November 26, 2014 | 1871 users online

Makeup Brushes - NARS - 27 - Yachiyo

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2010 3:38:00 AM More reviews by bebesoul

This is my one and only nars brush. I wanted this brush because I have a good amount of nars blushes and wanted to try it out. It is an EXPENSIVE brush! Its not that soft actually. It came with really nice packaging. It can be a bit scratchy but its bearable. I love the shape of the brush though! I often use the side of it to apply my blush and it applies really nicely. It's a really light weight brush which is great for traveling. I have a lot of blush brushes but I love this brush just because of its unique shape which makes blush application a breeze.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2010 12:34:00 PM More reviews by clandis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is the best blush brush i have ever used. It picks up the color perfectly and blends like a dream. It is expensive, so I hope it lasts.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2010 7:19:00 AM More reviews by TheGrynne

I've had this for about a year and it's my HG blush brush. The Kabuki Yachiyo brush is a multi-tasker, great for contouring, highlighting, or applying blush to the cheeks. It picks up the exact right about of powder when I use it with the NARS blushes. My brush shed a few bristles the first week I used it, but nothing since. I don't find it difficult to wash, although I try not to get the wisteria bound handle wet.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2010 9:22:00 AM More reviews by kewlhat

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is the best blush brush I've tried thus far. It is flat enough that it doesn't put my blush as one big blob of color (unlike other brushes I've tried), which makes it much easier to control. I do like that there isn't much of a need to buff the color in/around after I use this brush since it seems to deposit a good amount of color on the cheek. Darker blushes, however, do still require the buffing, mainly since the color is so concentrated, though, which doesn't have to do with the brush itself.

It is a little pricey and I've heard that Japonesque makes a very close dupe, though I haven't tried it for myself. The only negative I can find is that the thin handle fits a little awkwardly in my brush roll, but that isn't that big of a deal. Would definitely repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2010 6:29:00 PM More reviews by chanel2110

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've had this brush for a little over a year, and it is without a doubt my favorite blush brush. I do alternate between this brush and my Dior show blush brush, but I would say I use this 4/5 times. It's just perfect. The brush head is so cute, and the handle is so delicate and beautiful - unlike any other brush that I've ever seen.

I do have to say that I have ordered a backup/replacement, even though my original is just a year old. I have not treated this brush with the care that it deserves : / so I take full responsibility for the fact that it is not in the healthiest of conditions. I will not be so careless with my new brush! I ordered it off of the Nars website just to make sure I get the full authentic puppy.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2010 1:17:00 PM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Pure perfection: hair is soft and the shape of the brush is perfect to apply the powder in a natural way. It is the only blush brush that allows me to use Orgasm without looking OTT. Do not like the handle that much, but the hair is top quality, far better than Shu Uemura (too expensive considering it is made in China though).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2010 12:48:00 PM More reviews by rachelhal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had been rotating a MAC 129 brush, a Prescriptives cheek blush brush, and a Sephora mineral makeup blush brush and none of them were spectacular when it came to applying highly-pigmented NARS blushes. This NARS brush seems like it was made for NARS blushes - picks up the perfect amount of product and makes application so easy. I don't have to worry about blending like I do w/ my other brushes. I think the 129 will be better for less-pigmented blushes, but the NARS Yachiyo is worlds better for NARS blushes.
Also, it works great for applying highlighters, like Albatross.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2010 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Crump360

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great brush, I use it for blush, highlighter and bronzer. It is the perfect brush. It is also very pretty. The binding around the handle is very unique. I am sure most people will complain about how expensive it is, but really, what did you expect from NARS?

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2010 2:07:00 AM More reviews by rocksteady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this because of all the great reviews on MUA and youtube. So far I'm not blown away by the brush. I get the same application from other angled blush brushes and I don't find myself reaching for this one very often. It is a very soft brush I'll give it that. Not disappointed that I bought it but would not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2010 8:51:00 PM More reviews by HappyPretty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very expensive! but great brush for blushes!