November 28, 2014 | 1650 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Virtuose Divine Lasting Curves & Length (Courbe Virtuose)

image 0image 1image 2

rated 4 of 5 on 3/19/2009 2:01:00 AM More reviews by jerny

I like this mascara a lot, and it gives an even curvier, prettier look than MAC Pro Longlash, which I had been using before. It was a little tough to get used to its texture, as it stays kind of waxy all day -- but it's that very texture that keeps it from flaking, so I guess it's ultimately a good thing. It takes a little more work to get it off than most other mascaras I've used (again because of its waxiness), but the look is great. I agree with everyone who has already said that this mascara provides a very small time window in which to get the mascara on, as it does dry very quickly on the lash. Coats must be applied in quick succession.
I was able to purchase Virtuose using my Shoppers Optimum points, so I'm not 100% sure I would drop the coin this product demands again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2009 7:04:00 AM More reviews by kayvang

This mascara is not the mascara for you if you want THICK FULL and EXTREMELY LONG LASHES (if you don't have long lashes to begin with). This mascara rather helps to accentuate and darken your lashes. I like it because it gives off a more natural eyelash look, the mascara is not as thick as other mascaras I have used in the past. Also I didn't find it clumpy (maybe if you put it on 10-15 times) but if you put it on 1-3 times, it's not clumpy at all.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/15/2009 6:08:00 PM More reviews by silvergirl518

I liked this product and got it for free. Maybe I just got a bad tube, but this product started to flake only about an hour after I put it on. I loved the volume and length it gave but was not worth it for how much the formula ended up flaking.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2009 7:09:00 PM More reviews by heavendelivered

I got this mascara in black - coats lashes thin and makes it a slight longer and fuller version of your own lashes but very natural.. I'm a dramatic lashes gal for mascara so this I will not buy again and its hard to remove - stiffens (very hard) and if you built it up even worse to take if off.. too much hasle in comparison to other mascaras. Decent everyday natual looking mascara but for the price not a good buy. Nice curved applicate cheap quality product.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2009 2:53:00 PM More reviews by hva82

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My all time favourite mascara. Non-irratating and delivers what it promises. I wear this every day without fail and love the fact it does not make my lashes feel hard and spiky but soft and supple.
I have been through many brands of mascara but have to say I always return to Lancome for this or Flexitencils, now discontinued. However because I LOVE dramatic eyes I do not always find this mascara enough for evening wear and tend to layer this with Courbe Virtuose Black Carat or use YSL Faux Cils for evenings. But for everyday wear I will always recommend Lancome especially Virtuose.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2009 4:31:00 PM More reviews by monster620girl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE mascara. I've tried everything I can get my hands on. So far, this one has been a BIG let down. It went on a little clumpy/flakey at the ends, which is fine - I just used me lash comb. It seemed to do a good job of holding the curl (I'd already curled it with Shu Um. curler) - but about 20 minutes later, my lashes had fallen back to normal, and it looked like I was wearing cheap mascara. Not only that, but it was the first mascara that I've noticed flaking ALL over the place. I would recommend Panoramic waterproof by L'oreal over this any time, and it's a lot cheaper. I was hoping Courbe would do the job because I'm trying to avoid the waterproof. I'd spend 30.00 if it were the right mascara & did the job it promised, but this one doesn't come close. It's sad that the cheapie drugstore mascara works better than this!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/24/2009 1:10:00 PM More reviews by miomega

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I rated this product a 5 because it does in fact give you a lasting curl along with color that you can actually see. The only downside is that you have to apply it quickly and in no more than two layers. I still gave it a 5 because it delivers on its promises AND has the added, great benefit of being non-irritaing. This is rare for any mascara. Worthy of purchasing again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2009 9:12:00 PM More reviews by clamster

This is definately pricey but I really like this! i have tried several Lancome mascaras through GWP's and purchasing, this and Definicils are my favorite! Just a few strokes through my lashes really lengthened, volumized and slightly curled. I used the inner curve of the brush and it seperated my lashes and didn't clump them together like Fatele mascara. I like quick applying mascaras that don't take perfecting and second coats, this one definately made my lashes look good FAST! It's long lasting and is my new favorite splurge!! (beats out diorshow at the moment because it seems to dry faster and feel lighter.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/21/2009 7:45:00 PM More reviews by cszhang

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I guess I'm used to the fact that no mascara is just gonna make my lashes gorgeous with just one wave of the wand/brush. This one was okay and seemed to curl my lashes a bit. I have asian lashes that are ridiculously short and straight but this actually made them somewhat noticable but not in the 'I'm walking the runway at a fashion show' kind of way. The packaging is amazing though. I guess i just came at the right time. I got this one for free and liked it. Normally, i wouldn't have spent so much money on a mascara without a guarantee that it would work. I would recommend for people who want curl but not as much length or volume. It does have a natural effect.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/15/2009 5:03:00 AM More reviews by eyedea

This mascara gives great lashes, but it is expensive. Itīs meant to curl your lashes and give length and volume, but I still have to use my lash curler with this one... It dries very fast, and it is hard to wash off.

But the lashes look quite good after using it, but I have to be very "correct" with it.