April 23, 2014 | 1909 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 5 of 5 on 12/8/2013 5:36:00 AM More reviews by Pseudonormic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I've tried so many foundations and bb creams, it's not funny. I've been in search of a foundation that doesn't look like I have any make up on. After reading the reviews, I was pretty skeptical but I went down to the mac counter and bought one anyway. A$50 for a 50ml, why not? The results were fantastic!!! The mac SA applied it with a brush and it ended up looking cakey and thick, I must say I was disappointed. However, upon returning home. I wiped it all off and used lioele bb dollish in green as a makeup base (tiny dot applied all over my face), then 3x pearl sized drops of mac f&b (forehead and both cheeks). I apply each section of my face with my fingers and blend until it becomes tacky. Then I spot conceal, apply blush and I'm done. People at work think I have good skin. I don't. My skin tone is so uneven it's not funny. This evens out my skin tone and it looks perfect! I also have allergies so mid day, my makeup around my nose, cheeks and chin have all but left my face. Mac f&b doesn't lift the makeup off my face and onto the tissue. I love it!!!! I will repurchase again. Oh, because it's non-transferable, using regular face wash won't remove it. I use ponds cold cream to clean it off then wash with facial cleanser. It's the trick NOT to end up with breakouts. This stuff isn't easy to clean off hence some girls end up with pimples & clogged pores. I'm 35 but using this, people still think I'm in my early twenties because it makes my skin look young and fresh!!

rated 2 of 5 on 12/2/2013 5:29:00 PM More reviews by Beyzzz

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

this is a marvelous product for dry skins. I wanted to use some light coverage product to use with my oily face and tried this one. It was my mistake, it just slowly slides of from my face after half an hour but I am currently trying to find a primer to use with and a powder to set it. I will update this if I find a match.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/28/2013 1:37:00 PM More reviews by skinjazz

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This contains orange essential oil, a known photo-sensitizer. This has wreaked havoc with my pigmentation and freckles! It may be a lovely natural looking foundation, but if you have pigmentation of any kind, I'd give this a wide berth.

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2013 7:37:00 PM More reviews by wysiwyg

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation.

For reference, I'm fair/cool (N2 in this foundation), VERY dry skin, allergic to all those promise-making broad spectrum sunscreens many manufacturers want to put in foundation these days. We're talking a serious, itchy red rash (avobenzone, octinoxate, oxybenzone, . . .).

What I look for -- pretty sheer, very natural, dewy, staying power. I've been cycling through many brands and products -- hair, face, cosmetics, body - for the past year to adapt to the curve balls that aging is throwing my way. I've been using MAC Face and Body Foundation for nearly a year now and can confidently tell you that it delivers.

My routine is to cleanse, moisturize, apply eye cream, then apply this. As I said, pretty sheer, very natural, dewy finish, lasts all say. It's VERY runny, so the eyedropper bottle on MAC's part was genius. I've got a little (1/2 oz?) eyedropper bottle full for travel.

Highly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/22/2013 9:15:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

If I'm lookin for a very light foundation this is what I reach for. It doesn't cover up old blemish marks but it does lightly even out my skintone. I think this foundation is perfect for those who have near to flawless skin.

I'm an NC25- NC30 and this is about a C3 in mac face and body.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2013 10:28:00 PM More reviews by Fiache

I got this in C6 and I'm a NC37-NC42. I got dry/normal skin and live in a humid environment.
I don't really bother to much about this foundation on my makeup counter. I feel like it lacks the pigmentation that I like in foundations. It feels more like a tinted moisturizer.
The shade is great for me though, it works from when I'm NC37 to a NC42, and I adjust it with the help of my bronzer. It gives a dewy-satin finish and offers sheer-medium coverage. I'm not the kind of person who would put 2 layers of foundation on my face, so I can't tell you if the coverage is buildable or not. I will try it, just to find out for you guys.
It is very natural looking and doesn't feel heavy on the skin. I last me for a couple of hours but I do need a powder on hand to take away the shine that eventually peeks through.
I would not recommend this to anyone who needs to cover scars, acne or dark spots etc. It's just to sheer for that. The texture is really runny and I apply it with my Elf flat top brush. It needs to be worked into the skin and you really need to buff it in properly. The liquid thickens the more you work with it. It has sort of a "goopy" feeling to it, hard to explain.
On a "go send a letter, lazy day off day" or "I don't feel like wearing a lot of makeup today" I would slatter this on, but it's def not my go to foundation.

It comes in a plastic bottle with screw top pointy lid which makes it very hygienic.
It will last me a lifetime cause I got the big bottle which made it so much more affordable, 120 ml for 35 $.

I would not repurchase if I finished it up. I think there are better foundations out there to be found!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/14/2013 3:35:00 PM More reviews by meganlovesyooou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This foundation will always have a place in my makeup bag!

For me, it's a great "day off" foundation. The finish is like, beyond natural. It doesn't lean too dewey or too matte, just has what I would call a "skin" finish. It just gives enough coverage to even out discoloration, but wouldn't do much for blemishes or dark spots.

The texture is super thin and, strangely, emollient. I prefer to apply this over freshly cleansed and moisturized skin, massaging in about a pearl sized amount all over with my fingertips and patting a dab or two over areas that need a little bit more coverage.

The longevity of this foundation is pretty good. My skin is combination, with dry cheeks and a mildly oily t-zone, and this foundation starts to separate through my t-zone after about 4 hours.

The packaging is a no-fuss and streamlined. I have the larger bottle, but next time, I'll probably go for the small one--so it fits better in a travel makeup bag. :]

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2013 11:46:00 AM More reviews by LazyDresser

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I was matched with C2 - and it's perfect. So much so that after applying it, I can hardly tell I have anything on at all. And I mean that literally - this isn't 'my skin but better.' Pores don't disappear, spots are still visible, shadows - forget it! it isn't velvety, or satiny, or dewy or matte. There's a barely discernible evening out, a slight, overall 'lift' - but other than that, I look precisely as I did before I applied it. In its favour however: it applies like a dream and other products (concealer, blush, powder) that you apply over it also apply beautifully - no blotching, no streaking, no caking, no horrible dry patches. And once everything else is on, the foundation seems to come into its own, providing an even, hydrated canvas for everything else. So I went from 'What on earth is all the fuss about' just after application, to 'Oh - that's rather nice' at the end. I find it works well with a neutral cream or liquid blush (Bobbi Brown Uber Beige Pot Rouge in my case), barely there cream eye shadow (Max Factor shadow pencil in Wild Caramel) and a natural lip (Vaseline Rosy Lips). As I have black lashes, mascara is optional, but that would probably finish the look. What impressed me was the price: I bought a 50ml bottle for £21.50. Not cheap, but compares well to the £28 or more for other higher end foundations. I also happen to *like* the plastic squeezy bottle it comes in. It's not aesthetically stunning, but it's fuss free and practical. No danger of breakages, light and travel friendly. I also love the fact that it is so hydrating and feels lovely on the skin. So yes - I'd definitely repurchase. I've been through 'em with foundations and bases - high end, drug store, powder, liquid, cream, BB, CC, tinted moisturiser... And - fortunately for my poor purse - this is Journey's End on the 'everyday base' for me. For fuller coverage, incidentally, I find Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation gives the high enders a run for their money. And for visible glow, I go for Clinique CC Cream. I've taken off one lippie because to my mind this isn't a foundation - more like a hybrid between skincare and make up.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2013 4:05:00 AM More reviews by shamelessme

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

My summer holy grail foundation!
I've recently been on the hunt for a great foundation to use in summer. I stumbled across 'Face and Body' due to its water-resistance, making it ideal for wear at the beach. I'm currently a NC20 and bought 'Face and Body' in the shade C2, which matches perfectly!
'Face and Body' is the first foundation I've ever used that looks 100% natural. When blended in, it looks exactly like my skin (but better). It has a beautiful finish and is very durable and long lasting. Additionally, it is a light coverage that can probably be built up to a medium coverage. As a regular beach-goer this is perfect for me because I want to have a bit of coverage when I'm at the beach, but not so much that I look like I'm going out clubbing. If you have problematic skin and want a full/heavy coverage, I would not recommend this foundation for you.

At the moment, due to a change in the weather and the stress of exams, my skin is combination. 'Face and Body' does not increase the oiliness of my skin in the slightest, whilst at the same time, does not patch over any dry spots. The dry spots aren't noticeable on my face in the slightest when I have the foundation on, so I highly recommend this for a person with slightly oily/dry skin. However, due to the finish of the foundation, I would not recommend this to anybody with very oily skin.

This foundation is also one of the best values for money you can get at MAC in terms of their foundations - $49 (AUD) for 50mL.

The only complaint I really have is that when I apply 'Face and Body' with a brush, it does tend to make the bristles quite 'gloopy', for lack of a better word. However, this should not be a problem if you regularly clean your brushes/opt for using your hands to apply the foundation instead.

In summary - this foundation is the perfect summer foundation and I will be using it daily for the duration of the season. I highly recommend it, particularly to those who want a light-medium coverage and still look natural.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/7/2013 10:51:00 PM More reviews by emmalybtch

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My favorite foundation of all time. This is sheer-light coverage, but can be built up. It has a dewy finish. Evens out skintone amazingly. It won't cover anything major, but it gets rid of redness really well. If you have nice skin and just want to even things out, this is perfect. Also the amount you get is more than the average foundation. (They have 50 ml and 120 ml bottles)