July 23, 2014 | 1999 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Pro Lipstick - Show Orchid

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2009 3:29:00 PM More reviews by rosebudzmom

Absolutely love this lipstick! Initially I didn't pick this up when it came out in the regular stores but went back and bought it after a friend of mine said she saw it on one of her friends and how awesome it looked. I can say it's bright, bold and Beautiful! I like to wear it with Magnatique Lipglass or you could wear it with Tender Tryst Cthru Lip Colour. What a creamy, awesome shade to wear! Nobody can ignore u with this lippie!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2009 7:23:00 PM More reviews by estherwest

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a favourite lipstick of mine. The colour is totally WOW! I've had it for about six months and there aren't that many situations where it is wearable (because it is so bright), but when you do wear it, it certainly has wow-factor. I also tried to use it as a blush after I saw a video on youtube saying that you can use lipstick and blend it into cheeks as blush and it works really well, makes me look a bit doll-like.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/27/2009 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Krisababy

Not one for the fainthearted, as it as an amplified lipstick the colour comes out exactly as it is in the container. I always fancied a bright hot pink lipstick so when I saw show orchid i knew that was the one, it looks gorgeous applied with a pink lipgloss over the top (at the minute im using a very cheap unknown brand i got from a set at xmas, and its working great but i will probably pick up some sort of fun dazzleglass to wear over show orchid in the future :) and the gloss gives it that extra pop, perfect for a dramatic look, or if going subtle with the eyes then show orchid creates a perfect balance between subtle and fierce. I like pairing it with all that glitters eyeshadow with some black liquid liner, looks gorgeous :]

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2009 6:00:00 PM More reviews by traciit

My first review so please bear with me. :) I practically RAN thru the MAC store the other day as hubby was waiting outside with my Chihuahua. I picked up Show Orchid, Chatterbox & Snob (which of course is an old friend).

The color of Show Orchid just grabbed me! I tried it on alone, asked the hubby what he thought & he said "it's red." Of course Show Orchid is not at all red but it is as bold as a red. I then tried it with Chatterbox & Snob & it was very surprising to me that I did NOT choose these colors to wear together. Remember, I basically ran thru the store. I also picked up Half Red l/l & found using all of these I got a very lovely version of the Colour Ready photo! I applied Show Orchid on the outer parts of the lips, Chatterbox in the middle then Snob on the inside middle.

I really cannot wait to experiment with Show Orchid again & again. I think it is going to prove to be a very versatile color able to be worn with other shades, mixed with other shades or alone.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/27/2009 1:02:00 PM More reviews by hellokittywhore

This lipstick is HOT. Like someone mentioned, it is a NEON pink with a tint of fuchsia. It is surprisingly moisturizing and adheres longer than most other MAC lipsticks. I think this color would look amazing on any skin tone. I am fair with yellow undertones (asian) and this looks great! I can honestly imagine it looking extremely well on either Caucasians, Hispanics, or African women... This certainly isn't a color for everyday. But anytime you're feelin' bold, this lipstick is the way to go.

EDIT** I took off one lippie since I noticed that it makes my teeth look yellow..ew!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2009 11:42:00 PM More reviews by arikabh

Amazing!! This formula is really long lasting, color rich, and moisturizing! It's great. I couldn't dream up a better shade and formula. I like this with black liner, and bronzer. To take it up a notch further layer Extra Amps Dazzleglass over this lipstick. Crazy beautiful. Be prepared for the attention you'll get if you wear this.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/14/2009 11:08:00 PM More reviews by L22nene

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I highly agree with the previous reviewer. This l/s is gorgeous! For anyone who is intimidated by bright colors, DON'T BE! It's flattering on any skin tone. It was however recently released with the Colour Ready Collection, not rose romance. Would def. repurchase again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2009 9:00:00 PM More reviews by niclyf

Wow .. this one is a *loud*!! You have to have some serious balls to wear this lippie! this is bold .. it is bright .. this would be suitable if you really want to wear something unconventional .. if you want to turn heads. I however don't really want loud lips that scream "Look here" ... this is almost glow in the dark bright. Maybe Barbie could pull this off .. on my MMM/NC40 skintone however, this was just awful .. hideous and obnoxious.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2009 11:57:00 PM More reviews by diva22

Love, Love Love this color, I rushed to the Mac counter to buy it. It's a girly color. I hope they don't discountinue it I will be devestated. I am half Puerto Rican and half black it looks good on all skin tones.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2009 8:04:00 PM More reviews by thejuicy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is an awesome lipstick!!!
IT is such a beautiful creamy magenta color and i'm so soooo glad i listened to my makeup artist , and let her try this on me..instant face brightener.! I never would have thought this color could look so good on my skint tone, but it did !!
I wear this with my mac magenta lip liner and naked lunch on my lids.
One word to describe this lipstick: FIERCE~