October 1, 2014 | 1159 users online

Sunscreen - Chanel - UV Essentiel Protective UV Care Anti Pollution SPF 50

rated 4 of 5 on 9/17/2009 1:10:00 PM More reviews by ombre39

i have extremely oily skin that goes shiny after 30 mins but this is the only sunscreen i've tried so far that doesnt make me shiny!

it is very light & actually brightens my skin a bit by leaving a slight whit film on my face. however,im beginning to think this sunscreen is also the reson why my pores are getting blocked more often these days...im not 100% sure yet but usually around dinner time my face feels quite uncomfortable. when i gently run my nails on my face there seems to be 'black' dirty stuff left in my fingernails...if feels like all the dead skin cells,oil & dirt stuck together. when i used dr hauschka sunscreen i didnthave the same problem but i had a very oily face. I guess no product is perfect since this sunscreen has oil absorbing properties. my face is very protected from the sun from the high spf & although the bottle is tiny but it last a very long time.

if i can find an alternative that is equally as good minus the pore blocking i will change my sunscreen but for now,....i will still stick to this sunscreen ^^

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2009 8:08:00 PM More reviews by valentina555

this is super-concentrated, and feels like NOTHING on your face. holy grail.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/8/2009 8:50:00 PM More reviews by stopthesmap

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

*EDIT* I am changing this review to 4 stars because I have found my new HG sunscreen: IQQU Beaty's Advance Sunscreen SPF 35. It seems to dry to a much nicer powdery finish than the Chanel did.

I have owned this sunscreen for around 8 months, but have only just made it work on my skin. Previously, I would apply it after letting my Mario Badescu Buttermilk Moisturiser dry, but then I'd end up with a feint white cast and a heavy feel on my skin. Those days, I couldn't to rush home and wash it off!

However, for me to use this little miracle in a bottle - I now put one part moisturiser to one part UV Essentiel in my palm and mix it together and apply it to my skin whilst it's still a little bit damp. It works amazingly! My skin looks flawless and matte and I know that it's being protected from the sun.

On a side note, during summer I once went to the beach and forgot my body sunscreen... I really didn't want to waste this, but put it on sparingly, and to my surprise I didn't even go pink in those areas even though it was the hottest day on record!

So, yes it is very expensive and I have been thinking about buying a cheaper sunscreen... but the product is of true quality and after searching for so long for a product that leaves me with a good finish - I don't want to try anything else

rated 4 of 5 on 3/10/2009 3:33:00 AM More reviews by daphneannigje

this product is really good. good protection, doesn`t make my skin greasy or anything. it`s expensive but will last you a long time. the one thing i`ve noticed is that if I do not use daycream, ik makes my skin very dry. but i live in a cold climate, maybe thats part of it too.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2009 12:06:00 AM More reviews by kikidaisy

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Excellent sunscreen. The best I've tried so far. A little goes far, and it absorbs easily and makes a great primer for foundation or powder. My skin still feels a little tight sometimes, but all sunscreens make my skin feel tight for some reason, and this one feels the least tight. I like the packaging, I will repurchase if I ran out.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2009 8:06:00 AM More reviews by sirtaki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

its the most beaitiful sun protection for face ı have ever used.I used shiseido, clinique, dermatoligica and murad. I can honestly say shiseido is the best, and murad is the worst face protection before ı met this.
I learned this while ı was searching this web site to find better stf for my face and ı was thinking to buy sisley your rewievs changed my obinion and ı bought this a week ago.
at first it has 50++ factor and ı have so pale porcelain skin, honestly its so suitable for me. ın addition to this I have oily skin with acne problem, this didnt maked my face more oily or dont caused my face to have more acne like murad's stf. ı am very happy and ı will use it forever. if chanel stops its producing, ı will be so sad.
thanks so much chanel and people who revieved and suggest this product.

6 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2008 4:57:00 PM More reviews by erskimo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

this is a superb little product. Although the smell is at first overpowering, this disappears quite quickly. The white liquid absorbs quickly, giving a smooth, matte finish. I bought this primarily for the UV protection but it's actually an excellent make-up base. I would definitely rate it better that the others in my ( all too large) collection: Larua Mercier, Trish McEvoy, Mac.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2008 5:05:00 AM More reviews by korina25

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

great sunscreen product.it has matte finish non oily effect no white cast effect and excellent make up base.gives high proctection uvb 50 and uva +++ which is the highest.doesn't irritate skinand has the most cute little package.price is steep but worths the money.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/30/2007 2:50:00 AM More reviews by ayu_adams

I have a love/hate relationship with this stuff.. It has given me a few small outbreaks because of its alcohol content, but it has also helped whiten my face and reduce acne scars! I put this on every morning after my Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel and it gives my face a nice semi-matte glow.. I use it even on days when I'm having some outbreaks and I realized that when the outbreaks heal they leave a much lighter scar than before I was using this. I like the fact that it protects my skin not just from the sun but also from other enviromental pollutions like air-con and air pollution from the roads. Overall I think this is a great face protector with whitening abilities. It's small and expensive but I would repurchase coz it lasts long for a 30ml. I didn't need to slab on the lotion, just a small amount is enough to spread across my whole face. Texture-wise, it's nice and liquidy and doesn't leave a white cast if you care enough to blend the lotion on your face properly. I also love the little white rectangular bottle it comes in, makes it compact enough to put in my small bag, and it's leak-proof. It's also a great make up base and my cream foundation gildes on easily afterwards. 5 stars!!!

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2007 2:08:00 AM More reviews by mjacqueline

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was using Dior before and wanted to try something new. While Dior was creamy this comes out as a whitish liquid. You need to shake the container first before squeezing it out. It is easily absorbed, doesn't give a whitish cast and dries to a nice matt finish. I have oily skin and this doesn't make me oily. It works great as a makeup base, I put this under my MAC MSF in Natural and just love the finish. I like that it is multi purpose, it helps whitens, protects my face from both the sun and from the environment. What more can I ask for. Thumbs up!

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No