September 23, 2014 | 1778 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Matte2 - Typographic

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2008 2:08:00 AM More reviews by chiodancrgrl23

I like Typographic because it isn't a dark black shade which makes it easier to apply on those who are afraid of a super dark eye. I also like the way this eyeshadow blends. The Matte2 formula is absolutely amazing. It goes on soft and builds easily. This shade looks pretty with silvers and golds and makes a pretty smokey eye. You could actually use it with any shimmery shade and it looks nice.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/2/2008 2:04:00 AM More reviews by tinaRUshopping

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great grey-black color. Blends very easily and it is perfectly matte which means no glitter to irritate my very sensitive eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/12/2008 5:23:00 AM More reviews by mitchy18

A great alternative to Carbon. Anybody who likes Carbon needs to try Typographic!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/13/2008 11:31:00 PM More reviews by jessmorgan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

my go to shadow for smudging and smoking- more versatile than carbon or print

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2008 1:22:00 AM More reviews by HapaDynazty

I loooove this for a smokey eye. It's so smooth and blendable. It's a dark charcoal gray, it's not black. It is pretty close though. Looks great on me. I have medium brown eyes, brown hair and my skintone is NC25. It goes with pretty much any eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/16/2008 4:15:00 PM More reviews by pmnixa

Loverly dark grey - totally matte. Even though it's a shadow, it seems to go on really moist and buttery (the Matte2s are really nice). Love this as liner with a lighter grey on the lid (Sue Devitt Berlin). I also have Carbon but there are times when I find Carbon to be way too black and dark. This is also much easier to blend and darker than Print, another MAC grey.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/16/2008 10:09:00 PM More reviews by Soyonzen

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

The black-gray for me. I chose this shade for my smoky eyes because it blends well with my pigments, it doesn't make me look like I got a black eye, it's not glittery, goes on smoothly and it's VERY pigmented. You can't go wrong with this one. Pad your brush lightly on the pan though. You only need a little bit.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/9/2008 2:16:00 AM More reviews by jessicaho

I was looking for a dark shadow but didn't want a totally black one like how Carbon was, so I got this and I love this shadow. It's a slightly greyed black which sparse microshimmer bits. It's a highly-pigmented shadow--you only need a little bit to get the pan colour. I use this line my lower lids now because no pencil can do that without smudging and I hate the harshness of liquid or gel. As a liner, it's very nice--does what a pencil liner should but without the sharpening, the smudging and all that horrible stuff. I just take my 219 brush and dip the tip in really lightly, tap off the excess and line. The shadow doesn't irritate my eyes either, and my eyes are very sensitive and I'm a contact lens-wearer. Awesome off-black if you think black is too harsh. Would repurchase when I run out (which might be never because it doesn't take much shadow at all for me to get my eyes done). Five lippies all the way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2008 12:07:00 AM More reviews by itshannah

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I was choosing for a good black e/s I noticed Blacktied had too much glitter, Carbon seemed TOO black, therefore i picked this one. and GLAD I did. It's so versitile! I can totally go dark with this by layering or I can use a touch of this add depth to any color combination w/o actually looking like black eyeshadow. Good blendibility, which is important for black e/s because streaky black is hard to fix. Definitely a new staple.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2008 7:46:00 PM More reviews by rochas2

I pretty much bought this product because of the name, horrible I know, but it ended up being the absolute best black I've ever owned. `asphalt black` is a very accurate description for me, sometimes it looks grey, othertimes it's a toned-down black, just like asphalt. It's muted enough to wear in the daytime and it's actually not glittery like almost every other black out there! I'm warm-toned and this actually worked on me. I'll buy this again if I run out!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No