October 30, 2014 | 1491 users online

Liquid - MAC - Face and Body Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 5/9/2014 9:04:00 PM More reviews by ginandjuice

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This does not control oil at all. So if your skin is oily at all beware of that. Otherwise it's good.

I love the bottle and the light consistency of this. Very natural and is more than just a tinted moisturizer. Fairly buildable, but you have to let it dry between applications. Takes awhile to dry.

Didn't oxidize on my skin. It's not very long lasting with my oily skin. Have to blot throughout the day, even using blot powder or Urban Decay deslick powder, and my skin is only oily in my t - zone and not even extremely oily. Overall I like my Colorstay much better since it does help control oil. It might be good to mix with your oil controlling foundation, but I haven't tried that.

I think this would be great for dry skin or normal skin. Hides imperfections ok for the coverage this provides. Didn't break me out. Wasn't irritating.

I won't be rebuying this unfortunately.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2014 7:29:00 PM More reviews by RamanB

I love the sheer-medium coverage of this ! I'm NC25 and wear this in C2! It's perfect I mix mine with a small amount of strobe as I have dry skin ! I brought the 120ml bottle and it's amazing value !!!! It's build-able and sinks into the skin leaving a flawless finish! I wear pretty heavy concealer under my eyes (mac prolongwear) so this is enough to blend all my make up in, would buy this over and over again !

rated 4 of 5 on 5/3/2014 4:15:00 AM More reviews by Swho06

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this product, I have used this on & off the past 8-10years, I tend to use this mainly in summer months, as it's light & provides a more natural coverage rather than a full coverage. In summer it gives me a dewy look. I have olive dry skin and this is perfect for me in summer. So glad that it's back in the MAC Myer stores. I always have a bottle in my cupboard.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2014 1:57:00 AM More reviews by KarmaEls

This is my first purchase from MAC, and I love it. It gives a light coverage, but enough to cover my dark circle. It does give me shine around my T zone. The only complain I have is the color range and also it's always better to have SPF in your foundation. I bough the wrong color, next time I'll remind myself to not buying products in my country anymore, it happened so many time that I bough the wrong color and they dont have return policy.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/30/2014 7:57:00 PM More reviews by erinlee86

I have only just recently transitioned across to the MAC family and have started using their foundations. Just as a side note I am a big user of their lipsticks, glosses and blushes, but never ventured into the foundation side of things. Firstly, I am using this particular product and I find that it is best mixed with the Studio Fix Fluid. I don't think it's is all that crash hot used on it's own, as the coverage isn't amazing, however when mixed with the studio fix it is perfect. I think if you are after a very natural look you could use this on it's own, but if you are after a more well coverage look you should probably look for a difference foundation or mix it with the Studio fix fluid for the perfect finish. Would I buy it again? for sure, but not to use on it's own.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/29/2014 7:54:00 AM More reviews by mule84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

It's been a long time since I wore a liquid foundation, and I've finally found one that converted me back from powder.

I don't like a lot of coverage, I was looking for a foundation that would add some moisture to my increasingly dry skin, and I wanted something that would last. With MAC Face and Body I got all of that... with a few buts...

I find application best with a sponge, but I think a brush like the MAC 187 would work well, also. The liquid is quite watery, and I need to use more than I first estimate (nearly every time!) because the sponge soaks some of it up. I usually go over roughly, then add a bit more in parts that need it, finishing with a quick buff to smooth out any lines I may have missed.

After application you HAVE TO LET IT DRY!!! I applied it the other day and put powder on almost straight away because it was humid and I thought 'powder will set this and stop any perspiration.' Noooooooo. Instead I got caking, which was not cool. I had to start again, and this time I sat in a cool breeze for about 5 minutes to let the foundation set before repowdering and it was perfect!

Finally, the packaging. Amazing. I have smashed more foundation bottles over the years than I can count. This comes in a plastic squeezy bottle with a little nib at the top. I find it so easy to squeeze out just the right amount and then throw it back into my draw. It's perfect for clumsy girls like me!

This is a very sheer foundation - probably not much more coverage than a tinted moisturiser. Which I love! But if you need or want more coverage, this isn't the one for you. Those with oily complexions might find that it wears off quite quickly, also.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2014 9:23:00 AM More reviews by HNA

I purchased a sample on eBay and oh my goodness I've finally found the PERFECT foundation for me. It really does look like skin!!!!! Absolutely gorgeous love it. Although it didn't cover up one or two red blemishes I had on my chin that doesn't matter at all nothing a little bit of concealer couldn't fix. It's a sheer foundation anyway. I will definitely be purchasing the full bottle. Just melts into the skin I apply it with a sponge or fingers. Haven't tried it with a brush yet. Love the colour too. If you like lightweight foundations and you don't require a lot of coverage just skin evened out then this is the one for you!! Like the finish too it's not too dewy and it's not matte. Inbetween the two I would say

rated 5 of 5 on 4/22/2014 6:09:00 PM More reviews by BlondeInTheCity

Natural looking foundation which gives a gorgeous glow. Face and Body gives sheer coverage but is also surprisingly buildable to a medium finish. The formula took a little time to get used to as the liquid is thin, although I have found that working the foundation in my hands before application thickens it a little and saves too much buffing when on the skin. I find F&B to be good value when bought in 120ml as a little really goes a long way. The shade range isn't quite as extensive as in other MAC products (I'm N1) although you could always blend with white if very fair. Also great for photography as it doesn't contain SPF. My favourite for light and natural makeup.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/22/2014 12:15:00 AM More reviews by ashaleyyy101

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great for a base foundation after primer. Then set with another heavily foundation or powder.
Although I find mac very heavy on the skin, if you are acne prone then i would suggest only using MAC when going out/special occasions etc. I used it everyday and it made me break out.. bad!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/20/2014 10:58:00 PM More reviews by starstruck82

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I absolutely adore this foundation! Before deciding to buy this foundation i got several samples of different foundations and I ended up forgetting about them and used up all of the F&B sample and then bought it! yep thats how much I loved it. I really hate the look+feel of full coverage cakey foundations and was looking for a light, dewy, looks like skin type of foundation and this meets that standard. Al ot of people say this only works for people with almost perfect skin but seeing as I have a lot of acne scars, discoloration, I simply use a full coverage concealer and then follow with 1-2 layers of F&B and it is the perfect amount of coverage for me. It photographs amazingly, looks very natural, and feels so light on the skin. It does have a shiny finish to it, so you might have to powder afterwards!

The shade I use is C4 (I'm a NC42) but its a tad light and would say C5 is definitely a better match for me. I know people either hate it or love it, but that depends on what your looking for and what you like... if you don't like light coverage foundations that you obviously won't like this. If you'd like to see before/after pics of me wearing this check: http://missrubyroo.blogspot.ca/2014/04/mac-face-and-body-foundation-in-c4.html