October 21, 2014 | 2036 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Soap & Glory - The Righteous Butter

rated 5 of 5 on 1/8/2012 7:38:00 AM More reviews by daffydill

Packaging
Like many body butters this product comes in a tub with a screw top lid. It is a fairly bright pink in colour with the name of the product in yellow and black lettering. It is certainly not my favourite design from Soap and Glory's range, but it serves its purpose. The lid is easy to remove and screw back on. The design of the tub makes the body butter easy to reach. This is my favoured type of packaging for body butters as I can always scoop out the desired amount of product, or if I grab too much, easily put some back in the tub. The product comes in a travel size 50 ml and a larger 300 ml tub.

The Scent - Righteous?
The Righteous Butter is part of Soap and Glory's original pink line, and has a distinctive, but nonetheless gorgeous scent. It is young and fruity, without being fruit salad. I have listed the notes below to give you an idea of the scent.
Top Notes

* Bergamot and Peach
Heart Notes

* Strawberry and Jasmine
Base Notes

* Mandarin and Musk
The overall scent is well blended, so it is hard to pick out individual notes. I personally find the peach and the strawberry to be the most dominant, which are just pegged back slightly due to the inclusion of the musk which also makes the aroma seem a bit more grown up. The list of notes given in this format implies that the scent changes over time, I personally did not find that with this product. Shea butter has also been added to this product, however it lacks the plastic aroma Shea can sometimes bring, this is particularly noticeable in The Daily Smooth Body Butter by Soap and Glory. The reason for this may be due to the addition of aloe vera which gives an added freshness to the aroma.

As far as longevity goes if I apply the body butter in the morning I can still smell it mid-afternoon, and this could be extended further with layering of the associated products.
Moisturising Properties
I can not fault the moisturising properties of this body butter. The butter itself is cream in colour and is thick in colour, but not as thick as some of the really thick Body Shop butters such as Shea, Coconut and Nut. The butter absorbs very easily and feels particularly luxurious on the skin. There is no residue or tackiness, and the small amount of greasiness that is present on application quickly disappears. My skin feels soft for the rest of the day after application, due to the addition of the shea butter. The aloe vera in the product means that after hair removal my skin doesn't look as red and blotchy as it sometimes does. I am coming near to the end of my travel 50 ml size tub, and it has lasted me between 10-15 applications which tends to just involve my limbs and any further dry areas that I find throughout the day, as I tend to carry the tub around as it is such a portable size.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/2/2012 4:24:00 AM More reviews by Dinnerwithfox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Simple review.

Didnt sink into my skin, left me feeling kind of sticky and tacky all day. After a half hour after application, my whole body started becoming itchy and stayed itchy until I could shower again. Smell I'm quite indifferent about, it's neither bad or nice.

I really wanted to like this too, I had high hopes after reading reviews.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2012 8:09:00 PM More reviews by danyellec

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

One of my HG lotions. A little goes a long way and keeps me moisturised all day. Love the scent too. I buy one big tub about every 4 months as I have so many other lotions but this is up there with the best. Also a great hand cream to use before bed.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/27/2011 4:22:00 AM More reviews by aznmnkygrl808

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Holy Jesus goodness, I frickin love this body butter!!! One of my besties got it for me for Xmas after we took a walk through Sephora and i was so surprised to see this product in there. I've read about soap & glory products on blogs and I couldnt find any in Hawaii. For moisturizing products, I def prefer cream/body butters over lotions just because i feel like they do a better job at moisturizing my body compared to lotions. The consistency doesn't bother me at all. I love the smell of this body butter! Its fruity yet isn't too sweet; like cheap drugstore body sprays. The scent lasts on your body for ages and it makes my skin feel so soft. I apply this all over my body after I shower. The scent is so refreshing. Seeing previousnl reviewers before me say that the scent smells like miss dior Cherie makes me wanna check out that perfume. Once Im done with this huge tube (my friend got me the 10.1 fl oz tub), def gonna was to Sephora to buy one for myself! Love love love!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2011 3:41:00 PM More reviews by LetsSwap

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ok all you Miss Dior Cherie lovers, you *HAVE TO* get this! It smells *exactly* like that perfume! If you don't want to shell out big$$ here's a great alternative and you can't go wrong. The scent lasts & lasts, the products itself is heavenly, never greasy yet moisturizing. I don't get the bleh reviews for this one. If you don't want to make a heavy investment, get the travel size one it's only $5 at Sephora -if I don't deplete Sephora's supply first that is -LOL. The reviews for it there are great: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P294752&categoryId=6022
HIGHLY recommended from me, Miss Picky.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2011 9:37:00 AM More reviews by Radchickee

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love the consistency of this butter. It's rich and creamy yet sinks right in without a greasy feel. The smell is pleasant but a bit strong so I would tone it down a bit if I could. Otherwise, a great product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/23/2011 10:44:00 AM More reviews by Dazidoo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

My only complaint of this product is it has a very thick consistency, I was expecting it to be creamier when I bought it but I guess it is a body 'butter' and not a 'cream' so never mind!
But this product does smell amazing, I got it in a christmas set last year and I still have quite a lot of it left, it does what it is suppose to do. Not sure if I will repurchase it or not as I do love my Body Shop body butters, but the smell might draw me back.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/19/2011 9:59:00 AM More reviews by hollythecrocodile

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I went a bit crazy buying Soap & Glory stuff a few months ago because I love the packaging. This is one of my more regrettable purchases.
As a moisturizer I found this this to be avarage, it did make my skin a bit softer but not dramatically. I do have very dry skin though. It sinks in reasonably quickly and is quite light compared to other butters I have used. The big problem I have with it is the scent. It has a very strong, very cheap, synthetic smell to it which I found really off putting.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/6/2011 9:08:00 AM More reviews by Nepthaphis

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my all-time favorite bodylotion! It absorbs quickly, smells wonderful and leaves my skin sillky soft :)

Soap & Glory is also a cruelty free brand, which is an essential to me.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/1/2011 4:29:00 PM More reviews by sweetlaney

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this body butter it smells great and you only need a small amount to go a long way and it lasts for ages and moisturizes brilliantly and I use it most days have rapidly become a fan of the whole soap and glory range.