August 1, 2014 | 1757 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - Argan oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2013 1:07:00 PM More reviews by claudiacpc

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like this oil- I bought it at sephora as part of a set with Josie Maran's matchmaker foundation, argan oil and sunscreen lotion. I don't apply this oil directly on my skin, but I'll mix it with a moisturizer at night, use it as an under eye treatment & in my hair. I made the mistake of using about 2 dropper full in my hand and applied to damp hair- what a mistake! It made my hair greasy & dirty looking- I couldn't wait to wash it out! My mistake though- I should've used less! I do love using this on my ends before going to bed, put my hair in a loose bun then wash it out in the morning. And also on no-shampoo days, I'll use a few drops to soften the ends and tame flyaways. I'll mix it with hand lotion before going to bed- it doesn't feel too heavy. I just go the featherlight version and love it!
Thank you Josie!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/7/2013 3:56:00 PM More reviews by CrashBangKelsey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

The difference this stuff has made to my skin is actually unbelievable. I have combination skin with a tendency to get very rough, flaky, and dry patches underneath my eyes and around my mouth, and getting rid of these patches can be next to impossible.

I bought a small bottle of this on a whim and after hearing some good things about this particular brand of oil. I started using a couple of drops every night, and I could feel the difference the next day. My skin felt so smooth and fresh! I immediately wanted to jump on here and write a review singing its praises, but I didn't want to jump the gun. I'm now entering my 4th week of using this religiously, and it really is every bit as good as i initially thought it would be. My undereyes are no longer flaking and my skin is so nice and baby soft.

Once this bottle runs out I'm going to purchase the larger size. it's pricy, but for me, it's worth every penny. I'm in loooove.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/29/2013 9:08:00 AM More reviews by km1704

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love it! I use it once a day, generally in the morning, and I used it through winter and summer as well. I love mixing this with a bit of a tinted moisturizer before starting my makeup routine. It makes my skin feel plump and healthy and glowy. It hasn't made me break out. A drop or two goes a long way. It's the best!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/23/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by cilla2229

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has been a miracle worker for me! I've recently developed a small dry patch on my cheek and dryness around my nose, and this oil keeps me hydrated all day. It doesn't clog my pores or break me out and gives me a youthful glow. Its a a bit pricey but a little goes a long way. I'm addicted!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/19/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by elmiwalk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have used other Argan oils and have not liked them as much as this one. Yes it's expensive, but I'm only using 3-4 drops twice a day, and it gets patted into my face and neck after washing. It's hard to believe that such a small amount of product can moisturize so well, but it's quite amazing and has helped with some acne scarring. I will continue to buy this!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2013 11:58:00 AM More reviews by Miriam44

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I waited two weeks to write this review so that I could see if I had a similar issue to other women who found that after time, the initial positive effects changed...I'm happy to say that I am still having great results with this oil! I am about 4 months pregnant and my skin has been going crazy since the beginning of my pregnancy. I never had skin issues before so I was at a loss as to what to do, but I tried this because I love face oils (I use Neroli oil by Decleor, but that wasn't helping recently) so I got this small $14 bottle at Sephora and gave it a shot. The first morning after, my skin was less red and the blemishes had calmed down quite a bit. Within a few days, my skin's texture had smoothed out again, and I felt back to normal. :)
It's worth noting that I do not live in a dry or cold climate, so I'm not sure if it can handle the Northeast winters (where I'm from), but it's fine for West Coast weather. I use it morning and night with nothing else; I will get the SPF one for daytime.
I recently read about Marula oil, similar cost and also at Sephora; I got a free sample the other day and will do another 2-week trial with that one to see if there is a difference; the Marula oil mentions anti-wrinkle properties, and being pregnant, I can't use retinol so maybe that would work in the interim. The drawback is it is just for face whereas argan oil is for hair, cuticles, body, etc. but then again I don't use it for all of that (for the cost, I can find much cheaper alternatives for hair/body!), so I am only using these oils on my face. Overall, I am very happy with this product and will definitely always keep it in my beauty routine, even if it doesn't remain my only go to morning/nighttime product after the baby is here, it is just too much of a lifesaver if my skin has a bad reaction. The only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars is because of the price; many people have said you can buy the exact same product for far less online, but the oil itself is great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/11/2013 12:59:00 PM More reviews by laureg

I've been using this specific product for about 3 months now (I've used other Argan brands from the health food store before). I've been using it on my face, body and hair with really nice results. It's a lovely moisturizer applied to damp skin, and leaves skin soft and smooth. It's also great to use on irritated or tender skin if you use retinoids and other actives. I rub a few drops together on my palms to smooth through my hair once I'm done styling and to tame flyaways, and it gives a nice healthy shine to my hair. For oilier skinned people (I have oily skin), I have noticed that I can't use this in the morning underneath makeup, because it makes me too oily during the day. That aside, this is a great multi-use product to have in your bathroom cabinet.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2013 12:06:00 PM More reviews by Rebecca34

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am on my second bottle of this stuff because I love it so much! It's pricey but it lasts a long time since you only use a few drops at a time.

I use this as a moisturizer for my face. I put about 3-4 drops in my palms and pat this onto my face. I then lightly rub it in like I would a moisturizer. It takes a few minutes for my skin to absorb this and then I apply whatever other products I am using that day.

Just to give you an idea of my skin type: It's normal, slightly oily at times, almost never breaks out (even when I was a teen). It's sensitive in that it seems to do best with as few ingredients as possible so I look for skincare with very basic ingredients or use oils. I'm only 37 so I don't have any major aging issues yet.

This oil doesn't do anything miraculous to my skin since I already have pretty decent skin but it moisturizes it without making it more oily and doesn't irritate my face like some other products can.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by leighcameron

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I have very very very dry skin and I love this stuff- it has made a huge difference in my skin and subsequently my make up application. It's expensive but it lasts a long time. I have used several bottles of this and I will continue to buy to buy this because of my dry skin. Because my skin is so dry I feel like I am constantly applying "stuff" to my face- i love that I don't have to worry about the ingredients that I am being exposed to.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2013 1:00:00 AM More reviews by lindsey835

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of those so-called "do it all" multi-use products that actually lives up to the hype! I'm on my second bottle and have used it on my face, cuticles, legs (a few drops added to my everyday lotion), and scalp. I've noticed that a few drops of this oil has an almost magical effect on blemishes, particularly those that may have been picked at or popped. (I know, I know. But we all do it. Right?)