October 22, 2014 | 1804 users online

Shampoo - Burt's Bees - Very Volumizing Pomegranate & Soy Shampoo

rated 2 of 5 on 6/1/2009 4:20:00 PM More reviews by aubz628

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I don't think this product did what it was supposed to at all. This made my hair super flat. The smell was decent. And it stayed in my hair for quite some time. But for $8 I would not buy this again!

rated 2 of 5 on 5/17/2009 12:39:00 AM More reviews by tarrenae

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

At first I liked this shampoo it gave my hair a fresh fragrance,made it shiney,bouncy more volumized and soft,however it was all down hill from there,it caused my scalp to break out in small pimples around the hair folicales as well as dandruff like flaking(I do not have a dandruff problem,it also knatted it quite severely,and I am not able to use it daily as it dries out my ends and make them go flat.My hair became brittle,dull,frizzy and dried out,the rate of shedding also increased and my hair started to look thinner.For me I don't like artifical fragrance or having an itchy scalp so I cannot give this more then a 2 star rating.
(Keep in mind as with anything your experience with this product or any other product is based on your personal type of hair,and or performace expectations.)

Pros:
mostly natural ingredients
Promotes shine
Good smelling
More affordable then salon brands at 7.99-8
gently volumizing
high suddsing
Sulfite free

Cons:
Can be drying (use less product diluted with water,
try scalp washing only avoiding uneccesary washing
of ends.And rotate with a more moisturizing shampoo
skip a few days before using again.

Does contain some synethic fragrance (but did not
promote in an allergic response)

has high protein content so your hair will have
a tendency to get protein overloaded and feel waxy
or course,so if you have fine hair be sure not to
use this every day,I would say no more then 1-2
times a week when you want body or shine.
Never repeat(even the oiliest of scalps does not
need shampooing twice,it just wastes products
and dries out the hair,causing damage.)

Ingredients: water, decyl glucoside, lauryl glucoside, coco-betaine, coco-glucoside, glyceryl oleate, honey, glycine soja (soybean) protein, glycerin, sucrose laurate, betaine, glucose, fragrance, punica granatum (pomegranate) extract, moringa pterygosperma seed extract soy amino acids, xanthan gum, citric acid, glucose oxidase, lactoperoxidase

rated 3 of 5 on 4/17/2009 5:55:00 PM More reviews by oldjuly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was OK. I didn't like how runny it was, a bunch would fall off my hand before I got it to my hair and therefore didn't last very long. I didn't notice any wonderful results, it was just normal. I'll try something new next time.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2009 7:36:00 PM More reviews by belleepoque

There is something to be said for a natural shampoo. The lather is not bad at all, the smell is great, and my hair has never looked or felt more amazing. Before, it seemed like no matter what shampoo I used - from v05 up on to Biosilk - was the same. I have thick, fairly curly hair and I wash it daily. This shampoo gives me great volume and doesn't make my scalp or hair feel dry or greasy.

To avoid writing a separate review for the conditioner, I'll just say it only comes out of the bottle when it's upside down. Weird.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2009 3:38:00 PM More reviews by bluematisse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for about 6 months. I have wavy, semi-dry, long hair that I blow dry straight on a daily basis. I have found that if you only use the product on the scalp and hair close to the top of your head, you get the best results. YOU DO have to use the accompanying conditioner on the ends of your hair. I have shiny and soft hair, the best results I have ever had. I usually buy salon products for my hair (no drugstore). I recommend this product and will keep buying.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2009 5:46:00 PM More reviews by looweehse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm joining the minority here by saying I love this product.
PROS
1. It smells great, really nice and the smell lingers after washing too.
2. It does provide some volume to my extremely thin, limp hair, though nothing really spectacular, however I can't expect the world of a shampoo.
3. It's natural
4. It's sulphate free so doesn't strip out my hair colour
5. It lathers up really nicely (especially for a sulphate free shampoo) so it spreads easily and evenly throughout the hair and gets rid of all the styling products and whatnot.
6. My hair gets greasy within a day usually, but I can go up to 3 days without washing with this.
CONS
1. Difficult to find
2. Reasonably expensive for a shampoo (more expensive than drugstore brands)
3. It doesn't give really, really incredible volume (you'll still need a styling product)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2009 3:28:00 PM More reviews by otreasureo

I really don't know about this product. I bought it because I thought the pomegranate smell was nice and I liked the fact that it was natural, but once I started using it, the smell changed into a scent I could not handle. I literally had to hold my breath when washing my hair. I normally do not use conditioner, as it makes my fine/oily hair oiler than normal, but with this, I felt the need to use conditioner as it made my wet hair feel really gross.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2009 9:33:00 AM More reviews by n8rgrrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Arrggh. I would like to like this product, but it gave me scalp acne. Boo. The search for a natural shampoo for fine hair continues.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2009 8:56:00 PM More reviews by LCKP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried this a few times because I really wanted to like it, being all eco-friendly and all. It does have a nice smell, but it seems to suck all the moisture out of my hair and make it into one big knot. Then you have no choice but to try the conditioner. I think the conditioner is OK, but since my hair is in such knots after the shampoo I still have a big clump of hair that breaks off trying to comb it out, not good.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2009 2:09:00 PM More reviews by justreviewssrsly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My hair was shiny and full after using this shampoo, but it made me break out all over my scalp and hairline. Not cool.