tried the Maybelline one that has a similar wand, but it's not as densely packed so you don't get the same effect, and it's much messier on the lids.