September 18, 2014 | 1015 users online

Toners - Rosewater

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2010 9:03:00 PM More reviews by Rachelesque

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I've been using this every day for several years as a toner before moisturizing (I also use a good SPF), and I am really starting to notice the difference in my skin compared to some people I know who are the same age as me. I REALLY recommend this. The spray pump is pretty durable, so you can buy the larger size and refill several times.

It also works great in homemade masks, for wet-setting powder makeups, and as a hair refresher.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2010 8:33:00 AM More reviews by loverofmineralmakeup

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I am a lover of mineral makeup and I have noticed that as I grow older, my mineral foundation nether wears as well nor does it last as long as it used to Ė this is chalked up to my skin not being as naturally moisturizing as it was in my 20s and early 30s. Thus, I went on a quest on how to extend the wear of mineral foundation and I came across the wet method, so my next step was to find a mist to use and since I am always on the hunt for a bargain, I didnít even consider using MAC Fix+ ($18 for 3.4oz.) or MUFE Mist & Fix ($27 for 4.22 oz.) because I know the key ingredient in both mists is glycerin. Also, I am quite hesitant to put any chemicals on my skin so I wanted a more homeopathic option. Thus, I discovered Heritage Rosewater & Glycerin Mist which is similar to MAC Fix+ and MUFE Mist & Fix except it has all natural ingredients (water, vegetable glycerin and rose oil) and only costs $5 for an 8oz. bottle from my local Whole Foods Market.

I use this product for everything, simply everything: to apply and set my mineral foundation; to refresh my skin in warm humid weather; as facial toner to refresh my face in general; as a body & hair mist; to refresh my upholstered furniture, bed sheets, drapery/curtains, clothing, carpets & rugs (think, natural Fabreeze). The best thing about this product is that after using it for several months, my skin is once again as supple, smooth and moisturized as it was when I was younger and this is mostly due to this wonderful HG product which has earned a permanent place in my skin care & makeup regimes. This product deserves 10 lippies and is HIGHLY recommended.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2010 10:22:00 PM More reviews by BreakfastnDinner

I spray this on my yoga mat and after I've been sweating and it's pretty snazzy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2010 10:03:00 PM More reviews by coloredpencils

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use Heritage Rose Petals Rosewater from my local green grocer. They carry this brand at Whole Foods and at most "natural" food stores.

Alone, this simple formula seems to calm the skin. I have some redness and get dehydrated from Retin-A. I usually wash, add a few drops of SkinCeuticals HA serum, and then, about 20 minutes later, put a few drops of this on my clean hands and lightly spread over my face. In seconds, my skin feels normalized and softer. It's almost magic. The shine and tightness of cleansing and dehydration seems to disappear. I can't wait to get fresh order of glycerin and add this to the routine.

I have decided that I am going to mix the Rosewater with a bit of glycerin, distilled water, cucumber extract, and Witch Hazel (organic and low alchohol) in a spray bottle.

I've used glycerin/water combo before with success, but really needed to highly dilute to have the right effect. It was somewhat skickey,though, and often needed to add water.. Noticed that all of the commercial moisturizers that work for my skin have glycerin in them (low concentrations) as well as plant extracts. The rosewater seems to be the key ingredient to make the glycerin work. Have found a good moisturizer in the MD Formulations line (Antioxidant lotion) but would like a plain moisturizing base before applying my retinoid.

I remember my Grandmother using Rosewater and Glycerin. She was from the Old Country and had lovely, clear skin even when over 80 years old. Ok, so she used Noxema. Maybe it was different in those days...like I hear about the Ponds. But the major thing was the Rosewater and Glycerin to keep her skin hydrated. Will try her time-tested remedy.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2010 12:43:00 AM More reviews by misakiichii

as a toner, rosewater did little to nothing for me, unfortunately. to make matters worse, it even started to break me out! :(

what i *do* like about rosewater, however, is the capability to use it as a facial mister. on hot days, it's the greatest way to freshen up your face without messing up your makeup :)

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2010 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Kgrrrl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Lovely product! I got a big bottle from the local ethnic grocery shop and decanted into a travel sized spray bottle.

I use it in 3 ways.

*as a toner
*as a refresher when travelling or on hot days
*over my mineral makeup to set

Smells beautiful and is calming and gentle on my skin. Amazingly cheap. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2009 6:14:00 PM More reviews by bawangbieji

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

In the morning my skin looks very shiny from oil, I wash my face then apply pure Rosewater as tonic, then moisturizer. The combination creates the best base for make up. My skin has been getting smoother and shinier each day.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2009 8:22:00 PM More reviews by 247swimchick9

I love this, it made my face feeling refreshed and moist. the smell, is FABULOUS, it smells so good and fresh. I love it, I bought it at Whole Foods for like $5, I will buy it again as soon as I am finished with the first bottle. By the way, I have normal combination skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2009 8:38:00 PM More reviews by makeuplover2009

I have used this product since 2007 and love it still. I bought mine at whole food market. I spray over my normal makeup. 1 note; I do not use liquid foundation nor any makeup. I used MAC NC30 powder; and once I am done with my eyes makeup, I would give a spray for freshness and believe me, it does wonders for your skin. You feel refreshing.
Good product. I will continue to use it. If you can get it at a whole food market, if you don't like, they will take it back even if used. I have not return mine ;).
Just my thoughts to share with you all.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2009 8:28:00 PM More reviews by emmgill

I really wanted to like this! This felt really soothing going on my skin. But it is highly fragranced and after awhile, I broke out :( Not good for my skin.