December 19, 2014 | 1731 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Clinique - Redness Solutions Daily Protective Base

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/7/2008 8:14:00 AM More reviews by chanel277

This is a light green mouse like product.Does not contain any chemical sunscreens,Has a green tint to help conceal redness.It is oil free,and wears well under my make up.This product cost me 22 euros and It comes in a 40 ml tube.It is a stable spf 15 with zinc oxide and titanium dioxide.I would like to see this formula but with a higher spf.I have very sensitive oily skin and Its impossible to wear sunscreen with chemical ingredients specially with oxybenzone and this one Its the only choice I have plus the fact that It is oil free.The only negative think that I can thing about this product is that Its a bit oily for my super oily skin during the summer

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/6/2008 7:27:00 PM More reviews by MRSLE

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I got this as a sample at Nordstrom. I have used Physican's Formula gentle cover green stick with SPF 15 for maybe 12 years and thought I would try this. My skin just doesn't like it. After a few minutes my face burned but I left it on and now later in the day I feel greasy and my skin looks red and upset. This product is not for me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/30/2008 11:46:00 PM More reviews by luluhalabaloo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

What a terrific product. It goes on smoothly, doesn't move around or disappear, and mutes the red to a nice blush tone. It won't completely cover red as it is not a conceler, but it definitely takes the sharpness of the red away and mutes it softly down. My makeup went on fine, and the SPF is physical so I am not irritated by the sunscreen. I don't lake the rest of the line much, but this product is a keeper.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2008 2:25:00 AM More reviews by lynbird

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This came with the Redness Solutions kit which also included the cleanser and daily relief cream. All of the products have been working well for me, but this stuff really is to be commended. I've used green-tinted primers before, but a) they didn't have an spf and/or b) they were way too heavy and greasy. This primer is not heavy at all and it's not greasy. It makes a real difference in my redness. It's not a miracle product - there is still some redness, but it's reduced quite a bit. I will definitely be repurchasing.
EDIT: Since I started using this product, I've seen a huge decrease in the amount of redness. It really is an everyday product for me now.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2008 11:41:00 AM More reviews by boscoe7777

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a light green cream which I found to be a bit pasty. I used it under the Redness Relief Cream and I did not like the pale cast over my face. The slight redness I have was reduced but I would have preferred a more moisturizing cream. Will return this product to Clinique.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2008 8:45:00 PM More reviews by cyndita0414

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Does not contain any chemical suncreens, and doesn't feel sticky on your skin (it doesn't disappear though, I would say it feels like having a moisturizer on). Has a green tint to help conceal redness. I've only used it once so I can't say it's a wonder product, but as my ultra-sensitive skin can't handle most chemical sunscreens, I was super happy to find another mineral-sunscreen-only option. For reference, I have slightly dry, fair skin with neutral-cool undertones + moderate rosacea. (See previous review for ingredients.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2008 12:09:00 PM More reviews by jln7124

Love, love this product. I debated between this and the daily relief cream, but the clinique consultant recommended I tried this before I bought the pricier cream. I put this on after I cleanse and moisturize but not necessarily before I put make up on. However, you definitely could use this as a primer. It stays put, but is not too thick or heavy. The consistency is very nice and feels good on the skin. For the price, this multipurpose primer is fab!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2008 2:51:00 PM More reviews by autumn95

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I gave this a 5 based on a gentle oil free sunscreen that is stable. I have oily sensitive skin and this wears well under my mineral makeup. (Also posted under clinique Primer)
I paid $21.50 cdn during a GWP. This is a 40 ml tube.
I do like the sunscreen protection in this product. It is a stable spf 15 with zinc oxide and titanium dioxide as the actives. The green tint is sheer and does help to diffuse redness. It is oil-free and absorbs under the skin and does well under my mineral makeup. I think this is a good sunscreen choice for sensitive skin especially those who can't wear sunscreen. Personally I would like to see a higher spf. This is something I will use in the winter only when I tend to be more blotchy/redness and can get by with a lower spf. I would like to see this formula but without the green tint so I can apply freely on back of hands, neck etc. It does not ball up like the Clinque City Block spf 40 tends to do (but I still like CSB 40 - see review)
INGREDIENTS AS FROM EMAIL INQUIRY FROM CLINIQUE***
phytosphingosine [] sodium stearate [] magnesium aluminum silicate []
caprylyl glycol [] isopropyl titanium triisostearate [] stearic acid []
hexylene glycol [] xanthan gum [] citric acid [] disodium edta [] bht []
phenoxyethanol [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) [] chromium
hydroxide green (ci 77289)

15 out of 15 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2008 2:42:00 PM More reviews by autumn95

I paid $21.50 cdn during a GWP. 40 ml tube.
INGREDIENTS AS FROM EMAIL INQUIRY FROM CLINIQUE***

phytosphingosine [] sodium stearate [] magnesium aluminum silicate []
caprylyl glycol [] isopropyl titanium triisostearate [] stearic acid []
hexylene glycol [] xanthan gum [] citric acid [] disodium edta [] bht []
phenoxyethanol [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) [] chromium
hydroxide green (ci 77289)

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/25/2008 10:55:00 AM More reviews by Tanja1801

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great make up base if you are suffering from a red skin. So gentle to your face! First I was afried of the green color, had some experience with cheaper green makeup base creames and they didn't blend that well. This product does. It doesn't really conceals it, but it protects your skin very well. After a few week of use I can really tell the difference!
Tanja