October 21, 2014 | 2059 users online

Moisturizers - Josie Maran Cosmetics - 100% Pure Argan Oil

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 10/16/2013 1:47:00 AM More reviews by mistressaryann

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I've been using this liquid gold for more than a week and i guess its not "sufficient" time to write a thorough review BUT this stuff is great! For a teenage girl that has hormonal break outs, i thought this was the reason i was having spot acne but turns out i just restarted my cycle. And this was actually helping the spots less swell and less painful to touch! And after 1-2 days the spot would be almost completely gone! I also noticed my skin's radiance and texture has improved, i don't intend to exaggerate but this gave my skin a lot love. And the fact that it's versatile and a 100% organic argan oil and not some chemically treatment is just heavenly. This is quite pricey though, $14-17 for the travel size and $42 for the 1.7 fl. oz. I suggest splurging on the travel size first c:

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by PianoGirl1985

I swear by the Argan oil. I don't care what some people say about how there is nothing special about the oil since any oil will do the trick, and that using the argan oil as a key ingredient does not prove anything regarding its benefits. If that was true then there wouldn't be any results whats so ever. I am a recent follower of Paula's Choice skin care line and even though I do love it since it improved my skin like no other, I still think the Argan oil is a better moisturizer for my combo skin. I use Paula's Hydrolight moisturizer which is suppose to be perfect for combo oily skin, however this time a year (Fall/Winter) it can make my face feel quite tight. So what I do is I use the Hydrolight on my oily T-zone and I use Josie Maran's Argan Light oil on the rest of my face. The results are so obvious since my skin is soft, supple and radiant and is no longer tight or dehydrated. I agree that it's overpriced and if you dig around you'll be able to find cheaper Argan oil products, but I usually wait for Josie's products to go on special Holiday deals and don't pay the full price.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/13/2013 4:57:00 PM More reviews by kbrand

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I can't give this as many lippies as I'd like because it is so overpriced. You can buy pure, USDA certified organic Argan oil for a fraction of the price all over the internet. And by fraction I really mean it: we're talking 75% less.

That being said, Argan oil has been the best for me out of all of the facial oils. Chia seed oil is better but harder to find. I think you're going to see chia more often just like you saw emu and jojoba oils become popular.

I use Argan oil twice a day on my face. 3 drops in the summer and five in the winter will do the trick. I put the drops in my hand and then spray a calming toner or even distilled water over it and then mix together. I find it's much easier to distribute this way and I use less product.

I'll use it on other parts of my body as well but my hair is very fine Argan is just too heavy for it. If I use too much I get some slight congestion but nowhere near full-on acne. My skin breaks out at the drop of a hat but this oil seems to be OK. I wouldn't say it helps my acne but I think it does help heal acne scars, new and old, and minor cuts.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2013 10:21:00 PM More reviews by Gardengrenade

Like others on here I had seen all the beauty gurus raving about this and to be honest I thought they were crazy! Putting an oil on my skin seemed like it would turn out disastrous, especially since I tend to have oily/combination skin. But I was having a rough day and decided to drop some cash at sephora and on my way to the checkout they had a smaller bottle for $18 I believe so I thought, why not? Holy cow am I in love! I used it that night after I washed my face and the next morning my skin felt so nice and quenched without being a disgusting oily mess which has happened when I use a night cream. It didn't upset my skin and it didn't clog my pores which was amazing. I did try use it under my makeup during the day and for my oily prone skin it was a bit much, I'd like to try the light version but I'm not mad about just using it at night. The price is a bit shocking, but even a girl on a budget, this is well worth the money as for me skin care is #1. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/10/2013 9:44:00 PM More reviews by rebeccamv

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't often take the time to review products, but I wanted to review this one as I have sensitive, combination, acne-prone skin and I know how burdensome this is for others. Often times, I have a minor breakout on one part of my face, with another part of my face peeling and flaking due to dryness. I have tried so many face lotions from Elta to Vanicream to Cetaphil to Cerave, and this one is definitely my favorite right now! The argan oil absorbs so quickly, leaves your skin feeling soft yet not oily, and seems to "heal" any peeling, flaking or even scabs I may have...WITHOUT breaking me out. (Nearly all moisturizers, and sunscreens especially, break me out.) This product is amazing, and if the price puts you off---please note that it lasts much longer than you'd expect at first glance. I only use 4-5 drops per night. This has become my under-eye moisturizer, too! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2013 9:45:00 PM More reviews by Nicolebby

I never expected to like this product. If I am being honest, I bought it because YouTube beauty guru Jaclyn Hill recommended it and said that no matter what your skin type is, oil is good for you.

So, I was a bit apprehensive putting this on my combination skin, fearing breakouts or an even oilier T-zone than I was used to dealing with. Instead, I woke up in the morning with amazingly soft and smooth skin. I still am a bit skeptical about the oil on oilier skin, so I only use it about two or three nights a week depending on how my skin looks and feels.

I love combining this with lotions to get moisturizing and soothing benefits all in one and helping to clear my skin. The dropper makes it easy to control how much product you are getting and to help prevent waste.

Edit: Now that it is winter, I have fallen more and more in love with beauty oils. I rotate this with the Fresh Seaberry Oil as well as a Rose Hips one by Mario Badescu. I love how thick this oil is. I only use it at night but I can see how great it has been for my skin the very next morning after I use it. My skin is softer, more radiant, and I no longer have dry patches which is a pretty big deal. If I had to chose one, I think that this one would be one of my very favorites but I might try the light one in order to use it for both day and night.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2013 9:35:00 PM More reviews by Ihaveahart

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Loooooovvvve this oil. Light,no fragrance,no artificial colors,super moisturizing,cheap, affordable I put it on my skin at night then the next day my acne was not there anymore!!!! It's not greasy or perfumed and it has a "nutty" argan scent amazing I got mine a sephora I recommend it to anyone especially with oily or dry skin if you have oily skin get it in light mine is in light it's costs $48.99 plus tax was $52.00 so pretty good :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by mvaldovinos

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this item! It's so moisturizing for my ski and even my cuticles! I apply it at night and I already have really oily skin but this doesn't make me break out or make me oiler. It's not rich enough for hair (my thoughts) but its great for skin and cuticles. I love it!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 12:52:00 AM More reviews by tess856

OMG love this! LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! I mix it with Cetaphil and use on my whole body. I use 3-4 drops for my face and about 2-3 drops in my hair. This stuff is amazing! My awful flaky dry skin looks so healthy! And it is really healing my skin not just masking the dry! I have acne prone skin.... does not break me out. Buy this you wont be sorry!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/21/2013 9:24:00 PM More reviews by MollieRT

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

I LOVE this Argan oil, will not go a day without it. I mix it in equal amounts with the Estée Lauder Synchronized Recovery Night Serum. Since starting this regimen my skin has simply glowed and my rosacea is completely under control. I get compliments on my skin even when I'm not wearing a stitch of makeup!!! I'm hooked for life!!!