April 20, 2014 | 1618 users online

Loose Powders - Chanel - Poudre Universelle Libre Natural Finish Loose Powder

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/3/2012 3:48:00 PM More reviews by JasmineJolene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really love this powder. I don't generally buy HE powders as I have found that the 1.99 one I get from Boots is almost identical to the Clinique loose powder so dropping the extra cash didn't seem worth it.
I decided to treat myself to this though, and I'm glad I did. It is the finest texture I have ever used, which is good for my oily nose and large pores. It is a good colour match - but then translucent powder normally is! I think the pot it comes in is lovely, although a bit cumbersome for travel. I prefer the puff that it comes with it to the brush the Clinique one comes with.
All in all, if I'm feeling flush I would buy this again. Otherwise, my 1.99 powder is perfectly adequate.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/3/2012 9:01:00 AM More reviews by Remarkable

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Grey

My mother used to use this powder all the time and I had no idea what a treasure she possessed until I bought it in January. I knew she used it every single day and it was enough for her for 1 and a half year! I love this powder. It is invisible but it gives me radiance and fixes my foundation for a long time. It is not very good for touch ups as it really needs the foundation to stick to but it makes me beautiful for a long workday. During the day I prefer my Chanel pressed powder for touch ups. The packaging is exquisite, but I prefer using my own Chanel powder brush for the application. I will keep buying this product until its discontinuation or the end of my life.... :-)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2012 1:31:00 PM More reviews by mashalli

ok so I love this powder, it gives you such a flawless face but the shade that the MA suggested and i bought so does not match my skin, it gives me a sort of a tan look when i am going for a natural look and it looks like i am wearing bronzer all over my face. The shade Dore is too dark for my skin. I dont know what i should do to make it look more natural-any suggestions? Someone said that there isnt much difference between the shades so maybe this shade is ok? If anyone has this powder in shade natural and would like to swap; this is more for people with medium/darker skin. I just opend mine so i cant take it back to change the colour so i would only swap with someone who haven't used theirs that many times (max 5x use).

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2012 5:00:00 AM More reviews by catdeluxe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

The greatest loose powder ever! I love it's consistency, application and finish - all of this make it the best loose powder out there for me! I have it in #20 Clair and it makes wonderful complexion. Highly recommended!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 9:41:00 PM More reviews by cec233

This is one of my two favourite powder (the other one being Guerlain Meteorites). This powder does an excellent job of settling my makeup; while it gives me a more made up look than Meteorites, it does make my skin tone looks more even. I use a powder brush instead of the puff - I put some powder into a sandwich bag, dip the brush into it and dust off the excess before applying the powder to my face. The powder seems to disappear after an hour after application and my skin just looks naturally beautiful. Will definitely repurchase again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/3/2012 12:39:00 PM More reviews by rose1280

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

HG status! Of the very many loose powders I've tried, Chanel's Poudre Universelle has got to be the best. It is so exqusitely fine-milled & as light as air, setting your make-up perfectly. Light-reflecting particles give a radiant, air-brushed look & blurs imperfections. I sometimes get dry patches on my skin & it never accentuates them like some other powders do. Same goes for fine lines - it doesnt settle into them but instead seems to subtly fill them out. As for shine control, I only need to blot once throughout the day, but oily types may need to more often. Some say the puff is useless but I think it's perfect for dispensing the right amount of product each time. I just tip the jar upside down to release the product onto the puff & then pat it on my face. I repeat this process a few times to cover my whole face & then finish off with a quick dust of my powder brush to smooth it all in. Works perfect everytime & uses hardly any product. It may seem pricey at first but the jar will last you ages! Definately worth every penny. A luxurious product that truly works. Definately will buy again & again (although a jar lasts me over a year) :)

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2012 12:35:00 AM More reviews by princza

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I having been using this product since I was 14 btw I'm now 18. It is very natural looking. I usually wear this as a finshing powder or for touch ups throughout the day. This product lasts a long time.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/20/2011 8:04:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

After much trial and tribulation, I have finally found my HG loose powder! Chanel's Poudre Universalle Libre is a very fine powder that melts into your skin, giving a soft-focus/blurred effect in photos as well as in real life. While the color range could stand to be improved the color I *do* have (40 Dore / Translucent 3) is translucent and neither leaves a white or orange cast to my skin. Staying power is decent, and you'll need to touch up 4-5ish hours later, but the effect as it wears off is dewy rather than shiny. Thanks to this and Chanel's Perfection Lumiere (and a better skincare regiment) I've quit wearing concealer. Yes it's quite expensive, but the quality is definitely there. I buff in with a fluffy kabuki brush--I use Too Faced's retractable kabuki. HG and highly recommended!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2011 7:55:00 AM More reviews by Tuts311

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Green

So disgusted that i spent so much money on this product. I was expecting a lovely silky luxurious powder for the price I paid. Instead I got a horrible chalky feeling loose powder . I hate the feel of it on my skin . Its probably the worst powder I have ever bought or tried. I cant return cosmetics here so I am stuck with this horrible stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/26/2011 2:06:00 PM More reviews by Mashmash

I use (20:claire) Good for setting foundation. A bit too transparent to use alone.