October 23, 2014 | 1170 users online

Powder - Maybelline - Mineral Power Powder Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2012 8:25:00 PM More reviews by eccentricgogo

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is the product I wear for a regular day. It gives good medium coverage, doesn't cake up or flake, and doesn't make me look like I'm wearing makeup. I don't get blemishes anymore but I have some spots of hyperpigmentation on my right cheek. It doesn't completely cover them but it greatly reduces them and I don't mind if a little bit shows if I'm not doing anything important. It does a pretty good job controlling oil (although blotting papers are a must if you're going to be out for many hours and have oily skin like I do) and lasts for awhile. The brush it comes with is pointless and stiff though, I use a softer powder brush

rated 3 of 5 on 6/5/2012 5:02:00 PM More reviews by sydneythekidd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

To the bone I am a liquid-foundation girl, however, because of my (then) new job I really enjoyed the idea of a buff and go routine that looked natural. This stuff does look natural, but for me, a tad bit dry-looking and because of this, I wouldn't repurchase. It has a decent amount of coverage and an okay staying power, but for me doesn't cut the mustard. I would however recommend trying it if you are a fan of loose powder or lighter foundations!

rated 4 of 5 on 6/1/2012 10:07:00 PM More reviews by XpugsX

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have tried tonnes of mineral powder foundations ranging from high end to dirt cheap. Maybelline is one of the cheaper ones that I have tried and yet it is one of the best! I wear this regularly over La Roche Posay Anthelios 60+ sunscreen. If you check my reviews, you will find some of my reviews of powder foundations and I always use the same base underneath and the same skincare routine. For this reason, I think I can give a fairly accurate review of how the foundation works. I purchased this in Light (02) Ivory as this is the lightest colour available in Australia. I applied it using the Nude by Nature kabuki brush as the brush supplied by Maybelline was next to useless! Even though there is no discernible glitter or sparkle in this foundation, it does leave your skin looking dewy and glowy, but not in that nasty shiny way. It just looks healthier. The colour and effect stayed true on me all day. The makeup did not oxidise and it did not change colour. I don't know if I would call this ivory, but it still suited my pale skin very well. The other nice thing about this foundation is the comfort factor. I was not aware of it on my skin and some mineral powder foundations can get a bit itchy. I'm not sure if this is a true "mineral" foundation as I'm pretty sure they have added some unnatural stuff to it, but I don't really care because it's just a really good foundation.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 5/29/2012 12:50:00 AM More reviews by Kkate142

I like this, I don't hate it yet love it. It works fine on my normal skin, so I would not know how it asorbs oil. It is very finely milled. Feels nice and stays until I want to take it off.2 things I dislike about this is the packaging is somewhat a pain, but I have time so it doesnt make that big of a difference, but the big problem is the shade matching for Maybelene products, I bouught this in about 3 shades to dark, but the package matched my skin and I turned a weird color, so pick it in 1 or 2 shades darker than usaual.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/28/2012 8:22:00 PM More reviews by gleamyeyes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this mineral powder! It doesn't leave the face sparkly like one of the mineral powders I've tried. It's coverage is amazing, it's like wearing foundation but without they wet gooey feeling foundation always leaves me with even if I set it. The only thing I don't like is the brush it comes with, it's so hard to clean compared to my other brushes. I had to wash it for a full 10+ minutes to get all the powder off of it. Not fun. And the brush has hard bristles that scrape at my face when I apply it. Bottom line: The brush is horrible, get your own. And, the powder is absolutely amazing!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2012 12:36:00 PM More reviews by TiffD

I was trying to find a relatively inexpensive mineral poweder that did not contain talc. I cannot believe how many so called "mineral" powders there are out there that contain talc! Sure, talc is a mineral but it is a very unhealthy, irritating one that no true mineral powder should contain.
So I found this one and decided to try it out. I think it cost about $6.50 at my local shoprite. For the price it worked pretty well. It has light to medium coverage and did a good job of covering up most of my light acne scars. However, it comes off so easily; even if I rub my nose a little you can see where the powder came off. Also, the brush is horrible to use as a foundation/powder applicator. Its bristles, though natural, are stiff and I feel like the powder doesn't stick to them very well and just gets wasted. Instead I use a very soft, also natural, eco tools brush.

Another thing I did not like very much about this product is that it does not control oil very well. The area around my nose tends to become a bit oily and it shows up even an hour after applying this powder. This might be a good product to use in the winter when my skin is dry, but definitely not for the summer.

Overall, a decent product for the price, but I do not think I will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/13/2012 3:30:00 AM More reviews by atroquinine

This product is ridiculously good for the price. As far as mineral powder goes this pretty much does all it promises and costs practically nothing. I easily found my shade and the coverage is about medium. It doesn't accentuate pores at all (and I have large ones) and doesn't look cakey. Overall one of the best drugstore products, and so cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2012 2:11:00 PM More reviews by galcapsfan

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I really like this foundation! I like it better then liquid foundation for sure, and it can be used in a multitude of ways. Of course, the normal way just tap some into the lid and dust it on, you can use a tinted moisturizer and use this as a setting powder, or you could mix this into you moisturizer and create a tinted moisturizer! The only thing I do have to say with the last option is when I did it, it came out darker then what the color really is, so I will probably be using that during the summer. You don't fell like you are wearing any makeup at all, you skin just looks better! The only thing is moisturize before you put it on if you have dry skin (I have dry combination skin). Other then that I would definitely recommend this!
The only thing is that the lid sometimes feels like it is either not screwed on right, or its not on track, ect.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2012 10:04:00 AM More reviews by Glamgirl160

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a fantastic product! It give medium coverage with a smooth matte finish ( but you still get a nice glow since it's mineral make up ). The brush provided is pretty good as well. You have to apply this foundation slowly though cause if you rush the brush can pick up alot at once and then most of it ends up in the air/ on your clothes/ etc. So only apply a lil bit at a time!

I gave this 4 stars instead of 5 because it's extremely lightweight, and can fall off your face easily. I would highly recommend putting on a primer or moisturiser before using this product

rated 5 of 5 on 5/8/2012 1:52:00 AM More reviews by widdersyns

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I'm not an expert on foundation, so I can't go down the list of why I love this one so much. All I know is, it is the only foundation I have ever used that doesn't look flaky on me, and it is cheap, so I love it. It gives silky, even coverage with a fairly matte finish, and the included brush is actually pretty nice. I would definitely recommend it. If you end up not liking it, you're out less than 10 dollars, so it's not much of a gamble.