The Body Shop Olive Body Butter

4.3

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Aqua (Water) (Solvent/Diluent), Olea europaea (Olive Oil) (Emollient), Cyclomethicone (Emollient), Butyrospermum parkii (Shea Butter) (Emollient), Theobroma cacao (Cocoa Butter) (Emollient), Glycerin (Humectant), Glyceryl Stearate (Emulsifier), PEG-100 Stearate (Surfactant), Cetearyl Alcohol (Emulsifier), Lanolin Alcohol (Stabiliser/Emollient), Phenoxyethanol (Preservative), Parfum (Fragrance), Methylparaben (Preservative), Propylparaben (Preservative), Xanthan Gum (Viscosity Modifier), Benzyl Alcohol (Preservative), Disodium EDTA (Chelating Agent), Linalool (Fragrance Ingredient), Butylphenyl Methylpropional (Fragrance Ingredient), Limonene (Fragrance Ingredient), Citronellol (Fragrance Ingredient), Hexyl Cinnamal (Fragrance Ingredient), Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde (Fragrance Ingredient), Geraniol (Fragrance Ingredient), Citral (Fragrance Ingredient), Sodium Hydroxide (pH Adjuster), Eugenol (Fragrance Ingredient), Caramel (Colour), CI 77288 (Colour).

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

Great stuff. Moisturizes really well without feeling heavy or sticky, even in humid conditions (I'm from Malaysia). Light texture and absorbs really quick too. The olive scent is not a favorite with me (I prefer cocoa butter) but overall I consider it a good purchase. RM55 for 200ml.

This is, hands down, my favorite body butter from TBS!! The scent is nice and mild, and it moisturizes really well! I've sampled some of the other butters, but only buy/use THIS one!

This is the best body moisturizer ever! I'm not kidding you. Not this time. It comes with many options but I honestly don't even care to try the other ones. Olive is my absolute favorite. It moisturizes my skin very well, especially through winter and it smells great considering that I don't even like olives.

Most moisturizers usually get absorb and dry very fast on your skin but this one sticks around. You can feel it after hours! It's really rich.

The price I think is in a medium scale. Yes, it's true you can find cheaper body cream but does it work as well as TBS body butter? Plus after spending $75 for Fresh Pink Jasmine that wasn't even close to TBS, $17 a pop is well worth it! I can't even think one bad thing about this product.

Well, there's one actually. I used to live in Chicago and their summer is awfully hot. Don't put this product too much in humid cities cause it will get your skin too moisturized a.k.a greasy. continued >>

TBS body butter is absolutely my fave body cream. I particularly like olive because the scent really wakes me up when I apply it early in the morning after taking a shower. Plus, you can see the results almost immediately after you use the cream on your legs and arms. Highly recommended for the winter!

This is my favorite body butter from TBS. It has such a nice clean scent and doesn't interfere with my perfume. LOVE IT! I slather this on all over after a shower and am soft all day. :-)

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love products from The Body Shop. My mom bought me the Olive Body Butter for Christmas. I work outside and my hands get very rough and dry. This stuff works great. It feels great to put on your skin. I was skeptical when I saw it was olive scented, but was pleasantly surprised. It's a nice, light scent. The only drawback is the price. It's very expensive. Although, one container will last you awhile, so it's probably no different then buying cheaper bottles of lesser quality lotions.

Love the scent!! Not sticky at all. Moisturizes well and leave me feeling thoroughly moisturized. Tried all body butter of the Body Shop and this one is the best for me. Will consider buying again...it's onl the price that's holding me back.

I love this just like I love all the other Body Shop butters. Lovely buttery consistancy that just melts into your skin leaving it feeling soft and supple. Has a nice earthy olive oil smell too.

I really do like this one, but not as much as mango, grapeseed and others. Still does a wonderful job and does smell good.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Fabulous fabulous body butter. Probably my favourite of the bunch, tied with Nut Butter. It's got this fresh green olive scent, looks earthy green and "organic", and the texture is light and whipped. It moisturizes well without feeling heavy, and is great for summer time.However, possibly because it feels so whipped, I find that I go through this stuff like crazy. If I use it daily, it probably lasts me about 3 weeks or a month. At $18 CAD a pop, I can't afford to use it up so fast!
I tried a comparable lotion called Neolia, which I got at Costco. It's made with olive oil, and has a very similar scent as the Olive Body Butter. A giant bottle (almost 500 mL) cost me about $10 or $12 CAD. It doesn't rub in as well or absorb as quickly as the Olive Body Butter, but it feels very moisturizing, and is a cheaper alternative for when I'm feeling frugal.
I do love that Body Butter though. I'd probably repurchase as a treat for myself on occasion, but for every-day use, the Neolia lotion will have to do. continued >>

Top Rated The Body Shop Products