September 17, 2014 | 1723 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Smashbox - Photo Finish Light

rated 5 of 5 on 9/18/2012 10:48:00 PM More reviews by janamari

I must say that this product is divine. At first I was hesitant to buy it because I have tried gazillions of primers like MAC prep+prime, L'oreal and the list goes on. and so far, this combat my oiliness due to the crazy weather here in the Philippines. It's kind of pricey though. I just hope it won't make my skin break out.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/15/2012 5:12:00 AM More reviews by loverlover1328

When we were in NY, we went on a crazed primer hunt because it was super hot and humid and in the middle of a heat wave, and also Sephora took returns.
So between us we tried basically every primer stocked at Sephora and tested them against the 40 degree weather in NY, being outside all day and going into air con department stores, the subway etc. We would apply in the morning and check it at around midnight.
All 3 of us had different skins and all 3 of us left NY with one primer - this one.
This is not packed with silicone and so it won't irritate most skins. We got the regular version, but I also bought the green colour correcting one as a sample just to try. I don't see a huge benefit with the green one as opposed to the regular one.
I have used this under both liquid and mineral foundation and found that it improves both appearance and longevity.
We all agreed that this primer had the best feel and effect. Its a really light formula and goes on sort of like a moisturiser but then sinks in to nothing. Your skin just feels smooth and ready for makeup! I rub this into eyes as well and no irritation. Definitely didn't notice any clogging and did not cause blemishes!

More about me:
Asian normal skin - tending towards combination in summer
Was acne-prone for years
Foundation preference is to look as yellow as possible, absolutely nil pink
MAC NC-30, Shiseido O60
Sunscreen everyday - alternating between Sofina and Invisible Zinc

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/9/2012 11:06:00 AM More reviews by ilovejp

I use this primer most days. I have combination skin and find the original primer too heavy. I use this on my face and a little on my eyelids and it really does make my makeup look flawless! I know how much it works because when I wipe my make up off I realise how much I had on because of what comes off which proves it really does keep my make up on! I will definitely repurchase.

rated 1 of 5 on 8/28/2012 4:51:00 PM More reviews by googlybup

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I don't spend 25 quid on any item of make up but I had heard such great things about this I had to try it. I was totally disappointed. When it first went in my skin felt really soft but it didn't keep my make up in place any longer than usual and the oil along my nose was possibly worse than usual.
I had such high hopes for this product but from now on I will be sticking to my old reliable Natio Ageless Primer.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2012 5:48:00 PM More reviews by Sweetheart7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This primer is a god send!! My skin is acne prone and also very oily, and I have been looking for a way to have my foundation stay longer and not turn into an oil slick in a matter of like two hours.
I read the reviews for it and was quite hesitant at first to try it since it seemed to make people oilier or break them out, but I tried it in store and just decided to try it since I would be able to take it back to the store if I didn't like it, and I am so glad I tried it!
This primer makes my T-zone matte all day and increases my foundations staying power A LOT! Also my pores look dramatically smaller right away. I would put my foundation on around 6 am and by 8 am my foundation would have dissapered and in its place would be oil.
Alittle goes a long way with this primer. I found out that when I put too much on, then it made the few dry flakes on like my nose, seem like a lot more than there actually is.
It is an expensive primer, I believe I got mine for $25, but this bottle will last me for months and months. This is my HG primer and I will most definently be buying this again.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/14/2012 7:49:00 PM More reviews by jrbee

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved this when I first bought it, however, I recently discovered that this product was making my skin oilier rather than controlling shine. It smells ok, applies great and makes my foundation go on smoothly, but I have oil breakthroughs after four or five hours when I wear this and then again every two. When I skipped this and did the rest of my skincare routine, I went 7 hours with no breakthroughs and then just a little shine on my nose. I won't be buying this again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/12/2012 1:32:00 AM More reviews by Miaoudeminou

First of all I had a horrible experience at Sephora. I was told I was being given a MUA to do my make-up and received a skincare specialist that had no idea instead (wasn't told until the horror was done). Anyways, I explained I couldn't do primers. That primers disagreed with me and never did anything for me (seriously I might as well be slapping more moisturizer on). I also strongly emphasized the fact that silicone in anything breaks me out and that I was very acne prone. So what does she do? She grabs this and cakes it on my skin. The "light" part about this seems like a lie. I broke out horribly and was so disappointed in trusting Sephora with my sensitive skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/9/2012 12:40:00 PM More reviews by elizsafox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

So admittedly, this is my first primer. I was late to the primer party. I never understood the purpose but I finally bought a small size of this at Sephora when I went in for something else. I can see how it makes my foundation go on smoothly but I am unsure as to what else it does. I don't know if it really makes it last any longer. I first used it on a hot and humid day and I did have to apply powder before the evening was through, but I'm unsure if I would've had to do that regardless. I like the way it feels though and I like how light it is. I think that it does not make me breakout which is what my biggest fear was with a primer.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/2/2012 11:02:00 AM More reviews by ekym

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I tried this Smashbox Primer after getting tired of my old primer (Philosophy The Present) not standing up to Oklahoma humidity anymore. I liked that this was oil-free as so many primers out there are not and I don’t trust an non-oil-free primer, as I’m prone to blackheads and breakouts. I bought the travel size of this to try it out and I’m glad I did. While it was good and lasted longer than The Present, it wasn’t great. I would still have to blot and touchup my makeup midday. I was using this every day just to keep oil at bay and it wasn’t doing what I needed it to. At least it did not aggravate my skin in any way. While finishing up the little tube of this, I got a sample of Smashbox’s original formula primer. I was thrilled to find out that the original formula is also oil-free, and it worked great. Even though the Light formula does feel a little lighter on my skin during application than the original formula does, after a few minutes of setting on the skin I feel no difference in weight between the two and the original out preforms Light. I’ve since switched to the original and won’t buy Light again.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/25/2012 10:54:00 PM More reviews by lorskie

Hated it. Immediately flaked on my skin once foundation was applied over it. Slid around like crazy on my skin, and makeup moved everywhere. Total disappointment.