MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

on 9/6/2014 12:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I have oily, acne-prone skin that sometimes gets dry, flaky spots. For my skin, the biggest risk factor is what I put on it. I decided to give MAC Face and Body a shot, since it seems texturally thin. It looks a bit oily upon application, but dries down to an acceptable matte within about half an hour. Sadly, though, every time I wear it, I end up with one very large blemish somewhere on my face. It's possible I'm allergic to an ingredient; I break out with multiple similar blemishes if I eat anything with soy protein in it. I have much better results with L'Oreal Magic Nude (very liquid, light coverage, but enough to tone down discolorations) and my new favorite, which isn't really a foundation, Maybelline Dream Pure BB Cream (looks airbrushed on my skin, no breakouts, and I'm totally amazed by it).

on 9/6/2014 4:37:00 AM

I love this!

A little bit about my skin. My skin is normal combination. Normal on the cheeks and a bit oily on the tzone. Its also dehydrated but not dry. i have a few breakouts a month which leave discolaration. I got Chronic Fatique Syndrom so my skin always looks quite tired, non glowy and i got dark under eye cirkles.
I use the shade C1 and C2 in summer.
my other shades:
Ysl le teint touche eclat in B30
Chanel Vitalumiere in B20
Nars Sheer Glow in Ceylan.

So this foundation dubbles for a light coverage foundation and a medium coverage foundation as Its very buildable.
When I have a bad skin day or a party i can layer this to a medium coverage which makes the slight acne scarring on my cheeks almost dissapear..

On a normal day i can use it as a light coverage on my forhead and nose so my freckles will still show. My skin on my forhead and nose is good so i dont feel like i need much coverage there. Just a bit evening out maybe. (Plus heavy coverage on my nose makes it always look very cakey) On my cheeks and chin i build this up to cover my discolarations.

On a non makeup day when you dont really want to wear anything on your face but need a bit of a glow you can just put this on very sheer.

So thats 1 foundation for my 3 most used looks!!!!!!!

The finish is natural. Not too dewy not matte either. Just normal healthy skin.
I powder my t zone lightly so it wont look flat but still keeps shine in check.

So ladies... if you like a light natural look but also a medium coverage look which is still natural... GET THIS.

Best foundation ever in my oppinion! Goes on nicely, gives a lovely glow and last forever. This fdtion doesn't cover everything but can be build up to a medium coverage. Would highly recommend as the same shade can worn during the winter and summer (adjust a little to the skin as it's very watery).

I got this foundation to use as my summer base because I wanted something light and dewy. I got matched to the shade N1 which is just about right for my pale skin, possibly slightly dark but i do have neutral undertones. It is a good price for a trusted high end brand with a good amount of product in the bottle. I applied it first with a buffing brush but it wasn't working, so tried with my fingers, as most people suggest, but I really did not like that either.
I just couldn't get on with it unfortunately, it has a sheer coverage and just seemed to disappear from my face within a couple of hours, though I have normal skin. I then tried mixing it with other foundations that I know work for me to make them slightly more glowing, however it made the lasting power on these drop significantly too. It didn't break me out but feels slightly greasy on my face when applied, however I do like the smell.
I can imagine it being perfect for makeup artists on shoots because when first applied the foundation looks amazing. I adore the finish, but for every day wear, it just doesn't work for me.
If anyone has this foundation, just a heads up, I was told to shake the bottle every so often due to it being water based, to make it last longer and keep it fresh. :)

on 9/3/2014 6:30:00 PM

I really like this product!!!!!! I use it everyday!! I use it to have a natural look. I wear a uniform everyday so im not too concerned about looking "glam". I have combo skin but as long as I powder the oily spots im good. Mid day I like the dewy look so I don't mind it. When I do want a "glam" look I mix it with my graftobian palette to thin out the crème foundation and get more coverage out of f&b and I love it!!!!

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Not Sure

Love it to pieces. For the longest time I used matte foundations and they always ended up making my skin look dull and cakes no matter the application. This little gem is so perfect for everyday use. It's dewy and makes your skin look like it's naturally even and glowy. You basically set it with blotting powder & you're ready to go. Dot some concealer on any blemishes and undereye circles because this is a sheer foundation that covers redness but not any spots. For that I used mac select cover up. I always get compliments on how nice my skin is. Try this! AND you get a TON of product for something this HQ. so actually it's not as pricey as it looks, it'll last longer than a small bottle from Mac, but for the same price.

on 8/31/2014 12:54:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Other

You need to be realistic about this product. It's not for coverage. If you can accept that, then you will get along fine with it. I use this religiously when I have good skin days and during daytime wear. I have combo skin, I use a primer, concealer on spots and lightly powder my T-zone. It lasts the same as my other foundations (MUFE HD, EL DW, Chanel Aqua), I always have to at least blot with every foundation at some point. It evens out skin tone beautifully and let's my natural freckles etc show through. N.B - you can build it up to a light/medium, I wore it on my wedding day (daytime ceremony) and it was beautiful with photography and in person

I have shade C4 as my sister very kindly gave me the foundation as she hated it. My actual shade is C3 as C4 is a bit dark on me.

The good
This looks like skin!
Feels bare, very lightweight and natural
Photographs well
Adds natural glow
A lot of product
Covers redness

The bad
Costly (but a lot of product)
Covers no marks, scars or freckles
Gets badly oily if not powdered or blotted
Lasts about 4-6hrs on my skin (makes my pores look huge by 6th hour)

I like this foundation simply because I hate wearing makeup and trying to match 3000 shades to my skin. This foundation is so natural it simply enhances your skin. It doesn't cover ANY marks but covers redness. I wear it as a day foundation (most days)... for going out it back to studio fix fluid!

Its consistency is somewhat stickly but that resides. Always POWDER!!!

Another eponymous product I wanted to love... C2 was a beautiful match on my light/medium yellow toned skin, and it did impart a nice "glow" at first but got straight up shiny as the day progressed. The coverage was very light and evened things out with a second coat. I did rub it in with my fingers instead of a sponge or brush application.
I just can't wear this however because I am *95% sure that it broke me out. Really badly. I have skin that usually tolerates makeup well, and I just can't commit to trying it again and risking the acne and resulting hyperpigmentation and scarring that follows it.

*Edited-100% sure it broke me out in spots that took a long time to heal. :(

on 8/26/2014 8:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I really like this product. I have sensitive skin and I don't get any reactions whatsoever. It is very light and can be applied with your fingertips - this was a big plus for me as I'm too lazy to apply fountain any other way ;) You can build it up for heavier coverage however I find one coat paired with Golden bronzing powder is perfect for work/day wear and I add a second coat for night wear. The lightness of the foundation also means you can make a bottle last for a couple of months as it spreads out so evenly and smoothly across the face, which helps ease the pain of the price tag. Long lasting wear, especially if paired with a primer and gives the skin a lovely glow. Enjoy! x