November 27, 2014 | 1484 users online

Cleansers - Bioderma - Sebium H2O

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2009 3:23:00 PM More reviews by smkyzor

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

wonderfull stuff. Ive suffered from dermatitis seborrheic (oily skin and redness in my t zone) and after trying a bunch off stuff that only irritated even more my skin, my derm put me on sensibio H2O and sensibio DS cream. After 1 month my skin was better but not perfect. Since my dermatitis seborreich was not that "angry" i switched the sensibio h2o to sebium h2o. Wow, its just as gentle as sensibio h2o and CLEANS better and my skin is not oily and my seborreich is gone! if you could see a picture before i tried the sensibio h2o, sensibio DS and later the sebium h2o and one picture after you would not believe how much my skin improved. Also i was getting some small pimples (2month after accutane) and the sebium h2o got rid of them! I already bought 3 large bottles (will last 1 year probably) with the fear off discontinuing this product! love this stuff..really do!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/12/2009 4:47:00 AM More reviews by nooram

i'm 29 yrs ,female,combination skin and frequent pimples in the chin area,i've visited many dermo. dr., had benzac,defferin,dalacin...etc. also tried expensive skin products.until my friend (pharmacist)suggested bioderma.it is marvellous ,i took sebium gel wash,the smell is so good that i don't want to wash it,sebium h2o is light,and i took sebium cream for seboregulating.i have brown spots from previous pimples,so i took the white objective pen for sensitive skin also from bioderma whitenning range,it's easy to apply ,2 times a day ,i've been using it for 10 days now and the spots started to fade..great stuff ,love it!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/18/2009 4:42:00 PM More reviews by bjorne_again

After having great results with Bioderma's Sensibio H2O cleanser, but deciding that I wanted something a little more suited to combo/acne-prone skin, I tried this, and I gotta say it's pretty great. It cleans just as well/better than the Sensibio, and leaves you feeling even CLEANER, which is psychologically important for us acne-prone folk.

My skin is left feeling refreshed,hydrated and squeaky clean, but I do need to follow it up with my trusty LRP physiological toner or else I feel just a touch irritated. This is my preferred cleanser for when I'm feeling like a grease-bomb about to explode into zits, but I don't really feel it's stripping, I think it's just that coolness that throws my skin off. Stings the eyes just the teeniest bit. Love it ALMOST as much as Sensibio!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2009 4:14:00 AM More reviews by galexy15

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this cleanser! Makes my skin feel really clean, and my skin definitely looks clearer since using this.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/12/2008 3:20:00 AM More reviews by Tiger_sist

This sebium H2O cleanser along with the sensibio (for sensitive skin) are the best make up removers ever! This is the only cleanser that removes waterproof sunscreen and make up effectively and does not dry my skin out. It helped to unclog my pores big time like no other cleanser could and always feels extremely fresh. Now i use it as a toner because I do prefer the Sensibio lotion which is more gentle. This formular can be a tiny bit irritating because my cheeks got red when i used a cotton pad with the sebium H2O to wipe off heavy make up or stubborn sunscreen. But my skin would calm down minutes later. So, if you have sensitive skin, definitely use the Sensibio H2O to clean your face!

One downside, it runs out too quickly !!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/30/2008 1:47:00 PM More reviews by serendipity1988

After talking to a SA at Shoppers about facial cleansers and moisturizers, I was given two 8 mL bottles of the foaming gel cleanser to try as a free sample. After two weeks and finally using these bottles up, all I have to say is WOW. Between using this and Avene Clean-Ac hydrant moisturizer, my skin has cleared up amazingly well and has begun to feel MUCH softer. I can't say enough about this cleanser - I went and bought a 200 mL bottle yesterday (ouch...almost $30!). It gives my skin such a "clean" feel rather than the tight, dry, stripped feeling that I get from most cleansers. My acne has receeded and I have noticed a decreased number of blackheads along my chin and my nose. I honestly can't say enough about this cleanser and have highly recommended it to some friends!!!

Update: After using this for just over a year and going off medications to keep my skin clear, my skin is still lovely!! I have only had to re-purchase this 3 times (thank god) as it lasts me a long time. I live in Canada and even continue to use this during the harsh winters without drying my skin too much. I will never ever stray from this product!!! Thank you Bioderma for finally understanding my skin!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2008 5:13:00 AM More reviews by sapphirecouture

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is my favorite cleanser! I was using Crealine H2O for my dry skin (due to accutane) but months after that when my skin went back to being combination/oily, I switched to this. It really gets your skin clean and feeling super soft. I love that it gets all makeup, dirt, and oil off yet my skin doesn't feel dry or irritated at all, just perfectly clean and fresh. I highly reccomend this, along with the other Bioderma H2O cleansers.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/3/2008 3:42:00 AM More reviews by agnareqc

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use Sebium H2O all over my face in summer and only on my T-zone in winter (for the cheeks I have Sensibio H2O). It removes sunscreen, makeup, dirt and oil very well. What is amazing, it even cleans out my pores on the nose. The result is comparable to using a scrub or having an ultrasonic facial, without irritation connected with the former or high cost with the latter. It also prevents blackheads from turning black. BioDerma calls it Fluidactive action and I attest it really works. More info on that: http://www.biodermathailand.com/newsdetail.asp?nid=12&cateid=1 and why micelle solution is so effective: http://www.biodermathailand.com/newsdetail.asp?nid=11&cateid=1 .

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2008 6:56:00 PM More reviews by eternallycrstn

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

AMAZING. I was worried this would be too drying on my skin when I bought it since it's for oily/combo skin. I have combo skin, but it's not really oily, more like sometimes slightly shiny in some areas, but very easily prone to dryness and major acne.

This never dries my skin out, if anything it feels hydrating. I soak a cotton pad and swipe across my face and MOST makeup is gone. Very gentle, non drying on my overly sensitive, acne prone skin. My skin feels 100% better, no dryness, no acne. I do find an oil cleanser can be necessary for waterproof eye makeup.

As others have said, it may cause a blemish or two in the first week, but after that, nothing. In fact, my skin was breaking out like crazy before I started using this and I tried using every acne product under the sun. After about 2 months of use, this has completely cleared my skin from all of that, and if I do get something it goes down right away. My skin is also so soft and glowy now, similar to how it would be after having spa treatments done, all at home after using this for a few continuous months!

I bought the huge 500 ml from frenchcosmeticsforless.com, which lasts 3.5 - 4 months but keep in mind I use this twice a day. FCFL has a duo pack of these hige bottles for about $57 and free shipping. So a pretty good deal :)

Some people feel the need to wash this off with another cleanser, I don't do that. I didn't use any other cleanser with this until I bought my clarisonic mia, I do need a more foamy cleanser with my clarisonic, so I do that first and then finish with sebium h2o. Honestly, skin has never looked or felt better.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/11/2008 8:40:00 PM More reviews by TeaMonkey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

You don't need soap. You don't need water soluble cleansers. You don't need toners. Just this (or the Sensibio version, if your skin is on the dry side).

In the evening, I massage in a bit of olive oil to melt the makeup and all the impurities. I wash my face with warm water to remove excess oil and apply the H20 with a cotton ball. No zits. No blackheads.
In the morning, I just splash warm water on my face and apply the H20, then the SPF moisturizer.
Of course, I could just skip the oil cleansing method, the H20 works incredible on it's own, but then I have to use more of it when removing makeup, and it's not dirt cheap. This way, I only use 4-5 drops on the cotton ball.

The product comes in various bottle sizes (small 125ml, larger 250ml and I think I've seen a 500ml one). It's not cheap, but since I need to use only a little, it's really a bargain - the small one lasts three months.