Josie Maran Cosmetics 100% Pure Argan Oil

3.8

100% pure organic Argan Oil

on 2/22/2014 2:12:00 AM

I absolutely love this stuff! I am a fan of face oils. I have normal/dry skin and use this argan oil on a daily basis. I apply a few drops into my face right before my daily moisturizer, especially around my eyes and this keeps me hydrated all day long. My concealer goes on smoother and doesn't look dry or old. It doesn't affect my m/u at all.

I use it in the PM as my night time moisturizer too. I've put it in my hair and it just tames my frizzies without looking greasy.

This stuff is wonderful, and I will always have it on hand. I love JM's oils so much I have the Argan Light as well as the LE Radiance one, and the bronze one. Love em all!

on 2/19/2014 12:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

A majority of these reviews are very positive, so even though I cannot use the product myself, I still think you should go ahead and try it in case you do see positive results!

However, please purchase a sample first! I found it caused me to break out and have eczema on my face after one single use as a moisturizer. I used it in the morning underneath my makeup and my skin did feel nice and soft, but that night I noticed my face was very itchy and there were red splotches appearing on my face. As someone with a past with acne who now has clear skin, I was horrified and wondered if the cruel hands of fate had decided to bring back my pizza face days of yore. However, when I washed all my makeup off, I noticed the small bumps that were covering my cheeks, eczema. And as someone with no history of eczema, this was particularly strange. I know if I had used it any longer, I would have broken out again.

I looked online for people who had similar experiences, and there are a lot of people who experienced the same affects, so you never know if you might react the same way!

on 2/15/2014 12:21:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This stuff has helped my skin so much during these cold winter months where I live. I use it underneath one of my Caryl Baker moisturizers and the two together work wonders! Thank god for this stuff!!! Going to stay a part of my makeup routine for years to come. It is a bit pricey but worth it because of the results!

on 2/11/2014 1:20:00 PM

I don't like using this on my face as it doesn't absorb well and seems to just sit atop my skin. Instead, I've taken to using this as a post-shampoo conditioning treatment when my hair is freshly washed and more or less dry. Gives the hair a nice healthy sheen to it, which is lovely given that I have damaged hair and prefer to avoid silicone-laden hair products to de-frizz. I wouldn't necessarily repurchase this particular brand of argan oil as it's marked up due to the brand-name, but probably try a less expensive, organic brand available at a health food shop.

I got this as part of my Sephora Superstars collection. I tried using it as my moisturizer, but I wasn't a fan of it at all. However, I have been putting it in my hair after a shower and wrapping it in a Turbie Twist while I get dressed and do my makeup. My hair as never been softer or looked shinier. This is just too expensive for what it is. I purchased a bottle of pure Argan oil on Haute Look, and from what I understand, you can also get it at most health food stores. The Sephora collection was definitely a good value for all that you get in it, but that's the only way I'd purchase this oil.

I am about the repurchase this lovely product after resurrecting the small bottle from my stash. I was in a bit of a panic after using a Regenerist cream that was more exfoliating than moisturizing, and ending up with very dry, sandpapery and flaky skin. I couldn't think of what to slather on my skin as it was as sensitive as it's ever been and I needed something that was non irritating, fragrance free, and soothing. My skin really drank this up, and I realized I had been a little wary of using an oil regularly on my skin. This particular oil absorbed very well and fairly quickly, caused no irritation whatsoever, and I did not get one single zit. There is no aroma at all. I know that there are many less expensive argan oils out there, but I am not in the market to try any others at the moment, as I am still recovering from the Olay skin cream experiment and the JM worked it's wonders for me. I'm not opposed to sampling some other brands if I can find them in person.

on 1/27/2014 10:14:00 AM

This is amazing!!! I am 45, I live in a borough of New York City, and we have had a very, very harsh and cold winter. I don't own a car, so my face takes a beating in the winter. I was having problems with eczema on my face and neck from this horrible winter (which, of course, looked awful), and even went to the dermatologist to get prescription cortisone cream (which worked, but is NOT something I wanted to use too much). Then I was in Sephora and decided to give this a try....well, I'm FLABBERGASTED. It is WONDERFUL. The eczema is almost gone, my face is glow-y and plump and moisturized, and I'm SO HAPPY. I feel beautiful again, and Josie Maran is the reason. It has NOT broken me out (and, yes, I'm prone), and while I only use it at night the effects last all day the next day (I use a little DHC moisturizer and sunscreen in the morning). Anyway, I'm in LOVE. This oil changed my life this winter, and I'd don't know what I'd do without it. If the bottle was 200 dollars I'd pay it. Not sure if I will use it in the summer, but for now I wish I was a billionaire...I'd fill a bathtub with this stuff and soak in it :-)

on 1/20/2014 1:47:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I purchased the 0.5oz for $18.00 here in Canada.
I use this as an eye-serum as my undereyes are really flaky and dry these days that when I put on concealer, it really sets on those flakes and it is NOT attractive at all.

It really really helped my under-eyes! I used it for 3-5 days and it moisturized so well.
There was such a difference. I only used 1-2 drops and when I woke up, it was so plump, soft, and moisturized.
My concealer goes on smoothly now :)

I heard that you can get other versions of Argan oil for way cheaper but I have yet to find where I can get that. For now, I'm really satisfied with this!
I haven't tried it on other parts of my face though, in fear of breaking out, but I might test it out and see how it goes. Right now, I'm only using this as an under-eye serum and it works really well!

on 1/17/2014 3:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

I was able to get a 0.5 oz. bottle on the "beauty on the go" stands at Sephora it was $15 ! Having super sensitive skin and eczema, and I do not like to commit to any big bottle sizes of anything unitl I test products out first. But I was surprised by this product it felt good on my face and kept me mositurized all day without any dry flakey spots. It did not break me out at all. I know that I have only been using it for about a week now, but so far I am enjoying it. I just wish the bigger bottle was not so expensive. So I will be on the hunt for a cheaper alterenative :)

I've got to credit Josie Maran for bringing argan oil to a mass audience. The half-ounce bottle of this was my first exposure to 100% pure argan oil (previously I'd used blends that contained it as an ingredient, such as Moroccan Oil) and I started using it in countless ways: mixing a drop into my morning face blend (moisturizer, illuminator and a drop of foundation all get blended together for sheer, hydrating coverage... now with a drop or two of argan oil!), using it as a cleanser on my nose to blast sebaceous filaments (I saw a major difference after three days of nightly use), protecting the ends of my hair, adding to my body lotion, etc. I love that these are packaged using ultra-hygienic droppers that prevent bacteria from your skin from mixing with the pure (though not organic) oil. However, with a little digging I learned that this oil is not competitively priced, and companies that supply spas and smaller skincare companies sell bulk organic argan oil for about 1/4 of the price. For an extra few dollars I had them toss in an empty glass bottle with a dropper top, and now I'm really able to indulge my argan oil obsession!

Popular Moisturizers