Chanel No 5 Eau Premiere

4.3

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Love love love this perfume!!!! So fresh yet sophisticated. I've always appreciated the original, but it always overwhelmed me. Even if you don't like the original, give this one a try!!! And the packaging is so elegant!

Love, love, love this perfume. The original No. 5 may be a little too much for me but this is a beautiful fragrance. On my skin, this is not a powdery smell. Definitely not "old lady". My husband loves this. Even my kids comment on how nice I smell. This is something I would purchase again and again. It may just be my signature fragrance. I just hope they don't discontinue it. If there's a saks near you please go in and try it out. So many perfumes just don't smell right on me but this one is perfection. I layer this with the chanel No. 5 lotion or velvet body cream. That way it lasts all day. All day I find myself smelling my arm. It's that good.

Skin: Dry, Other, Warm

I'm not a big Chanel fan, and this starts off as a typical chypre, turns into a breezy, powdery fragrance, very stereotypical, nothing special on me at all, though pleasant. I'm not a big fan of this. Much more wearable than the original, I agree, but then again I don't like No. 5.

I find this to be much more wearable than the original Chanel No. 5, especially for us younger ladies. I've learned to appreciate the original, but I don't feel mature enough somehow to wear it, and it makes me slightly melancholy. I know Eau Premiere is made for daytime wear, but I find myself saving it for special occasions also, weddings, graduation parties, etc. Actually a great price for the huge bottle you get (is it a 2.5 oz. bottle for around $110?) but I've only bought a decant so far.

I was a little wary of trying Eau Premiere, as I love the original No 5 and firmly believe in the adage "If it ain't broke don't fix it". In this case though, I admit Chanel have created an absolute delight. Eau Premiere is softer, warmer and kinder than the original and I am falling more in love with this every time I wear it. It also lingers on my skin all day. The feel of No 5 is still there, but with Eau Premiere her smile finally reaches her eyes.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I'm not a fan of the original No. 5. It reminds me of something my grandmother would wear (actually my grandmother does wear it). The Eau Premiere is a much lighter version of it, and it smells so lovely, sweet and classic! I wear it everyday as my signature fragrance and highly recommend!

I'm a fan of the original No. 5 parfum and do not like Nicole Kidman in the least (especially when she started being used in the No. 5 advertisments). However, I wanted to judge this scent in isolation of those biases, taking into account that this "incarnation" of No. 5 might have no olfactory relation to the original. I took a carded sample vial of No. 5 Eau Premiere on vacation with me to a tropical country. I used it every morning for a week and each time I only got a vague scent of lemon flavoured hard candy -- it reminded me of a less fruity, less potent Dolce & Gabbana Light Blue -- that was gone by the time I had finished breakfast. So I guess my biases win: I won't be buying a bottle of this perfume, but I'm sure the masses will flock to it's sweet inoffensiveness. I prefer the boozy strength of the aldehydic No. 5 original in the EDT, parfum, or colonge (but not the EDP because that, being an "incarnation" of No. 5 created in the 80s, seems to have less note progression as it wears and it reminds me of an inferior Chanel Allure EDT).

smells nice but wayyy to strong for my taste. would wear this once in a blue moon/special event.

I really like this. I could never pull off the original No.5. It was just way too heavy for me. This is a much nicer version. Younger? It is still as sophisticated as the original. It makes me feel Womanly. Like I want to dress up in a gown and paint the town red. If that makes sense. It's a serious scent. But I would also wear it with jeans and a t-shirt.

I've been gravitating towards classic scents lately and this one is on my list of full sizes. There is just something about scents that ladies have worn generations before me. I feel like I'm carrying on tradition.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I have never cared for the original Chanel No 5 as I find it cloyingly floral - but when I read the first reviews on P'ville that this newer interpretation is different I was intrigued and tried it. And I have to agree, this is beautiful! Soft, well-blended with noticeable jasmine but the rest of the floral notes stay in the background so it never becomes overwhelming. I like it from first spray all the way to the drydown which is quite long lasting but the scent stays close. This makes Eau Premiere versatile and even office appropriate. I always liked Chanel's bottle design, classy and elegant. I got a 3.4 oz spray bottle, and will repurchase when I finish it. I will wear this in all seasons but I especially like it right now in late spring.

Popular Fragrances