April 17, 2014 | 1311 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Pro Lipstick - Show Orchid

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2009 1:02:00 PM More reviews by hellokittywhore

This lipstick is HOT. Like someone mentioned, it is a NEON pink with a tint of fuchsia. It is surprisingly moisturizing and adheres longer than most other MAC lipsticks. I think this color would look amazing on any skin tone. I am fair with yellow undertones (asian) and this looks great! I can honestly imagine it looking extremely well on either Caucasians, Hispanics, or African women... This certainly isn't a color for everyday. But anytime you're feelin' bold, this lipstick is the way to go.

EDIT** I took off one lippie since I noticed that it makes my teeth look yellow..ew!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2009 11:42:00 PM More reviews by arikabh

Amazing!! This formula is really long lasting, color rich, and moisturizing! It's great. I couldn't dream up a better shade and formula. I like this with black liner, and bronzer. To take it up a notch further layer Extra Amps Dazzleglass over this lipstick. Crazy beautiful. Be prepared for the attention you'll get if you wear this.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2009 11:08:00 PM More reviews by L22nene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I highly agree with the previous reviewer. This l/s is gorgeous! For anyone who is intimidated by bright colors, DON'T BE! It's flattering on any skin tone. It was however recently released with the Colour Ready Collection, not rose romance. Would def. repurchase again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2009 9:00:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

Wow .. this one is a *loud*!! You have to have some serious balls to wear this lippie! this is bold .. it is bright .. this would be suitable if you really want to wear something unconventional .. if you want to turn heads. I however don't really want loud lips that scream "Look here" ... this is almost glow in the dark bright. Maybe Barbie could pull this off .. on my MMM/NC40 skintone however, this was just awful .. hideous and obnoxious.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2009 11:57:00 PM More reviews by diva22

Love, Love Love this color, I rushed to the Mac counter to buy it. It's a girly color. I hope they don't discountinue it I will be devestated. I am half Puerto Rican and half black it looks good on all skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2009 8:04:00 PM More reviews by thejuicy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is an awesome lipstick!!!
IT is such a beautiful creamy magenta color and i'm so soooo glad i listened to my makeup artist , and let her try this on me..instant face brightener.! I never would have thought this color could look so good on my skint tone, but it did !!
I wear this with my mac magenta lip liner and naked lunch on my lids.
One word to describe this lipstick: FIERCE~

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2009 6:47:00 PM More reviews by janettapo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

wow! i love you show orchid!!

i must admit, it is a tad like immodest (my most favourite pink ever) but i don't care. i find sometimes bright lipsticks wash people out, this actually brightens my complexion and i imagine it will do the same for others. it's the colour fun'n'sexy wishes it could be if it was opaque.

i actually wore this today with cyber (dark blackened purple). i wore cyber round the edge with this in the center sort of blended in and it looked beautiful.

this is the first pro lipstick i've tried and i can't wait to try more!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2009 7:49:00 PM More reviews by Magixz

Oh My Goodness! I could not believe my eyes when I saw this in the store today!! Finally! I did not think I would ever get my hands on a tube since it was one of those pro-member only shades, and there it was just sitting there looking at me. It is so much the shade I love the most. It is right up there with Chanel's Coco, or Dior's Pink Preview, only thing is, it is a bit darker pink and I love that. It has all the blue anyone could want in a color too. I think this shade is worth getting a back-up of. They only had 5 left at our local store so it may all be gone by the time I can get back there. Maybe they will make this shade a regular shade soon. It has been a pro long enough! So have some of the other one's. If MAC would just stock more of the great shades of lipsticks and blushes, they would get me to buy way more of their products. I hate it though when everything I like is a limited edition, or a pro color, and guess what....MAC never supplies enough of these products to assure all of us get one before it is either gone, or back at the pro only site! I really do think they do this intentionally to ensure more people join the pro-site, and their limited edition items get them more attention if there are not so many of them. Every cosmetic company is leaning more and more to this direction, and to me, this is a cheap shot at getting more of our hard earned money from us. Oh well enough ranting over MAC's selling techniques and back to the good stuff.
I got a brief bit excited today when the sales rep. said that MAC was going to be bringing out more and more of the pro only items! So hope she knows what she is talking about, and she said that they may be getting more of the new blushes too that are sold out. Love Rock being the one that I want was sold out from the get go around here. So what??? Some people have inside info and pre-order massive amounts of product even before they hit the counter tops with them? Ebay sellers? Cosmetic sites??
This Show Orchid will be one of my favorite shades for Spring & Summer for sure. So to me it is worth this rave review and usually I am not so much on too many of the MAC products.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/2/2009 5:46:00 PM More reviews by tshinn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have wanted to buy this lipstick for a long time but since it is a MAC Pro shade and I was not a member, I took to searching for it on eBay. Then earlier this year, I became a MAC Pro member using my modeling portfolio. No more eBay for this gal! Not only can I get most products for 30% off (not including special holiday collections or Viva Glam), I have access to the Pro goods, like Show Orchid!

With that said, I was very excited when my order containing Show Orchid from MAC Pro online arrived the other day. Finally, this lipstick was mine! Show Orchid is an Amplified Creme. It is a super bright, intense hot pink with a slight iridescent sheen that is very subtle. The lipstick has a blue-ish base and the texture is very smooth and creamy. When comparing Show Orchid with other MAC brights like Girl About Town or Pink Poodle, this lipstick is more blue-pink and more bright in tone. Girl About Town has more red in it and even though Pink Poodle is close, it is not as bright/neon as Show Orchid. Another reviewer used "neon" to describe this color and they are absolutely correct. This color is bright and powerful so if you prefer toned-down/subtler shades, this lippie may not appeal to you. However, if you are a hot pink fanatic like me and are accustomed to wearing colors like this, you WILL love Show Orchid. Also, when wearing colors like this, liners are a must. The best liner to pair with Show Orchid is MAC's liner in Magenta but you can use MAC's pencil in Cranapple (it brings out more of a red pink tone while Magenta brings out tones of blue-pink violet).
Overall, I would buy this again for sure. It is bright, fun, and totally compliments my psychobilly/vintage style. Another winner from MAC!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2008 4:54:00 AM More reviews by pikacharma

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

Holy crap, FINALLY, a true neon pink lipstick. I'm in sort of an 80's retro state of joyous euphoria here, since I discovered Show Orchid the same day I discovered Greenglo pencil, but even with my inner Rainbow Brite retro child aside, I am in complete and total awe of how amazing this lipstick is.

First of all - THIS IS NEON PINK. It is not "pink", "bright pink", "kind of fuchsia", or anything like that. This. Is. Neon. Pink. As in, it makes Girl About Town look subdued by comparison, and blows Fun n Sexy completely out of the water in terms of pigmentation. The way it looks in the tube is the way it looks on your lips, end of story. It goes on neon pink, and it STAYS neon pink. The staying power is downright amazing. It stays full force for hours and hours, and even after you've worn it all day and eaten, it makes its presence known. Sure, it rubs off a little, but it leaves this gorgeous bright fuchsia stain behind. It's also non-drying, goes on really smoothly, and feels wonderful on your lips. If you're into blindingly bright neons, this lippie is a gift from heaven, but for the love of god STAY AWAY if your tastes lean toward the subtle and understated. Even applied with the lightest hand and diligently blotted after application, this stuff was born to be wild, and it's going to be incredibly bright no matter what you do.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No