April 17, 2014 | 1964 users online

Shampoo - Burt's Bees - Very Volumizing Pomegranate & Soy Shampoo

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2009 7:36:00 PM More reviews by belleepoque

There is something to be said for a natural shampoo. The lather is not bad at all, the smell is great, and my hair has never looked or felt more amazing. Before, it seemed like no matter what shampoo I used - from v05 up on to Biosilk - was the same. I have thick, fairly curly hair and I wash it daily. This shampoo gives me great volume and doesn't make my scalp or hair feel dry or greasy.

To avoid writing a separate review for the conditioner, I'll just say it only comes out of the bottle when it's upside down. Weird.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/8/2009 3:38:00 PM More reviews by bluematisse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have been using this product for about 6 months. I have wavy, semi-dry, long hair that I blow dry straight on a daily basis. I have found that if you only use the product on the scalp and hair close to the top of your head, you get the best results. YOU DO have to use the accompanying conditioner on the ends of your hair. I have shiny and soft hair, the best results I have ever had. I usually buy salon products for my hair (no drugstore). I recommend this product and will keep buying.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2009 5:46:00 PM More reviews by looweehse

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I'm joining the minority here by saying I love this product.
PROS
1. It smells great, really nice and the smell lingers after washing too.
2. It does provide some volume to my extremely thin, limp hair, though nothing really spectacular, however I can't expect the world of a shampoo.
3. It's natural
4. It's sulphate free so doesn't strip out my hair colour
5. It lathers up really nicely (especially for a sulphate free shampoo) so it spreads easily and evenly throughout the hair and gets rid of all the styling products and whatnot.
6. My hair gets greasy within a day usually, but I can go up to 3 days without washing with this.
CONS
1. Difficult to find
2. Reasonably expensive for a shampoo (more expensive than drugstore brands)
3. It doesn't give really, really incredible volume (you'll still need a styling product)

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2009 3:28:00 PM More reviews by otreasureo

I really don't know about this product. I bought it because I thought the pomegranate smell was nice and I liked the fact that it was natural, but once I started using it, the smell changed into a scent I could not handle. I literally had to hold my breath when washing my hair. I normally do not use conditioner, as it makes my fine/oily hair oiler than normal, but with this, I felt the need to use conditioner as it made my wet hair feel really gross.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/30/2009 9:33:00 AM More reviews by n8rgrrrl

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Arrggh. I would like to like this product, but it gave me scalp acne. Boo. The search for a natural shampoo for fine hair continues.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/19/2009 8:56:00 PM More reviews by LCKP

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I tried this a few times because I really wanted to like it, being all eco-friendly and all. It does have a nice smell, but it seems to suck all the moisture out of my hair and make it into one big knot. Then you have no choice but to try the conditioner. I think the conditioner is OK, but since my hair is in such knots after the shampoo I still have a big clump of hair that breaks off trying to comb it out, not good.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/16/2009 2:09:00 PM More reviews by justreviewssrsly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

My hair was shiny and full after using this shampoo, but it made me break out all over my scalp and hairline. Not cool.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/22/2008 7:58:00 PM More reviews by xizilia7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

It smells great to me and out of all the sulfate-free product I have tried, this lathers up really nicely.

It does give my hair this weird texture after I rinse it out, but I also use a very small amount of the conditioner on the ends and it works really great.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/13/2008 7:27:00 PM More reviews by HotCurry

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I'm the minority here, but I love this shampoo along with it's matching conditioner. I have thick, naturally wavy hair, and this shampoo and conditioner really brings out my natural curl and adds volume to my hair. This smells so delicious too! Yes, it can make your hair a little tangle prone , but once you add the conditioner the tangling is eliminated. I haven't found a better S&C set to enhance my natural wave, so I love it!

rated 2 of 5 on 9/4/2008 1:25:00 AM More reviews by dixiegirl01

I bought this shampoo because it was paraben-free and sulfate free. It smells great, however, I found the shampoo to be very drying and it did not lather well. I would not buy this product again.