April 19, 2014 | 1763 users online

Eyes - MAC - Paint Pot in Rubenesque

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 11:32:00 AM More reviews by Hamstershell

This is a peachy gold cream eyeshadow, or eyeshadow base. It is schimmery, but not over the top. It is a really lovely color, also a great base for light browns, champagnes, bronzey eyeshadows. A great staple to have.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/14/2011 11:15:00 AM More reviews by msmarielliejellie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I have heard a ton of good reviews of paint pots being excellent eyeshadow bases so when the time came when I was looking for an excellent eyeshadow base for my everyday makeup, I headed for my MAC store and picked one up. This is one of those purchases that I definitely know won't let me down and how right I was. I really love the consistency of this product. I goes on very smooth and the color payoff is pretty excellent--very, very pigmented peachy gold color that would definitely look excellent in every skintone (I've seen fair and medium skin toned girls both NW and NC wear this and it looked really good on them). And what's really good about this product is it lasts a really, really long time! People I know use MAC Paint Pots have had theirs for years! A definite must-have.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 1:04:00 PM More reviews by tapasnut

I never would have picked this for myself, but a MA used this on my eyes for a wedding and I loved it. This was my first paint pot and it was an amazing base on my oily lids. My shadow stayed all night long without any creasing. And the color is very pretty and flattering to my NC30 skin (I was worried it would be too orangey and too frosty but it's not).

rated 5 of 5 on 5/2/2011 12:59:00 AM More reviews by ithinkuracontra

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I remember buying this as a sample awhile ago and absolutely falling in love with it. I think it's an overall fun color that young people would enjoy.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/19/2011 4:35:00 PM More reviews by MACamille

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is so gorgeous! I love how satiny this color goes on, and it gives you enough time to blen it before drying. I actually just use my fingers for application, but I sometimes use a 217 brush. This color may look very orange, but, on my medium skin tone, this is a nice neutral. It can be used as a primer or an all over lid color! It dries nice and satiny, and stays on all day, WITHOUT PRIMER! I love this product, and would definitely repurchase! A definite 5 lippies!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/5/2011 12:59:00 PM More reviews by Ultrapink

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

Absolutely gorgeous!!! What a beautiful colour catched in a jar. This golden-peach just make my eyes pop!!!
I find this creamy eyeshadow very useful with my pigment in melon. I love the way it looks mixed with a layer of woodwinked and melon on top paired with russian red on lips. WOW!
I live in the south of Spain (hot/wet weather) and I find this amazing over my lids. It does not crease and it keeps setted perfectly well after 12 hours with my UDPP, even on the beach it has a nice lasting power.
I usually wear greens, but I'm actually trying out corals during sunny days, and I find quite nice mixing rubenesque+expensive pink+red brick (outer corner)+a hint of teal in the outer waterline to enhance my mossy green eyes. I use to pair it with crosswires or Revlon's coral reef and it looks amazingly beachy!!!
Another thing is I love using Rubenesque on my cheekbones. It gives such a beautiful glow that I always get compliments when I wear it. Just beautiful. Definitely will repurchase it!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 1:48:00 AM More reviews by BuddyBuddy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Absolutely love this color!! They told me it was a base, but I use it as a sheer, shimmery shadow on most days. I layer on other shadows for shows and outings, and it just makes everything pop!! Best MAC product I've used. The color is perfect, the container is super cute-if only they'd drop the price. But considering I still have lots left even after a year, it is more than worth your money. =)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2011 1:53:00 PM More reviews by kellirae

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

LOVE Rubenesque! It works perfect for me as a shadow base because I wear alot of peachy/gold shadows and it helps to make them soo vibrant. I have no problems with creasing and it keeps my shadow looking lovely all day = )

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 7:41:00 PM More reviews by lsuchick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really like this PP. For starters it works as a great base to really pick up the pigments in your eyeshadow. Then, It's a fleshy color so it won't steal the show of your eyeshadow! Lastly, it's such a great PP because if you are in a hurry you can swipe it on your lids as your eyeshadow! I LOVE it! ♥

rated 5 of 5 on 3/6/2011 3:15:00 AM More reviews by jeannamv

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I think I like this more than bare study. It really brings out the more pink and gold colors witch is what I use most. Didn't feel heavy on my eyes like others have said, but very light and to me, not as greasy as bare study. It's a very pretty orange y, gold color, think like a sunset. I wool definitely repurchase this again, though I doubt I'll need to for awhile, since it's a fairly large amount.