Rosewater

4.5

Vor-Mag Water (water that has been vortexed and magnetized to raise the energy to a higher vibration that we believe to be more beneficial) and Hydroessential Rose Oil.

I use flower water and herbal tea as a toner. It is affordable, simple, gentle on the skin and all natural. I must have saved a fortune since I switched to a more natural skincare (pure plant oils & butters, EOs, herbs, flower water, clays, etc...) and it also saved my skin! Now let me tell you specifically about rosewater. I'm talking about alcohol-free, genuine rosewater. There are some good cheap versions to be found and some not as good, but if you're aiming for best quality, then organic is the way to go. It is still pretty affordable compared with drugstore toners.
Rosewater, when used as a toner acts calming and feels incredibly gentle and refreshing. It is such a treat to use after a long, busy day, after I remove makeup, but also in the morning before applying moisturizer.
I keep some in an old spray (glass) bottle- and just spray on my face, or all over my body, right after shower. (this leaves my bathrobe smelling divine!)
Rosewater can also be used as a (final) hair rinse if you want your hair to smell like roses. I use the cheaper type for this. :)
(ps. If you're in Europe, akamuti.co.uk has a nice selection of organic flower water, including rosewater)

on 4/19/2010 9:08:00 AM

Rosewater has always been products i wanted to try.
I finally got mine from Sukin (an Australian brand).

I can't say if its PURE rosewater as the ingredients consists of "Chamomile extract, rosewater, glycerin and aqua".

I use this as a face refreshener and sometimes a toner as well. It does not have any effect on my skin (in terms of balancing or moisturising). However, i must say that the scent is just beautiful and is refreshing too !

Perhaps I'll look out for PURE rosewater after this bottle finishes.

on 4/2/2010 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

I've been using this every day for several years as a toner before moisturizing (I also use a good SPF), and I am really starting to notice the difference in my skin compared to some people I know who are the same age as me. I REALLY recommend this. The spray pump is pretty durable, so you can buy the larger size and refill several times.

It also works great in homemade masks, for wet-setting powder makeups, and as a hair refresher.

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I am a lover of mineral makeup and I have noticed that as I grow older, my mineral foundation nether wears as well nor does it last as long as it used to Ė this is chalked up to my skin not being as naturally moisturizing as it was in my 20s and early 30s. Thus, I went on a quest on how to extend the wear of mineral foundation and I came across the wet method, so my next step was to find a mist to use and since I am always on the hunt for a bargain, I didnít even consider using MAC Fix+ ($18 for 3.4oz.) or MUFE Mist & Fix ($27 for 4.22 oz.) because I know the key ingredient in both mists is glycerin. Also, I am quite hesitant to put any chemicals on my skin so I wanted a more homeopathic option. Thus, I discovered Heritage Rosewater & Glycerin Mist which is similar to MAC Fix+ and MUFE Mist & Fix except it has all natural ingredients (water, vegetable glycerin and rose oil) and only costs $5 for an 8oz. bottle from my local Whole Foods Market.

I use this product for everything, simply everything: to apply and set my mineral foundation; to refresh my skin in warm humid weather; as facial toner to refresh my face in general; as a body & hair mist; to refresh my upholstered furniture, bed sheets, drapery/curtains, clothing, carpets & rugs (think, natural Fabreeze). The best thing about this product is that after using it for several months, my skin is once again as supple, smooth and moisturized as it was when I was younger and this is mostly due to this wonderful HG product which has earned a permanent place in my skin care & makeup regimes. This product deserves 10 lippies and is HIGHLY recommended.

I spray this on my yoga mat and after I've been sweating and it's pretty snazzy

I use Heritage Rose Petals Rosewater from my local green grocer. They carry this brand at Whole Foods and at most "natural" food stores.

Alone, this simple formula seems to calm the skin. I have some redness and get dehydrated from Retin-A. I usually wash, add a few drops of SkinCeuticals HA serum, and then, about 20 minutes later, put a few drops of this on my clean hands and lightly spread over my face. In seconds, my skin feels normalized and softer. It's almost magic. The shine and tightness of cleansing and dehydration seems to disappear. I can't wait to get fresh order of glycerin and add this to the routine.

I have decided that I am going to mix the Rosewater with a bit of glycerin, distilled water, cucumber extract, and Witch Hazel (organic and low alchohol) in a spray bottle.

I've used glycerin/water combo before with success, but really needed to highly dilute to have the right effect. It was somewhat skickey,though, and often needed to add water.. Noticed that all of the commercial moisturizers that work for my skin have glycerin in them (low concentrations) as well as plant extracts. The rosewater seems to be the key ingredient to make the glycerin work. Have found a good moisturizer in the MD Formulations line (Antioxidant lotion) but would like a plain moisturizing base before applying my retinoid.

I remember my Grandmother using Rosewater and Glycerin. She was from the Old Country and had lovely, clear skin even when over 80 years old. Ok, so she used Noxema. Maybe it was different in those days...like I hear about the Ponds. But the major thing was the Rosewater and Glycerin to keep her skin hydrated. Will try her time-tested remedy.

on 1/16/2010 12:43:00 AM

as a toner, rosewater did little to nothing for me, unfortunately. to make matters worse, it even started to break me out! :(

what i *do* like about rosewater, however, is the capability to use it as a facial mister. on hot days, it's the greatest way to freshen up your face without messing up your makeup :)

on 1/16/2010 12:29:00 AM

Lovely product! I got a big bottle from the local ethnic grocery shop and decanted into a travel sized spray bottle.

I use it in 3 ways.

*as a toner
*as a refresher when travelling or on hot days
*over my mineral makeup to set

Smells beautiful and is calming and gentle on my skin. Amazingly cheap. Will repurchase.

on 11/21/2009 6:14:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

In the morning my skin looks very shiny from oil, I wash my face then apply pure Rosewater as tonic, then moisturizer. The combination creates the best base for make up. My skin has been getting smoother and shinier each day.

on 11/20/2009 8:22:00 PM

I love this, it made my face feeling refreshed and moist. the smell, is FABULOUS, it smells so good and fresh. I love it, I bought it at Whole Foods for like $5, I will buy it again as soon as I am finished with the first bottle. By the way, I have normal combination skin.