April 17, 2014 | 1902 users online

Powder - Revlon - ColorStay Mineral Foundation

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2010 9:45:00 PM More reviews by JuliaDominick

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I adore mineral powder foundation, but after I discovered that the source of my cystic breakouts was my beloved BE, I had to move on and try something else. This was my first stop, and where do I even start on how much I hated it?
First, the ridiculous, impossible-to-use packaging. It's soo difficult to get the product out, and the poor excuse for a brush that they expect you to use is just ridiculous. There's not even a practical way to use this with my flawless face brush without dumping it into another container. I guess I could have done that, but the formula was so awful that it would be pointless. Seriously, the powder isn't very finely milled, and so it kind of sits, miserably, on top of my skin rather than disappearing into it like BE. The coverage is pretty terrible, too! Also, I haven't been able to find a decent color match.
This foundation depressed me. I will NOT be purchasing again. The search continues...

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2010 6:36:00 PM More reviews by Kristaxh

I enjoy the product; I was using it to set my colorstay foundation, but it is WAY too much of a hassle to get this stuff out!!!
Will not buy again due to the packaging. :-/

rated 4 of 5 on 5/29/2010 5:20:00 AM More reviews by neszsa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

well i have just started using mineral powders as i dont like liquids because they dont last long. and anyways i came upon this product and even though you have to apply alot of powder it last a LONGGGG time. it would have to be my favourite foundation at the moment.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/26/2010 2:35:00 AM More reviews by enlight75

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

first of all, none of the colors matched my skin tone. It made me look so pale and ghostly. The brush kept falling and dropping little fibers everytime i swept it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/13/2010 4:15:00 PM More reviews by PolkaDotGlam

If you want a dull, super matte look then this may work for you. I prefer the luminosity that I get from L'Oreal's Bare Natuale or even Bare Minerals. And the packaging with that brush is a joke. I don't know how they expect you to use the brush or even get the product out.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/13/2010 9:24:00 AM More reviews by PurpleElephants

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the first powder foundation that I have ever tried, and I'm really impressed. I love the way it makes my skin look, and I also love the staying power.

I do agree that the packaging is pretty bad, though. I always get the powder EVERYWHERE. I have gotten it all over my desk, all over my clothes, and all over my car.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/1/2010 10:37:00 PM More reviews by me12345

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ok, this is definitely not a substitute for Revlon Colourstay liquid. It is no where near the quality of the liquid. Actually, each day i apply the liquid then pat this on over the liquid, but only in places with spots. it makes the coverage over these areas last a little longer and makes the coverage more intense. I don't reccomend you use this on any dry or flaky areas and it looks a bit cakey if it's all over. This is also better if you have oily skin because after and hour or two, oils from your face mix with the powder and make it look more natural, when you first apply the powder it can look too fake and cakey. As it's a mineral foundation too, it's better to push the powder into the skin rather than 'dust' it on the surface if you want better coverage. Really, there's probably better powders out there but i try to use the products i have first. Might not buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2010 9:13:00 AM More reviews by kimg2000

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm sorry to say that this foundation was a big disappointment to me. The packaging/brush is terrible - I never could figure out how to use it without making a mess, and the little brush is a joke, all rough and "scraggly". I ended up dumping some of the powder into another container and using my own Everyday Minerals flat top kabuki brush to apply it. I found that this foundation gave me no coverage at all, and like another reviewer commented, it starts looking cakey if you apply more in an attempt to get it to cover anything. After a few hours, my face was all shiny and looked like I had no foundation on at all. I have used it twice now with the same results both times. I'm returning this stuff today.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2010 5:48:00 AM More reviews by lynowens

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

My first mineral foundation and i must say, i was pretty impresed. it gave a natural look overall. coverage was decent and so did the lasting power - of which i was kinda disappointed about as 'colorstay' sounded like it was gonna stay on for a good long while. but it's alright.

one thing was that the brush that came along was kinda sucky. it is rough, a lil too small and it shed. it's loosely packed and at times, you tend to get too much foundation on the brush itself. plus, the container makes it real hard to tap of excess powder - which often resulted in a messy makeup counter. oh well.

but nonetheless, a decently good product (:

rated 2 of 5 on 3/19/2010 4:14:00 AM More reviews by kl87

For starters I agree with everyone on the packagaing. The brush supplied is too small, fiddly and not to mention every time I have used it I have ended up with the bristles on my face! The idea of having small holes for the powder to get through is good, but with the way the packaging is it just doesnt work - I had to turn it upside down to get the powder out and shake it about a bit.. The staying power is also not the best, it didnt really last all day.. it wasnt too bad at covering minor blemishes though..I wouldnt use it again as a foundation unless I only wanted light coverage and for a short event (not all day wear). It worked quite well as a powder to set liquid foundation and performed better at that task.. Also not quite sold on the colours, they come across okay but when on make you look quite pale (if used as foundation, not too bad when you use it on top of liquid foundation).
I won't be buying this product again, will be searching for a better product.