Clinique Redness Solutions Daily Protective Base

3.1

active ingredients: titanium dioxide 6.40% [] zinc oxide 2.00% ingredients: water\aqua\eau [] trioctyldodecyl citrate [] cyclopentasiloxane [] butylene glycol [] c12-15 alkyl benzoate [] steareth-2 [] stearyl dimethicone [] tricaprylyl citrate [] silica [] barium sulfate [] lecithin [] sorbitan tristearate [] aluminum stearate [] sea whip extract [] glyceryl stearate [] tocopheryl acetate [] peg-100 stearate [] sucrose [] pantethine [] caffeine [] octyldodecyl neopentanoate [] ceteth-2 [] peg-40 stearate [] dimethicone [] cetearyl alcohol [] glycosaminoglycans [] peg/ppg-18/18 dimethicone [] steareth-20 [] bisabolol [] magnesium ascorbyl phosphate [] polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate [] phytosphingosine [] sodium stearate [] magnesium aluminum silicate [] caprylyl glycol [] isopropyl titanium triisostearate [] stearic acid [] hexylene glycol [] xanthan gum [] citric acid [] disodium edta [] bht [] phenoxyethanol [] iron oxides (ci 77491, ci 77492, ci 77499) [] chromium hydroxide green (ci 77289)

This did not work well for me. I have hyperpigmentation in my cheeks and it did not reduce the redness. I am better off with a green tinted concealer.
If you don't have horrible redness this would probably work well.
It also seemed to make my skin look paler.
It isn't that great of a makeup primer for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I really wanted to love this for so may reasons. I am super pale and my skin can get really red so this was very attractive to me. I am always on the lookout for a new primer that can help control the oil and not break me out. This goes on like a moisturizer than gets super greasy in less than an hour or two. It made me very oily (oiler than usual in fact). It did nothing for the redness. I also didn't like the way it felt on my freshly scrubbed face. When you are oily like me and your skin is nice and clean, you want a fresh matte feeling before putting on make up because you know that the oil will come eventually. Well this looked and felt oily even before I put my foundation on (bad sign).

I was super oily in only a couple of hours and it just felt greasy. I think this might be a nice product for someone with dryer skin. If you are oily, good luck! I don't need a product that only adds to my oil problem and this totally did. I even used a powder over it one day when I was home not wearing any makeup (thinking maybe then it wouldn't get so oily), but my face looked cakey and oily within a couple of hours (and most powders will not do that over other primers I've tried THIS fast). I love that it's in a tube and made by Clinique because their stuff always smells so clinical and fresh, but this product did nothing for me. I can't imagine this working for any oily skins out there, but if it does more power to you. This was a disappointment for me (and whatever you do, if you are oily at all, don't use moisturizer AND this product together or you will be blotting every few minutes)!

I got a sample of this and liked it enough to buy it. I don't have severe redness with my rosacea, so I think my expectations were not reasonable for what it would do for me. I do have to give it about 5 minutes to sink in well before using foundation. I seem to use less foundation and my skin looks fresher and brighter. I have even gotten compliments on my skin when I wear this.

I would recommend it if you don't have severe redness. It isn't a concealer. But it feels good on my skin, seems to help my makeup look better and last longer. I also like the sunscreen, even if it is a little low, it's more than I was using before. So many suncreens just burn.

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I have mild rosacea and thread veins around my nose plus a blotchy chin area. While this green base did not sink into my pores, there was no redness reduction. It did not do anything at all for me.

I got the Daily Protective Base as part of a set containing the cleanser and the daily moisturizer, and I think this is by far the best product in Clinique's Redness Solutions line. I have mild rosacea, which gives my nose area the typical sun-burnt look, and I have found that the green tint and light consistency of this primer help diffuse some of the redness (if not all of it) without looking obvious. Unlike other reviewers, I am not too concerned about the rather low SPF15. I always wear this primer under Clinique's Super City Block SPF40, whose thick consistency and light beige tint also help diffusing redness and blemishes. I will definitely repurchase.
UPDATE: In the end I decided to do away with camouflage products like this and full-coverage foundation and spend my hard-earned cash on laser treatments, which actually work on redness and rosacea. After a couple of sessions there is still a hint of redness, but I can now finally wear tinted moisturisers and sheer foundations, yay!

I use this as a fall/winter sunscreen if my skin is not too dry. I need to use a non-chemical sunscreen and this one does reduce the redness, but does not work well with my foundations. But, as one reviewer noted, this works well if you do not require a lot of makeup. I used this mostly on the weekends if I were just out and about running errands. It is pricy for casual use, so I am not sure I'll repurchase.

I really like this product. The green is ok...it lessens the redness slightly. However, the real benefit of RSDPB is that it is a nonchemical sunscreen that is NOT sticky, white, or too heavy. I agree I would like to see a higher SPF, but at least I know I WILL wear this everyday.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is a light green mouse like product.Does not contain any chemical sunscreens,Has a green tint to help conceal redness.It is oil free,and wears well under my make up.This product cost me 22 euros and It comes in a 40 ml tube.It is a stable spf 15 with zinc oxide and titanium dioxide.I would like to see this formula but with a higher spf.I have very sensitive oily skin and Its impossible to wear sunscreen with chemical ingredients specially with oxybenzone and this one Its the only choice I have plus the fact that It is oil free.The only negative think that I can thing about this product is that Its a bit oily for my super oily skin during the summer

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

I got this as a sample at Nordstrom. I have used Physican's Formula gentle cover green stick with SPF 15 for maybe 12 years and thought I would try this. My skin just doesn't like it. After a few minutes my face burned but I left it on and now later in the day I feel greasy and my skin looks red and upset. This product is not for me.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

What a terrific product. It goes on smoothly, doesn't move around or disappear, and mutes the red to a nice blush tone. It won't completely cover red as it is not a conceler, but it definitely takes the sharpness of the red away and mutes it softly down. My makeup went on fine, and the SPF is physical so I am not irritated by the sunscreen. I don't lake the rest of the line much, but this product is a keeper.

Popular Primer/ Correctors