July 31, 2014 | 2058 users online

Toners - Rosewater

rated 3 of 5 on 1/21/2010 10:22:00 PM More reviews by BreakfastnDinner

I spray this on my yoga mat and after I've been sweating and it's pretty snazzy

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2010 10:03:00 PM More reviews by coloredpencils

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I use Heritage Rose Petals Rosewater from my local green grocer. They carry this brand at Whole Foods and at most "natural" food stores.

Alone, this simple formula seems to calm the skin. I have some redness and get dehydrated from Retin-A. I usually wash, add a few drops of SkinCeuticals HA serum, and then, about 20 minutes later, put a few drops of this on my clean hands and lightly spread over my face. In seconds, my skin feels normalized and softer. It's almost magic. The shine and tightness of cleansing and dehydration seems to disappear. I can't wait to get fresh order of glycerin and add this to the routine.

I have decided that I am going to mix the Rosewater with a bit of glycerin, distilled water, cucumber extract, and Witch Hazel (organic and low alchohol) in a spray bottle.

I've used glycerin/water combo before with success, but really needed to highly dilute to have the right effect. It was somewhat skickey,though, and often needed to add water.. Noticed that all of the commercial moisturizers that work for my skin have glycerin in them (low concentrations) as well as plant extracts. The rosewater seems to be the key ingredient to make the glycerin work. Have found a good moisturizer in the MD Formulations line (Antioxidant lotion) but would like a plain moisturizing base before applying my retinoid.

I remember my Grandmother using Rosewater and Glycerin. She was from the Old Country and had lovely, clear skin even when over 80 years old. Ok, so she used Noxema. Maybe it was different in those days...like I hear about the Ponds. But the major thing was the Rosewater and Glycerin to keep her skin hydrated. Will try her time-tested remedy.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 1/16/2010 12:43:00 AM More reviews by misakiichii

as a toner, rosewater did little to nothing for me, unfortunately. to make matters worse, it even started to break me out! :(

what i *do* like about rosewater, however, is the capability to use it as a facial mister. on hot days, it's the greatest way to freshen up your face without messing up your makeup :)

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2010 12:29:00 AM More reviews by Kgrrrl77

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Lovely product! I got a big bottle from the local ethnic grocery shop and decanted into a travel sized spray bottle.

I use it in 3 ways.

*as a toner
*as a refresher when travelling or on hot days
*over my mineral makeup to set

Smells beautiful and is calming and gentle on my skin. Amazingly cheap. Will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/21/2009 6:14:00 PM More reviews by bawangbieji

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

In the morning my skin looks very shiny from oil, I wash my face then apply pure Rosewater as tonic, then moisturizer. The combination creates the best base for make up. My skin has been getting smoother and shinier each day.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2009 8:22:00 PM More reviews by 247swimchick9

I love this, it made my face feeling refreshed and moist. the smell, is FABULOUS, it smells so good and fresh. I love it, I bought it at Whole Foods for like $5, I will buy it again as soon as I am finished with the first bottle. By the way, I have normal combination skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/27/2009 8:38:00 PM More reviews by makeuplover2009

I have used this product since 2007 and love it still. I bought mine at whole food market. I spray over my normal makeup. 1 note; I do not use liquid foundation nor any makeup. I used MAC NC30 powder; and once I am done with my eyes makeup, I would give a spray for freshness and believe me, it does wonders for your skin. You feel refreshing.
Good product. I will continue to use it. If you can get it at a whole food market, if you don't like, they will take it back even if used. I have not return mine ;).
Just my thoughts to share with you all.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/27/2009 8:28:00 PM More reviews by emmgill

I really wanted to like this! This felt really soothing going on my skin. But it is highly fragranced and after awhile, I broke out :( Not good for my skin.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/21/2009 9:26:00 PM More reviews by TeeCube

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I get my rosewater from Holiday Market in Canton, MI. It's $1.99 for a 10 fl oz bottle, and it's from Lebanon. It has no color. I put it in a small spritz bottle with a bit of glycerine, and mist my face with it whenever it feels dry, or when I just need to freshen up. It's lovely. Very strongly scented too. Nice. The scent lingers.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/15/2009 8:06:00 PM More reviews by XoXoSinCity

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm glad I'm not the only one in LOOOVE with this amazing natural toner. I have been switching a lot of my skincare routine to natural items, as much as I can. Still need some mainstream products for deep exfoliation etc. I have used so many different toners in my lifetime and never really have run across one that is worth the price and lasts. I have really clog prone skin so sadly unless I use a toner I don't feel comfortable ven though my cleanser is amazing. I used to buy high end toners and put them in spray bottles to make them last longer. Recently I have been using a bunch of natural toners, have tried rose witch hazel etc but this is my favorite product. Love that it already comes in a great spray bottle with the perfect fine misting power (as in won't mase your eye out lol). I love the natural rose scent and rose water in that it is so versatile and can be used in homemade skincare recipes, food, etc etc. I can't say I use this on a cotton pad to rub over my face unless I have had a reaction to a peel or something as rose water is so healing adn the perfect thing to calm your skin down so for people with sensitive skin this is a msut as well. I love using this mainly as a refresher and I sapry it on my face every morning and night before I apply my moisturizer to my slightly damp skin which really helps everything sink in like a dream. Can't recommend this product more and it's super cheap! :)