April 18, 2014 | 884 users online

Makeup Brushes - NARS - 27 - Yachiyo

rated 5 of 5 on 4/30/2010 1:17:00 PM More reviews by ibrusat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Pure perfection: hair is soft and the shape of the brush is perfect to apply the powder in a natural way. It is the only blush brush that allows me to use Orgasm without looking OTT. Do not like the handle that much, but the hair is top quality, far better than Shu Uemura (too expensive considering it is made in China though).

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2010 12:48:00 PM More reviews by rachelhal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

I had been rotating a MAC 129 brush, a Prescriptives cheek blush brush, and a Sephora mineral makeup blush brush and none of them were spectacular when it came to applying highly-pigmented NARS blushes. This NARS brush seems like it was made for NARS blushes - picks up the perfect amount of product and makes application so easy. I don't have to worry about blending like I do w/ my other brushes. I think the 129 will be better for less-pigmented blushes, but the NARS Yachiyo is worlds better for NARS blushes.
Also, it works great for applying highlighters, like Albatross.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2010 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Crump360

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This is a great brush, I use it for blush, highlighter and bronzer. It is the perfect brush. It is also very pretty. The binding around the handle is very unique. I am sure most people will complain about how expensive it is, but really, what did you expect from NARS?

rated 3 of 5 on 4/14/2010 2:07:00 AM More reviews by rocksteady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this because of all the great reviews on MUA and youtube. So far I'm not blown away by the brush. I get the same application from other angled blush brushes and I don't find myself reaching for this one very often. It is a very soft brush I'll give it that. Not disappointed that I bought it but would not buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2010 8:51:00 PM More reviews by HappyPretty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

Very expensive! but great brush for blushes!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2010 12:02:00 PM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've had this brush for awhile and am continuously astonished at how effectively it deposits just the right amount of color and is nearly foolproof- no massive streaking, blotching, or misplacement which you think would happen because it's not the fluffiest brush. I initially hated how the hairs are more coarse than what I'm used to, but that again is strategic- it picks up color extremely well, and is especially useful if you are going for very subtle contour, ie very light peach and nude shades, and again with the smaller diameter of the brush it's much easier to get on the sides of the nose etc for contouring. This brush really is a wonderful tool in my kit.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2010 11:39:00 AM More reviews by layzeex

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This brush is fantastic and has now become my HG blush brush. I was suckered into swapping for this brush because of all of the great reviews. I admit, when I first received the brush I was kind of disappointed... It didn't seem like anything special, to be honest. I thought it was just another hyped-up product and I just tucked it away in my brush belt, without any thought of it ever being used. Then one day when I was applying makeup, I forgot to wash my other blush/powder brushes and decided to just use this one real quick to brush on my highlighter. It worked wonderful, so then I tried it again with my blush - and PERFECT! It picked up just the right amount of product and made my blush look so, so natural. Now, this is the only brush I use to apply my blushes and highlighters. I'd *highly* recommend this for just about anyone & everyone.

The reason why this gets a 4 stars is because the bristles aren't the softest. It definitely feels like animal hair. I know it's goat hair, but I mean it *feels* like it's goat (I've tried other animal hair brushes that didn't *feel* like animal hair before, soo..). The other thing is that this thing sheds a hair here and there. I usually only have shedding problems with animal hair, so I guess that's nothing new (even my 7$ synthetic hair brush never shed on me!). Still, I would've hoped that a brush this expensive wouldn't shed & would be just a bit softer.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2010 6:12:00 AM More reviews by JJPorter

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of my favorite brushes. I ordered this specially from the US as even with paying postage to Australia through myus.com it was cheaper than buying from the ripoff merchants mecca cosmetica. I love this brush for contouing there is no other like it. It makes building colour fool proof and follows the natural contours of the face! Much prefer it to mac's angled contour brush, wish I had 5 of these!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2010 10:43:00 PM More reviews by partymartyw

I decided to go for the hype and get this brush. At first I was let down. The brush was all right, but seemed a little large. I decided to use it anyway, and after a week I was hooked! This applies blush perfectly to the apples of my cheeks without being heavy or obvious. I can layer for more depth if desired, but I almost never have to blend my blush afterward. Perfect every time. I would highly recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/14/2010 10:30:00 PM More reviews by georgiekins

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This brush is the bomb when applying blushes! I have two other blush brushes, Shu Uemura brush 20 and Chantecaille Cheek Brush **BUT** I always find myself reaching for this one even if it hasn't been washed for a week! EEEEKKKKSSSSS! Yep, that's how much I love this. Whatever method it is that I choose to apply my blush, whether it's the swirling method or the patting method, etc, it never fails to make my blush look oh so natural when I use this brush. I am going to buy an alternate brush next month :) Hehe. I love love love love this brush!