Chanel UV Essentiel Protective UV Care Anti Pollution SPF 50

cyclopentaxiloxane, zinc oxide (19%) , aqua, ethylhexyl methoxynamate (7.5%), alchohol denat, isononyl isonanoate, dipropyleneglcol,glycerin, neopenthyl glycol dicaprate, polymethilsilsesquioxane, polymethyl methacrylate, dimeticone, triethoxycaprylylsilane, PEG-9polydimethylsiloxethl dimethicone, propylene glycol, thocopheryi acetate, butyleneglycol, parfum, hydrolyzed wheat protein, mannitol, dimethicone/vinyl dimethicone crosspolymere, methylparabean, glycogen, panax ginseng root extract, aesculus hippocastanum eed exract, tilia cordata wood extract, trimethoxycaprylylsilane, sodium citrate, sodium hyaluronate, chlorphenesin, Faex,bht, peg -40 hydrogenated castor oil, glycyrrhiza glabra extract, phenoxyethanol, calcium panthothenate, biotin, butylparaben, ethylparaben, propylparaben, titanium dioxide.

on 10/25/2009 3:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is probably the best sunscreen in the entire world for FOr ALL ETERNITY for people with combo/oily skin. It's in a really small bottle so you feel kinda guilty paying $50 dollars for it. But it does last a good while, and oohhh....is it worth it. You shake the bottle, and you only need a little bit like a dime size or less and it just smooths over your skin and it leaves a matte soft feeling. There's absolutely nooo stickiness, no gross oil slick shine. and the best thing of all....it doesn't break you out. LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE it~ I'm on my second bottle

on 10/25/2009 3:06:00 PM

This is my HG sunscreen! I am very particular about protecting my skin, and I wear a high SPF even in winter. My constant problem? Every high-level sunscreen before this left my face super-shiny, no matter what I put on top of it. Finally I went to makeupalley.com and discovered this - and decided that I had to try it. Don't get me wrong, it IS expensive - but the gorgeous coverage makes it worth it. I would rather spend $$$ on something that I absolutely love, and which does what I really want it to, rather than use a cheaper product that requires more effort to cover up the super-shinies. I wear Chanel matte lumiere liquid foundation over this, and the combination is absolutely perfect. I have truly discovered my HG combination! I'm curious to see how long it lasts, since it is such a ridiculously small bottle - but I'm on month number two and so far so good.
EDIT: Again, a year later and this is still my HG sunscreen. I've tried numerous other brands and nothing has ever compared to this. The only problem is that it is SO expensive! I am now alternating this with La Roche-Posay ultra light SPF 50 sunscreen, which is half the price, and although it's not as good as my beloved Chanel, it's a fairly close second. For days when I really want to protect my skin but still look matte and gorgeous, I will always reach for my Chanel.

on 10/4/2009 2:12:00 PM

This is an excellent product. I'm very particular about sticky stuff on my face but I didn't mind this sunscreen at all. I've been avoiding a separate sunscreen and opting for some SPF in a tinted moisturizer instead - but those products never have a high enough protection factor.

I tried this sunscreen on the advice of the reviews here, and they were right. I went to the department store and sampled Shiseido and Lancome while I was there as well - Chanel was by far the superior product. I ended up buying the Chanel for my vacation and it was very effective and didn't bother me at all. The texture is velvety and it glides on smoothly. I have combination skin and like a little bit of coverage so I applied a lightweight coverup over it (Prescriptives Traceless) - it worked like a charm. I hardly noticed it on at all.

It is pricey, but well worth it. I will be repurchasing when the little bottle runs out.

on 9/23/2009 6:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I'm actually not a user of this product but I still think it's amazing. I borrowed this from my sister and I must say it's an excellent sunscreen because of its consistency. It doesn't have that thick, oily consistency that most sunscreens do. As a matter of fact, it was so lightweight that it felt like I was putting WATER on my face. It was amazing, and couldn't believe it was SPF30. I don't use it because I'm lazy and I like using a moisturizer with SPF in it already (for reference, I use Lancome's bienfait multi-vital SPF 30, HG) instead of putting on a moisturizer and then SPF. But if I weren't lazy, this would definitely be my HG :)

on 9/19/2009 4:46:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

For years, I was using Neutrogena Healthy Defense SPF 45 for my daily facial sunscreen, and not once did I think that it was contributing to occasional breakouts until I suddenly stopped using it and started using UV Essentiel. I paid $57 CAD (+tax) for 1 ounce of this stuff, which was extreme in the moment but I'm pretty thrilled that I did! It's a very light, non-greasy, milky fluid that glides on and leave no whitish cast on my skin at all (I'm East Indian, NC35, so this is pretty awesome). It sinks in with incredible ease and works beautifully under make-up. A little goes a long way, so the fact that this bottle is only an ounce doesn't bother me all that much. Furthermore, I have been breakout-free since I switched to this product. I am most definitely repurchasing once I run out! It's my HG!

on 9/17/2009 1:10:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

i have extremely oily skin that goes shiny after 30 mins but this is the only sunscreen i've tried so far that doesnt make me shiny!

it is very light & actually brightens my skin a bit by leaving a slight whit film on my face. however,im beginning to think this sunscreen is also the reson why my pores are getting blocked more often these days...im not 100% sure yet but usually around dinner time my face feels quite uncomfortable. when i gently run my nails on my face there seems to be 'black' dirty stuff left in my fingernails...if feels like all the dead skin cells,oil & dirt stuck together. when i used dr hauschka sunscreen i didnthave the same problem but i had a very oily face. I guess no product is perfect since this sunscreen has oil absorbing properties. my face is very protected from the sun from the high spf & although the bottle is tiny but it last a very long time.

if i can find an alternative that is equally as good minus the pore blocking i will change my sunscreen but for now,....i will still stick to this sunscreen ^^

this is super-concentrated, and feels like NOTHING on your face. holy grail.

on 5/8/2009 8:50:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure

*EDIT* I am changing this review to 4 stars because I have found my new HG sunscreen: IQQU Beaty's Advance Sunscreen SPF 35. It seems to dry to a much nicer powdery finish than the Chanel did.

I have owned this sunscreen for around 8 months, but have only just made it work on my skin. Previously, I would apply it after letting my Mario Badescu Buttermilk Moisturiser dry, but then I'd end up with a feint white cast and a heavy feel on my skin. Those days, I couldn't to rush home and wash it off!

However, for me to use this little miracle in a bottle - I now put one part moisturiser to one part UV Essentiel in my palm and mix it together and apply it to my skin whilst it's still a little bit damp. It works amazingly! My skin looks flawless and matte and I know that it's being protected from the sun.

On a side note, during summer I once went to the beach and forgot my body sunscreen... I really didn't want to waste this, but put it on sparingly, and to my surprise I didn't even go pink in those areas even though it was the hottest day on record!

So, yes it is very expensive and I have been thinking about buying a cheaper sunscreen... but the product is of true quality and after searching for so long for a product that leaves me with a good finish - I don't want to try anything else

this product is really good. good protection, doesn`t make my skin greasy or anything. it`s expensive but will last you a long time. the one thing i`ve noticed is that if I do not use daycream, ik makes my skin very dry. but i live in a cold climate, maybe thats part of it too.

on 1/14/2009 12:06:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Excellent sunscreen. The best I've tried so far. A little goes far, and it absorbs easily and makes a great primer for foundation or powder. My skin still feels a little tight sometimes, but all sunscreens make my skin feel tight for some reason, and this one feels the least tight. I like the packaging, I will repurchase if I ran out.