October 20, 2014 | 1660 users online

Pressed Powders - Maybelline - Dream Matte Pressed Powder [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2013 4:59:00 AM More reviews by amberblake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like this powder, I mean it never cakes. However in the sunlight and certain lighting you can see the sparkles on your face. Its not really mattifying as it says its more of just a slightly tinted sparkly face powder. I am in the market for a new face powder, if they just took the sparkle out of it, it would be perfect. Most people wont mind it however, its NOT super noticeable,but I am picky with my makeup and constantly being close to people talking they can notice the sparkle or should i say shimmer. All in all its a good powder besides the shimmer and its not mattifying. I will not be repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/25/2013 3:33:00 AM More reviews by Megan6205

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great stuff and lasts forever!!!! Makes my face smooth and keeps oil away for a while. Barely any coverage though, but I use it as a setting powder. I asked the girl at the makeup section to help me choose a shade, and the one she chose was too light. So now I just take a fluffy brush and set my concealer with it, aswell as put it on my oily spots

rated 5 of 5 on 7/22/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by gdallar

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

Amazing powder, best drugstore one hands down.

Very matte, but light on the skin, and oh so natural looking.

Inexpensive and the puff that comes with it helps deliver a great fuller coverage when applied over concealer or fdtn.

MOST IMPORTANTLY: NO CAKEYNESS WHATSOVER, EVEN AFTER A LONG DAY

rated 5 of 5 on 7/18/2013 4:14:00 PM More reviews by AleMarisol1212

OKAY LADIES,,THIS POWDER IS GREAT,,IT GETS RID OF THE SHINE WITHOUT MAKING YOU LOOK CAKEY OR POWDERY,,IVE HAD POWDERS THAT COST 4 TIMES AS MUCH AND THIS ONE IS THE BEST,,HG FOR ME,,JUST ONE THING THO,,THIS IS MORE OFF A SETTING POWDER OR SOMETING YOU USE TO GET RID OF SHINE,,AS IT DOESNT HAVE MUCH COLOR,,BUT IF YOU ARE LOOKING FOR A POWDER TO TOUCH UP DURING THE DAY OR A SETTING POWDER AFTER FOUNDATION,, THIS IS GREAT,,

rated 4 of 5 on 7/15/2013 12:46:00 AM More reviews by maries13

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I love this powder! Coverage is great.
    However, it doesnt keep me matte throughout the whole day, and I end up having to blot/reapply between 2 to 3 hours of wear

rated 4 of 5 on 7/12/2013 8:53:00 AM More reviews by dolcibunny

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I found this product on clearance at a drugstore near me (I believe it was $4).
    I love that it doesn't create a haze of powdery smoke when I sweep my brush against it.
    The puff that came with it practically became useless after the 5th use as the product had accumulated onto it and was hard to wash off; no worries though, I prefer to use a powder brush anyways.
    This product does what it is supposed to, stays true to its matte title and holds up pretty long considering how oily my skin can get.
    Overall pretty good product and probably even better since I got it for so cheap.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2013 8:24:00 AM More reviews by 902nikki902

I just recently hit pan on this product and will certainly buy another. This is a cheap alternative for mac's blot powder. I use this in the summer months to prolong my liquid foundations and bb cream.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/11/2013 11:19:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

This powder has so much glitter in it and does not even set makeup. It's packed hard in the pan too so its hard to get on your brush. It is terrible, so I returned it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2013 4:39:00 AM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a pretty powder that is great for setting foundation and touch ups during the day. I love how finely pressed it is and how you can never overapply and look cakey. I do however hate the packaging. The swivelling mirror is finicky and almost useless. Why couldn't they just stick to the traditional compact design?

rated 5 of 5 on 7/6/2013 1:00:00 PM More reviews by makeupxo

I can't say enough good things about this product. It is probably the best powder available at the drugstore. It's even better than many of the high end powders! I bought this when I was in the US so it was only $6. However I plan on repurchasing this and it costs $15 in Canada:(

Pros:
    smooth
    provides a bit of extra coverage
    finely milled
    not cakey
    mattifies
    does not cling to dry patches
    evens out makeup
    comes with a mirror

Cons:
    expensive ($15 in Canada)
    puff that comes with it isn't very useful

I love this powder so much!