August 23, 2014 | 1362 users online

Treatments (Face) - Peter Thomas Roth - Un-Wrinkle Peel Pads

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/16/2011 12:35:00 AM More reviews by TakenByHim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

OMG I love this stuff!! I normally do not shell out more than $20 for a skincare product so this should tell you guys something. It is definitely worth the money and can last you a few months. You can cut the pads in half. Because the pads are well soaked with the chemicals, you really only need half a pad per use. I only use these 2-3x a week so they last me a few months. I do my normal cleansing routine, wipe some of this all over my face, neck, and chest, leave it on for about 3-5 minutes then rinse it off with warm water. I am not familiar with the science behind skincare products but it just works for me. I have pretty decent skin but my dry skin can look dull and uneven. This instantly makes my skin look more glowy and healthy and with each use, the results are better and better. I normally exfoliate with the Olay cleanser brush..I've used the Philosophy and Olay microdermabrasion kits. I have tried many cleansing type of scrubs but none of these products have ever given me such noticeable results. If I go for about a week without this, my skin starts to dull again so this is something you definitely need to keep using. The first few times, I felt a very slight burning but I am not used to peels, chemicals, etc so I suggest using this with caution. Test it out first by using it only once a week or so and don't leave it on too long. It didn't leave my skin red or in any kind of pain but my skin isn't sensitive. I am 31 but I do not have any significant wrinkles so I can't tell you what this product can do for wrinkles but it definitely evens out my skin and give it a healthier appearance that other products haven't done for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2011 7:38:00 PM More reviews by scrappydog

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Love these, they are the best product in PTR's whole line! They clear my acne, shrink my pores, and make my face GLOW!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/12/2011 7:44:00 AM More reviews by amberlady

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

These little things are awesome! I'm only in my second week of using them every other night, but my skin is loving them! Now... they're not going to magically make every line in your face disappear, however mine are definately less noticeable and on top of that my skin is smoother, clearer, more even toned and just glowing! They've even helped with fading some old acne scars I've had for what feels like forever. I highly suggest these bad boys. I received 20 pads in a kit from sephora, but I will definately be purchasing the full size jar when these run out. So far, I typically use them every other night for 3-5 min. and if I'm feeling frisky every day :) They tingle slightly on application, so be careful if you have sensitive skin as they could be very strong for you... maybe use them every couple days. Other than that, I highly recommend these.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2011 2:42:00 AM More reviews by snow7kids

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am so impressed by this. I am on my 2nd jar. Being the first to review this (how could that be?) I feel obligated to give a full report on what it is. I don't really feel like doing that.(sleepy) Basically it's a daily peel..a 20% complex of 'stuff' that exfoliates, resurfaces, clarifies, firms, helps visibly minimize pores, fine lines, uneven skin tone. alcohol free, fragrance free
It is so gentle that in the beginning, I used it twice a day and left it on for way longer than the recommended 1-3 minutes and had no stinging, redness etc. I like using it daily but sometimes skip a day because of the cost. There are 60 pads in a jar and even though it may seem unsanitary... okay it IS unsanitary, I will rub a pad over my face and put it back in the jar, push it down so the solution saturates it again and use the same pad another day. Of course I can only do that with a certain amount of pads or they would dry out. Bottom line is that it works and I am picky when it comes to shelling out money on skincare...it I am not REALLY impressed, I don't repurchase. You do need to make sure you rinse your face...the rinsing is what neutralizes it. I highly recommend this.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2011 10:03:00 AM More reviews by adriann1973

I don't know which of the products is doing it...I startedwith the serum and noticed immediate results...everything just looked brighter. Then ordered the 6 piece kit from QVC and I am IN LOVE! I cannot handle much retinol or acids but have had no drying, peeling,flaking etc from any of these. I was scared because some of the products have an oily feel but no breakouts and I can tell my 38 year old skin looks younger! Now if only it were cheaper

P.S. I cut the pads in half...lately in thirds. it's all I need for my face and neck and they will last a lot longer. I use them morning and evening...no problems. I love you PTR

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2011 1:37:00 PM More reviews by rickisyed

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Due to my super oily acneic yet sensitive skin, I can only tolerate a small amount of acids. This is an incredible product, I use one pad once a week, not only do these leave my face super soft, but they are a great alternative to a gentle peel. These really help with the bumpy texture and oiliness WITHOUT irritating my sensitve skin or drying me out. I absolutely recommend these to people with my type of skin type that need gentle exfoliation but have sensitive skin. I actually end up with very soft skin for several days.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/2/2011 4:26:00 AM More reviews by pinkfragola

I have no idea why this product has received so many raves. Depending on the MUA reviews, I purchased this product. I am 32 years old, I have fair-medium skin tone with some red acne scars, and enlarged pores around nose, and some crow's feet. I see no difference between this product (no matter what it has in it) to any other toner with alcohol. It has nothing to do with exfoliation. The package quality is very poor. Big dissapointment.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2011 11:15:00 AM More reviews by ekym

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I have oily, blemish-prone skin; my skin is sensitive to fragrances and preservatives, but not to chemical exfoliants. I don't have wrinkles, yet, so using this product is more to keep my pores clear, my skin tone even, and help prevent wrinkles. After a lot of research and review-reading, I decided to give this peel a try. I liked that it had high concentrations of the good, exfoliating acids, and that it targets fine lines, enlarged pores, and uneven skin. The directions say to leave it on from 60 seconds to 3 minutes. Since at-home chemical peels are nothing new to me, I knew my skin could handle the ingredients so I opted to start off with the 3 minutes every other day, at night (follow the directions on the packaging if your skin is sensitive). I got this peel and my Clarisonic Mia on the same day so I started using both right away. After three days, my skin had some mild flakiness; I don't know if that was from the Clarisonic, the Unwrinkle Peel, or the combination of the products, but the flakiness was gone after a week. But even in that short amount of time I noticed a huge difference in my skin. I had used Biore pore strips on my nose, chin, and forehead the day after getting Unwrinkle and my Clarisonic, and after a week of using the two products, my pores were still clear and they were smaller! I was shocked! Normally I have to use Biore strips weekly to keep my pores clear and they are always visible, but using these two products has changed my skin! I went five weeks before using Biore strips on my face again. Not only was the number of blackheads on the strips fewer (about 75% of what there used to be), the blackheads were smaller (thinner and shorter with fewer dark, black tips). I use the peel every other night (using it every night can dry my skin a little) and I usually leave it on longer than the 3 minutes, sometimes 5 or 6 minutes, but that's because I'm not paying attention to the time. I always know that it's time to rinse it off when my face starts to feel really warm and tingly (I don't recommend to start off using the peel this way, but if you find that your skin is very tolerant of the formula, you could try it once to see). After rinsing, I follow with my usually nighttime blemish treatment (Murad Exfoliating Acne Gel) and whichever nighttime moisturizer I'm trying at the moment (I haven't found one I love, yet). In addition to keeping my pores clear and small (along with the Clarisonic), this peel had made my skin smoother to the touch, feeling firmer, I have fewer breakouts (and when I do, they heal much quicker than they used to), and the uneven color of my skin (due to blemishes) has neutralized. This peel delivers on its promises, but I truly believe that using the Clarisonic along with it has increased the peel's effectiveness. Like other reviews suggested, I cut the pads in half and found that half the circle covers my face, neck and chest quite well, and often there is enough solution still on the pad to run it over the backs of my hands too. So a jar of 60 pads will last me 120 uses; at $45 a jar, that's about 38 cents per application (rounding up), not too bad. I will definitely buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2011 12:49:00 AM More reviews by cia_agent86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love, love, love these! I use them about 4-8x a week (sometimes 2x a day). They unclog pores and make my skin glow :) Idk what that person below was talking about making her eyes look older.. I don't think you;re supposed to put these near you eyes! lol I got mine off ebay for around $30 for the full size

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2011 10:07:00 PM More reviews by babythequeen

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

Since I began using these peel pads 2 months ago, I have noticed a great improvement in my skin's texture, brightness and overall appearance. It tingles slightly when you apply it, but is not overly irritating. I have also noticed a reduction in breakouts since beginning this in combination with the Peter Thomas Roth mega rich cellular cream. Overall this is a great product. I recommend cutting the pads in half, as these are a bit pricy. Highly recommended product to add to skin care regime.