August 21, 2014 | 1424 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2014 9:34:00 AM More reviews by chimera59

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've never liked powder foundations. I briefly tried Lancome Dual Finish years ago, and just had always assumed that powder foundations were heavy and drying and never tried one again. I bought this last week on the MAC website on a whim. I then watched a few YouTube tutorials to figure out how to properly apply it, because normally I'd just use the sponge that comes with it over foundation. I have good skin, but typically I like a full-coverage foundation. I applied this yesterday with a flat-topped Lancome powder blush, and no foundation. I used a serum, moisturizer and Sephora primer. I buffed this in all over. This gave me the best coverage I have ever found in a foundation. I also set this with Fix + after applying bronzer and blush. This lasted all day, and I am now a powder foundation convert. It wore evenly and still looked fresh at the end of the day. I was amazed at how natural and "unpowdery" this looked. I'm so glad I purchased this and will be giving liquid foundations a rest for awhile. I'm quite pale with warm undertones and the NC 15 was perfect for me. This comes in a compact with three compartments-mirror, foundation chamber, and a compartment for the sponge. I would repurchase when I finish this and would highly recommend it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 10:39:00 PM More reviews by Shanifanimua

Positives: I love this powder. It works excellent with my skin as it doesn't fade in the day, it doesn't go patchy and it hides your pores incredibly well. I can go from 9-5 and this beautiful product will keep my makeup on all day! The colour matches my skin perfectly. The packaging is very cute and compact, not to mention very iconic in the respect that if you were to think of a mac product, this cute compact will appear in your mind. Complete with a mirror and a very good quality sponge. You are set to go.

Negatives: it's a little expensive especially for the younger makeup fanatics. (However it's a very good investment), and I wish there was more of the product. (However, it depends on how much you use)

Works best with: the elf powder brush, or a real techniques buffing brush.

Dupes: even though I think there is not much that comes close, a distant dupe would be the rimmel stay matte powder.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/11/2014 6:29:00 AM More reviews by aijaraza

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have combination dry/normal skin and use powder foundations as I find liquid foundations too heavy to use in a tropical climate. Was using Revlon Photoready Powder foundation but wasn't too happy with its sheer coverage. When my daughter got married, the makeup artist used Mac Studio Fix on me and I was surprised with its good coverage, masking flaws and dark spots. I bought one in NC30 and am very happy with it. When I want a lighter coverage, I apply it using a kabuki brush and only use the sponge that comes with it when I want a fuller coverage. The MAC SA says that you can even wet the sponge for a heavier application, but I haven't tried this yet. Yes, this is definitely a keeper. Stays on all day and gives perfect coverage. The secret I guess is to build up and not apply a lot all at once to prevent caking and flakiness. Would be advisable to also use a moisturizer under it.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2014 3:38:00 AM More reviews by angelaslh

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

A lot of people say this causes them to break out? I have had quite bad skin for a couple years now since i started to get my period and this doesn't effect my skin badly in any way. So i guess it just depends on your skin. It it honestly the nicest powder i've ever used. A while ago when i saw all the reviews about how it makes your skin break out i started to test other products and nothing else even came close to how good this powder is. It is worth every cent. When i first put it on it doesn't seem to do much except for set my foundation but a couple minutes later when i look at it again its almost like it has melted into my skin (in a good way). IT IS THE BEST POWDER and i will stand by this no matter what anyone says. It doesn't make me look cakey at all and it lasts all day through any sort of weather. When i went swimming a while ago i was pushed into the pool and i was so annoyed about the fact that my makeup had been destroyed but i was amazed to find out that when i looked in the mirror it had barely come off. It is my holy grail product.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/7/2014 3:19:00 PM More reviews by Fuerza89

I have normal skin. This makeup makes my pores look bigger as it sets on them. It emphasizes dry patches and does not blend into my skin so it looks over done. Will try it again in the summer as I tend to have a slightly more oily skin and see if it blends better.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/5/2014 12:19:00 AM More reviews by Arhtexas

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I have combo, acne prone skin and this has never caused me to break out! I have used it for 2 years and one compact lasts about a year. It comes off easily with my homemade face wash and lasts most of the day. I use a brush to sweep some over my juice beauty oil free spf 30 lotion in the morning because if you use the sponge it comes with, the coverage is very heavy and feels dense and hot on my skin. With the brush, I get softer coverage which is preferred by me as I live in texas and thick make up gets hot really quickly!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/29/2014 11:01:00 AM More reviews by MizPam

I use NW45 and it blends well with my complexion. It doesn't cause me any breakouts. It is quite pricey but it lasts really long! I buy one every year so it's definitely worth it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2014 1:07:00 AM More reviews by sophiexoxo

LOVE THIS! Im on my 3rd or 4th compact and I've been using this for years. I put it over BB Cream otherwise it looks off I find. Never broke me out, made me fall in love with MAC.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/25/2014 12:22:00 AM More reviews by Vee182

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Made me more oily after an hour. Broke me out!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/22/2014 11:32:00 PM More reviews by Breighp

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is an okay powder but didn't work for me. Hard to re touch and separates on skin after hours of wear. I love the studio fix fluid but this isn't great for break outs it also causes an irritation.