November 22, 2014 | 1744 users online

Powder - MAC - Studio Fix Powder Plus Foundation

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2014 4:38:00 PM More reviews by BeatFaceCharlie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I first purchased this product around 3 maybe 4 years ago. It was love at first application! I was in love with this powder right up until I figured out that I am allergic to it and it gave me a HUGE rash that took over a week to clear up! I repurchased this product about 6 months ago in hopes that my reaction to it was just a one time thing (my skin is tempermental) but it broke me out again and tingled when I applied it. : (

I would say that this foundation would great for someone that needs a full coverage powder. The only way medium coverage is coming out of this is if it's VERY lightly applied. Because of the fact that I have oily/combination/dry skin it seemed to look less matte after a few hours of wear (which I LOVE) and to gives a nicer finish.

My one other main negative is that it tends to feel heavy when applied over other products. I would usually use a moisturizer and/or primer and then a medium coverage liquid foundation, and it made my face feel like a mask! O_o

If I wasn't allergic to it I would purchase powder again!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/24/2014 4:08:00 PM More reviews by Rebeeka125

Used for years. Covers well but can look a little too cakey now that I am looking for a more Dewey look

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2014 7:19:00 PM More reviews by Stephrz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I've been using this powder for over a year and I love it! I apply it with the MAC 150, 187 brushes I alternate. When I want more coverage and in a hurry, I go with the 150. If I'm taking my time then I buildup the coverage with the 187 brush. It's beautiful it looks airbrushed it's mattifying however at the end of the day since I have fairly oily skin I have to blot some of the shine away. I absolutely recommend this powder.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 8:46:00 AM More reviews by hondurena89

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Perfect powder foundation. Great for people with dry skin. I haven't noticed my dry patches. Leaves a flawless finish. If you apply a small amount over liquid foundation it gives a beautiful finish. Package is nice with an application sponge. Nice black compact for easy travel. Hold up in summer heat. It is costly at about 29 dollars. But it's better then spending money on cheap dupes that suck. It last long. I get a ton of compliments. Even from my husband who never compliment me at all. Lol :-) we are pass that stage :-) update still love this powder I'm using care blend now because my skin has gotten drier due to hormonal problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2014 1:02:00 AM More reviews by CosmoJunkie24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

only compact I have ever went back to. I tried shopping around to see if I was missing out on anything else. to my avail nothing compares to this compact. I am acne prone and this compact works amazing for covering up. if my face gets oily I use the Mac pressed powder to remove shine. I also moisturize before use works best when face is moisturized

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2014 3:32:00 PM More reviews by Mulan1

I always hear bad things about MAC makeup and honestly believe it at times especially since this makeup brand seems to specialize in highly pigmented products. With that being said, this powder offers the most coverage for my acne prone skin. I have a lot of red marks that layers of other foundations do cover, however no liquid foundation is necessary for me when using this product. When I use this foundation/powder, my skin doesn't feel weighed down by products at the end of the day. I have pretty oily skin so I don't really moisturize and I just apply this with a dry sponge or powder puff on top of my bare skin followed by my Peter Thomas Roth powder sunscreen. I don't have any issues with it looking cakey like other users complain about. I've tried many different powders always trying to find something healthier with this type of coverage. Bare minerals, lancome dual finish, make up forever powders, lorac baked pore perfection , bourjois healthy mix, and many others. BUT I keep coming back to studio fix. I think I've been purchasing this product for over 10 years along side other brands. This stuff has great coverage and doesn't break me out. It's a great foundation/powder for on the go when you don't have time to apply perfect foundation and concealer, etc. I use this mostly on a daily basis just because it's so fast and easy and offers all the coverage I need.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/17/2014 9:36:00 AM More reviews by makeupreviews97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

ive had this for months now and still looks brand new!!!

PROS:
- gives my skin a nice glow
-makes my skin look flawless
- lasts forever in the pan
- really nice packeging
- great colour range
-perfect to set your foundation or wear alone

CONS:
-ive heard it can break people out which scares me
-very expensive

I most likely will buy it again when i use it up (which i cant see happening any time soon )

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/10/2014 3:54:00 PM More reviews by Susan2148A

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Silver, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I don't use this everyday because it isn't HG for me, but it's good for when I'm in a hurry, and when it's hot outside. First, even though I have been color matched at a MAC counter, I still had trouble finding my right shade. The SA said I was NW25, but any foundation or powder I've tried in that range is too orange and too dark for me. I tried NW20, which was too light and powdery. So, I then went to N4, which is a good shade for winter for me, and I'm getting ready to switch to N5 since I usually pick up a little sun in the warmer months. Also, I never NEVER use the sponge because it just cakes on the product. I apply it using a Bare Minerals Precision Face Brush (big fat angled kabuki). I mist the brush lightly with water, than swirl the brush on the product, then apply in a swirling motion. I have large pores and lots of texture to my skin, so this method doesn't just hit the high spots -- it covers the highs and lows and makes my skin appear more even toned and textured. I will get oily in about four hours, so I usually brush on either baby powder (my HG face powder) or MAC blot powder around my nose and on my forehead and chin. I'm a long-time user of Bare Minerals (original), which I love when I want a more luminous finish. MAC SFPPF gives me a completely matte texture, which I like in the warmer months. I'll always use this, it just won't always be my first choice.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2014 2:49:00 PM More reviews by LarissaQ

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I've never found any foundation that made me happy until this one, my HG foudation!!!!!
It's perfect for work, perfec for that make up that you almost have no time to do.
A daylight make up that can be used for a party too because it is THAT good.
It very simple to apply.
It's not heavy and let you face with a very natural look. (If you put too much and you're not used to wear powder foundation, it can get heavy and cakey)
I use it when i don't need to cover up too much but at the same time i need to be with that perfect skin.
When i need some heavy cover i use Studio fix foundation and after taht this one, just as a poder, with a very light brush, otherwise it can look really cakey.
It's flawless.
You also have to be careful when choosing the color, because the color range is very large, so it is easy to choose a wrong color for you.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/9/2014 10:26:00 PM More reviews by bunniluv88

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

This powder foundation is my go to foundation when I am really busy and don't have the time to apply liquid foundation.I spray some MAC fix+ on my face and then, I apply with a powder brush,and I am good to go. My shade is N4 or N5.

Would I buy this product again? Yes, I would