November 28, 2014 | 1264 users online

Lip Gloss - L'Oreal - Infallible Lip Gloss

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/14/2009 5:35:00 PM More reviews by Zlizzdlizz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

So far I am in love with this "gloss". I don't really think of it as a gloss though and if I were reviewing it as one it would have gotten a very different rating. This is more of a liquid lipstick than a gloss. Glosses should be shiny and wet looking. This is shimmery and has a subtle sheen to it. If you completely disregard the notion that this is a gloss and should feel like one, then this is a very nice product. It is longer wearing than most products like it (i.e. liquid lipsticks, not glosses). However the notion that anything other than a long-wearing lipstick is going to last more than a 2-3 hours is just silly (at least if you plan on eating, drinking, breathing, etc.). As for the wand I myself love it. For a pigmented gloss (which this color is) it allows you really precise control over where the gloss goes and how much you put on.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/6/2009 10:58:00 AM More reviews by roroluca

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have this in #135 and it comes out much lighter on my lips - a wearable NARS Turkish Delight on my NC35 skin. I do like how this doesn't look too glossy and while I love the applicator, I don't like how sticky this is. And yes, this DOES transfer on cups, mugs, etc.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2009 2:49:00 PM More reviews by amydo

I like this lip gloss very much. The colors are very nice and glossy. I am very pleased with its lasting power. The gloss is also easy to put on, not too sticky nor too liquid.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/24/2009 9:36:00 AM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I'm torn, I love the consistency and the longwearing of this lipgloss but I hate the color I got. I tried it on my hand it is called Plumped Rose, it very MLBB rosey pink, but on me, it looks very sheery barely there. Its upsetting because I actually wanted a better color payoff. Maybe If I trade in the color to something darker, it may show up brighter.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2009 1:36:00 PM More reviews by seattlegirl

I am going to completely rewrite this review and elevate it to HG status, as it has been my go-to product forever, and I can't find anything else quite like it. I use it in two different ways:

1. as a stain: I take the darkest color (Rebel Red) and apply very sparingly on my lower lip and then rub my lips together. with only a teeny amount, it becomes only a tiny bit sticky, not bad at all. I actually like the mild stickiness, as I can use it as an indicator - if I can't feel it anymore, I know it's time to reapply. a very thin coat of this reads as a lovely berry stain on me. it will last through a couple of hours at a party sipping on a cocktail, and I can rub my lips together to redistribute the color. even after the gloss is gone, there is just a teeny bit of pink stain left behind. it just always looks good on me.

2. as a stain topper: I love Just Bitten Kissable Stain Balm in Crush -- it leaves behind a vivid stain that lasts all night. unfortunately, when the top color wears off, the stain is way too vivid pink. so when the balmy feeling has worn off, I top it with L'Oreal Infallible in Raisin. it is just the right color to neutralize the pinkness, and it creates a seal that will last a couple more hours. I normally hate having to use two lip colors, but this combination has been a real winner for me. the raisin also looks nice on its own, as a lovely daytime color. note: it looks browner in the tube than it actually is. on me it is actually more of a subtle plum base with a slight gold shimmer. it's a MLBB color. weirdly, the plum becomes more noticeable in photos than it does in real life, but either way I like how it looks.

since they're both sheer (and I apply them thinly), I've managed to master applying this w/o looking in a mirror. I can do a quick check in the reflective cap to be sure I didn't make a mistake. between that and the lasting power, it makes it my favorite party lipcolor. bonus: it is not exactly moisturizing, but it seems to create a protective barrier and never dries my lips out.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/8/2009 1:31:00 PM More reviews by seekay22

Very nice lip gloss...stays on well, looks and feels nice. My only complaint would be that it's a little drying.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/2/2009 8:16:00 PM More reviews by ashleypooh1014

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I got these bogo at walgreens a couple weeks ago. Although the six hour claims are rubbish, I really do like these. The color payoff isnt very good, but I dont care about that. I like to use these to seal on my lipstick, and it works quite well for that. I would say it lasts 2 to 3 hours max, but whatever lipcolor i have under it, doesnt budge for about 5 hours. I have petal which i use as a sealer for creme d nude and myth lipsticks. I also bought the plumping version in plumped pink, which i like to use with hue and pervette lipstick (pervette is a blueish pink, this gloss mutes the blue) I really think these are great and have a great price. if you use it properly youll love it im sure! Alot of the reviews complain that its tacky feeling, but if you apply only the amount on the wand without double dipping, youll see it works better with less product ( which is a great money saver) also let it set for about a minute before smooshing the lips together.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 10/29/2009 1:53:00 AM More reviews by RachelisGreen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have a few tubes of this and I'm not very satisfied with the color payoff. It does look rather dull, so I have to find that I layer this with another lip gloss/stain/lipstick. I already have pretty big lips naturally...this does slightly enhance that, but not by much. Honestly, not very impressed with this product. I only use it when I want a natural/nude lip, which I rarely do. Doesn't last too long, either. Doesn't plump like it says it should...all in all, this product falls short. I'll use what I have, but I won't be repurchasing.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/28/2009 8:38:00 PM More reviews by coldkiwi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

Stays on long, but not the shine. Looks dull after about 2 hours. Comes completely off in 6 hours.. And when it fades off/comes of, my lips feel dry and stiff, almost irritated. Sticky, so the product tends to pick up a lot of dirt - had my lips and nasty1Has a cotton candy-bubblegum type of smell that is so attracting at first, but gets annoying and a bit nauseating.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2009 10:48:00 PM More reviews by spiderleenie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I just tried this lip gloss for the first time today. I only own one color (Petal: A muted pink and champagne-like color with shimmer). The color I have is very lovely, and I think it's an ideal color to wear with smokey eyes. The gloss is more pigmented than I expected it to be, and that's a good thing. It makes my lips look paler, but in a really good and flattering way.

I've found that this lip gloss actually does tend to last quite a long time (around 5-6 hours for me), so this gloss would be really good for when I have to go places that don't allow me time to reapply my lip gloss frequently.

The applicator is really something. I'm not picky when it comes to gloss applicators, but this one is pretty neat. It doesn't pick up a lot of gloss, but this is a good thing, because it's always easier to build up on gloss instead of working with too much gloss.

There's one negative thing I have to say about this gloss: I really don't like the smell. Lip gloss and lip stick scents usually don't have the tendency to bother me. You know that (in)famous Play-Doh smell in many drug store lipsticks? That smell doesn't bother me in the slightest. The smell in this gloss, though ... It bothers me. I'm fine as long as I keep my nose away from the applicator, but wow. The product smells like heavy chemicals that are trying to be hidden by a vanilla scent. Disgusting!

I think the smell is preventing me from truly loving this lip gloss, which is a shame, because the quality of the product is extremely good for a drugstore brand (and even high-end brands). I'm on the fence about whether I'll buy this again ... Perhaps if I am able to hit a sale on it, then I will.