August 28, 2014 | 990 users online

Hair Treatments - It's a 10 - Miracle Leave-In Product

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2013 12:04:00 AM More reviews by Ashmack12

This is my holy grail leave in! spray a couple pumps in my hands and run it through the lengths of my hair. I don't have to use any oil or anything else with it, not heavy or greasy. It is expensive $36 in the US for 10 oz. I have repurchased this multiple times, and will continue to.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/26/2013 5:24:00 PM More reviews by lollsazz

The first time I bought this was 3 years ago. My hair was down to my butt. I had bleached my hair twice, then coloured it. My usually very shiny and soft hair was quite dry and matte. The ends looked completely fried. I bought this, together with the It's a 10 mask. After about 2-3 weeks my hair was back to normal - I could again not need to brush it...at all - my hair seriously never got tangled, but of course I do brush it anyway :)
Although I had both the It's a 10 mask and this conditioner, I would say the conditioner helped me more than the mask, although the mask definitely also helped. This makes my hair soft and moisturised. The downside of that it keeps moisture in, is that it takes the hair longer time to dry. This doesn't really bother me. It doesn't smell bad, but not particularly nice either - the smell goes away pretty fast anyway. It's kind of a clean wet smell... I don't really know how to explain it. The texture is like a regular conditioner you use in the shower - it seemed strange to me that such a thick consistency didn't weigh my hair down. It absorbs into the hair really well. Don't get this onto your floor though - it will get very slippery.
When using this, remember: don't use much. For my normal thickness, butt-long hair I needed about 7 sprays for the whole amount of hair. I just sprayed it on, crunched my hair together, then just brushed it. It's better to have your hair more on the wet side than on the dry side - this is VERY important! The product doesn't absorb well into dry hair and leaves it crunchy and dry-feeling. So, if you get that result, it is very likely that your hair was too dry when you put it in. I try not to get this on the hair bottom, else my hair will get greasy very fast.
This also works well as a heat protectant! As soon as I got my hair back into good condition... I began curling it :P I was literally curling my hair every 3 days for half a year straight. When I didn't use the It's a 10 leave in conditioner, I noticed my hair dried out much more. Half a year of curling gave surprisingly little damage when using this! This may not be the perfect thing for curling though - it makes it slightly more difficult as the curl doesn't hold as well. This is not a problem for me though, because my curling iron is awesome (ceramic tourmaline). For straightening hair this should be even better.
I bought mine on ebay, from Strawberrynet. It cost $33 for 10 oz, and I think it's a good price. Free shipping too :) It can also be bought from strawberrynet.com directly, when they have it.
Fast forward to now: I decided to cut my hair down to my arm pits about two years ago. It got very easy to take care of, so I abandoned the it's a 10 conditioner. I have coloured my hair about 5 times in the last 7 months. Just because I wanted to try something new. The dye I used: Liese Bubble Dye doesn't really give much damage, but I do notice that my hair gets harder to brush and less shiny. I found my old bottle of this again and rediscovered the magic power! I use this after every wash by spraying some right into my palm and applying to the ends.
After 1 use my hair gets easier to brush, after the second, there's more shine, after the third my hair is almost as soft as it was before colouring it. Since this doesn't have all 5 lippies rating, I assume this doesn't work equally well on everyone, which is sad, but this really is a miracle for me :) It detangles, protects against heat, makes hair very shiny and very soft, and the effect isn't coated hair - this actually repairs my hair! When I was younger I thought it wasn't really possible to repair hair. It might be that you cannot return it to look like it did on a molecular level, but it sure feels and looks like healthy virgin hair on the scale available for the naked eye. The only thing I'm careful with is not to use it so much that my hair get too smooth - it then gets difficult to pull up in a ponytail as the hair-tie keeps sliding out X)
This seems to work better when I blow-dry my hair (with a little bit of heat) than when it just dries naturally. Maybe this just works better with heat than without?
Do I recommend this? Yes, please try it if you have damaged hair! I think it's possible to get small bottles of this. You should be able to see the effects pretty soon if this works for your hair too :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2013 3:49:00 PM More reviews by jab2eb

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this product! I used to wonder why my hair was looked and felt so much better when I went to my hairdresser than when I did it myself and I finally noticed that he was using this! I bought it myself and I can literally get salon quality hair at home! The only reason I go back to him now is for a trim or to buy some of this from him which he sells himself for $25 for a 10 ounce. Its pretty expensive at CVS (about $40 for a 10 ounce bottle), but you can buy it from other stores or online for cheaper!

This product is literally all you need to get silky, smooth, shiny, and strong hair! I spray some on when i get out of the shower, before I blow dry, and I also spray some after blowdrying before I straighten it. I'm not sure why people say it took their hair longer to dry because my blowdrying time is about the same. I haven't tried the version of this with Keratin and I don't think I will because my hair dresser advised me against it. I have very thick, relaxed hair and this works wonderfully for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/11/2013 11:22:00 PM More reviews by carissytine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

A few years ago, my hairdresser used this in my hair one day after a cut and a few years later I am still using it on a daily basis! This product works great for detangling and keeping my hair soft and shiny, and it smells fresh - not overly perfumey. I have naturally straight, fine/medium strands, and a little of this stuff goes a long way. I use 3-4 spritzes, concentrating on the ends, and brush through after a shower. It is a little pricey (about $12 for the travel size, $36 for the 10 oz.) but not outrageous, especially because the 10 oz. bottle will last me half of the year! I have tried many leave-in conditioners in the past, and this one definitely tops them all.

Just as a side note, these come in super cute hot pink bottles around breast cancer awareness month :)

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2013 1:34:00 AM More reviews by 6lex10

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I'm almost out of this product and I've had it for almost 6 months. During this time I have really learned to love this product. It replinishes the moisture in my hair, detangles it, reduces frizz, and protects it from heat. I spray this 6-8 times into my palm and run it through the bottom half of my hair. FYI I have really long, thick hair. This is a HG product for sure!!! It definitely is worth the money and I recommend it to everyone.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/29/2013 6:53:00 PM More reviews by Silverspoon1450

I put this product in after I take a shower at night...I wake up to nice, shiny, healthy hair. I haven't tried the leave in + keratin yet so don't know what the difference is, but I would definitely buy this product again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2013 11:44:00 AM More reviews by Giag6

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I am obsessed with this stuff. I alternate between this and goldwell deep reflects leave-in treatment.. The one thing I don't like about it's a 10 is that I find it takes my hair longer to dry when blowing it out.. But this really does fight frizz. I also find if I sleep funny and get crazy bed head all I need to do it brush it out and it goes right back to straight hair... This really is a great product...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2013 9:34:00 PM More reviews by tigirlyly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this leave in conditioner. I have highlight and lowlights with waist long hair. This is a great product if you have tangle prone hair when it is wet. Allows me to combs my wet hair quickly. No need for a heat protection serum/product. I just spray to damp hair and blow dry. My hair is silky not greasy. I shampoo every 3rd day. LOVE this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/17/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by Pambryant

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is cheaper at Nordstrom Rack. My expensive Uptown stylist (a splurge) recommended it, and he even doesn't sell it in his salon...makes my processed hair silky with no residue.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/16/2013 9:10:00 AM More reviews by SourGummiWorms

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This was my HG but I'm allergic to one of the ingredients :( it caused my face, chest and back to breakout horribly.

I have bra strap length hair and a little goes a long way so you really do get your moneys worth. I use only 1 or 2 squirts.