Urban Decay Deluxe Shadow Box

4.7

Not tested on animals
Urban Decay is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

i wanted graffiti but this was a better deal. i use these shadows every day & i bring this palette with me everywhere i go. I mostly use graffiti peace & zero but the other colors are nice also. They are all pigmented (except 4 flash which needs to be built up) and smooth. when i finish the shadows i use the most ill buy a full size but this palette is an amazing deal for 9 eyeshadows!

on 7/2/2010 3:06:00 PM

This is a great product. It offers a nice assortment between bright/fun colors and sassy neutrals. great combo possibilities. The only one I never use is zero. It travels wonderfully, and so far no problems with the magnet losing it's stick and leaving the lid to fall open, or breakage of the shadows. UD makes my favorite shadows, and I am in the camp that is excited they are doing more neutrals and less SUPERGLITTER colors. Would buy again if I ever needed to! For now I see this lasting a very long time.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I just got this tooday on the mail! I was sooo excited I swatched all the colors and now I'm going to revieeeew......
FISHNET- It's so NEON pink purple I think it's a fun color to play with be a little crazy sometimes I like it a lot! Only con is that it's super sheer so you'd really have to pack it on for some POP!
HONEY- I'm personally not a fan of this color. I'm pale so gold looks strange on me LOL but I will say it's HIGHLY pigmented.
RANSOM- I. LOVE. THIS. PURPLE. Soooooo amazing! Very purple/blue it has such a beautiful sheen to it.
GRAFFITI- Let's go green! haha. I really like this shade it's more of a sweet fun green instead of foresty or BAM! It would be neat to mix with Honey.
ZERO- This is a semi-matte black it seemed a little yucky when I swatched it so I'll have to see how it works on the lid.
PEACE- This one is in the same boat as Ransom! I love it! Fun, crazy, and wild! Beautiful summer blue great for a day (or night) at the beach ;)
SHAG- This one is more if a bronze I don't knowhow much I'll wear it but it really is a nice color. :)
SCRATCH- This is BEAUTIFUL! It reminds me of Snatch (by UD) without the chunky gold glitter. I like it <3
UNDERGROUND- Nice cool beige/brown I'm excited to wear it!

So overall I took off a lippie for Zero. I can't say much about the price cause I bought it on Ebay. I really like the packaging!!! I love how the shadows are soooo smooth and buttery. I think this is a wonderful palette! 2 thumbs WAY UP!!

on 6/24/2010 6:54:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This palette is truly a great buy. It comes with 9 beautiful veluxe pearl shadows which aren't full of glitter like a lot of the Urban Decay shadows have and also two sponge applicators which are good for packing color on to the lid. The shadows are shimmery! NOT glittery :) They are VERY pigmented and have a soft, velvety texture. For $36 at Ulta, each eyeshadow is $4, which is really nice. It gives you plenty of options for colorful looks and neutral looks for day and night! Really, one of the best palettes on the market. A MUST BUY.

I bring this palette with me when i travel because it has 9 eyeshadows. You can do bright colorful looks, neutral, or just black. I dont use the neutral ones, but there are only 3 of them. all the shades are pigmented and smooth, and have a nice sheen to them. none are matte, but they are not glittery either. There is no highlight color in here, but i just use my own. I would buy this again since i use it almost everyday

on 6/18/2010 8:30:00 PM

I wanted to buy Peace and Fishnet, but they would be $36 together, so for a few $ more, i decided to buy this. I love it. The mirror is awesome so i can apply on the go, plus i like the velvet. All of these colors are silky and pigmented
Fishnet- A purple with slight pink tones in it. Its similar to UD flash, but flash has no pink tones and is less pigmented
Honey- A yellow gold. I dont really like this since it doesnt really flatter me. Its not that warm toned though, its on the cooler side. I dont really use this
Ransom- A blue with purple tones. It reminds me of a cornflower (but not as bright)
Graffiti- A really pretty green. Its bright, but not neon. For some reason, this isnt as pigmented but i just build up the intensity.
Zero- Its not completely matte, but its not gliterry. It has a sheen to it. Its not pure black, but its great if your venturing into dark colors but dont want to go full matte black.
Peace- My favorite! Its a really bright blue with this pretty sheen to it that makes it special. Its perfect for Summer since its so bright and fun
Shag- This color doesnt stand out to me much. Its just a bronzey neutral with very slight orange tones (at least on me anyway)
Scratch- Its a neutral pink. I say neutral because it isnt that bright, its a really subtle 'everyday' look if your into that kinda thing.
Underground- I thought this was a dupe for UD Smog, but i was wrong. Smog is much more pigmented and prettier. Underground is less deep bronze. I would say its a less intense version of smog.

This palette also comes with a mini primer potion(which i like) and 2 double ended sponge tip applicators. Overall, i love this palette and use it almost everyday, and i would buy it again.

Im really into dark sultry eyes, but sometimes i want a little color. Peace and Graffiti are my favorites, they look so good when the city lights reflect off them. I get a lot of compliments. i use and love every color in this palette. Love the packaging. The velvet is amazing. I like the mirror so when im staying over at somebodies house, i can touch it up quick. The shadows are small, but pigmented & you get a lot of them.

on 6/11/2010 10:49:00 PM

I love bright colorful eyeshadows. They are so fun to wear and look at, so i had to get this. Out of all the colors, i would not repurchase honey again, since it looks bad on me, but i love all the other shades. I like that it includes a mini primer potion + i love the big mirror. They are really smooth and pigmented, but i do use them with my brush slightly damp to make them brighter. When i travel, this is perfect since its 9 eyeshadows in one palette. I would buy this again since i love and use almost every shadow.

on 6/5/2010 10:19:00 AM

The quality of the shadows are great and the colors are gorgeous but I didn't like how none of the colors really look good together on the eyes...they can be clownish when worn together. I would purchase again because each individual color is pretty, but as a palette I could never use this on it's own.

on 6/5/2010 10:13:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

I love this pallete!! I like the neutral colours like underground, shag and scratch which are very wearable for everyday looks. They are a bit sheer for me though as I was expecting really pigmented colour from looking at them in the box but they are very light and sheer and not as dark as they look which was a bit of a downer e.g. Ransom looks like a deep violet colour but comes out quite purpley though teemed with Zero creates a very nice purple smokey eye look. It's nice that they've thrown in some bright fun shades as well. My fvourite shadows from this box are Honey, Shag, Underground and Scratch. Also the packaging is very nice and you get a small sample of primer potion with it. This is a good money saving way to test out a few different looks and UD shadows to see which ones you like!

Popular Palettes