November 28, 2014 | 1301 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Monistat - Chafing Relief Powder-Gel

rated 4 of 5 on 5/17/2013 10:39:00 AM More reviews by Jenefour

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

I've been using this for two years+ Trying many primers in between.. Still trying new primers, but always go back to this! Wish it would smooth my pores out a little bit more, but for the price u really can't complain too much:)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 8:59:00 PM More reviews by anjamanninen

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my holy grail primer. It works like a dream. All I need is about a pea sized dot and I spread it all over my face evenly. Don't take too much, however, because you'll end up with a slick face. It works great to smooth out my skin, keep my oily skin matte, plus you get a ton of product for around $9 at CVS. It's great. :D I definitely recommend this, as there are no harsh chemicals and no fragrances that could break you out. I promise, once you buy this, you will fall in love and never go back to anything else!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/21/2013 3:55:00 PM More reviews by melissamberry

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Cheap alternative for a primer. Fills in pores and it's a gel to powder formula, and it makes such a smooth base for your foundation. I'd even just wear this under powder! I will definitely repurchase :)
PS there's a coupon on the monistat website for $2 off so it's even more affordable.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2013 8:30:00 PM More reviews by mistressaryann

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I really wanted this to work as my face primer but it broke me out terribly :c But I must say it did give my make up good results, my foundation went on so so smooth, it made it last even longer, my face felt smooth and matte. The only downfall was the breakouts ughhh they hurt so bad and it took me a long time to get rid of them and when I did they left dark spots now I have even more hyper-pigmentation. So disappointed.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/19/2013 12:24:00 AM More reviews by bluestarjcf

I have been using this for nearly 2 years and don't know what I would do without this product as my primer! It makes my foundation glide on so smoothly on my skin and also really helps with staying power. My foundation doesn't wear or look as good without it. I've tried the other primers like benefit porefessional, but I feel like this is way better then the other HE primers.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2013 12:02:00 AM More reviews by willow1976

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am so glad that I tried this gel. My makeup lasts all day and my nose and forehead are oil free. I was worried about having a reaction since my skin is extremely sensitive, but after using it three times a week for two months I haven't had even the slightest burn or blemish.
I'll definitely be going back to Wal-Mart for another tube (or two).

rated 3 of 5 on 4/7/2013 9:55:00 AM More reviews by kookymeow

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

An affordable alternative for daily use. BUT this is only effective if I use powder foundation - I use Clinique's Superbalanced Powder Makeup. I just have to make sure that my skin is properly moisturized, as this combo is so unforgiving to dry patches on the skin.

I tried this with my Diorskin Forever and Nude foundations applied using a Beauty Blender, and the results were horrible. It formed weird clumps in the smoother parts of my skin, something that I've never seen when I use Guerlain's Meteorites Pearles primer.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/4/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by Karencitaaa

I had such high hopes for this product but after a couple days of testing it, I kept on getting the same result: OIL SLICKED CHEEKS. I already had oily skin, so this just made it worse.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 4:43:00 PM More reviews by lolicious

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I love this primer so much, I don't feel the need to try any others. I tried Neutrogena Shine-Free Primer ($10) and L'Oreal Studio Secrets Anti-Dull Primer ($13) and hated them both for different reasons. I tried this Monistat primer-but not really a primer and I loved it! Only about $7 at CVS. It only makes my makeup last a few hours longer but my favorite benefit from this is how smooth is makes my face before applying my make-up! When I apply it, it feels velvety soft and make-up "ready. It really does make my foundation go on smooth and clean! It never makes my skin feel oily, it makes my skin feel great. It did not cause any irritation or breakouts whatsoever...my skin loves it! I bought this at least 6 months ago and I'm about half way through the tube. I definitely recommend this product!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/22/2013 7:37:00 PM More reviews by Margie23a

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this after reading the rave reviews and, I must say, it's pretty good stuff. I had only used three other primers before: Rimmel (yuck), L'Oreal Studio Secrets (pasty, hard to blend, heavy), and one that was a free sample which I can't even recall since it apparently did not impress me. The Monistat goes on smoothly and dries to a nice matte finish. I have dry skin which will occasionally break out if I switch around with a lot of products. It does not take much at all to cover your whole face, comes in a nice size tube, and I think it was about $6 or so at CVS. Will probably last me for a year or two. I have had it for a month or so and have hardly made a dent in it. I don't know if it makes my makeup last longer, but it sure does make it easier to apply. Looks much smoother and less drying. It's a keeper.