Smashbox Photo Finish Light

3.4

Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, Polysilicone-11, Butylene Glycol, Ethylene/Acrylic Acid Copolymer, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Carbomer, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Triethanolamine, Decyl Glucoside, Caprylyl Glycol, Phenoxyethanol, Hexylene Glycol, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Oligopeptide-10

on 4/8/2013 8:13:00 PM

This is my first primer. It didn't make my foundation stay on any longer or help my makeup look smoother. Luckily I only got a sample size.

on 4/6/2013 5:31:00 PM

I love this primer! Smooth, velvety & silky texture. My pores looks so much smaller after i apply this (on my T-zone only) and it helps my makeup to stay in place! Also it makes my skin feel really soft!

on 3/24/2013 1:09:00 PM

I got this because Sephora discontinued the primer I was using and the MUA recommended this as a substitute. I must say that I really like it. It is soft, matifying and reliable. It works well with a variety of foundations including long lasting ones and luminizing products. My only complaint is the price... for a primer $40 (canadian) is very expensive. Sephora's version was $25. But oh well! If you can afford it is definitely worth a shot.

Love this primer! I live in Phoenix where its over 100 degrees over half the year. I have oily skin and have always had problems with makeup melting off my face because of the heat. however this primer make my makeup stay on full for 10-12 hours, even in the worst of summer time. Also before anytime id talk in my cellphone, id get oil and makeup on my smartphone screen but with this primer it doesnt happen. I always re purchase this primer and always will because of that. Price is rather high yes, but as they say "you get what you pay for".

This is hands down the best primer. It is the only one I have ever tried that's worked. It helps to even my skin tone, smooth my skin, and keep the oils at bay throughout the day.
Another great thing is that it doesn't take a lot so the product lasts long. To me, finding a product that will actually keep my makeup on is worth the high price tag.
I will continue to rebuy this as long as I wear foundation. Holy freaking grail.

on 3/2/2013 9:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

I've used this for half a year and I think $36 is a lot for a primer, but it's so worth it's money. It doesn't feel greasy or anything and it keeps my makeup on for a long time. It doesn't break me out and I would definitely buy this over and over because that's how much I love it.

on 1/31/2013 1:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

First and only primer!
Yes that's a little silly to admit but if something works why change it?
My skin is very dry and sensitive/acne prone so when searching for a primer I did quite a bit of researching and realized this one was my best bet (quality/price/hype considered).
And it was a winner! Great feeling and no real smell.
I put this on after my moisturizer has soaked in for about 30mins and wait 2 mins before foundation application. It smooths my skin, fills in lines and of course adheres my foundation and makes it last for a long time.
One package lasts about 6 months and the price is far. Has never broken me out or caused irritation, in fact it's a great barrier between your face and your foundation etc.

on 1/25/2013 9:17:00 PM

I love this primer. I feel I jumped on the primer bandwagon late, but since using this Smashbox Photo Finish Primer Light; I see what a difference a primer can make. My make goes on smooth and looks fresh! Love this primer. It is pricey, but well worth it!

on 1/6/2013 4:37:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This primer confuses me so much!
It is the first primer that I have ever used.
I have an oily t-zone, and prior to trying primer, I would look like a hot mess by 1 or 2pm, cakey from having to powder so often, streaky from my foundation separating and somehow, still oily.
Upon using this primer, I am no longer oily, and I now need to powder my face about 90% less often. My foundation goes considerably less streaky, and only really separates under my nose now which is the most common place for that to happen on anybody. I also feel like it is nice and light on my skin and doesn't clog my pores too much,, and it is also really fast drying.

BUT, and there are a few buts. When I purchased this primer I was told, "oh you only need a tiny microscopic drop and it just covers your whole face." This is very unture, as I have to use about four times the amount I was specified to even get it to move across my skin, and this is after moisturizer (I literally cannot blend foundation at all on top of this primer without moisturizer). It is a very stiff formula. However the amount I was told to use could just have been salesperson lies. Also, you have to move very fast when applying foundation, and you can only apply foundation on top of it with a kabuki (buffing) or stippling brush or it just wont blend. I also find it makes it a little bit tricky to apply some concealers after foundation. I have no issues with powder, brozner or blusher with this primer however I have had liquid highlighter issues with again, blending.

OVERALL, this primer does what it claims and I have never been more matte and my make up has never lasted longer or looked better towards the end of the day, baring in mind though it is the first primer I have tried. However it doesn't glide over your skin easily and make blending a lot more difficult, and applying concealer and liquid highlighter more tricky. I almost feel as though I should try the normal photo finish primer and see if it makes me matte and doesn't clog my pores without the blending issues, but don't want to buy it just a sample -_-. Anyway hope this helps you guys.

Edit: I have owned this for 6 months now and it is my holy grail primer, I have tried 3 others since. I apply it with a synthetic foundation brush either by itself or mixed with MAC's strobe cream. I then apply my Smashbox Studio Skin foundation (mixed with macs fix +) with a beauty blender during the day time or a sigma flat top kabuki at night time. Love it!!!

on 12/21/2012 9:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Cool

I have VERY oily skin.. I'm usually an oily mess after an hour or two after wash. Before this primer, i used to blot every 2 hours.

This stuff dries pretty quickly. So there's no "wait 5-10 mins after primer" thing needed. With this primer and MAC's Studio Fix, i stayed looking flawless for about 6 hours. I blotted and then i was good for another 6 hours. That it pretty amazing for me.

The price is a bit expensive $37. I will still be trying different primers and try to find a cheaper one.