MAC Face and Body Foundation

Water, Dimethicone, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Butylene Glycol, PVP/Hexadecene Copolymer, Stearic Acid, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Ethylhexyl Hydroxystearate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Talc, Tocopherol, Tocopherol Acetate, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange), Fusanus Spicatus Wood oil, Xantham Gum, Triethanolamine, Polysorbate 20, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Cetyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin [+/- Mica, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Chromium Oxide Greens]

on 2/8/2015 10:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse

I love this foundation. I have extremely dry skin and it makes my skin look so glowy and pretty. It doesn't emphasize dry patches too badly, and really, that is all I ask. It offers sheer to medium coverage, depending on how many layers you apply. I apply it with my fingers because it offers a more dewy finish than if I apply it with a brush. The texture is creamy, smooth, quite runny, and lasts all day on me. I wear the shade C2 and it matches me very well. I think there's a shade for everyone. I don't think oily skinned people will do well with this foundation. I think it's more for very dry to combination skinned people but even if you're on the oilier side, you will have to blot. I don't need to because I'm very dry but I can see oilier people needing to. I do have one qualm about the packaging because it tends to get quite messy. But I really recommend this foundation.

on 2/6/2015 11:24:00 PM

Holy grail foundation. So dewy and fresh. Natural and never looks cakes. Haven't found anything like it in years and years. All other foundations don't cut it after using this.

on 1/29/2015 5:52:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

got to say I love this foundation even a small squirt of it is enough as it last all days and covers those flaws and marks on you face.
I feel you do not have to use much concealer when you use this product.

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

I'm officially in love with this foundation. I have acne scarred skin and I usually need to use something fairly heavy looking to get coverage I'm happy with. This foundation builds to something that still looks like skin! I still use concealer on blemishes and under my eyes along with a powder to set, I also use mac studio fix to set and ad extra coverage if needed. I'm only very new to using this foundation but so far I love it. I was hooked on Make-up Forever HD until now but this has taken it's place. The packaging is awesome, its fit for purpose as a pump wouldn't work with the runny formula, the squeeze bottle allows you to get out a good amount without going overboard, to me the fact that it's plastic is a bonus as you don't have to worry about dropping it!

For reference I'm usually an NC30 in mac so a C3 in this foundation.

I don't know why people don't rave about this foundation more, it really is very beautiful!

on 1/28/2015 5:10:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Warm

Great foundation for dry skin.

Makes skin have a natural glow, nice dewy finish. It is a great everyday make-up, when you are on the run.

Love it!

on 1/26/2015 11:08:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Im a fan of this foundation.

It works great for my normal to dry skin. I love the finish of this and always get complimented on my skin with this one. Its very light but evens out my skin tone and gives me a very fresh appearance. There isn't a lot of coverage from this foundation so i recommend it for individuals with fairly good skin already. I apply this with my fingers and find it looks best when done this way. However, two big things to be cautious about.
1. Because of the dewy finish, during the day be ready to powder every few hours as it can lean to the oily looking side.
2. Have a good cleanser and wash your face really well after wearing this foundation as it does tend to clog pores. I take quite good care of my skin but did notice that compared to other foundations, this does clog quite a bit despite the lovely finish. My sister is very low maintenance in the skincare department and hated this foundation. I on the other hand love it.

on 1/22/2015 12:29:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I genuinely do really love this foundation, however it just doesn't suit my skin and lifestyle at the moment. It is a very light, sheer coverage, which can be built up, but even then it's not enough coverage for my oily skin. And the finish is another thing. It is supposed to set as a skin like finish, which I find it does, but after only a few hours it separates on my face. My relentless natural oils break through and eat at the makeup, dissolving it away. The poor face and body isn't durable enough to combat it :(. This finish once freshly applied is beautiful though, I have to say. Glowy, gorgeous, dewy perfection. If only my skin wasn't so oily and acne prone!

Again, the coverage can be built up, I have gotten it to a medium coverage, but no more than that. I have to go over it with a concealer for more coverage on my acne scars. For someone with normal/dry/combo skin who needs very minimal coverage, I highly recommend this foundation as it will really beautify and pep your skin up :).

Happy make-up hunting!

on 1/15/2015 8:35:00 PM

I always go back to this foundation. The price is amazing for the amount of product you get. The texture is light and easy to apply. Once it sets it looks extremely natural and has great lasting power. I always set it with translucent powder, as I don't prefer a dewy finish. It also photographs well.

on 1/15/2015 7:50:00 PM

No didn't like this foundation at all. It became an emergency foundation when I was out of everything else. I bought this after hearing a great review from one of my friends. She has problem skin and I was sure that it was going to be a great purchase. When I first poured it out it was quite watery and then the application is was quite tacky. I felt the application went on quite sheer but you had to build up the coverage quite quickly as it would dry and then flake off if you put it on too slowly. I felt that my skin was oily and my face was shiny and greasy.

on 1/14/2015 11:34:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This has become one of my favourite foundations .
This foundation Goes on the skin very supple and moisturize looking , it's light coverage but build able to a medium . If you use one coat of this foundation it will only cover some redness & make the skin look A-little more even , If you use two coats of this foundation it will cover your redness and even out your face with a natural look , bumps and some acne issues will still be a little noticeable though ( if you have any ofcourse ) ..

The pros about this foundation is ..

- The packaging is cute , it reminds me of a Mini Baby bottle lol ..

- It's water resistant

- it can be used on your body ( I don't recommend if you are wearing white though , I just blend the foundation down my neck )

- it's great for the winter time , especially if you have dry skin or combination skin ( I'm combination Oily-normal but can sometimes be alittle dry around my nose in the winter . )

- it's super natural looking and blend-able

- they have a great shade section

- it's a water based foundation so it won't give you bad acne.

- it makes your skin look moisturized .

- You can feel the foundation setting on your face as your blending it out . ( which is rare that you feel a light coverage foundation with a dewy finish setting on your face ) ..

- it doesn't become blotchy after awhile ( basically holds up really good for a light coverage foundation )

The Con about this product is ..

- after having this foundation on for awhile it will get alittle sticky ( if you have oily skin and didn't use a good primer )

- You have to shake it for 20seconds before each use and before each coat if adding more then one coat .

- it oxidizes in the face in a natural way ( I like it but others may not , the foundation does not get darker it just sinks into the skin giving it a more glowy luminous look ) .

- Your brush can get clumpy if you use it too much with this foundation without cleaning your brush .

Shade info .

It's very easy to match your self to this foundation line .. However be careful because it can still turn out ashy/grey or yucky looking if it's the wrong shade or isn't close to your shade .

I'm a NC40 - NC35 and I use the shade C4 in M.A.C face and body foundation ..

If your a NC44 - NC42 or a NC45 then C5 would be your shade , or C6 .

If your a NC30 then C3 would be for you .

If your NC25 then C3 would still probably be for you and if your a NC20 then C2 would be your shade .

I'm sure you guys get the point the lower the number the lighter the shade . The higher the number the deeper the shade .

Extra Info ..
I recommend using a buffing brush , stippling brush or a flat top kabuki brush for the best results and a more coverage look . I DONT RECOMMEND using a Sponge or your hands because it's a very light watery foundation , the sponge will suck it up and your hands will thin out the foundation MORE with the body heat . Causing you to get less product or a less coverage , I only recommend using your hands if you want a REALLY light coverage .

If you want to use this foundation because you like the moisturized supple or the dewy look BUT want to get a FULL coverage look out of this , I recommend Concealing/Correcting first and then using this foundation with a dense brush . ( flat top kabuki brush , buffing brush or good quality stippling brush ) .

All though this foundation is moisturizing I recommend STILL USING A PRIMER or a light moisturizer for the best results .

I will definitely repurchase this foundation , I never expected to like it so much considering the fact I like medium - Full coverage foundations ( no I don't have acne issues I just like having the option of being able to wear my foundation at a medium coverage - full coverage whenever I desire and because I like a flawless finish/Look . ) But this foundation really caught me by surprise .. i actually only bought this foundation out of a risk , I wanted to try something different and new , and I'm glad I did , def worth the money . :)

( OH AND the cost of this foundation is the same amount as the studio fix fluid foundation )

Video Reviews & Tutorials