April 19, 2014 | 1860 users online

Eye Shadow - Urban Decay - Toasted

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 3:49:00 PM More reviews by sumansaran

After having this eye shadow for almost a year now, I think it deserves a fair (and very positive) review. Eye shadows have a notoriously bad relationship with my eyes, which are slightly darker than the rest of my medium/tan-yellow skintone (NW35-40) and very oily. Most shades look very different on my eye than when swatched, even with primer. This is perhaps the only eye shadow I own which looks amazing on my eye but rather unassuming in the pan. It is a versatile lavendar/taupe/light bronze with a tinge of peach that works well with warm skintones. The finish is about 2/3 satin and 1/3 frost, but a very light frost that is more like a soft shimmer. It goes on beautifully with just my fingers - I rarely use a brush - and blends into my crease without darkening it. It almost melts into my skin and brightens my eyes - which lo and behold, is what a good shadow in this shade range is suppose to do - rather than change on me. No muddiness, no unexpected and darker gathering of the shadow into my crease. This is the only shadow I care to travel with, and it works both for day and night. I gave it a 4 for price because it is much less expensive that the complicated formulas of more high-end shadows today, but obviously more expensive than drugstore brands. Would repurchase if I ever hit the pan.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 3:10:00 PM More reviews by Emma93

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

There is a reason why this product is rated 4.9 out of 5.
I love it. It is one of the most gorgeous colors I have seen in my entire life. Great pigmentation, no fall out, great blendability, works very very well with all skintones, doesn't make you look like you have been crying for hours although it has very purple-y reddish undertones and it works so so well with a variety of other eyeshadows and colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/12/2012 2:58:00 PM More reviews by xoxoCK

Awesome colour, awesome pigmentation, awesome blendability! This is a staple, go-to colour. UD makes beautiful shadows that go on flawlessly!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/10/2012 3:34:00 PM More reviews by Prncs06

Toasted went unnoticed and untouched in my naked palette, until I happened across all of its rave reviews and decided to give it a try. I wear it almost daily now. On my medium w/yellow undertones skintone, this color shows as a pink-tinged bronze. Some of the undertones are similar to my skin color, giving this the nice, neutral/every day look other reviewers have already mentioned. Very subtle yet very noticeably pretty.

I find this works well with sin in the inner corner or inner half (toasted on the rest of the lid) as a light, pretty look. Also works well with Buck in the outer corner since it softly tones down the shimmer. For a more intense or dimensional look, I use toasted as the lid color with dark horse or busted in the outer V. Again, I also tend to play around with Buck with this look, since the differing textures (matte and shimmer) lend dimension.

I have experienced no fallout, since the shimmer isn't chinky glitter. The texture is velvety. I will gladly repurchase this color alone if/when I hit pan.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/28/2011 6:21:00 PM More reviews by farrahk

this is my most worn color from my naked palette goes amazingly on my medium skintone. usually wear it with darkhouse blended slightly in the crease and virgin as an inner corner highlight. the color is subtle enough to wear during the day hence why it has become one of my most worn shades. love the buttery textures of these shadows and they are just very easy to work with.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2011 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Carm1101

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this eye shadow! I got it in my Naked pallet and have loved it since the first time I used it. It can be used as a crease shadow or all by itself. I like to use it with Sin. It looks really good on my skin. I have very fair skin and light brown eyes. I recommend this color to anyone. Once I run out on my pallet I will repurchase this eye shadow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/10/2011 7:02:00 AM More reviews by anisha12

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

Good pigmentation, great colour on my NC43ish skin! I use it all over my lids for a daytime look with eyeliner and i'm done! Its stays for a lonnng tym with UDPP underneath. It has a frosty look that I don't find with many other brands having a similar colour. Would repurchase!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/6/2011 1:06:00 AM More reviews by ameresh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A really pretty taupe color. Just a wash of this over the eyelids is so beautiful. Good for natural looks, or amped up for drama.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/22/2011 11:35:00 PM More reviews by Branny43

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

A 100% buy-again with 50+ reviews. Wow. Now, you know someone's going to come along who won't buy it again, and change the rating... but that someone isn't going to be me!

I felt no compulsion to buy the "Naked" palette, but let me say this: If that palette had been the only way to obtain "Toasted," I would have gladly purchased it.

This shadow is gorgeous, like so many of UD's shadows, a little shimmer, no glitter, and perfection--in the crease, on the lid, blended, alone--however you choose to wear it.

Would I buy it again? In a heartbeat!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/28/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by sadorange

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

HG shadow! Super buttery and a breeze to blend. I'm an NW20, but I find this shadow to be very flattering on cool tones, as we can wear this bronze without looking washed out. However, judging my opinion based on the reviews on here, is equally as gorgeous on warmer tones. Definitely try :)