August 1, 2014 | 1561 users online

Makeup Brushes - Everyday Minerals - Long handled Kabuki

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2009 5:08:00 PM More reviews by xkellyz

One word..."LOVE"! Need I say more?

rated 5 of 5 on 4/4/2009 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Diemmy

This is just as soft as the flat top brush but not as dense. It's great for applying finishing powder because it won't give you heavy coverage.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/4/2009 11:04:00 AM More reviews by icypeel

So this was my first kabuki brush, and I was very excited about getting it! Upon arrival, I found it kind of small at first but after using it, realized that size really isn't all that important all the time and it does a pretty good job as it is!

Although some other reviewers here have said that their brushes NEVER shed, mine does shed a bit sometimes so I'm really not sure whether I was unlucky to get one that sheds rather often.. but I did get this for 4.17USD so *shrugs*

However, like many other reviewers have commented, it IS very soft and does a fabulous job of applying my mineral foundation (I also use Everyday Minerals for my foundation)

I've also tried it with conventional pressed foundation, and found that it gives a much more sheer look than if you applied it with a sponge, so I guess if you want your foundation to be light and natural-looking, this is for you as well, but probably not that great if you want heavy coverage with conventional foundation unless you want to pile layers and layers of foundation on.

However, I am very happy with this brush for the price I got it for and it also applies my mineral foundation wonderfully (I got it specifically for this purpose so it has served me well) and will definitely buy it again!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/2/2009 12:08:00 AM More reviews by salllyyx3

I LOVE LOVE LOVE EDM makeup brushes! The softest brushes i've ever used and they feel sooo nice on the skin. Gives very even coverage as well. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/30/2009 8:44:00 PM More reviews by supersonicsteph

I am very happy with this brush. The quality of it is top notch and is honestly better than some much more expensive brushes I have previously purchased. I've only been using mine about a week, but it has not shed a hair once during application or while I'm cleaning it. Like others have mentioned, it is very soft and does not irritate my skin at all.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2009 9:50:00 PM More reviews by facadeindreams

I originally got this brush to replace the kabuki brush from Bare Minerals that was scratching up my face. Like everyone else says, it's super soft but definitely not dense enough for foundation use. It doesn't give the coverage that I like unless I want to do 3-4 layers (but who has the time!). So I now use it for my finishing powders which is great because it picks up enough product and leaves a light finish without feeling cakey.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2009 2:24:00 PM More reviews by sweetiemudd

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

The softest brush and GREAT price! It applies my mineral make-up or face powder wonderfully. I love all of the Everday Minerals make-up brushes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2009 6:44:00 PM More reviews by Hawko

I immediately fall in love with this brush (at least until the next new & improve) immediately. Although I am not fond of their flat top, I like the slight curvature b/c it allows me to pick up the powder at the tip & spread it with the entire brush which unlike the flat top which deposits round blob of powder initially. The bamboo handle feels good, for $10 (or less if you include that in a kit) definitely will order another one for backup. Just imagine others charge $40 or up for a similar item.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/27/2009 4:04:00 PM More reviews by iluvjellybabies

I'm ambivalent about this brush. Ordered it due to the glorious reviews here and received it in the post yesterday (but without my free sample order, grrrr!). I've been using a kabuki from Mineral Basics for my mineral foundation (mineral foundation from Meow Cosmetics):

This brush has been great but I needed a second one for when that one was wet from washing so I thought I'd give the EDM one a try. My first thoughts were that it's quite flimsy, not at all as dense as the Mineral Basics one. That might be an unfair judgement since it is a smaller brush and not meant to be as big as a regular size kabuki. I like the longer handle, makes it easier to hold and also gives me more control.

It really surprised me that this works as well as it does as due to the lack of density I thought it wouldn't pick up any powder at all. I do find that it uses much more powder than my Mineral Basics kabuki but it gives nearly as good a finish so I can live with a bit more waste in that case. I'm not able to buff at all with this brush since the sparse bristles just bend when I try, but it doesn't seem to matter too much - my mineral foundation looks good on either way :-).

All in all this brush is ok, it's not as good as my Mineral Basics brush but it will be easier to clean and dry due to not being as dense (my Mineral Basics brush takes a couple of days to dry...) which will probably make me clean it more often ;-). Will I buy another one? No. I need another kabuki I think but I might go for the Alima kabuki next or get another Mineral Basics one since I know that one is so good. There's been a lot of hype about this kabuki on the make up board so maybe my expectations were too high but I'm not overly impressed by this brush - there's better out there.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2009 9:00:00 PM More reviews by Hannahawesome

Overall, this is a very nice brush. It is very soft, the packaging is nice, and the price (compared to other quality brushes) is cheap cheap CHEAP. However, it just does not give a lot of coverage, which is something I need. I deal with problem skin, and I need a good amount of foundation to cover my blemishes/scars/etc, and this brush just does not do the job. My mother, however, loves it, but she also has very nice skin that doesn't need a lot of coverage.

Basically: If you need light coverage, this brush is perfect for you!