Josie Maran Cosmetics 100% Pure Argan Oil

3.9

100% pure organic Argan Oil

on 12/20/2013 10:16:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Josie Maran's argan oil was the first facial oil I'd tried. At first, I loved it.
I have pretty low expectations for products, so when the argan oil didn't break me out or irritate me, I knew it was a keeper! Beyond that, the argan oil didn't feel oily on my skin. It didn't make me look like an oil slick and it sank into my skin, instead of just sitting on the surface.

I moved on to other facial oils, like seabuckthorn or rosehip, but found those oils to be a bit rich for my skin. Argan oil makes my skin look healthy and dewy. It's my Goldilocks oil. It's just right! An added bonus: how well the ends of my hair took to the oil. Now they're all soft to the touch, instead of jacked up and dry.

Ultimately, I found Josie Maran's argan version to be overpriced (0.5 oz for $18 CDN). You can get alternatives at health and wellness stores for cheaper. I like the packaging, but would prefer it to be opaque like the Kahina Giving Beauty line.

on 12/18/2013 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

The first time I tried this oil -- I broke out for weeks.. It didn't seem to work well with my skin at all. So, I let it sit in my cabinet for months. Then I started using it on the tips of my hair at night. That worked nice. However, I didn't feel that I wanted to use such an expensive oil on my hair -- I know there are cheaper alternatives. Then I started patting it around my eye area morning and night. That is when I discovered that I would definitely purchase this again! For me, when used in the eye area, it absorbed and hydrated so when I put my concealer on -- it worked just as nice as my favorite eye creams. Since I'll only be using this for the eye area -- I would purchase the tiny bottle for $14. Definitely worth it.

on 12/14/2013 4:34:00 PM

I've only been using this for two days my face is glowing and lines are softened!
I'm 36, I've only,in recent years, outgrown acne and my skin is very dry in the winter. I'm a beauty aficionado who loves to explore new products. This product has improved the appearance of my skin so quickly, I want women with similar complexions to know about this fantastic product!

on 12/13/2013 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Update: Upon further research I realize argan oil breaks me out. So much for an 'oil for your face'. It's prob not just the oil, I have bad luck with my skin but still. Certainly didn't help much, and not for the price.

I really wanted to like this. I got a sample of both this and the light version. I have clog prone skin that dries out in the winter and I can't use practically any chemicals. I thought this would be a nice miracle solution, but it was just ok. It didn't moisturize my dry areas as much as I would like, and though it didn't cause massive breakouts, I still had bumps and clogs. It's a *better* oil for me but not super moisturizing. I was so dry I had to use first aid and other mineral oil/petroleum products to help. I did switch to a cleanser with argan oil *in* it, and that's better with moisturizing but still having the same clog issue. Too bad.

on 12/13/2013 1:44:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

It's winter here again, and lately we've been having temperatures of -4F with wind chills of -25. I can bundle up most of my body and stay warm, but unless I wear a ski mask and walk around looking like a bank robber my poor face is on its own. So every winter my face starts to peel. and I break out the Argan oil.

What I really like to do is shower at the end of the day, use my Olay Pro-X face brush, and then layer the Argan oil over Kate Somerville Quench. I takes about five drops to do my whole face, including eyes. I read another review where someone said she had found the oil good for her eyelashes and I agree.

So this is my technique, and it enables me to smile without feeling as if my face is going to crack. My face looks full and smooth, and feels soft.

on 12/12/2013 10:32:00 AM

I liked this at first, it is very moisturizing but after about a week, I broke out in cystic acne. Ouch. I threw it away. I am using the Fresh Seaberry Oil and it has done wonders for my skin.

on 11/23/2013 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I don't like this as my moisturizer on its own, I find it to be too hard to fully absorb into my skin and moisturize. However, I do enjoy mixing it with maracuja oil to give my skin a moisturizing boost. I think other 100% pure argan oils do almost the same thing in general, but Josie's absorbs better (though not completely). If I were to use argan oil as my sole moisturizer, I'd get the light version which absorbs way better than the original and is the same on my skin as the maracuja oil. :)

on 11/20/2013 4:44:00 PM

This is 100% pure argan oil.. just with josie maran's name on it. Go to your local health food store and get it for way cheaper.

on 11/9/2013 9:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

I love, love, love this stuff!!! I have oily and acne prone skin and I never thought in a million years I would put more oil on my face to moisturize it. I'm so glad I went against my judgement on this one! To me this stuff is liquid gold!! It moisturizes my face so well and it is so soothing. I have to use BP every night to keep my acne at bay and it is such a relief when I put this Argan oil on. It is pretty expensive, but I definitely think it is worth it. I have bought other cheaper brands of Argan oil and for some reason they didn't feel the same as the Josie Maran one. It seemed to take forever for them to sink in. The Josie Maran oil sinks in pretty fast for me. Now I only buy Josie Maran's. I also use a tiny bit on the ends of my hair after I dry and flat iron it and it makes my hair look so much smoother. I hope this is never discontinued!!

on 11/8/2013 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

So I have been hearing all the hype about this product and finally decided to try it. I do not have oily skin I have combo skin at best. My skin to me feels dry and tight and itchy so coming into winter I decided to try this oil. After showering, I put 3-5 drops on my damp (but not wet) face. The next morning I woke up and put on my makeup and I STILL HAVE FLAKES. Grrrrrrrrr. So aggravating. I tried using with a few drops in my moisturizer and same thing. Not sure I can mess up the use of this, it's oil. How hard can it be to use? Anyway, I now have 3, 1oz bottles and if anything I will use in combination with my body moisturizer. As far as my face goes, not sure this stuff is worth the obnoxious price considering you can get argan oil for less elsewhere.