September 23, 2014 | 954 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 2 of 5 on 3/22/2014 2:58:00 PM More reviews by thaonlylakergirl

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I should've gotten a clue by the lack of reviews by members with dark skin that this was no good for me. I bought it in NW50 and the color looks just lovely in the compact. But on the skin, it looks gray. I suppose all the rave about this is from ladies with lighter skin. But dark-skinned ladies know how hard it is to find products that don't turn ashy or gray on us. Well this isn't it. I consistently have issues with MAC products looking gray on me.

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 10:56:00 PM More reviews by bettyandmary

I've been using this for years-my skin breaks out really easy, but this covers imperfections like a dream. Very natural coverage as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2014 1:39:00 AM More reviews by BeautyBrunette16

Bought this impulsively. So glad I did! This is great it's lightweight, natural, and blends beautifully. Is it worth $30? Yes!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 12:32:00 PM More reviews by popcornlover722

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I love this powder it gives a great medium-full coverage and looks really natural. Feels light on the skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2014 6:22:00 PM More reviews by DiamondsAndWhiskey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I liked this one a lot. Most foundations on me look either really cakey or just straight up nasty lol. But this one has a light coverage, not heavy at all, and makes my skin look awesome.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2014 8:42:00 PM More reviews by FlawedAngel

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I am writing this review after using this product in NW10 for about 5 months. I bought it to keep in my purse as daytime touchup over my regular foundation. I love my regular a.m. foundation routine, but for the sake of convenience I cannot carry a jar of loose mmu or a bottle of liquid foundation around in my purse. So I have been on the hunt for a long time for a good powder compact for touch-ups during the day. My criteria is that it must be FF (there goes Lancôme's Dual Finish Powder compact, which was otherwise awesome), give good coverage, not look patchy over my regular foundation, and of course match my NW10 complexion, not the easiest skin tone to match! When I saw MAC was carrying this in NW10, I was really excited to try it as the reviews stated the powder version was much closer to real NW10 than the liquid version. For starters, I liked the coverage just fine, though the sponge included applied it waaay too heavily dry (never tried it wet). It also applies heavily and gives a cakey appearance with a little puff that I replaced the sponge with, but this is still better than the sponge. I ended up carrying a small Ecotools kabuki with me to brush it on and blend, which seems to be the best method, though not as convenient as I would like (to me the whole point of a compact is convenience), so one lipppie off. Btw, this does not contain mineral product, and is talc based. Some find talc to be very comedogenic, but it doesn't bother me. In fact, it works better over my regular foundation and also is more flattering in photos as it doesn't have the light reflecting properties of mmu. My big problem with this was the shade. I think this product in general would work for many, especially those with oily skin (it has quite a dry consistency IMO), but the NW10 shade was just not accurate. It is closer to an N10 or possibly NC10. While it doesn't look awful by any stretch, it has no pink in it, and actually looks to have slightly yellow undertones, which makes it better for people with pale skin, but warm undertones. NW is supposed to be for people with pink/blue undertones, which means cool toned. So that was another lippie off. Like all MAC packaging, this compact smudges easily, but that is to be expected. $27.00 is a very reasonable price, but I would not purchase again because the shade is not quite right for me. I am going to try MUFE Pro Finish Multi-Use Powder in 110 Pink Porcelain next.

5 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 3/7/2014 3:07:00 PM More reviews by talaaasorenson

I tried this powder and I was not very pleased. I have pretty oily skin, and I have no time to touch up often. I also have a lot of acne and acne scarring. I wore this powder for about 4 hours with some concealer underneath it and when I looked at myself in the mirror I saw cakeyness everywhere! Even on my cheeks where I barely applied any powder! It gives great coverage and NW20 matches me pretty well but I felt like oil on my skin just went through the powder and made my skin look so gross. I tried it again on a zit I had and the powder completely dried up my skin and made me look like I had dry patches. It's not so good for oil control and the "natural" look

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/7/2014 8:25:00 AM More reviews by TBonita

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is my 3rd compact! Since I'm a veritable foundation junkie, to re-buy means sumthin. I like the whole liquid foundation/setting powder thing, but sometimes (usually through long phases of life for some reason) I just can't. This makes it Sooo easy. I use murad oil control mattifier and hourglass veil mineral primer, then this. On top of it I use MAC blot powder to set. (My skin's been oily lately in case that wasn't apparent). It's just so easy and lasts all day. I thought I was an NW20 forever (except the rare instances I'm tan - usually tail end of summer - I try not to)... But this time I got N4 and it is PERFECTTTT!!!! I use a brush to put on, any powder brush I grab really. I don't see how anyone could not like this easy to use foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2014 1:22:00 PM More reviews by phuonganhpham

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Great coverage and lasting power, even in such hot and humid Saigon. NC25 is also very suitable for my medium Asian skin tone. My HG powder for acnes scarring as well.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/26/2014 3:49:00 PM More reviews by RandiEmmans

I just bought this powder. The MAC Consultant did a color match. Brought it home- tried it. Hated it. Too dark. Went back to the store- got another consultant to do a color match. Brought it home- tried it. Hated it. Too dark AGAIN. But not only is it too dark, its so CAKEY. I have medium skin- normal skin. And don't need much coverage. This looks like I put a bottle of foundation on and a ton of powder. Realistically, I had on a CC Cream and a little powder. Will never buy again. and going to return it today!