September 23, 2014 | 924 users online

Treatments (Face) - Peter Thomas Roth - Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads

rated 5 of 5 on 2/13/2012 6:40:00 PM More reviews by hazelnut87

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This stuff is AMAZINGGGG! Okay so a little background info first. . . I never had any serious acne until the age of 24. For some reason, my hormones went completely cray-cray at that point, and I developed cystic acne underneath my cheek bones along the jaw line. It didn't appear anywhere else. I started researching Retin-A and decided that this might be a good move. It definitely reduced the amount of cystic acne I was getting from 8-10 active cysts at one time (on each side of my face) to about 1-2 active cysts per side of my face. I was still frustrated because each mark was still leaving severe hyperpigmentation (bright red scars from the acne that were much darker than my natural skin tone) that couldn't even be covered with concealer. I saw on a blog somewhere that said if you had problems with hyperpigmentation from cystic acne, to use these peel pads in conjunction with retin-a. Now, the product itself says that you shouldn't use it with retin-a, saclylic acid, blah blah blah. Try it. If you have tried everything else, just give it a try. Not only has it DRAMATICALLY lightened my acne scars, I do not have ANY active breakouts right now, and have only had ONE in the past 2 months that I have been using this product. It is expensive, but I cut the pads in half. Now my skin LOVES exfoliation. Before my hormonal changes, I never exfoliated. . . I just used face wash and a toner, and my skin looked great. Now (and for the past 2 months) this is my routine: In the morning I use my Olay Pro-X (similar to the Clarisonic) with Purity Cleanser, once it is rinsed off, I use half a peel pad. I leave it on for at least 10 minutes. When you first use it, start off with the recommended times until you are sure your skin can handle more time. Increase the amount of time gradually. Anyway, I rinse it off and then apply Aveeno positively radiant moisturizer. After letting it soak in, I do my normal makeup routine. Now for the night time routine. I use a Neutrogena Makeup Remover wipe to get all my makeup off (obvi =)), then I use my Purity facewash with my Olay Pro-X Cleansing Tool. Then once again, I apply half a peel pad and let it sit another 10 minutes. Then I rinse it off and wait 30 minutes. Next I apply Retin-A and I DO not apply moisturizer on top of it. I know this seems like a LOT of exfoliation, and it is. But I've tried every combination under the sun, and I finally found something that works (after 2 years) so I'm sticking with it! Why do I feel like this product has made such a difference? Because I feel like the ingredients penetrate beneath the top layer of skin. The Retin-A increases skin cell turnover, which meant that the cysts that formed in the bottom layers of skin reached the top faster. . . my Olay Pro-X exfoliated the top layer very well. . . and this product cleans out the pores like no other, leaves the skin bright, lightens existing acne scars, and leaves my skin softer than it has ever felt. I truly hope he never discontinues this product!!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/21/2012 3:46:00 PM More reviews by gothikim

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Un-wrinkle peel pads are a must-have for me. I use them 2-3 times a week, and they help control blackheads and keep the fine lines in check. They are the most cost effective product in the PTR Un-wrinkle line, IMHO. I love Un-wrinkle serum too, and I feel like they work hand-in-hand to help with the developing fine lines and my adult acne.

I have sun damage on my chest and hands, so I use the pads there as well. Each one is good for a face/neck/chest/hands application. Despite having touchy skin that flushes easily, I don't experience any discomfort when using the peel pads--just a little tingle. I apply the peel solution and leave it on for at least 15 minutes before removing it, so that I can get some benefit from the Un-wrinkle ingredients in addition to the exfoliating ingredients.

I'm not crazy about the packaging--the risk of contaminating the entire jar seems a bit high. I'm super-careful when I get a peel pad out, and I do NOT share this product with anyone else in my house.

5 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/16/2012 11:27:00 PM More reviews by lmr007

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

The peel pads are one of the greatest pieces of the PTR line. The reviewer before me described the product perfectly, and I agree with her remarks. One way to cut down on the expense without having to place used pads back into the container is to cut them in half. In fact, Peter Thomas Roth himself sited that as option. I use them every day, and have always cut them in half. I'm in the midst of experimenting with his entire line, and am very impressed with the results thus far. Now that I'm 42, I want to be sure I am using the best line for my maturing skin, so I am in experimental mode right now. It will be interesting to see what happens when I switch to my next option...will I miss PTR? Maybe so. To be determined, ladies! Stay tuned.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 1/13/2012 7:04:00 PM More reviews by espnn76

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Clogged my pores

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2011 12:35:00 AM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG I love this stuff!! I normally do not shell out more than $20 for a skincare product so this should tell you guys something. It is definitely worth the money and can last you a few months. You can cut the pads in half. Because the pads are well soaked with the chemicals, you really only need half a pad per use. I only use these 2-3x a week so they last me a few months. I do my normal cleansing routine, wipe some of this all over my face, neck, and chest, leave it on for about 3-5 minutes then rinse it off with warm water. I am not familiar with the science behind skincare products but it just works for me. I have pretty decent skin but my dry skin can look dull and uneven. This instantly makes my skin look more glowy and healthy and with each use, the results are better and better. I normally exfoliate with the Olay cleanser brush..I've used the Philosophy and Olay microdermabrasion kits. I have tried many cleansing type of scrubs but none of these products have ever given me such noticeable results. If I go for about a week without this, my skin starts to dull again so this is something you definitely need to keep using. The first few times, I felt a very slight burning but I am not used to peels, chemicals, etc so I suggest using this with caution. Test it out first by using it only once a week or so and don't leave it on too long. It didn't leave my skin red or in any kind of pain but my skin isn't sensitive. I am 31 but I do not have any significant wrinkles so I can't tell you what this product can do for wrinkles but it definitely evens out my skin and give it a healthier appearance that other products haven't done for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2011 7:38:00 PM More reviews by scrappydog

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Love these, they are the best product in PTR's whole line! They clear my acne, shrink my pores, and make my face GLOW!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2011 7:44:00 AM More reviews by amberlady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

These little things are awesome! I'm only in my second week of using them every other night, but my skin is loving them! Now... they're not going to magically make every line in your face disappear, however mine are definately less noticeable and on top of that my skin is smoother, clearer, more even toned and just glowing! They've even helped with fading some old acne scars I've had for what feels like forever. I highly suggest these bad boys. I received 20 pads in a kit from sephora, but I will definately be purchasing the full size jar when these run out. So far, I typically use them every other night for 3-5 min. and if I'm feeling frisky every day :) They tingle slightly on application, so be careful if you have sensitive skin as they could be very strong for you... maybe use them every couple days. Other than that, I highly recommend these.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2011 2:42:00 AM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am so impressed by this. I am on my 2nd jar. Being the first to review this (how could that be?) I feel obligated to give a full report on what it is. I don't really feel like doing that.(sleepy) Basically it's a daily peel..a 20% complex of 'stuff' that exfoliates, resurfaces, clarifies, firms, helps visibly minimize pores, fine lines, uneven skin tone. alcohol free, fragrance free
It is so gentle that in the beginning, I used it twice a day and left it on for way longer than the recommended 1-3 minutes and had no stinging, redness etc. I like using it daily but sometimes skip a day because of the cost. There are 60 pads in a jar and even though it may seem unsanitary... okay it IS unsanitary, I will rub a pad over my face and put it back in the jar, push it down so the solution saturates it again and use the same pad another day. Of course I can only do that with a certain amount of pads or they would dry out. Bottom line is that it works and I am picky when it comes to shelling out money on skincare...it I am not REALLY impressed, I don't repurchase. You do need to make sure you rinse your face...the rinsing is what neutralizes it. I highly recommend this.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2011 10:03:00 AM More reviews by adriann1973

I don't know which of the products is doing it...I startedwith the serum and noticed immediate results...everything just looked brighter. Then ordered the 6 piece kit from QVC and I am IN LOVE! I cannot handle much retinol or acids but have had no drying, peeling,flaking etc from any of these. I was scared because some of the products have an oily feel but no breakouts and I can tell my 38 year old skin looks younger! Now if only it were cheaper

P.S. I cut the pads in half...lately in thirds. it's all I need for my face and neck and they will last a lot longer. I use them morning and evening...no problems. I love you PTR

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2011 1:37:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Due to my super oily acneic yet sensitive skin, I can only tolerate a small amount of acids. This is an incredible product, I use one pad once a week, not only do these leave my face super soft, but they are a great alternative to a gentle peel. These really help with the bumpy texture and oiliness WITHOUT irritating my sensitve skin or drying me out. I absolutely recommend these to people with my type of skin type that need gentle exfoliation but have sensitive skin. I actually end up with very soft skin for several days.