September 22, 2014 | 959 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Plus White - 5 Minute Speed Whitening Gel

rated 1 of 5 on 7/5/2011 3:26:00 PM More reviews by QueenofKings

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Could hardly wait for a trip to the states to purchase this. I wish I had read all the reviews here. I got mine setup a ready to go and go to pour the gel into the mouth guard and it was like water. Just a runny mess - this is not a gel at all. It made no difference to my teeth and was difficult to get any on my teeth. I do not recommend this product.
continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/1/2011 11:44:00 PM More reviews by regrebs

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This stuff is like a magic eraser. I don't drink coffee, wine, soda, or very much tea, and I don't smoke, but my teeth always were pale yellow anyway. I picked up the Plus White kit for $11 at Walgreens after board searching the best teeth whiteners. I didn't notice a difference in the color of my teeth after the first use like other reviewers; it took me four or five uses. Right now, my teeth are whiter than they've ever been, right down to the gumline. I squirt some gel directly into the mouth guard, just a little bit straight across the top and bottom, not in the sides at all because it squishes around and covers my teeth right when I bite down. I usually leave it for 30 minutes and have had no sensitivity. I'll always have a tube on hand and will recommend this to anyone who asks me about teeth whitening.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/1/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by queenfluff

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Ok, I just bought this because of so many good reviews here and other places online. I have been using the CVS 5 mintue one (leaving it in for longer than 5 minutes) for about almost 2 weeks. It seems like it helped a little but only on certain teeth (of course the teeth that really weren't too yellow). I will say I have some pretty yellow teeth on the bottom so I didn't expect immediate whiteness on those but it almost seemed like it stopped getting anything whiter after a while.

I found a coupon for this (but forget to bring it to the store grrr!!!) for a $1 off and it was cheap at Walmart so getting frustrated with the CVS stuff seemingly stop working.

I did my first pass for 15 minutes - I would have gone for 20 (since I have some teeths that are pretty yellow - one even has a brownish tint to it - bleech - I love coffee) but I got LOTS of foamy foam and spit - It was driving me nuts and I can usually suffer for beauty.

I did it the normal way with the tray but I think next time I will try a q-tip or apply with fingers. The tray seemed to keep sliding on me a bit like it wouldn't stay against my teeth - it is almost too flexible compared to the CVS one which is smaller but harder. I think it might be too big for me since I have a small mouth. Some of my teeth are crooked on the bottom (even though I suffered with braces for years - a few reverted back) so I think those teeth cause the tray to not fit properly because one of the teeth protude out - that is the brown tooth too! ugh. I have a custom mouth guard but only for my top teeth so I might try that next. I had to laugh at the blue mouth guard when I opened the package up ! :)

My mouth feels a bit tingly after (mostly after I used the pre-rinse) but I don't feel any sensitivity yet but still a bit tingly and tastes better than the CVS stuff.

I haven't seem too many reviews on here for people who said their teeth were pretty yellow - I am pretty sure mine is from coffee drinking/cola drinking.

So, not too much difference after the first 15 minute pass which I was suprised at because of all the foaming and tinging - One bottom tooth looks like some of the yellow came off. Most of my yellow is near the gumline so hopefully my gums don't ever get irritated from this because I am going to need to get close to there. So I am still crossing my fingers for this one but I know I have a loooong way to go.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 1 of 5 on 7/1/2011 2:52:00 AM More reviews by mishkee

I wanted so badly for this product to work for me. I saw no results at all. Not even the tiniest bit whiter. I even took before and after pics.. yea they look the same. And this made my teeth very sensitive. And its a slobbery nasty mess to use. I think I'm just gonna shell out the money for crest white strips. I feel like this was a complete waste of time and all I got was achey teeth :(

rated 1 of 5 on 6/16/2011 11:35:00 PM More reviews by Iamsheherazade

I am astounded that this product is reviewed so highly. It's a runny, goopy mess. I tried to apply it into the tray and it just runs out like water. If, as I've read in other reviews, it's a bad batch why are they still on the shelves and why doesn't the manufacturer complete a quality control check before shipping the product.
What I did manage to use made absolutely no difference to the whiteness of my teeth. In my opinion run don't walk to better known brands that have some sort of standards that they aspire to before shipping products out to consumers. I do not recommend this product.

*.-~**`*~-.-Iamsherazade-,.-~**`*~-.*
continued >>

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/9/2011 9:27:00 PM More reviews by pipsqu3ak

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I must be the only one who got not one, but TWO dud bottles that were basically liquid. I'd happily gone through two tubes without any consistency issues (hence the 4 stars), then I bought a new tube only to have the gel run all over the mouth guard included, like it was liquid. I thought maybe I just got unlucky, and bought another bottle from the same Walgreens. Yeah, liquified again. I did some Googling and found that there had been some stability issues with recent batches. I'm afraid to buy another dud bottle and waste even more money... even though it's been a few months since the last time I bought some. Might give it another try, because I truly loved it when it was the consistency it should have been. Hopefully you don't have my luck!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 2:42:00 AM More reviews by Rassberries

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I used this with mouthguards as recommended by Kandee and it works WONDERFULLY. :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2011 2:40:00 AM More reviews by Ihavequestions

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

Wow. I LOVE this stuff. It gets your teeth noticeably white after only a few uses (my husband even noticed!) AND causes NO sensitivity in me. This is the only whitening thing I've been able to stick to after having bought and tried many different things for year because anything else made my teeth really sensitive after a few uses and that just makes me feel stabby. And SO cheap! I already had some trays to use with this (though not custom ones). I apply it with a Q-tip and then use those little in between the teeth brushes to get it in between my teeth and whiten. Really couldn't be happier --- have been telling everyone I know about this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/10/2011 2:27:00 PM More reviews by Phanatical28

I've been using this since high school, and am now 22, so it's been a good 5-6 years. I really like it a lot! I whiten often with the highest power Crest strips, but this works great too. The tray that the kit comes with is super comfy, and normally I despise trays. A little of the gel goes a long way. My teeth really are noticeably whitened after using this even a few times. I love that the gel tubes are only like, $5USD, so I can just keep using my old tray. I would say this is almost as good as, if not just like, the Crest strips. I have another girlfriend who uses this religiously as well, and her teeth are glowy too. There's no foul taste at all, and it doesn't sting or burn, even if I have an ulcer (I'm prone to them because of some stomach disorders I have). If it ever foams up too much and feels like it'll gag you, I gently remove the tray, spit the excess out, and replace it for the rest of the time. It says 5 Minute, but my best girlfriend and I tend to leave them in for 20-30 with no sensitivity or ill effects. This is a fantastic buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/10/2011 1:27:00 PM More reviews by miamigal

After visiting a new dentist for a cleaning, where the hygienist tried to sell me on $560 Zoom whitening (including trays for maintenance), I turned to MUA. I found the reviews for this product, and watched Kandee Johnson's video. So, I went out and bought the kit for $11. I tried to find a mouthguard to do the custom whitening trays that Kandee suggests, but could not find one. So I just used the included trays. Per Kandee's instructions, I used my finger to apply. Then I put in the included mouthguard. Those trays are a little awkward, since the top and bottom are connected (so your mouth is essentially locked shut during the treatment). I use it in the shower, as Kandee suggested. I have been using 1x a day (though the instructions say twice a day) for about 10 days, and my teeth are definitely whiter. Not professionally whitened white (yet), but very noticeably whiter. The crest whitestrips never did much for me, and left my teeth and gums very sensitive. This is much more effective, and my teeth and gums are only the tiniest bit sensitive from the treatments. MUA and Kandee saved me $549 with this product! :)

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No