September 30, 2014 | 1861 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Supermoisture Makeup

rated 3 of 5 on 3/16/2010 5:34:00 AM More reviews by BecksCherie

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this foundation because I wanted a finish that was dewy and more natural as opposed to the matte I was used to. It definetly delivered that, if not much else. I can see that it could really work for some people, but not me. My basic observations:

* The formula says "liquid", but it is much more on the creamier side than any other liquid foundation I've tried. Thats to say if you put a little dollop in the palm of your hand and turned your hand upside down, it would stick there and not fall, instead of running like an actual liquid. I actually like the consistency of this though, it was convenient and not messy.

* This foundation is advertised as having a "sheer" coverage. I do have some blemishes that I like at least disguised by my foundation, so I was interested to experiment with the coverage of this. In the end, I probably wouldn't call this sheer coverage. If you used the slightest bit maybe, but it is definetly buildable and you can achieve a medium coverage pretty easily. I find that clinique foundations are always a little heavy.

* The finish is definetly dewy, I can see that some may not like it as it is quite shiny and feels quite greasy. Even when it sets my face looks quite oily and feels much the same.

* Like the packaging, it is basically a squeezable plastic tube with a silver screw top lid, it looks very cute in my make up bag and is easy and no mess.

* This product, as you may have read, DOES have shimmer. That is to say, although you may not notice in the tube (I definetly didn't), there are very tiny particles of glitter that I suppose are meant to achieve a look of illumination. They weren't really a problem for me, maybe it was my skin type or foundation shade. When I apply this in natural light I see no shimmer on my face, I am told though that under artificial lights indoors you really get that "disco ball" face look going on. Personally I didn't notice all that much. It definetly has shimmer, but I didn't find it particularly obtrusive.

* THE THING THAT PUT ME OFF THOUGH... and this won't apply to everyone, was just that the clinique sales assistant told me herself this product is packed full of oil. It did break me out, althought my skin was already somewhat acne prone, using oil on the face can disturb even the best of skins.

Conclusion? I have tried better, I have tried worse. For the price, I expect more, but it really comes down to what you are looking for in your foundation. I hope some of the things I noticed about it can help!
xx

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2010 9:09:00 AM More reviews by moorkitty

I managed to get a good sized sample to try based on the reviews here . Foundations I have used in the past include Chanel Vitalumiere, EL Futurist, Lucidity and Enlighten, Guerlain, basically meaning that I am the ultimate foundation snob. I can live without scads of blush, eyemakeup and the like but I do Need my foundations. In the past I have not really been satisfied with the Clinique foundations I have tried, not because of the pricepoint; they just don't live up to my expectations. However, I was quite blown away with this product. It goes on like a moisturizer, but has the medium coverage of a good foundation. It does not leave those little white spots in my pores, nor any of those nasty things that foundations can do (accentuate flakies, wrinkles, make skin look crepey or pasty). You need a very small amount because it spreads so well, the finish is dewy/luminous and quite longlasting. Thankfully, on asking various people if I looked like a shimmery disco ball, none of them could see it, they just thought my skin looked great. An important note is that please do not use this foundation if you are oily or acne prone and then leave a negative report on MUA complaining how the makeup slides off after two hours or gives you massive cysts. That is really not fair to the calibre of this product. This foundation was formulated for very dry or mature skin types (I am over 50) and probably if I had tried this ten years ago I would have hated it. For reference, I use the Nude shade which is fairly light but yellow-based. Even though I am a 'cool', I find the yellow counteracts the redness in my skin. UPDATE Mar 29/10 After a week, I ended up with numerous little bumps on my forehead - downgraded the lippies and gave it to my daughter - she is liking it.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/3/2010 8:35:00 AM More reviews by twiceshyjess

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I only wear this in the summer due to the excessive shimmer! I did not see the shimmer when I bought it at the counter, probably because of the lighting. However I've noticed at home, that my face pretty much sparkles. Really pretty in the sunlight... however not too great in the winter. Moderate coverage, however it isn't known for coverage.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/27/2010 2:56:00 PM More reviews by vlienn

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Worst foundation ever. I've got a terrible breakout from this and that is just the beginning. It has WAY too much shimmer and the colour doesn't match my fair skin at all. Oh, and it doesn't cover anything. The one and only thing what good is about this foundation, is that it's moisturizing. I won't buy this ever again, I'm not even use this anymore.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/21/2010 7:57:00 PM More reviews by Bethany09

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Clinique's Supermoisture foundation can be compared to MAC's Mineralize Satinfinish foundation which gives the dewy and moisturized finish. I stopped using MAC foundation because of the way it leaves your skin after a long period of time, possibly because of the ingredients and it is quite heavy for everyday use. So I found an alternative with Supermoisture. Anyway, the packaging is kinda cheap looking, it's just a tube obviously nothing fancy. The price is reasonable as with all Clinique's cosmetics. This foundation is fantastic, gives a dewy glow and makes you look very hydrated. Although the downside it is quite thick and a small dab will cover quite a bit of face. This is most likely not recommended to use in the summer unless you have a ton of blotting powder of something to absorb excess oil. I would definately repurchase this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/14/2010 2:00:00 PM More reviews by xkadiix

I really like this foundation for winter time. The problem though is that it's extremely shimmery, but when I wear this foundation I constently receive compliments on how my skin looks beautiful! I guess it's worth it :) I always apply with a sponge, it gives me a beautiful finish. Overall, this is a great foundation, but for those who might think it's a bit expensive for them (I paid $30 CA), I would suggest you trying Revlon Photoready foundation, it's cheaper and works perfectly!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/26/2010 11:41:00 PM More reviews by sparklythings

this is really good for people with dry skin. it is super moisturizing but doesn't feel heavy.
However, ,this is verrrry shimmering. I like dewy foundations, but this was a glitterball.

I tried application with 187 and 109 and it was just too glittery. it helped when i set my foundation with powder though.

But the best way to apply this is with a damp sponge... it sheers out the foundation, so that you can't see as much shimmer.... but you are also getting very light coverage.

So for people that need medium to full, and doesn't like shimmer... this foundation is definitely not for you.

I probably won't purchase again though, because i am loving revlon photoready right now.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2010 9:50:00 PM More reviews by happywoman28

Age: Unknown Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE this. Bisque is the best match for my neutral
light beige skin I've ever found, and since I've been using
Renova every other night my skin is tight and dry for
the first time in my life.
I got a free full sized tube in a promotion from Macys.
Soon as I put this on in the store a woman said to me
ten minutes later that my skin was beautiful.

My skin is perfection. Like the tube. I see no glitter,
just flawless amazing skin. Bye bye Futurist foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2010 1:09:00 PM More reviews by jakkiema

This is the foundation is what I need to be wearing in the winter months when my skin is so dry that nothing seems to stop the flaking. I take that back, not nothing. Because this foundation did. It's awesome, I just blend it into my skin and go, because of my dry skin I really don't feel the need to powder it down and I feel confident about it's staying power and how comfortable it truly it. Definite repurchase. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2010 8:14:00 PM More reviews by yg

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product is a very weird one for me I applied it and loved it but then seen myself in the light and had a million glitters all over my face. I would honestly say that this foundation should not be worn in the day or anywhere with bright lights unless u want to look like a disco ball. HOWEVER, I do find that when i wear it in a dark club and pictures are taken it looks beautiful. I think in a photo this makeup makes me look better than any other. Another weird thing is, I have it in about 2 shades too dark yet it seems to just blend in rather than looking orange. The colour undertone is really beautifull especially for us olive girls it is golden and not orange.
One thing I will add is I was using this foundation for about a month and switched back to my too-faced illuminating face wand and all my friends commented on my makeup that night saying how nice it was so I think that does speak volumes my mum also HATES this makeup on me!!(and her for that matter)