Bare Escentuals Eye Brow powder

4.7

on 1/18/2008 7:22:00 PM

I have this product in two colors: auburn and brunette. The shade I use depends on how red my hair is at the time and how dramatic I want my brows to be. I use it with the BE angled brow brush. It looks very natural and can be used very sparingly for a natural look or heavier for a more dramatic look. It fills in sparse areas without looking fake and blends very nicely.
Be warned: I don't recommend dipping the brush into the product as it will put WAY too much on the brush and then it tends to scatter over your eyelids and cheekbones as you apply it. I tend to swirl my brush around the inside of the lid (as I do with all loose powders to avoid messes) which allows me to slowly layer the color.

on 11/4/2007 10:18:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I use this to fill in my brows and they look so much fuller. I use an angled eye liner brush for my application. One little pot will last a long time, good value.

on 10/30/2007 4:45:00 PM

My eyebrows started thinning and I now use this product to fill-in sparse areas. It looks very natural. I try to follow the eyebrow shape that Laura DuPriest recommends, which is easy to do with this brow powder and the right brush (BE angled liner). The container is small, but it lasts forever. I use a brow mouse after the powder and my eyebrows look fine all day.

on 8/16/2007 4:21:00 PM

Oh, how I love this! I have never had such naturally defined and beautifully coloured brows as I do now when I use the BE brow powder in Ash blonde. I never really learned how to apply brow pencils correctly on my sparse, dark blonde brows, allways ended up looking really artificial, bimboish or just plain wrong. No need for that anymore!

on 7/20/2007 10:00:00 PM

I've been asked by some MUAers to stick to product info in my reviews, so here goes: The Dark Blonde/Medium Brown works very well on my medium brown brows. The powder is a little messy, so you have to tap the brush well before applying. The color is excellent, as is the coverage, and it lasts all day - even without gel. I find that applying with a lip liner brush actually gives me more precision. The powder also appears much more natural in bare spots than does brow pencil. I like this product very much and plan to repurchase. Although a little pricey, it lasts a very long time. How's that?

on 7/7/2007 8:47:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

Words cannot express how much I LOVE THIS PRODUCT! I use dark blonde for my medium brown hair along w/the B.E. brow brush & it is beautiful & flawless every single time. I get SO many compliments! On my eyebrows!!!!!! I have never gotten ANY compliments on my eyebrows before, ever! This product actually helped me grow my eyebrows into the perfect shape which I have been trying oh-so desperately to do since I picked them quite thin in high school. I also love that I can choose to have severe brows or just full, soft brows. I highly recommended the B.E. brow brush too. I have never noticed my eyebrows looking anything but fabulous with this product.

go B.E.!!!!

on 7/5/2007 2:06:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

i used to pencil in my brows for years because i like a very sharp,defined look to them. eventually i grew out of it finding it to be very artificial looking and it made my brows break out..seriously. this powder and the bare escentuals brush allows me to create the same effect but less harsh. the powder adheres to your hairs so as long as you keep your brows properly groomed, it follows the exact shape of what you make it. and this stuff lasts forever!

on 6/28/2007 12:49:00 PM

This is really a VERY NICE product. My brows are quite sparse and I used to use a (Lancome) brow pencil every day. However, I found I often had difficulty achieving a natural look. No more -- I'm hooked on this product. It's easy to use with a slanted eyebrow brush (I didn't purchase the whole kit), which allows me to apply as much or as little as I like, so I'm able to create both very natural or more finished looks. I finish with a sweep of an eyebrow brush but find that isn't even really necessary. It stays on all day too. BTW, I took Leslie's advice and purchased the Dark Blonde / Medium Brown, which works perfectly with my dark brown hair and brown eyes. I think Brunette would have been too dark. Love this product -- it's definitely up there on the HG list!

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought the brow kit that comes with the powder, brush, and clear gel. I was skeptical at first because I have always used an eyebrow pencil and I was worried the powder would not stay put. I am so glad I tried it because it actually looks like real hair and is easy to use. I put the gel on then the powder, but I think you can do it the other way around if you'd prefer. The brush is very easy to use and hold on to. I doubt I run out for a long time, but I will definitely repurchase!

on 5/30/2007 2:52:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I canít go a day (and sometimes a night if I have gone a little crazy with the tweezers) without this product. It has a complete natural look when applied. The brush in the kit makes application so easy and the clear brow gel sets in everything beautiful. Since this product is in powder form I am able to custom blend my shades. Great for when I get the whim to change hair colors.

Popular Brows Products