August 20, 2014 | 2039 users online

Mascara - Bourjois - Volume Clubbing

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2009 9:48:00 AM More reviews by summersteed

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

i have medium-short lashes and this mascara really really volumised AND lengthened them... i applied about 3 coats of this... i also pair it with bourjois liner effect mascara to separate my lashes even more...
the pacaging is CUTE... it did flake slightly... but it did stay put all day..
it takes a while to dry and i usually have to wipe the wand a little because a LOT of mixture comes out on the brush... which is a bit of a monster..
overall this mascara is the best ive ever purchased and will be buying again * * * * *

rated 4 of 5 on 5/6/2009 6:41:00 AM More reviews by effiexx

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love the packaging, I don't know why. It's funky :D
I love this mascara, it has got a 4 because nothing can beat my beloved Maxfactor False Lash Effect, however this comes close.
Yes it is hard to remove but I use a good remover so that's sorted.
I have short sparse lashes and whilst this doesn't wow them out like MFs False Lash Effect, it gives them a good volume & length boost which is better when I want to wear lipstick, not so in your face.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/5/2009 3:56:00 AM More reviews by crazy76

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

have to be very careful with this one.I made the mistake of putting more than 2 coats and the result was spidery,clumpy looking lashes.It looks ok when i apply one or two coats but the worst thing of this is that its very hard to remove and it stayed on for like 2-3 days.Since there are better mascara's out there I won't repurchase

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2009 3:35:00 AM More reviews by Lisa_Lowndes

Don't know why this gets so many bad reviews!
I had tried about 15 different mascaras... this is the best overall if you want LONG, STATEMENT LASHES. Not for the faint hearted that's for sure!

As others have said this is a very wet mascara so needs to be applied carefully, however it dries quickly. I used to use Rimmel Magnif'eye and this is sooo much better - doesn't make lashes stand up straight, leaves them with a nice curl, also doesn't flake or make lashes stick out at weird angles like Rimmel does!

My HG for sure :)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2009 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Zmnim

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I love this mascara. Makes my lashes look REALLY nice. You have to get used to the wand though. First use the flat side to put some product on your lashes and then use the brush part right away to add more product to each lash. Never had a problem with clumping. The tube also lasts for ages without drying out. :o)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2009 11:33:00 AM More reviews by stargazer_lily

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

So the first thing I've got to say is that when you pull the brush out of the tube, you will be afraid - VERY afraid. It's a monster of a brush and not only that, there is So Much Product on it as well. However, I believe I have mastered the scary brush - enough to find myself wearing this stuff to work every day!

Here's what I do: I scrape the brush along the inside rim at the opening of the tube as much as possible when pulling it out. Once I've done this, I then look for the long bristles on the brush and apply using those. You only need one or two passes across your lashes to get a beautiful, dramatic result. Provided you haven't allowed the brush to get too overloaded, you will avoid the dreaded "3 eyelash" look. I do keep an old clean mascara brush on hand for the odd time when I get some clumping and I'd definitely advise those new to this mascara to do the same. This might all sound like a lot of effort but the results really are incredible. You get:
--big va-va-voom lashes
--good curl holding power
--no flaking or smudging.

The formula is "wet" but dries quite quickly and once it dries it is fairly moisture resistant (hence it being perfect for going "clubbing" with). You will need a good oil-based makeup remover to get this stuff off. I oil my fingers up with mineral oil and just gently rub my lashes before cleansing.

To summarize, this is a mascara that is not for the faint-hearted but with a little practice and perseverance, you will be rewarded. One lippie off for the ridiculous overload of product on the brush - perhaps Bourjois should make the tube opening narrower. But aside from that, this is LOVE.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2009 4:47:00 AM More reviews by raffles

I bought this as I had been using Dior Iconic and wanted to try a cheaper alternative. I have to apply this with a very light hand else it causes clumping. This looks very fake but not in a good way - makes lashes look very dry, brittle and straight. On the plus side it doesn't flake or irritate me when I'm wearing contact lenses. Wouldn't repuchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/5/2009 10:13:00 PM More reviews by hiphopdance5

I first bought this cuz it was recommended by a makeup artist whose tutorials I love watching. It's really not that bad but there is something, like many other people, that I have discovered about it. You have to put a nice everyday mascara on first. Note: if your after natural looking lashes, then skip this product all together. But, if you put on any kind of mascara first and then the Volume Clubbing as a top coat, it really separates the lashes nicely and adds major volume. I would probably only buy it again though if I had some extra spending money.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/3/2009 9:06:00 PM More reviews by bunnymafia

This is a strange rating for me, but here is why! The mascara is good for what it is intended. Going out. Clubbing. It doesn't run or flake. It makes HUGE lashes. BUT.. The mascara itself goes on kind of gloppy. It makes your eyelashes big but not necessarily beautiful. You definitely need to separate the lashes after application, and don't expect a second coat to make it look better. After a second coat it really looks like you have three HUGE lashes. It drys so quick that separating lashes in a pain. BUT if it is a night out and you spend time applying it neatly it can be great. Another downside however is that the bottle is rather small and runs out incredibly fast. Would buy again for special occasions, though.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/24/2009 2:24:00 PM More reviews by dorsia

Whew, this stuff is intense. My lashes lose their curl quite easily, so this on its own is a no-go for me.

So, here's what I do.

A coat of Maybelline Volum' Express Waterproof on the top lashes.

Then, a coat of Bourjois on the lower lashes, and a quick touch-up on the top.

Amazing, dramatic, long, dark lashes. Bit clumpy, but this is a nighttime look, so I don't really mind! My eyes look huge.