October 31, 2014 | 1547 users online

Sunscreen - Chanel - UV Essentiel Protective UV Care Anti Pollution SPF 50

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2009 2:12:00 PM More reviews by shooby11

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is an excellent product. I'm very particular about sticky stuff on my face but I didn't mind this sunscreen at all. I've been avoiding a separate sunscreen and opting for some SPF in a tinted moisturizer instead - but those products never have a high enough protection factor.

I tried this sunscreen on the advice of the reviews here, and they were right. I went to the department store and sampled Shiseido and Lancome while I was there as well - Chanel was by far the superior product. I ended up buying the Chanel for my vacation and it was very effective and didn't bother me at all. The texture is velvety and it glides on smoothly. I have combination skin and like a little bit of coverage so I applied a lightweight coverup over it (Prescriptives Traceless) - it worked like a charm. I hardly noticed it on at all.

It is pricey, but well worth it. I will be repurchasing when the little bottle runs out.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2009 6:38:00 PM More reviews by trigforner

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I'm actually not a user of this product but I still think it's amazing. I borrowed this from my sister and I must say it's an excellent sunscreen because of its consistency. It doesn't have that thick, oily consistency that most sunscreens do. As a matter of fact, it was so lightweight that it felt like I was putting WATER on my face. It was amazing, and couldn't believe it was SPF30. I don't use it because I'm lazy and I like using a moisturizer with SPF in it already (for reference, I use Lancome's bienfait multi-vital SPF 30, HG) instead of putting on a moisturizer and then SPF. But if I weren't lazy, this would definitely be my HG :)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/19/2009 4:46:00 PM More reviews by poonamkaur

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

For years, I was using Neutrogena Healthy Defense SPF 45 for my daily facial sunscreen, and not once did I think that it was contributing to occasional breakouts until I suddenly stopped using it and started using UV Essentiel. I paid $57 CAD (+tax) for 1 ounce of this stuff, which was extreme in the moment but I'm pretty thrilled that I did! It's a very light, non-greasy, milky fluid that glides on and leave no whitish cast on my skin at all (I'm East Indian, NC35, so this is pretty awesome). It sinks in with incredible ease and works beautifully under make-up. A little goes a long way, so the fact that this bottle is only an ounce doesn't bother me all that much. Furthermore, I have been breakout-free since I switched to this product. I am most definitely repurchasing once I run out! It's my HG!

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2009 1:10:00 PM More reviews by ombre39

i have extremely oily skin that goes shiny after 30 mins but this is the only sunscreen i've tried so far that doesnt make me shiny!

it is very light & actually brightens my skin a bit by leaving a slight whit film on my face. however,im beginning to think this sunscreen is also the reson why my pores are getting blocked more often these days...im not 100% sure yet but usually around dinner time my face feels quite uncomfortable. when i gently run my nails on my face there seems to be 'black' dirty stuff left in my fingernails...if feels like all the dead skin cells,oil & dirt stuck together. when i used dr hauschka sunscreen i didnthave the same problem but i had a very oily face. I guess no product is perfect since this sunscreen has oil absorbing properties. my face is very protected from the sun from the high spf & although the bottle is tiny but it last a very long time.

if i can find an alternative that is equally as good minus the pore blocking i will change my sunscreen but for now,....i will still stick to this sunscreen ^^

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2009 8:08:00 PM More reviews by valentina555

this is super-concentrated, and feels like NOTHING on your face. holy grail.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2009 8:50:00 PM More reviews by stopthesmap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

*EDIT* I am changing this review to 4 stars because I have found my new HG sunscreen: IQQU Beaty's Advance Sunscreen SPF 35. It seems to dry to a much nicer powdery finish than the Chanel did.

I have owned this sunscreen for around 8 months, but have only just made it work on my skin. Previously, I would apply it after letting my Mario Badescu Buttermilk Moisturiser dry, but then I'd end up with a feint white cast and a heavy feel on my skin. Those days, I couldn't to rush home and wash it off!

However, for me to use this little miracle in a bottle - I now put one part moisturiser to one part UV Essentiel in my palm and mix it together and apply it to my skin whilst it's still a little bit damp. It works amazingly! My skin looks flawless and matte and I know that it's being protected from the sun.

On a side note, during summer I once went to the beach and forgot my body sunscreen... I really didn't want to waste this, but put it on sparingly, and to my surprise I didn't even go pink in those areas even though it was the hottest day on record!

So, yes it is very expensive and I have been thinking about buying a cheaper sunscreen... but the product is of true quality and after searching for so long for a product that leaves me with a good finish - I don't want to try anything else

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2009 3:33:00 AM More reviews by daphneannigje

this product is really good. good protection, doesn`t make my skin greasy or anything. it`s expensive but will last you a long time. the one thing i`ve noticed is that if I do not use daycream, ik makes my skin very dry. but i live in a cold climate, maybe thats part of it too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2009 12:06:00 AM More reviews by kikidaisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Excellent sunscreen. The best I've tried so far. A little goes far, and it absorbs easily and makes a great primer for foundation or powder. My skin still feels a little tight sometimes, but all sunscreens make my skin feel tight for some reason, and this one feels the least tight. I like the packaging, I will repurchase if I ran out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2009 8:06:00 AM More reviews by sirtaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

its the most beaitiful sun protection for face ı have ever used.I used shiseido, clinique, dermatoligica and murad. I can honestly say shiseido is the best, and murad is the worst face protection before ı met this.
I learned this while ı was searching this web site to find better stf for my face and ı was thinking to buy sisley your rewievs changed my obinion and ı bought this a week ago.
at first it has 50++ factor and ı have so pale porcelain skin, honestly its so suitable for me. ın addition to this I have oily skin with acne problem, this didnt maked my face more oily or dont caused my face to have more acne like murad's stf. ı am very happy and ı will use it forever. if chanel stops its producing, ı will be so sad.
thanks so much chanel and people who revieved and suggest this product.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2008 4:57:00 PM More reviews by erskimo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is a superb little product. Although the smell is at first overpowering, this disappears quite quickly. The white liquid absorbs quickly, giving a smooth, matte finish. I bought this primarily for the UV protection but it's actually an excellent make-up base. I would definitely rate it better that the others in my ( all too large) collection: Larua Mercier, Trish McEvoy, Mac.