July 22, 2014 | 2383 users online

Hair Color - Color Oops - Regular Strength Hair Color Remover

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2009 3:04:00 AM More reviews by acspears

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

So I've been dying my hair a dark reddish brown for years, however this past winter I went for super dark brown (next to black).

My roots have been growing out and I wanted to go back to the dark red so on friday, I dyed my hair a dark red -- big mistake!! My light brown roots turned orange and my dark brown hair turned a cherry/purple color!

I googled around for about an hour and found a product called COLOROOOPS! I read alot of reviews and liked the fact that it doesn't bleach your hair because I have processed my hair and it is baby-fine and really long, I hate the idea of bleaching it!

anyways, I picked up a bottle of color oops this morning, put it in my hair and left it for about 30min. I rinsed it out for about 15min with cold cold water and when I dried my hair it was left a gingery orange color, which in all honesty isn't that bad. I don't know where the color came from but, whatever!

my hair didn't feel brittle, dry, tortured etc at all -- it felt like it normally does! just to be safe, I ended up deep conditioning my hair this evening and the gingery orange color I had ended up darkening up, idk what's going on but again, it doesn't look too bad.

anyways, this stuff works! it lightened up my hair dramatically without killing it and I plan to dye over this gingery red in a week or two, just want to give my hair a break.

I reccomend it to anyone who has had a bad dye job with dark colors; COLOROOPS will lighten your hair and allow you to re-dye it and not damage your hair like a stripping kit will.

plus, it's $15 and available at walgreens! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/15/2009 3:44:00 AM More reviews by flawlessbackflip

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

my hair used to be really dark brown- pretty much black. i had colored it a dark ruby red and it was fading into an ugly brown. i wanted my black hair back so i tried to use this. first of all, the smell is SO terrible i could barely stand it. and my hair still reeks of it too; i used this stuff 2 hours ago!! disgusting. but i got over it considering the miracles i thought it would produce. it took out the ugly faded brown a little, to a point where it just looks like my hair is black with brown highlights. it's not too bad, but it didn't remove it completely and i wanted my hair to be all over black again.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/7/2009 5:01:00 PM More reviews by fluff

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Silver, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have never written a product review before, but I feel so strongly about how wonderful Color Oops is that I just have to write! Five days ago, I colored my hair with a semi-permanent that was supposed to be light brown, but turned my hair jet black with green undertones. I used Clairol Uncolor twice on the same day that I dyed it, but it barely made a difference; same with dishwashing liquid I used over the next few days. Out of desperation, I tried Color Oops; I was really afraid to put my hair through another chemical process. I followed the instructions (they're really easy) and less than an hour later, I had my own hair back--shiny and soft, too! This product is absolutely amazing!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/15/2009 1:08:00 AM More reviews by TheRemodeller

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had level 7 ash blonde hair with orange-gold undertone, I used XORA 7.66 hair-color (Oddly enough by developlus the same company that manufactures color oops) with 20 volume developer and it came out TERRIBLE! The cherry red I had envisioned was in reality a plain jane boring drugstore boxed color red, except for the florescent orange like near the scalp... not attractive. So I panicked and went out and purchased COLOR OPPS conditioning formula and it does exactly what it claims to do, it smells terribly but it does take out the color. I knew I would not get back to my natural color since the developer would have lightened my hair but it did take out a significant amount of red and now I'm fairly close to what I was, my hair is however much more copper than it was before. It's available at your local rite-aid and for relatively cheap. If you've had the color in your hair for over a month get the extra strength assuming your hair is still relatively healthy.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/11/2008 8:28:00 PM More reviews by omglac

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I knew going into to trying this product that it may go wrong because my hair was dyed black. It's not freshly dyed, I did it about 1 1/2 months ago. Naturally my hair is a brownish-red. I knew with the stripping process there would be a huge possibility it would turn my hair red... but I was willing to try anything to get rid of the black. WELL, it not only took all of the black out... but now it could easily be considered a bright fried orange. It didn't do much damage, or at least any that I could feel. Even though it did what it said and removed all of black... which I'm ecstatic about, it looks completely horrible.
I've heard other horror stories about putting a dye on it even though it says you can... but in this case, I'll take my chances.

*EDIT*: I put a auburn color over it about an hour after stripping it. I left the color in for the full time... and it resulted in this really pretty black auburn color. Looks black, otherwise when light hits it has red highlights. I wasted almost $20 for the same color I had in the beginning.
Just be careful when using this. Tricky stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2008 6:53:00 PM More reviews by elizboom

Color Oops is great, it did exactly what it said it would. I tried to dye my hair a light brown from a light blonde and it was a dark, ashy mess. This product lifted most of the color off. It does smell like old hot dog, quite sickening. But it works great, just make sure you shampoo and rinse for at least 20 minutes. And you're going to need a good conditioning treatment because it dries the hair out badly.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/18/2008 12:01:00 AM More reviews by LexiB

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Okay, I used to think this was crap but it's great. It's mainly good if you're trying to remove one hair color. So if you've dyed your hair black a million times and want to get rid of it, this might not do the job completely. i dyed my hair dark brown after lightening it and i realized it was too dark so i used this today. currently it's brassy and orange (it's supposed to be that way after using a product like this) but it's lighter, so I can put a new color on. thank you color oops!

rated 3 of 5 on 9/13/2008 9:49:00 PM More reviews by Jworion

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This product does what it needs to do, pull color from hair but do not expect it to leave your hair healthy. I used this twice to remove black from my hair before going blonde. Nonetheless my hair was damaged anyway but the section of hair towards the bottom that was the heaviest of black is now very severely damaged and because of the color oops I have to either cut it off or grow it it out before I can get rid of these frizzy ends. So use this product WITH CAUTION!! and condition condition condition!!

rated 5 of 5 on 9/3/2008 7:06:00 PM More reviews by Uncle_Joey

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

this product has now rescued me two times from ashy-ness. my hair is porous and sucks up color like crazy--the most recent time, i left a toner on for under 4 minutes, mixed with a 10 vol developer, and my level 8/9 highlights blonde hair turned GREYISH BROWN. color oops sucked it right out. the smell is foul, like rancid perm solution and broccoli, but it WORKS, and it will not destroy your hair. after shampooing and conditioning following color oops, my hair felt like and looked like normal. it's well worth the stench! i can only find it at rite aid in my area, and costs about $10.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/2/2008 8:04:00 PM More reviews by ChuckysBaby

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This saved my life!
Im known for my hot pink bright hair
one day i decide to add a little normal color to it
I was going for more reddish
but i ended up with a dye that totally turned brown!
color oops got it back to the condition it was before & i was able to redye the same day & my hair didnt even fall out!

although like other people said, it does have a weird rotten egg smell to it.