December 21, 2014 | 945 users online

Powder - Sephora - Matifying Powder Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2009 5:29:00 PM More reviews by pattriciaa

I really, really enjoyed this product. To me, having combination skin - oliy in my T-zone: it was extremely versatile. If I felt I needed extra coverage, I would dampen a sponge and getting a nicer, fuller coverage. But for everyday use, especially for school, I didn't have to re-touch anything. I would just use a skunk brush and it works WONDERS. It lasts for a long time especially set with Sephora's Makeup Setting Mist - which was practically a bargain for only $12.00 !

I waited to write this review after I've used it by itself, with primers, with the mist - and its very versatile and can suit the way most people apply their foundations. Its been about 6 months, only using htis product and I'm extremly happy. It did not make me break out and it didn't clog my pores or anything!
It also looks extremely natural - this is a great product for beginners.
I don't suggest it for drier skin types, mainly because when my acne dries up- it looks flaky with this product on.

Hope this helped :)

rated 2 of 5 on 3/27/2009 7:52:00 PM More reviews by nyla9711

I bought this as a powder to go over my Sephora Double Mineral Compact. I must say that this made my face very oily. I am not the type that has to blot my face through out the day all the time, but with this I had too. Even if I reapplied it, it made it worse. It also felt heavy on my skin and I felt like I was wearing too much makeup. The compact is plain, there's no mirror or applicator. Not that I would use the applicator if it came with it because I use a retractable Kabuki brush, but it would be nice to have that as an option. But I guess the cheap cost doesn't allow those features. You could probably find better quality in a drugstore.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2009 10:04:00 AM More reviews by tanyabon

This is the best powder I even tried. I know that (theoretically) it suppose to be the foundation, but I use it as a powder.
And as a concealer. It's a little dry for me to use it as foundation.
I'm in my second pack. First time I found the powder/foundation, which has color completely matching my skin tone (I'm using the lightest, D05).
Sephora changed the design and now this compact goes with mirror and sponge puff , which is very helpful. I used to carry them separately with previous version.

Love it and will repurchase over and over again!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2009 8:29:00 PM More reviews by Teeta

Picked this up since my tan faded and the Double Mineral Compact is not available at any stores in went to in D30. (They have every one by the D30!) Matched in a D33. Colour was ok a bit on the orange side but it was SO drying. So it made my skin look very dry and rough. Even after piling on the moisturized and using a primer it made my skin flake and my skin is not THAT dry. The texture is a bit rough, like nothing like the Double Mineral Compact which I think was a bit moisturing but looked great on my combo skin. The Double Mineral is great since compeltely cleared up my skin after years of breakout with Studio Fix powder. I think this one will break me out like most products that dry my skin out too much do.
Update: stuck with this for a couple of weeks but had to switch to D22 since the D33 and D30 were getting dark after it sunk into my skin. Broke out horribly but has excellent oil control :( Going to exchange for the mineral one since that didn't break me out.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/17/2008 11:48:00 PM More reviews by kenji2221

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is seriously my HG powder. before this powder I had always worn translucent powders but I decided to venture into something with more coverage. Anyways, I had never tried any sephora products but I found this perfectly matched my skin and was matte (which i love). I got it in the shade D35, and I use a dense brush to dab a few applications on my face . . . and then I buff buff buff. The end result is a natural looking matte finish. You can also use this foundation wet if you want to conceal something. Anyways, I will continue to buy this forever and ever and long as they don't change anything. I love this stuff!

rated 3 of 5 on 11/2/2008 3:37:00 PM More reviews by gint518

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Bought this because I was looking for something less expensive than my HG powder foundation, Laura Mercier. This is ok, but even in the lightest color it it a little dark for my skin. I use this over primer when my skin isn't looking too bad. When I have lots to pcover though, I use the Laura Mercier. I would probably buy again just because of the price.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/18/2008 11:54:00 PM More reviews by claireknowles

I use this powder foundation every day (sometimes as just a powder, and sometimes as a foundation, applied with a damp sponge) and stocked up on it while it was on sale before Sephora "repackaged" it. I don't know if the new formula is as good as the old one, but I hope so. I've only found one product for a similar price that provides better coverage and color, but that product is made by Shiseido and sold only in Japanese convenience stores, so you can't get it in the states.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2008 1:32:00 AM More reviews by Chickeys

I purchased this recently after deciding that although it's great, my NARS powder foundation is too expensive for my budget. :-( I have been using it for about 3 weeks, and I think it's a very middle-of-the-road powder foundation. It looks great when first applied (over moisturizer and dots of concealer) but by the end of the day I'm pretty oily and the powder has caked around my nose and lips -- ick. I like the packaging as it's convenient, and the shade range is pretty good (D20 was a good match for my NW20 skin), but I won't repurchase because the staying power isn't very good.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/11/2008 8:54:00 PM More reviews by 3evita

I really like this powder foundation I have D25. It;'s the perfect color for the winter!! I tend to tan in the summer & I can't find the right color for the summer!! I have acne prone skin and I love the coverage of this foundation just wish I could find my color for this summer!!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2008 12:08:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

I really wanted to like this foundation because the colour was perfect for my skintone and the powder was so finely milled. The packaging so classy. BUT, I broke out with this. I got little bumps all over my forehead and my cheeks. I'm so disheartened that it didn't suit me and upon checking the ingredient list, I noticed it contained "bismyth oxycholride(CI 77163)' and 'Talc' which doesn't suit my skin at all. Will be returning this and getting the Double Compact with SPF 10 since it doesn't contain the two ingredients mentioned above. Hopefully that'll be better. Too bad the colour wouldn't be perfect but oh well. I rather have slightly imperfect colour than a pizza face!