December 19, 2014 | 1160 users online

Treatments - Biotin (All brands)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/29/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by Ferrishyn

I began taking this about a year ago and have noticed significant improvement in my hair and nails. My hair is growing alot faster and is in better shape. I color my hair every 4 weeks and always experienced dullness. My nails were becoming very brittle and would not grow much. Now I have to cut them they get too long too fast (not a bad problem!). My nails are much thicker and don't break. I have had numerous people comment on them thinking they were fake or gel lol. I totally recommend taking biotin.

rated 1 of 5 on 9/28/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by AshO57

The only good thing about this product is that it's cheap. I wish I had looked harder at the side effects, other than just supposedly good for hair, skin and nails. I started this 3 weeks ago to grow out my damaged hair quicker after ruining it from going my natural dark brunette to blonde. I saw no difference in hair growth. Nail growth maybe a little, I can't comment on strength of nails because I have acrylics. But the worst side effect was ACNE. Oh I was horrified when I finally realized what had been making me break out so bad ever since I started it. I don't have acne problems, maybe one zit around my period and that's it. But this was full blown cystic acne. I hadn't even been going out in public unless absolutely necessary. There's all kinds of theories about why that is and how to prevent it, like it takes awhile for your body to get used to. Or you start with a low dose and work your way up. Or you have to drink a lot of water and take a B complex vitamin to counteract it. I don't really care what the reason is, I can't deal with the zits and oily face it gives. I quit taking it immediately upon reading reviews, chugged water to flush it out, and 3 days later it's almost all cleared. Biotin was no doubt the problem. Take it at your own risk!

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/20/2013 1:19:00 PM More reviews by emily0212

I'm taking a hair/skin/nail vitamin (Nature's Bounty) along with extra biotin. My hairdresser says you can go up to 10,000 and everything I read says that it won't hurt, you pee out the excess. It's only been a month and my nails are much stronger, though still thin. I am shedding much less hair in the shower and when brushing! I swear when I wake up in the morning, my skin looks better, less dark circles and lines, but I could be crazy. Definitely going to keep taking this and will update again...

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 6:13:00 PM More reviews by POPOK1

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I bought this product because I had very weak nails that were basically impossible to grow out because of constant chipping. I bought Natures Bounty 5000 mcg and I am very happy with the results. First of all They were about 8 dollars a bottle more or less and they were buy one get one free so I bought 2 bottles of course. Allot of people say they quit using it as soon as they saw there acne getting worse, I had this result as well but it only lasted for a couple weeks and it was pretty mild so I probably would have continued to use the product even if it persisted. Anyway I have been using this for about 3 months and my nails have become so strong I can hardly bend them. I haven't broken a nail in over a month and they have grown pretty long. I think its also been making my hair grow a bit faster. Overall I love it and will continue to use it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/14/2013 4:02:00 AM More reviews by makeupjunkie11786

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Unless otherwise told by your physician, This should be a staple in your beauty regimen.
I started taking this when I noticed my hair was falling out more than usual and after I had bleached my hair and it was breaking off. I had to get it cut much shorter than I wanted due to this and wanted it to grow desperately. I use the Nature's Bounty one with 5,000 mg and have been using it everyday for about 2 years now. My hair has definetly grown and It feels stronger. Using this in conjunction with Mane 'n' Tail shampoo & conditioner and argan oil has really impacted hair growth and overall health. Now if your expecting to get cousin it hair by the end of the month by popping one of these a day then you're going to be painfully disappointed... as with all products you gotta give it a little time but from what i've come to see these vitamins are worth it. And the best part is its got more than just the benefit of improving your hair its good for your skin, nails and metabolism to!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 8/13/2013 4:59:00 PM More reviews by rose313

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I already have long hair and wanted it to grow faster. I took the recommended dose until the bottle ran out...it must have been a few months. Nothing happened. I've heard you have to take it for 6 months before noticing a difference, I figured I had taken it long enough that something should have been happening. I'm otherwise healthy and drink more than enough water, so I don't think I have any problems that would have prevented it from working. Skin remained the same as well. I would have tried it for longer than one bottle, but the pills were the biggest pills I've ever taken...horse pills, they tasted horrible on my tongue, so I'll just wait for my hair to grow normally.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/6/2013 6:22:00 PM More reviews by Kimberlyxo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm 37 yrs old. All my life I was blessed with perfect skin. Maybe a pimple around that time of the month but that was all. At age 30 I developed adult acne. At 35 I bought Proactiv and it did nothing for my skin. It cleaned it very well though and my skin was oil free. I thought my acne was a hormonal issue. At 36 I began a birth control pill. It cleared my acne at first. After being on the pill for less than 8 months my acne came back. I decided to get off the pill because it was a low dose pill and gave me other problems and it wasn't helping my skin anymore. I looked into Biotin for my hair mostly to get it to grow faster. Biotin says it helps support healthy hair, skin and nails. Also supports carbohydrate, protein and fat metabolism. I started taking Biotin every day at the same time of day (being that I was already in the habit of taking birth control every day.) After just a couple weeks my acne was gone. I couldn't believe it. (My hair is getting longer also.) It is the most amazing thing! I don't even wash my face before bed with any kind of cleanser. I just wipe my make up off with a wet warm wash cloth. I don't have clogged pores either. I hardly even wear foundation make up now. It is sooooo nice just brushing on some bronzing powder and a little concealer/foundation under my eyes! No more trying to cover up acne with tons of foundation and taking forever getting ready to go somewhere! I am so happy! I do know that my acne was also caused by some stress and I no longer have that stress in my life. I am going to continue Biotin for my skin. It has also made all my dark spots and scars from my old acne disappear. My skin looks better than ever. I didn't spend a lot of $ either, I bought the Target brand of Biotin in the purple and white bottle, 1,000mcg.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/28/2013 4:35:00 PM More reviews by lavenderwig

NATUREMADE BIOTIN 5,000 MCG 50 SOFTGELS--I am acne prone and have gotten acne from an unknown Biotin brand before (friend gave me them) but I wanted to give it another chance. I have been using this for a month, two tiny pink gels, because I read that 10,000 is better, 3 doesn't do any better than 2 though. A lot of stores this month has been doing buy 1 get 1 free. Check the weekly ads. Really good deal though, and no acne caused. Nails and hair are looking better. I read other reviews on here that NatureMade kept others clear-faced too. Also easy pop up top, no annoying push down twist.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/21/2013 7:40:00 PM More reviews by va1985

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Other

My hair has been getting some massive abuse the last 4 years with me coloring it so often. I've been noticing it was thinning more than I would like!

The Biotin 5000 mcg from Eu Natural (search for it on Amazon) has been working great for me. This one has pure grade Biotin without any extra junk in the pills.

My hair strength is back and noticed my nails are stronger as well.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/19/2013 4:58:00 PM More reviews by KellyKen

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have been taking biotin for healthier faster growing hair, 5000 mcg per day, for about 2 months now, and while I haven't noticed much difference in my hair, I have not noticed any breakouts.

I will continue for awhile longer and see if it helps soon. I mostly wanted my hair to be shiny and healthy, and I'm also growing it long. It may be marginally healthier. Not sure.