Revlon ColorStay Mineral Foundation

3.0

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide (0.9%) Inactive Ingredients: Talc, Silica, Nylon 12, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Dimethicone, Cyclopentasiloxane, Perfluorononyl Octyldodecyl Glycol, Grapeseedate, Polyethylene, Mother of Pearl, Topaz, Quartz, Serica (Silk), Cymbidium Grandiflorum Flower Extract, Lactobacillus/Eriodictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Malva Sylvestris Flower Extract (Mallow), Dimethiconol, Dimethicone/Silsesquioxane Copolymer, Copolymer, Triethoxycaprylysilane, Lecithin, Alumina, Lauroyl Lysine, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Mica, Iron Oxides (CI 77491, 77492, 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163)

on 6/28/2010 1:32:00 PM

I was shocked by the poor reviews of this item! As I absolutely adore this mineral loose powder foundation, but I agree with other reviewers the packaging and brush suck. I transferred the foundation into an old loose powder container to make it easier to acquire the product with my powder or kabuki brush.
I dust and blend a small amount over top of my tinted moisturizer (either Cover Girl Smoother or Tarte Smooth Operator) and it delivers a perfect sheer to light coverage. Sets to a semi-matte smooth finish and wears well throughout the day. Never oxidized, looked cakey, settled into fine lines, or felt heavy and greasy on my face.
I purchased it in "fair" which is a perfect match to my complexion. I like that the colour is quite neutral with no strong pink or yellow undertones. For reference I wear MAC NC15, Cover Girl Smoothers TM in Fair-Light, and Tarte Smooth Operator in Agent 00. In addition to the great shade match I like that it has SPF10. I know that's not a lot, but provides a little extra bonus on top of my TM.

on 6/24/2010 8:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Not good at all! Didn't stay on, gave no coverage (not even light), and dusted off in no time. Waste of money for me :/

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I bought this foundation couple of weeks back.. I think its good for the people whi have less imperfections and blemishes. since it give light to medium coverage, it doesn't hide any skin blemishes and imperfection, for that you will have to apply this over the concealer or the liquid/creme foundation. I tried it with the max factor creme foundation and worked very well. So it works great to set the foundation.
Here in India there are only 3 shades available which is very disappointing thing. I paid 1050 INR for this foundation.

I prefer this mineral foundation over Bare Minerals.
why I love it:
-light to medium coverage
-smooth finish
-very long-lasting
-paraben-free
-spf 10
-talc free
-moderately priced
The only aspect that I didn't enjoy is the brush...it's tiny. It works fine but I prefer a larger brush.
Update: I changed the overall rating to 5! I really love this mineral foundation...very natural looking yet it evens out my skin tone. ...love it!

on 6/14/2010 7:54:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This product is HORRIBLE. It made my face look sooo dull and dry... not a matte finish. The brush they include is a JOKE, seriously what's the point of even including it? To make us laugh? Might as well buy a powder brush from walmart for like 5$.
I wish they had the option 'f*** no' under the 'Would you buy this product again menu"...
Bare Minerals all the way baby! Matte formula ;)

on 6/6/2010 11:56:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

I agree with everyone else who says the packaging for this product sucks. I don't use the brush that comes with it at all. I bought this foundation as a replacement for my Bare Minerals foundation when I was running low on cash. I really liked it. The number one reason being: it holds up in the heat. Bare Minerals tends to get blotchy looking after I sweat a lot, but the Revlon mineral foundation does not. I wore it everyday last summer to work in a restaurant where I pretty much sweated from start to finish, and it held up pretty well.
I do not use this foundation alone, I use it to set liquid foundation. I also do that with Bare Minerals. I have found that it works great to set my liquid foundation, but I have never tried using it by itself. I feel like it definitely works better on top of a liquid foundation, so I wouldn't recommend it to be used alone. Overall, I think that if you need something that will stand up to the heat and stay on, you should try this. While the packaging is a pain, I usually just shake it upside down and then open it to get product out, and then apply it with my Bare Minerals brush.

I adore mineral powder foundation, but after I discovered that the source of my cystic breakouts was my beloved BE, I had to move on and try something else. This was my first stop, and where do I even start on how much I hated it?
First, the ridiculous, impossible-to-use packaging. It's soo difficult to get the product out, and the poor excuse for a brush that they expect you to use is just ridiculous. There's not even a practical way to use this with my flawless face brush without dumping it into another container. I guess I could have done that, but the formula was so awful that it would be pointless. Seriously, the powder isn't very finely milled, and so it kind of sits, miserably, on top of my skin rather than disappearing into it like BE. The coverage is pretty terrible, too! Also, I haven't been able to find a decent color match.
This foundation depressed me. I will NOT be purchasing again. The search continues...

on 5/29/2010 6:36:00 PM

I enjoy the product; I was using it to set my colorstay foundation, but it is WAY too much of a hassle to get this stuff out!!!
Will not buy again due to the packaging. :-/

on 5/29/2010 5:20:00 AM

well i have just started using mineral powders as i dont like liquids because they dont last long. and anyways i came upon this product and even though you have to apply alot of powder it last a LONGGGG time. it would have to be my favourite foundation at the moment.

on 5/26/2010 2:35:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

first of all, none of the colors matched my skin tone. It made me look so pale and ghostly. The brush kept falling and dropping little fibers everytime i swept it.