The Body Shop Olive Body Butter

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water) (Solvent/Diluent), Olea europaea (Olive Oil) (Emollient), Cyclomethicone (Emollient), Butyrospermum parkii (Shea Butter) (Emollient), Theobroma cacao (Cocoa Butter) (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Parfum (Fragrance), Methylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Eugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), Caramel (Colour), CI 77288 (Colour).

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

Update 12/09/2007: Surprisingly, I did finish using this up - mainly as a hand moisturizer, where the smell doesn't get to me too much and it keeps my dried up wrinkly hands well moisturized and even a little glowy. Towards the end I found myself getting used to the scent, but then this still turns weird on me, so definitely no repurchase.
UPDATE: Unfortunately this turns overwhelmingly funky and musty on me for some reason - probably my skin reacts negatively to the fragrance. downgrading to 2 lippies as i can't see myself finishing this now due to the terrible smell. My hubby also says it smells like BO on me, which is a problem I've never had! *** 4 lippies for its moisturizing power, 1 lippie off cos i hate the smell.
*** I picked up two of the olive body butters at a recent TBS sale, and its the first time I'm trying out body products from The Body Shop - strangely enough my first acquaintance was with their face care and makeup products, as I always thought that their body stuff was way overpriced. *** Product Review: The body butter is a pale green colour, and looks like a tub of half-melted margarine. I'm pleasantly surprised that it takes so very little of the product to moisturize a big area, as I normally require 8-10 pumps of body lotion for my whole body. To me, this is an excellent heavy moisturizer - the butter has really changed the appearance and texture of my super-dry feet, legs and arms in less than a week. However I dislike the fact that it takes some time to absorb - at least half an hour or so, and that even after absorption, it remains a little sticky. My husband generally avoids me when I have the butter on - and he can see it from the sheen it leaves on skin. And I don't really get all the raves for its smell - this smells like some kind of cheap room or car freshener to me, and the smell stays on for hours. Definitely a turn-off, and though i'll finish using up both tubs, I doubt I'll be buying this again. If I do buy another body butter from TBS, I'll probably choose another flavour.
*** Final verdict: The olive butter is really great for dry skin in cool weather - although it states that this is for normal to dry skin, i really think that normal skin gals will find this far too greasy, especially if you're stuck in a hot and humid a climate, like where I am right now. (The butter actually turns rancid on the skin if it gets too hot!)

on 6/3/2007 12:41:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Great stuff. Moisturizes really well without feeling heavy or sticky, even in humid conditions (I'm from Malaysia). Light texture and absorbs really quick too. The olive scent is not a favorite with me (I prefer cocoa butter) but overall I consider it a good purchase. RM55 for 200ml.

on 4/18/2007 4:03:00 PM

This is, hands down, my favorite body butter from TBS!! The scent is nice and mild, and it moisturizes really well! I've sampled some of the other butters, but only buy/use THIS one!

This is the best body moisturizer ever! I'm not kidding you. Not this time. It comes with many options but I honestly don't even care to try the other ones. Olive is my absolute favorite. It moisturizes my skin very well, especially through winter and it smells great considering that I don't even like olives.

Most moisturizers usually get absorb and dry very fast on your skin but this one sticks around. You can feel it after hours! It's really rich.

The price I think is in a medium scale. Yes, it's true you can find cheaper body cream but does it work as well as TBS body butter? Plus after spending $75 for Fresh Pink Jasmine that wasn't even close to TBS, $17 a pop is well worth it! I can't even think one bad thing about this product.

Well, there's one actually. I used to live in Chicago and their summer is awfully hot. Don't put this product too much in humid cities cause it will get your skin too moisturized a.k.a greasy. continued >>

TBS body butter is absolutely my fave body cream. I particularly like olive because the scent really wakes me up when I apply it early in the morning after taking a shower. Plus, you can see the results almost immediately after you use the cream on your legs and arms. Highly recommended for the winter!

This is my favorite body butter from TBS. It has such a nice clean scent and doesn't interfere with my perfume. LOVE IT! I slather this on all over after a shower and am soft all day. :-)

on 12/29/2006 3:51:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love products from The Body Shop. My mom bought me the Olive Body Butter for Christmas. I work outside and my hands get very rough and dry. This stuff works great. It feels great to put on your skin. I was skeptical when I saw it was olive scented, but was pleasantly surprised. It's a nice, light scent. The only drawback is the price. It's very expensive. Although, one container will last you awhile, so it's probably no different then buying cheaper bottles of lesser quality lotions.

on 12/7/2006 4:21:00 AM

Love the scent!! Not sticky at all. Moisturizes well and leave me feeling thoroughly moisturized. Tried all body butter of the Body Shop and this one is the best for me. Will consider buying again...it's onl the price that's holding me back.

on 6/6/2006 12:08:00 PM

I love this just like I love all the other Body Shop butters. Lovely buttery consistancy that just melts into your skin leaving it feeling soft and supple. Has a nice earthy olive oil smell too.

on 5/1/2006 1:15:00 PM

I really do like this one, but not as much as mango, grapeseed and others. Still does a wonderful job and does smell good.

Popular Lotions / Creams