September 17, 2014 | 1269 users online

Bath Treatments - Epsom Salts

rated 5 of 5 on 3/16/2011 9:43:00 PM More reviews by CandyxKiss

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Amazing. When I was a ballerina, Madame always drilled into us the importance of epsom salts because our muscles were so incredibly tired and sore, we'd have to skip some classes. Come time for dress rehearsals, those of us who didn't soak in this magic salt were dying! I've been using this stuff forever and its incredible healing properties have remained the same!

I'm now a tennis player, aspiring to turn pro. Long, hard hours on-court tend to be hard on muscles, plus all of the training I need to do in the gym. I always buy cartons of this whenever I'm at the drugstore because heaven forbid I run out! I feel detoxed and relaxed when I get out of an epsom salt bath. The way I wind down is to pour a bath of this, add a few drops of rose oil or light some scented candles, and read a good book while soaking in this bath.

P.S. All ballerinas out there with so much extra hold hairspray stuck in your hair... Mix some epsom salt with lemon juice and water, let it sit for a bit, then rinse out and use shampoo. It's amazing!

16 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/8/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by BellaCat

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

AMAZING! I always struggle with dry skin on my feet. I soaked them for about 30 minutes.

When I dumped the container out, it was cloudy with all that old dry skin....ewwww

But my feet were baby soft and have stayed that way after a month! I bought it at the .99 store.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2010 12:16:00 AM More reviews by jerseycindy

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one case where the cheapest product happens to be the best. I get a huge half gallon carton for about $2 and nothing - I mean NOTHING comes close to epsom salts for relaxing in the tub after a long stressful day. I add a few drops of lavender essential oil for a spa-like experience. Truly the ultimate cheap thrill.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 10/25/2010 5:33:00 AM More reviews by mangopancake88

A work colleague recommended epson salts to me after I sprained my ankle and was complaining about aches. He is a hard core sportsman and told me he has a bath with it after a workout to relieve aching muscles.

I had already finished creams and antiobiotics from my doctor, and thought I really had nothing to lose. I'm so glad I listened. I soaked my feet for a week or two and was amazed out how relaxing it's made me feel. It's reduced the swelling and pain and removed a lot of the dead skin I had on the soles of my feet, very moisturising.

The epson salts comes in a clear plastic bag and can be bought from Coles for $4.50 in Sydney.

I now include this as a weekly ritual and have gotten my mum hooked on it. She does ballroom dancing a few times a week and loves when I organise a foot bath for her.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/23/2010 4:08:00 PM More reviews by LittleViolet

Amazing. Best $6 you can spend. I like Dr. Teal's Epsom Salts in the lavender scent. I felt horrible and couldn't sleep this week and I can't believe I didn't think to use these to make me relax. It feels like your body is detoxifying. You almost feel like you are on narcotics after you get out of the tub, you are so relaxed. So amazing! I love the scent and the way it feels it is penetrating your skin.

LOVE this stuff. I probably only use it once a month but I would love to use it every day before bed!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/17/2010 6:04:00 PM More reviews by MadeasRage

This stuff is awesome. Seriously. For minor pain, it can't be beat. Menstrual pain, especially. A big bag can be had for a few dollars. It's cheaper than missing out on things because you don't feel good, right?

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2010 4:58:00 PM More reviews by solsticecusp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

epsom salts used in combination with irish spring bar soap and exfoliating mitts called italy towels are a very effective exfoiliant. you will actually see dead skin sloughing off like eraser rubbings.

first, soak in a hot bath with at least 1 c of epsom salts for 15 min to loosen up the dead skin.

then, work the irish spring into a lather with a body puff, loofah, or washcloth and soap up.

rub handfuls of epsom salts into the lather on your body until the salts dissolve

scrub through the salted lather with the italy towel. you should see things that look like light green eraser rubbings on your skin. keep scrubbing until the rubbings are differently colored - depending on individual skin and environments the rubbings could be anywhere from white to dark grey. (when i was a kid my knees were always grey) this is dead skin coming off! the stuff that makes for "ashiness" and ring around the collar.

after you are done scrubbing, rinse off all the rubbings and marvel at how smooth your skin feels and how dirty your tub looks now covered with clumps of your dead skin. but you look great! you may even have lost a pound sweating out toxins, getting rid of dead cells, and giving your skin a vigorous, cellulite busting massage, bringing fresh blood to your fresh new skin.

protect your new skin by moisturizing with oil and enjoy how amazing your skin feels

26 out of 28 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/27/2009 12:52:00 PM More reviews by JennyValdis

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

There is a reason why this old-fashioned remedy has been used for generations by most of our parents, grandparents, and great-grandparents... BECAUSE it has many uses and it WORKS!!!

I was skeptical at first, but I bought a huge package of it for dirt-cheap at the local grocery store and used it on my feet as an exfoilator.

My feet are often sore, dry, and cracked from both the cold climate that I live in and from being on my feet constantly. I had severely cracked heels, but after rubbing my feet with the salts mixed with a little bit of lemon oil (any oil will do), they instantly felt smoother. So I started using the salts for my feet everyday, and by the 4th or 5th day, there was not a single crack or flake on my feet! No more expensive spa feet treatments!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 9/4/2009 2:26:00 PM More reviews by ShelovesDetroit

I have been using Epson Salt for years. Had surgery on my feet 2 years ago and having been using the salt for my weekly pedicures. I mix the water and salt with Aveda Exfoliant is in the large green bottle and it works wonders on removing dead skin and soothing my feet.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2009 6:15:00 AM More reviews by PaleBrunette

Epsom Salts are inexpensive and a great way to sedate your body after a long day. I just throw a handful into a warm bath and soak. It draws toxins out of your body and relaxes muscles.
I like to use it as an exfoliator when mixed with almond oil or body wash.

7 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No