July 28, 2014 | 1045 users online

Lotions/ Creams - The Body Shop - Olive Body Butter

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2006 3:51:00 PM More reviews by nepthys

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love products from The Body Shop. My mom bought me the Olive Body Butter for Christmas. I work outside and my hands get very rough and dry. This stuff works great. It feels great to put on your skin. I was skeptical when I saw it was olive scented, but was pleasantly surprised. It's a nice, light scent. The only drawback is the price. It's very expensive. Although, one container will last you awhile, so it's probably no different then buying cheaper bottles of lesser quality lotions.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/7/2006 4:21:00 AM More reviews by Green_Tea

Love the scent!! Not sticky at all. Moisturizes well and leave me feeling thoroughly moisturized. Tried all body butter of the Body Shop and this one is the best for me. Will consider buying again...it's onl the price that's holding me back.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2006 12:08:00 PM More reviews by wunverdoll

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I love this just like I love all the other Body Shop butters. Lovely buttery consistancy that just melts into your skin leaving it feeling soft and supple. Has a nice earthy olive oil smell too.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2006 1:15:00 PM More reviews by volley28

I really do like this one, but not as much as mango, grapeseed and others. Still does a wonderful job and does smell good.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2006 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Catamia

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Fabulous fabulous body butter. Probably my favourite of the bunch, tied with Nut Butter. It's got this fresh green olive scent, looks earthy green and "organic", and the texture is light and whipped. It moisturizes well without feeling heavy, and is great for summer time.However, possibly because it feels so whipped, I find that I go through this stuff like crazy. If I use it daily, it probably lasts me about 3 weeks or a month. At $18 CAD a pop, I can't afford to use it up so fast!
I tried a comparable lotion called Neolia, which I got at Costco. It's made with olive oil, and has a very similar scent as the Olive Body Butter. A giant bottle (almost 500 mL) cost me about $10 or $12 CAD. It doesn't rub in as well or absorb as quickly as the Olive Body Butter, but it feels very moisturizing, and is a cheaper alternative for when I'm feeling frugal.
I do love that Body Butter though. I'd probably repurchase as a treat for myself on occasion, but for every-day use, the Neolia lotion will have to do. continued >>

rated 2 of 5 on 11/5/2005 1:55:00 AM More reviews by Jasmine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

Some people like this so much. I don't. I loved the olive body wash so I decided to buy the body butter. Was a bit disappointed because it didn't smell as fresh and it felt sticky on my skin. Smelling it directly from the tub made me think of old women and flowers... too floral.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/1/2005 8:30:00 PM More reviews by Babydollygirl

Ive tried so many of TBS body butter, all of the body butter are really moisturising, and olive is one of the best that i love.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/27/2005 2:18:00 AM More reviews by Flummig

I really like this neutral scent.As the other bodybutters it is moisture well and it really is good for your skin.Will buy again!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/31/2005 1:15:00 PM More reviews by gurlz_17

this is a great moisturizer..it's great for my little dry skin. at first i didnt lyk d scent but then after testing it for a few tyms, i lykd it. however, i still prefer d olive scent of their dry oil mist.
Body butter is not my HG lotion..still looking for that.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/18/2005 3:58:00 PM More reviews by zeynep81

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have two 50ml jars from this one. And when I used them up,I won't buy this again.The #1 reason is that I love trying new things, and there are plenty of products of TBS that I haven't checked yet. I have dry skin so this works ok to moisturize but I can't say I'm a big fan of the smell.In other words, it's just an ok product.