August 21, 2014 | 1994 users online

Mascara - Lancome - Courbe Virtuose (Divine Lasting Curves)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/1/2008 4:19:00 AM More reviews by petit_ami

Lancome mascaras are usually very good. I've used Hypnose and Le Extreme and they were all great. The Bi Facil remover is wonderful at removing water proof mascaras. My priorities for using mascara are lengthening and curling (I have short and straight Asian lashes), so the Courbe Virtuose was perfect for me. I use it in conjuction with Shu Uemura eye lash curler and Shiseido Mascara Base. I enjoyed using it but I really appreciated it, when I took my Fresh Supernova Mascara for a week long trip and when I came back and used Courbe Virtouse and could tell the difference right away... no clumps at all! No smudges too, even though it's not waterproof but that could also be because of the wonderful mascara base from Shiseido, but that's another review!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/1/2008 10:57:00 AM More reviews by cstg

I bought this in Bangkok at the Duty Free Shop and it sells as "Virtuose" and not Courbe Virtuose, but it appears to be the same product but name marketed differently per region. Anyhow, it applies well, but like someone else mentioned, I can't figure out how the curved brush works wonders or not. It doesn't irritate my eyes and does not appear to smudge. It will last all day. However, I can't tell if my lashes got longer or not. The curve is just average, depends on if you had luck with the eyelash curler or not, for the curve. So, I'm not sure I'd buy this product again, as I wasn't really impressed. I'd like length + volume + and super black color lashes, which this doesn't really cut it.

==

I have used this for about 1 month now and have learned how to use it better. So, now I love it more than any other mascara I've used so far. I use the regular formula (non-waterproof) and it does not smear or clump. I just have to curl my lashes well, then apply. Lasts all day and never irritates my contact lens eyes. It's my HG now.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2008 12:52:00 PM More reviews by Strawberi123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I liked the brush as it really encouraged and held a nice curl, but the formula is a little stiff and flakey. This is also the first mascara that left little smudge marks near my eyes if I smiled a lot. Would have gotten a 4.5 if it didn't smudge and wasn't so stiff. Just ok.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2008 12:03:00 AM More reviews by kitt22kat

I really love this mascara. It adds great volume, curls, and lengthens my lashes. It does not flake off at all and still looks good at the end of the day. It is a very "strong" formula and you need a good make-up remover to take it off.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2008 2:17:00 PM More reviews by whyknot

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Blue

I usually like Lancome mascaras, as they seem to be really workable and you can get good results if you put in a little time. This one, however, is lackluster...it did maintain my curl, even just the natural curl, which is nice after using so many mascaras that look great for 20 minutes then weigh my lashes out into straight sticks for the rest of the day. But, that wasnt even nearly enough to overcome the unimpressive thickening and lengthening, and the dry, flaky formula. I think I may have gotten an old/bad tube of this from Sephora online, as many other reviewers state they got decent results in the beginning until the mascara dries out...mine was dried out from the very beginning, and I probably should have taken it back. Even still, I agree with the other reviews and will not repurchase this.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2008 2:34:00 PM More reviews by manny1996

Wow. This is like no other mascara I've ever tried and I'm a mascara freak. The first day I used this my eyes were instantly opened and I couldn't believe I didn't have to work 20 minutes to achieve this look. Some people consider how fast this mascara sets a disadvantage, but I love it! This mascara also eliminates the need for a curler. I love how much quicker it makes things in the morning. I will say, however, I did have to tug at my eyes a little to get it all off. I used mineral oil pads and some particles just didn't want to come off. To me, it's worth it and I'll definitely buy again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/17/2008 12:23:00 AM More reviews by ahu

I got this at a sample size and used it few times yet .. I think this is just an o-k-a-y mascara ..
Pros for me : Curls as it's supposed to , doesn't smudge , doesn't run , doesn't clump
and the
Cons would be : doesn't extend length, neither gives volume , hard to wash away , feels a little flaky .
So it's not THE mascara for me ..

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2008 11:55:00 PM More reviews by dragon13

This is one of the best mascaras that I've used. It really does give curves (even though I'm too lazy to use eye lash curler everyday) and is long lasting. Btw, I don't find this irritating at all.
Update: I recently switched to Definicils Pro which is better than this (by far).....so 1 lippie off.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2008 5:54:00 AM More reviews by mariannetn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a very stiff mascara, it made my lashes brittle and didnt seem to be much more than a mediocre mascara in terms of lengthening. Its not much of a volumizing formula and i wasnt impressed, however what horrified me and for the very first time, i lost 3 of my lashes. I didnt automatically assume it was the mascara s the next morning i reapplied it. I lost 2 more lashes. I would never use this mascara again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2008 8:11:00 PM More reviews by psmitty

Great mascara in every way... except my lashes started to fall out! If they hadn't, I'd give it lippies for staying power, colour, etc... but having lashes fall out even after removal is completely inexcusable. Hope it works for you!