November 26, 2014 | 1176 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Midnight Poison [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 10/15/2008 9:22:00 PM More reviews by goldenjoy

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

One of my favorite fragrances. Dirty rose with a musky sweet drydown. I'm not a fan of patchouli generally but I love they way it's done here. Also the bottle is so pretty!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/13/2008 12:01:00 AM More reviews by Roxyroxx

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I can't tell you how much I wanted this to be my HG perfume. When I saw the ads I was captivated by the bottle and Eva Green's sultry darkness - I was hoping for my femme fatale scent. Alas, it is not to be. This is an unusual scent which I really like and appreciate, but there is something very synthetic about it and my boyfriend hated it - said it was like urinal cakes and Toilet Duck. To my disappointment, I could see exactly where he was coming from. I think YSL's 'Elle' is a classier version of this.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/17/2008 4:31:00 PM More reviews by Melloney

Has this got patchouli in it ? I think it does because I really don't like it. I was given a sample some time back by a Dior sales person- I was expecting fragrant fireworks because I love Hypnotic Poison . This does not sit well with me - there is a lot of 'leather' in this ,on me . Probably my skin chemistry !

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2008 10:46:00 PM More reviews by beautyqueeny

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I went through my first bottle in 6 weeks! This is fresh and floral and spicy and just plain addictive. mmm I can't get enough of this, It is so uplifting and makes me happy...

rated 4 of 5 on 9/7/2008 1:53:00 PM More reviews by lilpea

A rich warm sensuous scent. I can understand why a lot of ppl don't like it, if you are young and into the sweet florally inoffensive scents this will at first be too much for you - it is definitely for a confident woman. I was never a fan of patchouli but there is enough something else there to make me look twice. I got a sample when purchasing some makeup and was surprised at how much I love this. Will certainly consider purchasing next.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2008 9:28:00 PM More reviews by Schala_kid

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

What can I say, I love it! It just worked on me. I usually don't like patchouli, but here it works very well. I can understand what people say about wanting to wash it off, but if you give it a chance, the dry down is so warm and sensual, and can earn you lots of compliments. I'd recommend it to you if you have the confidence to carry a strong fragrance, or if you like your fragrances to turn heads. This definitely will! I am trying to buy, but price can set you back, so try to get it through samples, or get a small 30ml size... It'll last the distance, as the strength of this perfume is phenomenal, and the occasions where you might wear this (Evening, romantic nights, and possibly work in winters) will ensure it lasts you a long time. For those who like it, but might complain of head spins, spray it on your scarf, and you'll be left with a softer lingering scent, the bulk will be on your scarf, so you can endure the fragrance. Whatever works best. Give it a go! you might just surprise yourself!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/22/2008 4:12:00 PM More reviews by highrise

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I loved this before sampling it - loved the campaign, love Eva Green, the gorgeous commercial, the inky, fat bottle. When I finally bought it I was slightly...underwhelmed. I had wanted it to be - just MORE, somehow. I let it sit for a while. I found that it needed time and space to grow. I went back to it, and changed my mind. Its diedown and detritus is gorgeous. I love it the next day. I love the initial cloudy blast of patchouli, even.
Wore it on my wedding day on October 13 - it 'fit' perfectly.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/22/2008 1:56:00 AM More reviews by MadamPomfrey

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Tried it at Macy's today. This is definitely not a fragrance for me because I wear only gourmand scents and if I were to buy a Poison series, it would have to be Hypnotic Poison. This is an interesting scent however, woodsy and floral, after you get over the initial shock of patchouli. If you like patchouli and rose--great, definitely give it a whirl. Nice packaging, pretty blue bottle.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/1/2008 8:27:00 PM More reviews by Islacita

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I sampled this one today... I keep sniffing at my wrist trying to decide if I like it or not. I definitely like it more than Poison... it seems to improve over time on me. It settles down to a soft, powdery scent with vanilla/patchouli overtones... not bad. Would I buy a whole bottle... probably not.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/14/2008 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Rocki

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I sprayed this on me at Sephora's yesterday, and I guess it's the rose that ruins it for me. I like vanilla & patchouli, but I can't stand rose. It's not the worse scent out there, but I wouldn't buy it, the drydown was better than the topnotes.