December 21, 2014 | 1032 users online

Fragrances - Estee Lauder - Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/6/2007 5:18:00 PM More reviews by 8ball

I was shopping for something else that Saks didn't have, so the sales person gave me a sample of this for consolation. From the second I tested it I was hooked! No, it's not a light fragrance, not for the faint of heart, but that's my style. To me, the first thing I detect is sumptuous lily followed by my favorite tuberose. Or is that gardenia? Whatever it is, it smells *great*. I went out and bought the small (read: most affordable) bottle. I think it's pricing is wierd, and expensive, jumping from $65 to $120 to $300. That's up there for an EL fragrance. But it really is delicious. The reasons I am giving it a 4 instead of a 5 is 1) price and 2) I have to put on "too much" for it to last, and if I put on just enough, it doesn't last as long as I'd like it to.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/3/2007 3:07:00 PM More reviews by rljp

Can you say strong! Oh my goodness. I've been reading so many reviews online about how light and lovely this scent is and people who normally do not wear Gardenia and Tuberose will like it. I personally am not a fan of white florals. The only one I wear is Monyette Paris and it's pretty warm and has other notes, so I enjoy it, but this fragrance on me smells of burnt rubber and some kind of driftwood, which is probably the rosewood in the scent. I'm so happy that Saks has an amazing return policy. It is really, really strong and I highly suggest sampling this perfume before purchasing it. The bottle is very pretty, but the perfume is too overpowering.

***Update: I still strongly dislike this scent, but if you're looking for a cheaper alternative which smells identical, purchase Clementine perfume oil from Beautyhabit.com or Fredflare.com. A small roll-on bottle is $42. It's a tad lighter, but if you like the perfume above, you'll certainly enjoy this oil.***

rated 5 of 5 on 7/27/2007 5:52:00 PM More reviews by perfumegirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

A new permanent addition to the Lauder line-up. This fragrance was devised by Aerin Lauder (who also features in the print advertising).

Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia Fragrance Notes

Top Notes
Neroli, Lilac, Rosewood,

Middle Notes
Tuberose, Gardenia, Jasmine, White Lily, Orange Flower,

Base Notes
Vanilla, Carnation,
♥♥ I could not deceide on this one. I had a sample and the samples are very nice and big. I tried,could not resist the Saks huge gift bag, gold with the fragrance and love when you can return it if you want. And I got a YSL cosmetic bag and my favorite #49 YSL fushia pink lipstick. This fragrance is very strong, hubby says it is too sweet. Wow it several places today and got loads of compliments. It lasts, is delightful. EL does a great job, Recently also got Pleasures Delight which I love. This bottle is so gorgeous and it is heavy. THis is really a winner. Take a chance, I know Saks and Neiman Marcus carries it and I think Berdorf. Love it and it is very pretty with the tuberose and gardenia. Long lasting, delicious and great fragrance another winner. Used to wear Private Collection long ago. Know I had the solid. They keep selling out of this new fragrance, ♥♫♫

4 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2007 1:01:00 AM More reviews by webgerl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been a loyal fan of Jo Malones Orange Blossom since the week it came out. My only complaints with that scent is that it doesnt last very long even when layered. This however, smells divine, not cloying or overly sweet, just fresh clean and gorgous.

I bought a large bottle today along with the cream and I will update when ive been wearing it a while but this has definate HG potential for me and I never claim anything as HG. Also for whatever reason, the idea of layering this with Tom Fords Azuree Soleil seems like a no brainer. Cant wait to try it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2007 5:27:00 PM More reviews by rosbergs3

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I just got back from Saks with my full-size bottle of Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia in hand. If you are a fan of tuberose/gardenia like me this is a MUST HAVE scent!!!!! I have a hard time distingushing tuberose from gardenia usually but the differences between the two are very apparent in this fragrance. When i first sprayed it on i was expecting for my face to blown off with gardenia. Instead, something very earthy greeted my nose. Kind of like gardenias mixed with a bunch of potting soil. I guess that is the tuberose i am smelling. A couple of hours later the scent is still going strong but the earthiness is gone and is replaced by a magnificently pure and lovely gardenia. This is absolutely nothing like the original Private Collection. There's no bitter greenness here at all. In fact, i think its kind of silly to add "private collection" to the name of this scent since it has nothing even remotely in commom with the original scent. Alas, though, i am not a high-powered executive with Estee Lauder so my opinion about the name of the scent doesnt count. But, as a consumer, my opinion of this scent does count so if you are looking for an awesome tuberose/gardenia you have to go out right now to buy Private Collection Tuberose Gardenia.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2007 10:11:00 AM More reviews by cale

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I obtained samples of this new fragrance off ebay. As a disclaimer, I am not a fan of EL fragrances, with the exception of Knowing and the new Pleasures Delight. I was excited for PCTG because I thought it might be somewhat like Chanel Gardenia or L'Artisan La Chasse aux Papillons, both of which are favorites of mine. Make no mistake, with PCTG, the emphasis is on the tuberose, not the gardenia. I generally dislike tuberose, except in small doses. PCTG reminds me of Shalini, Rosine Mea Culpa, L'Artisan Tuberose or even a Versace Blonde light. The tuberose is blended with other white florals, including gardenia. Overall, the sillage is excellent, as is the lasting power. While this fragrance is definitely not for me, I would recommend it to fans of tuberose or of EL florals.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No